Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Banned from Nraas Site?

I noticed yesterday that my Nraas mods were missing options when I went to change them so tried to go on the the site to redownload them. But when I click on it, it gives a message that says:

Forbidden
You have been banned from this site. This is either due to breaking rules, server abuse, using severely old browser versions or suspected botting activity.

If you believe this to be an error, please email chainreaction AT nraas(DOT)net with your IP address, and browser type and version. This information can be found at (gives a link that I won't post here in case it is a fake link)

I haven't been on the site in months and don't even have an account to break the rules with. I just download the mods I want and keep going. I haven't sent any information as it seems kinda sketchy but does anyone know how I get access to the site again?
Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn

Comments

• TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,717 Member
    edited October 2021
    Well, Chain Reaction is certainly the admin of nraas.net, so at least that part of the message looks totally legit. I know that the site has a few automatic checks against certain nuisances, like spammers or ddos attacks. Personally, I know not to click several links too quickly.
    Can you post in the Chatterbox?

Other than that, the message you showed us tells you how to get access to the site again. If in doubt, carefully check the link (not what is written but what shows when your mouse hovers over it).

Edit: There's also the contact form directly on the site, which is always a safe way to do things:
    https://www.nraas.net/community/contactadmin/
  • Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    Well, it does say old browsers are affected.

What browser are you using and it is fully updated?
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    The OP cannot post in Chatterbox if they do not have a user account in the first place, and they cannot use the site's contact form if they are being banned by IP address as the site won't let them in to see anything other than the ban message. I would also like to know which browser and which version they are using as this is probably some sort of false positive on our site's security system.

There is nothing sketchy about Chain or his kind offer to accept emails about the site's security system when it acts up. I mean, I've never met the fellow in person but yeah he's only been our lead developer for over seven years now and he is the webmaster of our current site so I'm sure he would like to help sort this out in any way he can. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    Thank you for replying. I am on the latest version of chrome.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
    Taking the issue into PMs. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Commander_RialCommander_Rial Posts: 1 New Member
    > @igazor said:
    > Taking the issue into PMs. :)

Hi, I'm having this same issue. I can't even remember the last time I was on the site or even if I have an account, but I'm getting the same message. I thought at first it had to do with my VPN but I disabled that and I'm still getting the same message. Same as OP, using the latest version of Chrome.
    edited January 2022
    @Commander_Rial - Sorry to hear that. Sometimes valid users' IP addresses get caught up in the ranges our system has had to block to keep the site free of exploits, spambots, and other pests. Have you tried using the contact form to get in touch with Chain, our lead developer and webmaster, or does that not appear for you either? He's the one who can fix this for you and anyone else in your range of IPs who might be getting blocked for no reason.

If you're still stuck, I will open up a PM discussion with you here to get the IPs you are trying to use that are being blocked to see what we can do. Just let me know.

It's also the case that some countries block us (not us specifically but anything having to do with sims games and mods) by order of their government. There isn't anything we can do about that except suggest trying a different VPN to connect.
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!