Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Happy Simsmas 2021 Gift Exchange ~ Closed

ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
edited February 13 in Nominated Threads
goodcheer2019.jpg

Holidays are wonderful times of the year.
People have fun and spread good cheer!

Our holiday season was definitely a different one last year and people found ways to stay connected while homebound. This year, the mood is brighter as people are able to do more outside the home and see loved ones.

We’re continuing to stay connected within Our Community, whether homebound or less restricted, as virtual friends gather from one screen to another, sharing our love of all things Sims.

Whether posting positive notes on player walls or sending cute links to images and gifs, Simmers stay in touch and spread good cheer.

Another way to spread good cheer is by participating in a Sims 3 gift exchange!

Interested? SIMtastic!!!
Please read on …

This is a SECRET EXCHANGE.
Please do not reveal your Buddy before the gifting period opens.

Certain communication will only be done via private messages so each Buddy will need to check their Inbox on a regular basis.

For those returning, welcome back! Please note that the section titled Hello, Buddy! under Rules (3rd post) has a new addition.

Checklist:
Be a Buddy! Use the Buddy Form Letter found in the 4th post.
Chat & ask generic questions in the thread.
For specific questions concerning gifts & such, send me a PM.
Follow the Rules (3rd post) & note the Important Dates (2nd post).
During gifting time, compliment & click the “Recommend It” button.
Above all, Have FUN!!!

BIG Hugs!
Addy

Index:
Important Dates
Rules
Buddy Letter Form
Buddy Letters
Buddy Gifts will be revealed come Gifting Time!
Frequently Asked Questions
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    Post 2:
    Important Dates
    Please add to your calendar!!!

Late Buddy Letters will not be accepted!

Buddy Names: Each Buddy name will be sent via private message and should arrive by 10 pm (EST) on Wednesday, November 3.

ALL check-ins need to be done via the thread.
    Do not send a private message or post on my Sims 3 My Page wall.

Check-in ONE: Before or by the end of Saturday, November 6.
    This lets me know you received your Buddy name.
    If you haven’t received a name and need it re-sent, please let me know ASAP!

Check-in TWO: Before or by the end of Sunday, November 14.
    This is just a general check-in to let me know that you’re doing okay.

If you need help with anything or foresee any problems, be sure to ask or mention this! General questions should be asked in the thread, but Buddy specific ones must be sent to me via private message.

Check-in THREE: Before or by the end of Sunday, November 28.
    Your gift should be almost ready to go at this time.

VERY Important!!!: If you miss one of the above check-ins without letting me know beforehand, you will receive a private message. If you do not respond by the date listed in the private message, you will be eliminated from this gift exchange and won’t receive a gift. The person who had you will be asked if they would like to gift the Buddy you were assigned. The only exception against elimination is letting me know ahead of time that you will miss a deadline.

GIFTING Time: Sunday, December 5 through Saturday, December 11.
    If you are unable to gift during this time, let me know ASAP!
    Post 3:
    Rules

Remember, this is a Sims 3 only gift exchange ~ NO Sims 4 gifts allowed.

The rules are categorized in the hopes that they’ll be easier to read.
    Be sure to check each spoiler tag!

REQUIREMENT to join: Be able to upload to your studio.
    If you haven’t uploaded anything within the last 3 months, now is a good time to check and ensure that you can. Create a simple sim and/or build a basic house then upload for testing purposes.

Hello, Buddy!
    If you signed up for a previous gift exchange and didn’t give a homemade gift, you will not be paired up in this exchange. Sorry, no exceptions!

B1. Join by posting a letter (see post 4 for the form letter that must be used!).

B2. If you get a new store item or pack, please edit your Buddy letter AND post in the thread that changes were made.

B3. Keep your Buddy Name a secret once you receive your name via private message.

B4. Remember to check in on the check-in dates! Checking in early is fine.

B5. Regularly check this forum thread.

