Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Who can help...Please...

FIVEby5IVEFIVEby5IVE Posts: 65 Member
Hi all,

So I've never really used mods or CC before but my sim needs some new boxers. I've downloaded some from a well known CC site. Opened the file and put them in the mods folder as directed. There is a resource.cfg file in there also (I don't know if thats important or not).

When I go into the game I get the warning about CC installed and make sure that's allowed. When I then try to put the CC on my sim it just shows up as in the pic below? Where am I going wrong????

Thanks in advance
https://www.dropbox.com/s/un06kj5029rf0wz/CC Issue.png?dl=0

Comments

• loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    FIVEby5IVE wrote: »
    Hi all,

So I've never really used mods or CC before but my sim needs some new boxers. I've downloaded some from a well known CC site. Opened the file and put them in the mods folder as directed. There is a resource.cfg file in there also (I don't know if thats important or not).

When I go into the game I get the warning about CC installed and make sure that's allowed. When I then try to put the CC on my sim it just shows up as in the pic below? Where am I going wrong????

Thanks in advance

It means that the mesh is missing. I'm betting that the cc you downloaded is a recolour of another item of cc? If that's the case, you also need the original cc, which is the mesh, in your game to make yours show up.
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,775 Member
    FIVEby5IVE wrote: »
    Hi all,

Thanks in advance

It means that the mesh is missing. I'm betting that the cc you downloaded is a recolour of another item of cc? If that's the case, you also need the original cc, which is the mesh, in your game to make yours show up.

I just wanted to add that you should be able to find the mesh by returning to the page you downloaded the boxers from.
  • FIVEby5IVEFIVEby5IVE Posts: 65 Member
    Thanks folks :)
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,775 Member
    I just remembered that a while back there was an issue where CC bathing suits and underwear based on game content showed up as missing a mesh. There is a batch fix at Sims 4 Studio for this issue.

There are versions of the program for PC and Mac. You will need to become a member to download the program but, membership is free.

Once you have installed Sims 4 Studio find where it says Content Management on the main page, click on it, and choose Batch Fixes< CAS< Fix male underwear/swimsuit EA recolors missing mesh. If you use any default CC or Kijiko's eyelashes, remove them from your Mods folder before running the program, you can put them back when you are done.