Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

House with Free Building , Why or How and Marriage Couple Relationship Decayed badly and Kids

I have complained about many things about my game over the years on the EA forum and often feel staff is in the game working on it or testing online play who know at this point. Here is another thing I noticed when I returning back to a household to give them a bigger house that I build and downloaded it from my gallery for them. I often use this house for large families when I don't feel like building, it's a house I grew up in when I was kid and it have a lot of room for a big family. Both couples relationship decayed badly over a short time to the point no love between them and also relationship between their teen sons who seem spawn at different location I'm at often which I found strange also. This is one of the reasons I play my game offline now and playing off the internet today because I feel staff is in the game just how I feel and I've felt like this for the past two years now. One thing that stood out to me was the fact this house was on free build and I've seen this before only when you are building on a lot when there is no sims staying in the house or community lots for them to go. Their babies was in the house but the parents and teens couldn't get in after I finished redoing two of the bedrooms one for the babies I was turning into toddlers and the other one for teens, finally I had to move them to a different lot and place the same house down in that lot and didn't have a issue at all with putting them in the house , I returned back to that lot off the internet moved a different sim into that lot and didn't have a issue.

simshouseunlimitedfundstrange.png?width=960&height=720&fit=bounds

screenshot after I moved at sim to that same house and placing the same house on that lot , no issue and it's not on free build.

Sims2Myhouse.png?width=960&height=720&fit=bounds
new.png

Comments

• Options
    BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 955 Member
    I have only seen free build in unoccupied lots and community lots.

For households, I use two cheat codes. First, I note the funds of the household. Then I use motherlode for paying the changes to the lot. When I am done, I use money to give the household the funds it had before the changes.
  • Options
    misty4mmisty4m Posts: 2,266 Member
    I have only seen free build in unoccupied lots and community lots.

For households, I use two cheat codes. First, I note the funds of the household. Then I use motherlode for paying the changes to the lot. When I am done, I use money to give the household the funds it had before the changes.

sorry I haven't replied I don't come on the forum here that much, but I found it strange when I was playing the sims 4 game, I stopped playing it because of the all the bugs and other issues that happen in the game that make be think something else if happening with the game. It was nothing I could do with that family or the house. I had to delete them because the parents couldn't even care for their babies.
    new.png
  • Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    If you are playing a household, then build somewhere else and save the game, you can go back to that household to find them in different activities than you left them. That’s normal loading behavior. And if any time has passed while you were gone (like having another household active), your sims may have traveled to different lots. This is the game playing itself, not someone hacking in to play your game.

I’m not sure about the other stuff, especially why the babies couldn’t be cared for. It could have been a number of things. There’s an issue sometimes where my sims will get stuck in bathrooms, for example.
  • Options
    babajayne wrote: »
    If you are playing a household, then build somewhere else and save the game, you can go back to that household to find them in different activities than you left them. That’s normal loading behavior. And if any time has passed while you were gone (like having another household active), your sims may have traveled to different lots. This is the game playing itself, not someone hacking in to play your game.

I’m not sure about the other stuff, especially why the babies couldn’t be cared for. It could have been a number of things. There’s an issue sometimes where my sims will get stuck in bathrooms, for example.

When I went back to the house the family couldn't enter their house and I couldn't also, the only activities they could do was stand in front of the house and talk to their teen kids or spouses while the newborn babies in the house was crying. I couldn't move anything, and part of the house was unviewable. The couple relationship decayed was worser then my other sim families I've played for a lot time, it seems like I had left them to play by their self for months in the game and that was strange because they only been in that house for a week. I kept seeing one of the teens everywhere and then after a while the other teen from the household was out all night like the other teen. I build that house on a different lot and didn't have any issues like I normally don't but this time something wasn't right, but for some strange reason on that lot when I returned there was issue
    I could see if I had cc's in that game but I didn't.
    new.png
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    edited March 2022
    Have you tried to repair your game? Also do you use mods? If so, you may have a mod that needs to be updated. If not, I would simply do a game repair, or even a Game Folder Refresh. If you do the Refresh method, go online and save your family to My Library, in the Gallery. They will lose any friends outside of the household. If they have skills those should remain. Save, and then exit your game. While off do the following:

If you have Windows, select Documents>Electronic Arts> Rename the current Sims 4 folder to add _Old or you can drag it onto your Desk Top. Start the game. The folder will regenerate. Play it a bit and if it seems free of problems. Exit and then you can drag your saves, tray folders to replace the ones in the new game folder. If that fails to fix the problem, grab your family from the Gallery and place them anew in your game.

Best of luck. I hope this helps!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Have you tried to repair your game? Also do you use mods? If so, you may have a mod that needs to be updated. If not, I would simply do a game repair, or even a Game Folder Refresh. If you do the Refresh method, go online and save your family to My Library, in the Gallery. They will lose any friends outside of the household. If they have skills those should remain. Save, and then exit your game. While off do the following:

If you have Windows, select Documents>Electronic Arts> Rename the current Sims 4 folder to add _Old or you can drag it onto your Desk Top. Start the game. The folder will regenerate. Play it a bit and if it seems free of problems. Exit and then you can drag your saves, tray folders to replace the ones in the new game folder. If that fails to fix the problem, grab your family from the Gallery and place them anew in your game.

Best of luck. I hope this helps!

Thank you for your advice.

This issue happened without me having mods in my game and I uploaded them to the gallery little bit before I deleted them from my game after the issue. I'm familiar with relationship are lost once you upload your sims to the gallery and download then back into the game. But with this household I didn't do that, their relationship got lost on its own without me downloading them from the gallery. The main game wasn't havening issue it was just this main household so there wasn't a reason for me to do a repair or refresh with my game because once I removed the house from that area and placed it somewhere else I didn't have that issue, for some reason that lot was a issue or the sims. I haven't played the sims 4 in a while almost 5 months because of other issues I've come across.
    Post edited by misty4m on
    new.png