B6. Asking a question if fine. Copping an attitude is not.
    Rude or mean behavior will not be tolerated. If seen, I will remove you at my discretion.

B7. Thanking your Buddy in the thread, great! Getting to know them after the event, fantastic – we’re here to make new friends!. Contacting them via pm to criticize or complain about any aspect of the event is NEVER okay. And yes, this happened during the last gift exchange. This saddens and angers me. If there is an issue with your Buddy, contact ME not them.

B8.. If something comes up (ex: personal, computer problems, etc.), please let me know ASAP via PM so arrangements can be made for your Buddy.

Make Gifts!
    M1. NO custom content is allowed. All gifts will be custard checked, no exceptions.
    Please refer to the FAQs post on how to start a clean, no CC game.

M2. You must make at least one homemade gift for your Buddy.
    This is not something that is bought from the Sims 3 store.

M3. Gift Guideline:
    *If making one gift, BUILD something for your Buddy.
    *If making more than one (not required!), one gift must be a build, but the rest can be additional builds and/or sims and/or pets.
    *If making more than one gift (again, not required!), please look at rule G5.

M4. Buddy Letters are suggestions and not a checklist of what will be gifted (or received!) during gifting time.

Gifting Time!
    G1. You must gift and be gifted.

G2. When a gift is being given, post a message in the thread.
    This message must include:
    Your Buddy’s name
    Gift number (very helpful to Buddy & host!)
    Link to the studio upload
    Screenshots showing off the gift.

G3. In the gift message, it’s best to put more than 5 screenshots inside a spoiler tag to prevent page jumping as pictures load and help with page loading times.

The way it works looks like this:
    [ spoiler ] pictures and accompanying text go here [ /spoiler ]
    Remember to remove the spaces before and after each bracket!

G4. To keep things cozy, gifts will be given in this thread. Please do not make a separate gifting thread for your Buddy.

G5. Gifting lots of gifts might be nice, but it can be overwhelming to both Buddy and the person doing the custard-checking. Spread out your gifting fun because a few makes an impact, but a pile causes chaos & confusion for all concerned!!
    Example: House ~ Sim ~ Sim w/House (good!)
    House ~ Spa ~ Park (not good!)

G6. If you download or add a gift to your favorites list, please ‘Recommend It’.

G7. Everybody loves compliments!
    Gifts take time & effort so be sure to let Buddies know what caught your eye.
    Post 4:
    Buddy Letter

1. MUST use this form!
    It’s a guide to give your Buddy as much information as possible. Include any additional info you think would help them get to know your way of playing the game.

2. The more details, the better!!!

3. Your Sims 3 My Page helps me when Buddy pairings are being made, especially if I don’t know you very well. If you’d rather not put your link in the letter, please send me a PM with this information. Also … if your page is set to private, you need to send me a friend request or make your page public for the duration of the gift exchange.

4. Remember, this is a guide and not a step-by-step wishlist.
    You might or might not get something that is mentioned here.

As always, your Buddy is looking forward to creating something truly unique for you!

Buddy Letter form:

Username:

Link to your Sims 3 My Page: (read no. 3 listed above!)

I have installed the following Expansion Packs:

I have installed the following Stuff Packs:

I own the following Store Content:

I own the following EA-made Worlds:

Some of my favorite colors are:

I really don’t like this color:

I love to use items from this set:

I prefer to play in this EA-made World:

I enjoy playing in this custom world (please include link):

I enjoy this style of build the most: (Examples: Craftsman, Victorian, Modern)

I really don’t want this in my game:

I would or would not like lots in the following sizes: (If you’re a fan of tiny lots, then here is a great place to mention that! If larger lots make your game lag while loading them, mention it!)

I want/don’t want berry sims:

I want/don’t want occult sims: (Be sure to specifically list those that you are fine with or mention which ones you don’t want to see in your game!)

I want/don’t want pets in the household: (Like cats more than dogs? Prefer cute puppies to horses? Don’t want any critters? Mention it!)

