Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Goths how did they made they fortune?

Just a general question regarding the game, The Goths are absolute socialites, but how did tyhey get there, does anybody know?

Comments

• WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,104 Member
    The Goths go back to Sims 1. Mortimer inherited some from his parents, and he also continued to grow the fortune by painting or other creative endeavors. Don't really remember much else right now lol.
  • SkyrryxSkyrryx Posts: 201 Member
    edited October 2021
    They are a family of aristocrat and, in the lore, they founded many town in the sim world. Mortimer was a scientist in other games, but he is a writer in Sims 4, because the career didn't exist at launch in the base game. I also remember someone in the the family being in the education career and another in the business career. You can check this link: https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Goth_family
    Thank you @83bienchen for modding the game. Whims Overhaul is essential for my gameplay.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    Did Mortimer study insects (butterflies?) in TS1, or a m I mixing the lore with my own adjustments? Recalling they were the richest of the original few households back when the entire game was just 10 lots...
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    Mortimer inherited his money and power from Gunther and Cornelia. Gunther was a rather shady businessman and supposedly made his money at the start of Sunset Valley. He and Nick Alto were definitely the bad boys of Sims 3. :)
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    Also like to add that Mortimer Goth's mother, Cornelia, was sister of Agnes Crumplebottom, both daughters of Simon and Prudence Crumplebottom. Agnes was at one point the largest shareowner of Landgrab Industries - if inherited from her parents her sister (Mortimer's mom) probably got a lot of values from them too. Biggest owner of such a huuuuuge company means loads of money.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • DoodlyDoofusDoodlyDoofus Posts: 1,178 Member
    Wasn't Cornelia a CEO in the Sims 3? I assume Mortimer just got her money after she died since she's already close to aging up to an elder while Mortimer is still a child.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    Did Mortimer study insects (butterflies?) in TS1, or a m I mixing the lore with my own adjustments? Recalling they were the richest of the original few households back when the entire game was just 10 lots...

You are correct. TS1 describes him as being fond of insects. I forget the exact wording.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,888 Member
    Witchcraft and Science
    • Many goths have magical abilities
    (Like legendary Lady Ravendancer Goth)

which might have lead them to many discoveries to make money

• Rumor is Mortimer Goth invented elixir of youth which surely would lead to some wealth

Business and Politics
    • Goths are aristocrat family and are often described owning and founding places and businesses which must have had something to do with how they got their wealth.

Fame and Romance

•almost sure some wealth was gained through Morgana Goth who drove men insane with her beauty

• I could have sworn there was something about Bella being famous filmstar in some of the games but maybe my brains playing tricks
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free