Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Dryer fail

Has anyone successfully found anything that stops that dryer from breaking down after every second use? I've had my Sim fully upgrade it, still breaking. Also how many times do I have to get my Sims to do the dry interaction before it does it? It's getting ridiculous, I put it on while a wash load went in, came back and dryer hadn't dried the clothes but washing was finished. Thinking I might have wasted my money on this pack.

Comments

• JyotaiJyotai Posts: 505 Member
    edited October 2021
    I find it 'breaks' a lot game code wise, as in it's not showing as broken, but it no longer responds to any interractions.

I'm very often having to go into build mode and place out a new one, delete the old one, and use a cheat to keep my sim's money the same - because a washer or dryer has just stopped working.

If it breaks as a part of the game, I have my sim's repair it - and this does happen an absurdly frequent amount of the time...

Enough so that if I could figure out making mods I'd make a pricey one with higher reliability.
    I don't use Discord because it doesn't support multiple accounts and I don't need folks at work wondering what I'm doing even on my own time. Until Discord catches up with every single other voice / video conferencing system, I limit where I use it:
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    edited October 2021
    I haven’t used laundry for several months, but when I did, I would just get rid of the problem clothes. Certain loads of laundry just got bugged, and I let them drop it on the floor and I sold it through their inventory. I wish they’d fix it, but that’s been my preferred workaround.
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    Am I the only one annoyed that you have to do an extra click once you put the laundry in the washer or dryer? I wish they automatically turned it on themselves once you directed them to load each! Just a very small extra step that annoys me greatly ha. I have also experienced these bugged dryers you are all speaking of too. Frustrating!!
  • manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,103 Member
    Yeah, I've noticed this too. It's really irritating. :# I do the same as babajayne.
  • Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 888 Member
    The bugged dryer is really annoying, especially when it is fully upgraded. I also normally just get rid of the clothes pile and that usually takes care of it. The frequency of it breaking down when it isn't bugging out is crazy though.
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,079 Member
    Most of my houses are fine, but I have one where I'm constantly replacing a non-working dryer and another where it constantly catches fire. In the second case, I was checking in on the family and while I was there, I got the "Fire!" popup 4 times and it was the dryer each time. Happened with three different Sims in the house. Since I never told them to even do laundry, it was weird. I ended up taking all of the laundry stuff out of the house.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    edited October 2021
    Do you clean the lint out?

In real life I've just asked my brother this and it appears he hasn't so it's stopped him from having a fire anyway. I think he had forgotten what he was told when he got it. Nobody reads the "b" manual nowadays it seems.

Thanks anyway for reminding me, (and him) EA. :)
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I find that both washer and dryer break a lot and have glitchy issues.
    Simburian wrote: »
    Do you clean the lint out?

In real life I've just asked my brother this and it appears he hasn't so it's stopped him from having a fire anyway. I think he had forgotten what he was told when he got it. Nobody reads the "b" manual nowadays it seems.

Thanks anyway for reminding me, (and him) EA. :)

I do when I'm controlling the Sims and telling them to do laundry. What was weird was they were doing this autonomously. I was paying attention to other Sims in the house every time it happened. They just randomly decided to use the dryer and caught on fire.
  • Ersa_MiddletonErsa_Middleton Posts: 697 Member
    The Dryer has been the cause of death of many a Sim in my game...
  • Goth583Goth583 Posts: 1,203 Member
    My sims use nature when I do give them laundry. I get tired of fixing them all the time.
    https://originalsimmer.blogspot.com - Check out my current TS4 Legacy!
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    I was just playing in slow mode watching my Sim, just provided with the basic clothes hampers, wash tub in the garden, additive, and clothesline suddenly deciding to go out into the garden to do her washing without prompting from me. The only thing I had to do, as she was taking some time over it, it was to stop her and tell her to put the washing on the line. Which she did.

I feel that if you don't provide too many other diversions in the house, that they tend to do better on their own, especially off the grid. This seems to follow Will Wright's axiom of just buying what you need that he used in The Sims original. He had lost many of his possessions in his house fire.
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    edited October 2021
    I almost never have a problem with the dryer, but I always install Lint Free and Tungsten Drum upgrades. The Tungsten upgrade makes the dryer (and washer) unbreakable.
    My washing machine bugs out sometimes and claim there is no working washing machine on the lot. This is fixed by Resetting the Laundry BIN, not the machine.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
    I went through all of the effort once to upgrade all of my Sim's upgradeables- appliances, fireplaces, beds. I also built and fully upgraded a rocket. Then I saved the lot to my library and when I placed it again, nothing was upgraded. The rocket wasn't even built. I was so mad about wasting all that time and money that I rarely upgrade things anymore.
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,553 Member
    I do have the same issues (I solve them with mods, but we shouldn't have to).
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • fluttereyesfluttereyes Posts: 2,337 Member
    alan650111 wrote: »
    Am I the only one annoyed that you have to do an extra click once you put the laundry in the washer or dryer? I wish they automatically turned it on themselves once you directed them to load each! Just a very small extra step that annoys me greatly ha. I have also experienced these bugged dryers you are all speaking of too. Frustrating!!

I sometimes have to do it 2-3 times before it gets dried and I do wait to see it's turning the washing round before my sim walks away
    I almost never have a problem with the dryer, but I always install Lint Free and Tungsten Drum upgrades. The Tungsten upgrade makes the dryer (and washer) unbreakable.
    My washing machine bugs out sometimes and claim there is no working washing machine on the lot. This is fixed by Resetting the Laundry BIN, not the machine.

I got my Sim to obtain handiness to 10 and upgraded everything, I even used buydebug to get the parts. Fully upgraded now.
  • fluttereyesfluttereyes Posts: 2,337 Member
    In the end I got rid of the dryer and put this in the garden shed and it's made such a difference to my game. I got rid of the clothes lines in the garden because they can't really use them in winter. No puddles in the shed so I might move this to the laundry room https://thesimmer40.tumblr.com/post/176810010459/indoor-clothesline