Do you want your sims and/or pets skilled up for you? If so, how much? (Example: A couple of points, but not maxed out)

Are there certain skills you want skilled because you really like having them ready when you start with a new sim or household? (Example: A few points in Cooking would be nice so sims don’t burn the grilled cheese and can make more than a mean bowl of cereal!)

Are there particular skill items that you really like having in a build? (Example: I love having sims that can cook, garden, paint and write so having those skilling objects would be awe-sim!)

How do your sims travel around town? Taxi ... vehicle ... bicycle/scooter ... horse ... broom? (Mention your preference and whether you want a parking spot or two, garage, bike racks, stable, broom stand. Some sims prefer to put transportation in their inventory, if applicable.)

Other: (Describe here anything that you’d really like that might or might not have been previously mentioned!)

Here would be a good place to mention what you do NOT feel comfortable making. There are Simmers who don’t enjoy occult things … they shouldn’t have to create that for another or receive that type of gift in return. This is just one example off the top of my head and I’m sure there are other preferences I haven’t thought of. If you would rather send a private message to me with your answer, please feel free to do so.

This text is to certify that I have read ALL the posts and will follow the rules for participation as well as pay attention to important dates.
    ~ end of form ~

If you’re having trouble figuring out what to say in your letter, peek at the previous gift exchange for ideas.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/982508/homebound-holiday-gift-exchange-closed/p1

Don’t worry. Have FUN!
    Your Buddy will <3 what you make for them!
    edited November 2021
    Post edited by ADWilson on
    edited December 2021
    Post 6:
    Buddy Gifts

To: BreeMiles

Gifts
    CC-Free o:)

~*~*~*~

To: Charlottekn

Gifts

One more Gift

More Gifts

~*~*~*~

To: GraceyManor

Gift

Gift w/out Tomb

More Gifts

~*~*~*~

To: Hidehi

Gift

~*~*~*~

To: Kesminlix

Gifts

~*~*~*~

To: LMC6255

Gift

~*~*~*~

To: MiaSkywalker

Gift

One More Gift

More Gifts

~*~*~*~

To: Puddinroy

Gifts

~*~*~*~

To: puzzlezaddict

Gift

~*~*~*~

To: seaben

Gifts
    edited December 2021
    Post 7:
    Gift for EVERYONE!

Holiday Renovacy
    Post 8:
    Frequently Asked Questions:

What is a homemade gift exchange?
    Each participant (Buddy) writes a letter mentioning things they would like or not like to have in their game ~ each Buddy then gets paired with another Buddy and secretly makes a gift or gifts for him/her (this can be a build, pet or sim) ~ during gifting time, the Buddies reveal themselves and share their gift for their special someone.

What is a homemade gift?
    Something that is created while in-game and not purchased from the Sims 3 store is a homemade gift. A residential or community lot counts. A sim or pet needs more than simply being created in CAS, they should be taken in-game and given a bit of personality. Giving them a few skill points and/or place things in their personal inventory are just a couple of suggestions you might want to consider.

How do I start a clean, no CC game?
    1 Rename your “The Sims 3” folder to something else. I often use “The Sims 3 old”.
    2 Start the game. Since it can’t find the folder, it will proceed to make a brand new one and that will be have the factory default settings. It doesn’t contain CC, mods or Sims 3 store content.
    3 Exit the game. Your folder will have the new folder labeled “The Sims 3”.
    4 Add whatever Sims 3 store content you’d like to use in the gift for your Buddy.
    5 Unless you’re familiar with mods and whether they create custom content, it might be best to not use them.

MiaSkywalker has suggested another method that removes most of the CC from a game (CC can stick to a .sim file and will be transferrable through the Exchange).

Her method:
    1 Remove or rename the mods folder.
    2 Rename the extension of all .dbc files in the DCCache folder to something else, like XXX.dbc.backup (Note: .ebc is store content and .dbc is CC).

