Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Every lot comes up with MOO

Since they updated the game to automatically turn on MOO when placing lots that used it, I've noticed that every lot I place claims it was used. I've placed lots that I know for sure I built without using the cheat, and yet when I placed them it turned the cheat on, claiming it was used. Is anyone else noticing this?
Gallery ID: LadyGray01

Comments

• Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    Yes, I've noticed it for awhile now, it happens on every lot you try to place. Even if you just draw out a box and save it as a lot and then place it back from your library, it still pops up it was built with MOO, even when I know it wasn't because I hadn't typed in that cheat nor did I have any mods in my folder to automatically turn them on.

It's annoying!
  • SablesashaSablesasha Posts: 417 Member
    Same here, glitch?
  • RepoRepo Posts: 344 Member
    I'm having the same issue at least some of the time. I found that some of my older lots where I had used ALT to place things and used resize objects I got the MOO warning even though I hadn't used MOO. I'm also getting MOO warnings on some new builds and I can't figure out why. I took out all mods, cleared the cache etc, and I still had one build the I redid exactly the same on four different lots, one with base game only, and I still got the warning. The house I built after it was fine (and I tested every so often to make sure). I never build with MOO. I don't hate it, but I distrust it and anything that I build always goes into my library with out MOO that way I always have a clean copy of everything I build and I have less fear with issues that come with patches. If I use one of my lots for playing, then I will use MOO if I feel like it/need to.

Whats really sad is that I generally like the MOO warning. Too many creators use it and don't say so in their description and then you download a lot that is an over loaded, malfunctioning, not playtested mess. I do appreciate creators who tell you that they used MOO. Even more if the lot is playtested.
  • Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Every lot I place gets a moo warning. Even Maxis built base game lots. I can place a lot with one wall built and it still gives that warning. It isn't just a glitch in my game. It's a total failure.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited September 2021
    While it might irritate some, it doesn't sound like it's breaking games. Either turn it off again, or exit the game and come back as MOO will turn itself off.

I mean yeah, report it. But seriously, I think there's a lot worse things wrong with the game than an auto-MOO.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,094 Member
    edited September 2021
    It's definitely not game breaking, I can easily turn it off. It bothers me because a lot of players on the forums have specifically said they don't want lots where it was used, so I don't want people downloading mine, thinking I used it and just deleting them. But if pretty much everyone is seeing this, then it's more likely people will just ignore it.
    Post edited by lisamwitt on
  • Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,183 Member
    I have always turned on MOO when placing lots because not everyone put the warning that they have used it. It's like my security blanket but I still get this message. It started after I updated with the 10th patch of this month but I haven't been playing since last spring and I know I didn't have it then. I really just started playing this month again. I have to say this message freaked me out first time I saw it. I thought I hadn't turned it on or the game was shutting down MOO as soon as I opened the gallery but when I took alook at the building I put down I saw nothing missing or something wrong that I could detect.
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,094 Member
    I limited my use of the cheat to necessity, like when curtains couldn't go on angled walls after an update. But they've fixed that. I won't download lots that use it a lot, and if I do download a lot that used it in just a few places, I will go through and delete those items.

In Sims 2 it could really mess up your game, so I've just never gotten into using it or trusting it to work okay.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    While it might irritate some, it doesn't sound like it's breaking games. Either turn it off again, or exit the game and come back as MOO will turn itself off.

I mean yeah, report it. But seriously, I think there's a lot worse things wrong with the game than an auto-MOO.

But that's exactly the point! Why are there problems with the game? Because somebody, somewhere might just be doing a half-ars--ed job.
    Which brings us to this MOO notification: it's not a glitch! It is in-fact an auto-MOO notification that is not written as an auto-MOO notification.

It is annoying and I agree with OP.

I'm one of those folks who does not like downloading stuff built with MOO, because more often than not it ends up in a utter routing disaster. I don't upload stuff built with MOO either and I specifically mention it in my lot descriptions. But why oh why did I bother, because going through all that effort my game tells me that I've been lying about my non-MOO situation.

"Good Day Captain. You used MOO."
    "No I didn't."
    "Yes Captain, you used MOO."
    "No I didn't."
    "Yes Captain, you used MOO."
    "No I didn't."
    "Yes Captain, you....."
    "EFFOFF!!."

Game breaking or not, that's beside the point. The game tells me I'm lying, so everybody thinks I'm lying.
    Sure, I lie about things, but not about MOO.

Here's what caused the confusion:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-Feedback/MOO-Cheat-not-working-when-I-place-lots/m-p/10675059/thread-id/55233

I see if I can find a report that's saying anything about the text not making sense.

• SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,945 Member
    would have never noticed in thousand years cause i literally don't make lots without moo because i always want to move something ever so slightly :sweat_smile:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    I've noticed this too, and it is annoying. I try not to download anything with MOO because of problems I've had in the past, and now everything I try to place in game says it has been built with MOO, even when the creator definitely states "no MOO".
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    Repo wrote: »
    I'm having the same issue at least some of the time. I found that some of my older lots where I had used ALT to place things and used resize objects I got the MOO warning even though I hadn't used MOO. I'm also getting MOO warnings on some new builds and I can't figure out why. I took out all mods, cleared the cache etc, and I still had one build the I redid exactly the same on four different lots, one with base game only, and I still got the warning. The house I built after it was fine (and I tested every so often to make sure). I never build with MOO. I don't hate it, but I distrust it and anything that I build always goes into my library with out MOO that way I always have a clean copy of everything I build and I have less fear with issues that come with patches. If I use one of my lots for playing, then I will use MOO if I feel like it/need to.

Whats really sad is that I generally like the MOO warning. Too many creators use it and don't say so in their description and then you download a lot that is an over loaded, malfunctioning, not playtested mess. I do appreciate creators who tell you that they used MOO. Even more if the lot is playtested.

I rarely share or download anything from the Gallery. I know that all my builds I didn't use MOO or TOOL or resizing or Alt Place has this pop-up and I know I used zero tricks for building the build in my library. I also playtest everything I build to make sure I can use it in future games but I also do CC Heavy builds for myself. I prefer using builds where I can see the layout of the build if it's not one of mine hence rarely using the gallery for anyone else's builds.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,496 Member
    Yeah, for those of us who have never used MOO, it's disturbing.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member

I was getting annoyed because I thought people weren't tagging their builds correctly...
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,874 Member
    Metior_Ice wrote: »
    What's MOO?

bb.moveobjects on
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,874 Member
    edited October 2021

I was getting annoyed because I thought people weren't tagging their builds correctly...

That is the annoyance, as now even if you say you do not use it, it sure still looks like it.
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina