Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How many aliens is too many aliens... (ok not a real question but...)

JyotaiJyotai Posts: 505 Member
For an occult I had no desire to have in my games at all, my save has been overtaken by aliens and I'm liking them a little too much...

Using the mod 'Show Sim Info' I see there are currently 643 sims in my save (Ok this is another issue - I need to get that clamped down. MCCC seems to have forgotten to cull anybody).

Of those;

58 Aliens
40 Vampires
27 Spellcasters
3 Mermaids

MCCC seems to have decided to never create a mermaid townie past the 2 it made ages ago, that I kept and moved into a household in Sulani.

I'm being over-run by aliens...

I need to figure out which of them to get rid of but everytime I pop over to one I end up not removing it, but customizing the look, managing the household if there is one, and more...

It's become a little absurd.

And way too many vampires too - it's a miracle any of my sims can survive to sunrise... ;)

I wish there was a way to get the base game to only make human townies. I like the 'occults' but wish they were rare. I'd like it to feel like my sims would be shocked on meeting an alien, not feel like it was just 'Tuesday'...

It feels like my save is a CW Network TV drama... ;)
I don't use Discord because it doesn't support multiple accounts and I don't need folks at work wondering what I'm doing even on my own time. Until Discord catches up with every single other voice / video conferencing system, I limit where I use it:
Post edited by Jyotai on

Comments

• comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    They are rare if your not using mods you can tell mc to make less if you want you could also tell it to make more Mermaids.
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 652 Member
    I have MCC set for 8 Vampires, 4 Aliens, and 4 Mermaids. I did this because my game was generating too many Aliens. To me, 12 Aliens was too many, especially after I noticed that it wasn't generating an equal number of Vampires. I also find it strange that Aliens are generated with two or three skills but Vampires typically get none. So, I decided to try to force the game to generate more Vampires. My game was also generating quite a few teen and elder Mermaids that I had no use for so I set the maximum limit to 4.
  • JyotaiJyotai Posts: 505 Member
    edited October 2021
    They are rare if your not using mods you can tell mc to make less if you want you could also tell it to make more Mermaids.

I actually set MCCC to make 1 of each, and no more, and so I ended up with 58... O.o

I'm not sure how the math on that occurred...

MCCC says it only stops 'born' occults, not townie generation occults - and so townie generation has been tossing them out as if my game was a stop on the galactic highway with a 'CW film crew' making the next 'my boyfriend with the brooding eyebrows is a vampire' romance drama.

I don't use Discord because it doesn't support multiple accounts and I don't need folks at work wondering what I'm doing even on my own time. Until Discord catches up with every single other voice / video conferencing system, I limit where I use it:
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    Honestly, there are never too many...unless you're the Highlander. Then there can be only one.
  • PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    I have ten playable aliens in my head game, if I used MCCC to make one of each in my other games I guess I would never notice them
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,641 Member
    This is just 😆! I think you just need to create a bunch of alien hunters and go after them! On the serious side, MCCC can “humanize” Sims. Would that work on aliens? I’ve never used it, so I don’t know.
    cyncie wrote: »
    This is just 😆! I think you just need to create a bunch of alien hunters and go after them! On the serious side, MCCC can “humanize” Sims. Would that work on aliens? I’ve never used it, so I don’t know.

Yep.

Just humanized 8 of them and 2 vampires.

Is there a 'cheat code' to teleport a sim to you? You can do this with MCCC but it requires scrolling through 600+ sims that are not sorted alphabetically so... it's painful to find them even though I know their names.

If I could just type into the cheat console something like 'Teleport Sam Sim'... this would be so much easier. ;)

• WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    edited October 2021
    Didn't MCCC have the option to summon by name? Or was that an old version and it doesn't have it anymore?

ETA: Just looked, and it does still have that option.
    edited October 2021
    ETA: Just looked, and it does still have that option.

Oh... where is that?

Looking now. Hopefully I can find it.

Nope...

I only see options to scroll through a massive list of icons that are not sorted.

MCCC -> Sim Commands -> Teleport Commands ->

Teleport Lot Sim To This Sim
    Teleport Worldt Sim To This Sim
    Teleport This Sim To World Sim

- All three of these just open up a screen like:

kbh7ZCy.png

If there is an option SOMEWHERE to do this by name, PLEASE tell me where to find it?

Even searching their website, all it shows is the above picker options.