How do I post an image?
    Above the “Leave a Comment” box is a toolbar with formatting options. The one that looks like a picture is used to post an image. Move your mouse cursor over it and the message shows “Image”. Click on it and paste or type your image link location in the box. Image should be seen when “Preview” button is pressed.

An alternate method also works (thanks go to @ciane for reminding me about this!). You manually type [ i m g ] paste-your-link-here [ / i m g ] without the spaces inside the brackets.

To make the image clickable: You manually type [ u r l = paste-your-url-link-here ][ i m g ] paste-your-image-link-here[ / i m g ][ / u r l ] without the spaces inside the brackets.

How do I post a link?
    Above the “Leave a Comment” box is a toolbar with formatting options. The one that looks like two interlocking chains in a link is used to post a link. Move your mouse cursor over it and the message shows “Url”. Click on it and paste or type your url location in the box (TIP: remember to remove the text that automatically appears before entering your information!). Press the “ok” button. Link should be seen when “Preview” button is pressed.

An alternate method also works. You manually type [ u r l ] paste-your-link-here [ / u r l ] without the spaces inside the brackets.

If you want the link title to be other than the link address, type in your changes to the wording that is located before [ / u r l ] without the spaces inside the brackets.

If typing this manually, it would look similar to this: [ u r l = paste-your-link-here] type-whatever-you’d like-the-link-to-be-called[ / u r l ] without the spaces inside the brackets.

Is CAP custom content?
    Looking over previous gift exchanges, this little nugget was discovered. TnT_Terry wrote, “CAP is NOT considered CC at all (it's an EA/Sims 3 program), but will definitely show separately in custard. Most importantly, when using patterns on any lot/sim/object it is always best to link to every pattern used because they don't always transfer with upload.”

However, please note that there are Buddies who don’t want anything that shows up separately in custard so it is probably best not to include them.
    edited October 2021
    And we're up & running!
    Looking forward to seeing YOUR Buddy Letter soon :)
  • seabenseaben Posts: 631 Member
    Yay :)
    my sims 3 shell challenges https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/974534/the-sims-3-shell-challenge-corner-challenge-4-due-july-31th/p1 or check out my sims blog https://seabensims.wordpress.com/ my Wishlist is seaben06 on the sims 3 store and my oid is also seaben06
  • SamelaRitaSamelaRita Posts: 1,007 Member
    I won't be signing up for this, as I'm only just getting back into writing a chapter a week for my own story...and there's still quite a backlog of stuff from the sheer chaos of summer not dealt with.
    BUT - I'll do a renovacy as a sort of gift to everyone thing. And I'll have great fun lurking...I'll take some lessons from @AlphaFFrog ;)
    And I hope it goes really well for everyone who is taking part.
    SamelaRita wrote: »
    I won't be signing up for this, as I'm only just getting back into writing a chapter a week for my own story...and there's still quite a backlog of stuff from the sheer chaos of summer not dealt with.
    BUT - I'll do a renovacy as a sort of gift to everyone thing. And I'll have great fun lurking...I'll take some lessons from @AlphaFFrog ;)
    And I hope it goes really well for everyone who is taking part.

While I'm sad that you're not able to be a Buddy at this time, real life and prior commitments come first. Your story is definitely one I look forward to reading & would suggest to others interested in SimLit.

Ooo ... a renovacy gift for everyone is such a thoughtful gift. Thank YOU for offering to do this!

Lurk all you want (@AlphaFFrog can too!) and ... feel free to chat with the others, if so inclined. Your making a group gift makes you an Honorary Buddy. :wink:
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    Woot! A renovacy! What more could I ask for? Looking forward to that @SamelaRita and so very glad your chaos of summer is over. Hoping that you get through the backlog of stuff as easily as you do in your renovacies.

