Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

When Your Sim Just Seems to Know …

My Sim had a gig to attend. I queued it up twice, he didn't go the first time. I queued it up again, yet this time for some very odd reason, he just stood at the base of his front steps and waited. He's never really done this before. I get the pop-up Eating for Two. His wife comes out to give him the Big News. It's almost as if he was anticipating this. He reacted joyfully, hugged her and when I queued him up for his gig again, off he went.

Has anyone else had moments like this? Or other odd occurrences in your game? Please do share, so I know I'm not alone in this. LOL
You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/

Comments

• WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,104 Member
    They do seem to have some sort of sixth sense. I can't think of anything off the top of my head, but I've had plenty of confused or angry moments with my sims only to go "oh" a few moments later lmao.
  • Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,094 Member
    I had a moment with one of my Twins, Dylan. I was playing a different household and invited Dylan over. His Girlfriend Cecelia was angry about something when she came over. She sorta invited herself over.

I suspect it had something to do with sentiments because Arihi, Dylan's mother, does not approve of Dylan's Girlfriend. Arihi and Cecelia tend to hate each other. I really can't explain why other then Arihi having the Loner trait, but Dylan's Twin, Zephyr, also has a girlfriend that Arihi never has any problems with.

Anyways, Dylan seemed to know that something was going on with Cecelia, and he seemed to know that she needed space. After giving her space, he did try to be there for his girlfriend. It was interesting to see Dylan pick up on a tense situation and navigate it without me controlling what he does. It showed me that one of Dylan's strongest traits is his compassionate trait. He gives sims space when they need it and sticks around in case they need support. He never instigates a problem with angry sims.

Cecelia and Dylan are very close regardless of his mother's approval.

Still, it was nice to see a sim that seemed to know when to walk away and when to engage in a conversation. A lot of sims don't recognize boundaries. Dylan does seem to recognize when it's appropriate to engage in conversation.

Another instance was with Kylen. I found out he was gay when he showed up on a lot that my twins were having a double date at. It was a different save and before university. I wanted to experiment with the romance interactions in game. Supposedly, the game remembers if a sim is Gay, Straight, or the Bisexual Default. Dylan and Zephyr were engaged in romance to see if they would get a preference. I don't know how to explain it, but I knew my twins were straight.

However, the thing that ticked me off to Kylen being gay could have been a similar thing I noticed with the twins. You see, Kylen showed up to this generic lot, walked past my twins, and he had a healous expression. He was looking at my twins.

I've also had sims that I know are gay have their gaze get drawn by other male sims. Like Nui, my gay Alien, he actually got a thought bubble about a make townie walking by him. So, there are these facial expressions and the way a sim turns their gaze that seems to show who or what they are interested in.
    If I remember correctly, Zephyr is the romantic out of the two twins. He autonomously picked his girlfriend. It was unplanned.

Dylan, on the other fin, didn't seem too interested in pursuing romance, but when he engages in romance, he goes all in. He built his relationship with Cecelia very quickly. Zephyr is quick to pick up girls and slow to build the relationship.

I made Kylen a potential boyfriend after I noticed his jealousy of my twins. He doesn't have the jealous trait. I've never seen a sim fall so fast for a partner.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    My main couple can be like this (or maybe I notice it more with them, because they are my favs).

- I sometimes pose my sims in throwaway saves for things like flashbacks or alternate universe stories. In one of these the main couple had to draw guns on each other, but the moment I had my screenshots, they hugged autonomously as if to re-assure each other that this was only a story, not real. Mind you, these were fresh library copies of this couple, not their usual selves. So they didn't have their usual romance bar. But I swear they know that they are supposed to have one!

- They are both recreations of characters from another game, and I was never really satisfied with Gavin. So I browsed the gallery and came home with six new Gavins. To see what they look like in outside CAS, I dressed them all alive, added a copy of my original Gavin (dubbed Gavin-7), and put these seven sims in a household together with their husband, Daniel. Again, we're talking never before played sims here, fresh out of CAS.
    Six of the Gavins did random stuff, while Daniel sat in the kitchen, grading coursework. Suddenly Gavin-7 joined him there, as if he knew this was where he belonged. I didn't have the heart to replace him afterwards. He may be not 100% accurate to how he looks in his homegame, but he "knows" he is Daniel's and Daniel is his, end of story.
    Okay, I apologize if I'm spamming, and this is my last update while it's fresh in my mind.

Some sims play hard to get while others are quick to romance. Kylen and Zeph are definitely the romantic type, while Dylan and Whitley, another sim from my rotation, tend to be hard to get because they don't seem to care for romance that much. It's hard to explain, but I do know that once you win over a sim that is hard to get, they fall hard.
  • SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    He wouldn't move because the game will autonomously "Share Big News" of pregnancies with the spouse. I have noticed this in my game but I'm not sure if all pregnant sims share the news on their own.