I love the gift exchange and reading the letters and seeing all the presents revealed. I'll definitely pop in a lot.
  • MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    lurking
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
  • suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    Afraid I can't play this time, although I'll certainly look forward to watching along (and probably poaching). I, too, could make a gift for the community at large.
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
    I appreciate lurker interest and offers of community gifts but if there aren't any Buddies participating, there won't be a traditional gift exchange come December. Instead ... this would then become a spot for sharing Community gifts. Gifts without a specific person in mind made by any person who wishes to share their creations with others. These gifts need to be CC-Free and will be custard checked.

Either "event" sounds fun and we'll know more regarding which one as we get closer to November 2nd.
  • BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,903 Member
    edited October 2021
    Hey to all you lurkers, I hope all is well but what we need is buddies to join in Addy's wonderful gift exchange!! Let's support and honor our friends in the spirit of community!

Buddy Letter

Buddy Letter form:

Username: BreeMiles

Link to your Sims 3 My Page: (read no. 3 listed above!) https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/BreeMiles

I have installed the following Expansion Packs: All

I have installed the following Stuff Packs: All

I own the following Store Content: NONE

I own the following EA-made Worlds: All that comes without store content

Some of my favorite colors are: Creams, browns, white, I love all colors though

I really don’t like this color: NONE

I love to use items from this set: ANY

I prefer to play in this EA-made World: ANY

I enjoy this style of build the most: (Examples: Craftsman, Victorian, Modern) All Styles

I really don’t want this in my game: Store Content

I would or would not like lots in the following sizes: (If you’re a fan of tiny lots, then here is a great place to mention that! If larger lots make your game lag while loading them, mention it!) No bigger than a 30x30 I like residential lots for my sims!

I want/don’t want berry sims: Don't mind

I want/don’t want occult sims: (Be sure to specifically list those that you are fine with or mention which ones you don’t want to see in your game!) Vampires are off my list. Not a fan

I want/don’t want pets in the household: (Like cats more than dogs? Prefer cute puppies to horses? Don’t want any critters? Mention it!) Cat or Dog or both it doesn't matter, I like the small pets better!

Do you want your sims and/or pets skilled up for you? If so, how much? (Example: A couple of points, but not maxed out) No, I like skilling them up myself

Are there certain skills you want skilled because you really like having them ready when you start with a new sim or household? (Example: A few points in Cooking would be nice so sims don’t burn the grilled cheese and can make more than a mean bowl of cereal!) No skills are fine

Are there particular skill items that you really like having in a build? (Example: I love having sims that can cook, garden, paint and write so having those skilling objects would be awe-sim!) I love gardening in sims 3

How do your sims travel around town? Taxi ... vehicle ... bicycle/scooter ... horse ... broom? (Mention your preference and whether you want a parking spot or two, garage, bike racks, stable, broom stand. Some sims prefer to put transportation in their inventory, if applicable.) Every way possible

Other: (Describe here anything that you’d really like that might or might not have been previously mentioned!) I think I would like anything my buddy would like to make and gift.. Have fun and enjoy is all I ask..

Here would be a good place to mention what you do NOT feel comfortable making. There are Simmers who don’t enjoy occult things … they shouldn’t have to create that for another or receive that type of gift in return. This is just one example off the top of my head and I’m sure there are other preferences I haven’t thought of. If you would rather send a private message to me with your answer, please feel free to do so.

This text is to certify that I have read ALL the posts and will follow the rules for participation as well as pay attention to important dates.
    ~ end of form ~
    Post edited by BreeMiles on
  • BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,903 Member
    Here are some cheers to getting my Sims 3 back up and running again!
    be4e1b98-77d6-4c5c-89b8-521d447fd72a_cheers-1441112168yvl.jpg
  • CharlotteknCharlottekn Posts: 544 Member
    edited October 2021
    YAY!

Username: charlottekn

Link to your Sims 3 My Page: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Charlottekn

I have installed the following Expansion Packs: All of them

I have installed the following Stuff Packs: Movie stuff, OL, 70s, 80s, 90s, HELS, Town life, Master Suite

I own the following Store Content: All the sets, not the Dr. Pepper/JCP stuff

I own the following EA-made Worlds: All of them except Aurora Gold (I have it separately, not sure if that makes a difference)

Some of my favorite colors are: Purple, eggplant, black, dark blues and greens, cream, ivory, purpley grays, wood tones, bright pink or turquoise colors (in small doses!)

I really don’t like this color: Yellow, orange

I love to use items from this set: Storybook, Gothique, All the farm stuff, Nautical, Bohemian Garden, Bayside, Stone's Throw Greenhouse

I prefer to play in this EA-made World: I really don't, but Appaloosa Plains looks the best to me, Dragon Valley, Hidden Springs, and Sunlit Tides are all very nice as well.

Storybrook County, Anne Arbor, Simmeapolis http://www.mysimrealty.com/

Caldy Isle https://thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8824197

I enjoy this style of build the most:

New England styles. Also cottages in general, old English/Scottish rural homes, houseboats, and homes converted from other kinds of buildings. I love smaller houses that look a bit haunted or spooky, but not over the top. I've been playing in apartments a lot lately as well and I would love to see a house style from my buddy's geographic area, if they want. I always place washer/dryers & the windchimes.

I would also love a public lot - parks, fishing spots, graveyards, seaside bistros, or tiny shops? A cool vacation home for WA worlds? I'm open.

I really don’t want this in my game: Overly modern/sleek styles, heavy vampire or heavy metal gothic styles, expensive McMansions. Evil or mean sims. Pools in house lots. Bars or dance clubs/Showtime lots.

I would or would not like lots in the following sizes: Many of my current empty lots are 20x30. I have a couple 50x 50 & 60x60 spaces though.

I want/don’t want berry sims: No thanks

I want/don’t want occult sims: I often play a very casual kitchen witch, but I haven't been too interested in the others. Definitely no vampires or aliens. Ghosts (on my lots or as sims) are welcome. Maybe on the others, if it's fun and not high drama.

I want/don’t want pets in the household: I love pets. I love the birds and rodents as well. Surprise me.

Do you want your sims and/or pets skilled up for you? If so, how much? It's not important, but if it's roleplay, go for it.

Are there certain skills you want skilled because you really like having them ready when you start with a new sim or household? No, I let them choose skills.

Are there particular skill items that you really like having in a build? Gardening space, bookcases, painting space.

How do your sims travel around town? Bicycle or broom, maybe horse. I tend to play cities or very rural.

Other: I don't generally play lots of children (maybe 1 at a time, sometimes blended families, often just a single sim). Some new sims with a fun background story (future sims or foreign ones, kleptos with a heart of gold, sims with a mysterious past) to add to my town would be fun though. I like sims based on book or tv characters, if you feel like making your favorite (Just not, like, Dexter or Hannibal Lector or the like, please!).

Any human skin tone, size, or appearance is cool.

I'm not an advanced builder and will definitely be looking at floor plans as I go and not using CFE or anything. I like renovating EA lots. I don't get berry sims and probably can't do them justice. I'd love to build/make things I really never do. I love enabling someone's RP.

~ end of form ~
    Post edited by Charlottekn on
    How lovely it is to see Buddy Letters! <3

Welcome back @BreeMiles and @Charlottekn !!
    {hugs}
  • PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    @ADWilson: I'm joining in a little while. Have things to do today!
    :) Smile!

• LMC6255LMC6255 Posts: 940 Member
    Username: LMC6254

Link to your Sims 3 My Page: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/LMC6254

Uploaded a Sim (Theresa Anderson) it works !!

I have installed the following Expansion Packs: ALL, except Supernatural

I have installed the following Stuff Packs: ALL

I own the following store content: Even though I own the store due to performance problems I haven't been able to install many store Items this time.. :( I have all the venues installed (I do not own the Golden Ticket Toy Store) and the following sets installed: Fabulous Fiesta, Edwardian Expression Kitchen, Surf's up Fun and Sun, It's Game Time, I Heart the Fifties, Itadakimasu, Japanese Inspired Dining, Country Living, Brunch at the Old Mill, Steam Punk the Return and Kitchen, Isla Villa, Sandy Shoals Sea Shanty, Provence, Full Bayside Set, Club Vaindenburger complete set, and Loads of Laundry.. I have other items and sets installed, but there are too many to list, so please PM Addy if you have any questions regarding store content you want to use and I will be happy to install it..

I own the following EA-made Worlds: ALL

Some of my favorite colors are: I like all colors, I feel, color appeal depends on how it fits with the color scheme and style of the build and how it effects the overall aesthetic...

I really don’t like this color: None, unless the colors are badly matched.. However, If colors don't match on purpose for creative reasons, go ahead, I love builds done with an artistic flair! So please be creative and have fun!!

I love to use items from this set: I use items from all sets depending on what I am creating and how it looks within the overall town's scenic style where the built is placed..

I prefer to play in this EA-made World: Hidden Springs, Sunset Valley, and Aurora Skies.. I am thinking of trying out Lunar Lakes..

I enjoy playing in this custom world (please include link) It varies.. I haven't played in a custom world for a while..

I enjoy this style of build the most: (Examples: Craftsman, Victorian, Modern) It depends on which surroundings the build is in.. I have found builds I adore in every style, choose whatever style you are best at building and is fun for you!! :) I know I will love it!! <3

I really don’t want this in my game: I don't like having to control a very large households! No CC please!

I would or would not like lots in the following sizes: I prefer smaller lots, nothing larger than a 30 x 30 if it is a residential lot.. However, if the lot needs to be bigger because it is a special type of commercial lot, then go ahead and use whatever lot size you need...

I want/don’t want berry sims: It is up to you buddy if you want to add berry sims, if you choose to, please just make the berry sim simply colorful, and human looking, (no plant people please)..

I want/don’t want occult sims: No occult sims of any type please! I prefer a realistic style of gameplay..

I want/don’t want pets in the household: Dear Buddy, It is up to you weather or not you want to add any pets.. However, I would be very grateful if they are low maintenance pets.. I do well with birds, fish or other small animals, dogs with the neat and non destructive trait, if it's cats, please make them in pairs, they keep each other company. Please make sure they have all the pet essentials they require (pet-bed, scratching pole, litter box, etc.)... No horses, please, they require a lot of attention. :#

Do you want your sims and/or pets skilled up for you? If so, how much? No need to skill up Sims or pets..

Are there certain skills you want skilled because you really like having them ready when you start with a new sim or household? This up to you, Buddy, although, I would be very grateful if new sims had a few skill points in cooking so they don't burn down the kitchen and a few handiness skill points would be very useful!!

Are there particular skill items that you really like having in a build? It would be great if they had a kitchen with fairly good quality stove and fire alarm, also a computer and a bookshelf with some books for skill enhancement would be really helpful!

How do your sims travel around town? Taxi ... vehicle ... bicycle/scooter ... horse ... broom? It depends on the lot, and the accommodations for vehicles.. I am happy with any mode of transportation.. I usually use either cars, scooter, motorcycles or bikes...

Other: Dear Buddy, It is my hope that you have a wonderful time during the gift exchange, and that you create something that you enjoy building! I know that I will be delighted with what you come up with! I want you to know that I appreciate the time and effort you have put into making this gift!
    P.S. I consulted Addy if you need to pm her regarding any store content you wish to use that I haven't listed..

Here would be a good place to mention what you do NOT feel comfortable making. There are Simmers who don’t enjoy occult things … they shouldn’t have to create that for another or receive that type of gift in return. This is just one example off the top of my head and I’m sure there are others I haven’t thought of. If you would prefer to send a private message to me with your answer, please feel free to do so.

~ end of form ~

edited October 2021
    Hi @Puddinroy! {waves}

Welcome back @LMC6255!
    {hugs}
  • soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,260 Member

Great to see you have some buddy letters. Unfortunately I can’t commit at this point, but I too will lurk and hopefully contribute a group gift. 🌸
  • LMC6255LMC6255 Posts: 940 Member
    Hello!! :) It's nice to be back, Christmas gift exchanges are so much fun!!
  • PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    Buddy Letter form:

Username: Puddinroy

Link to your Sims 3 My Page:https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Puddinroy (read no. 3 listed above!)

I have installed the following Expansion Packs:ALL

I have installed the following Stuff Packs:ALL, BUT FAST LANE

I own the following Store Content:Too much to remember

I own the following EA-made Worlds:LUNAR LAKES, RIVERVIEW, HIDDEN SPRINGS, DRAGON VALLEY, AURORA SKIES, SUNLIT TIDES, BARNCABLE BAY, MONTE VISA, ALL THE ONES FROM THE EXPANSION PACKS.

Some of my favorite colors are:NEON ORANGE, NEON GREEN, NEON PURPLE, NEON YELLOW, BLUE, RED.

I really don’t like this color:NO PINK PLEASE

I love to use items from this set:ANY

I prefer to play in this EA-made World:LUNAR LAKES

I enjoy playing in this custom world (please include link):https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Rflong7
    ANY OF THEIR WORLDS.

I enjoy this style of build the most: (Examples: Craftsman, Victorian, Modern)FAIRYTALES, ALIENS-UFOS.

I really don’t want this in my game:NOTHING I CAN THINK OF

I would or would not like lots in the following sizes: (If you’re a fan of tiny lots, then here is a great place to mention that! If larger lots make your game lag while loading them, mention it!)DOESN'T MATTER.

I want/don’t want berry sims:YES, MAKE THEM HOW YOU LIKE.

I want/don’t want occult sims: (Be sure to specifically list those that you are fine with or mention which ones you don’t want to see in your game!)YES, I HAVE PLAYED WITH A VAMPIRE FOR AWHILE, SO THAT WOULD BE NICE. ANY OF THEM TO BE FAIR.

I want/don’t want pets in the household: (Like cats more than dogs? Prefer cute puppies to horses? Don’t want any critters? Mention it!)
    YES, I'M A DOG AND BIRD PERSON. MAKE THE DOGS AS COLORFUL AS YOU WANT.
    Do you want your sims and/or pets skilled up for you? If so, how much? (Example: A couple of points, but not maxed out)YES, BUT NOT MAXED OUT.

Are there certain skills you want skilled because you really like having them ready when you start with a new sim or household? (Example: A few points in Cooking would be nice so sims don’t burn the grilled cheese and can make more than a mean bowl of cereal!)COOKING AND HANDY.

Are there particular skill items that you really like having in a build? (Example: I love having sims that can cook, garden, paint and write so having those skilling objects would be awe-sim!)LOGIC, COLLECTING, GARDENING

How do your sims travel around town? Taxi ... vehicle ... bicycle/scooter ... horse ... broom? (Mention your preference and whether you want a parking spot or two, garage, bike racks, stable, broom stand. Some sims prefer to put transportation in their inventory, if applicable.)MOST OF THE TIME, THEY TAKE THE TAXI. A HORSE WOULD BE NEAT.

Other: (Describe here anything that you’d really like that might or might not have been previously mentioned!)I REALLY ENJOY GETTING MY MALE SIMS ABDUCTED BY ALIENS. ALSO JUST HAVE FUN!

~ end of form ~

If you’re having trouble figuring out what to say in your letter, peek at the previous gift exchange for ideas.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/982508/homebound-holiday-gift-exchange-closed/p1

Don’t worry. Have FUN!
    Your Buddy will <3 what you make for them!
    :) Smile!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top