Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

~*~ Ackney-upon-Sherne Showcase - Our English Village Creators' Collaboration ~*~

Comments

• romagi1romagi1 Posts: 6,988 Member
    @Sandraelle Oh my! It is so stately and huge! 24 rooms! :o I love that in such a large home there is more than one stair to each floor and such an impressive garden in front and back! Beautiful!
  • SandraelleSandraelle Posts: 6,146 Member
    suzses wrote: »
    @Sandraelle I knew this was going to be a big project, but it's absolutely HUGE - and stunning! You've done an awesome job with it inside and out. The architecture is wonderful. Love the gardens from the landscaping to the beautiful pool to the adorable playhouse. I'm not sure how you found so many great ideas for so many rooms, all of which are lovely (and mostly large). I like how the curtain worked out in the dining room with the rounded top window - I don't know if I would have ever thought to try it out. Love your tile work, pretty wallpapers, and use of color and light against the dark panelings, as well.

@suzses, Thank you very much Sue! Yes, it turned out way bigger than I thought, but it just keep growing, lol. Figured since it was on such a large lot, I needed to fill it, lol. Yeah, I don't find a use for that 3-tiled curtain much, but I agree, it seemed to work with those large shaped windows. :)
    romagi1 wrote: »
    @Sandraelle Oh my! It is so stately and huge! 24 rooms! :o I love that in such a large home there is more than one stair to each floor and such an impressive garden in front and back! Beautiful!

@romagi1, lol Rox. Those 24 rooms include all the bathrooms, but not sure I counted right. And have you ever seen so many fireplaces in one home before? I was kinda going off of an inspiration I found on rightmove.com, and they pretty much had a fireplace and a bathroom in every bedroom.Thanks for your nice comments. :)
  • suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    The Willows
    140 Cwensmere Rd. (Map 9, Lot #112)

A 4-bedroom, 3-bath home in the Lake District area that backs right on a lake.

eV152k3.jpg?1

Download: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9483666
    Pictures: https://photos.app.goo.gl/FebWoSnKfvNRYDG68

Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,261 Member
    edited October 2021
    Yay, two more wonderful builds for AuS!

@suzses , The Willows is such a beautiful home inside and out, and well set off to take full advantage of those lake views. I love your style of designing… classy with the perfect blend of detail, layout, decor, colours and patterns. 🌸

@ciane, I really like the architecture and exterior colours of Halfdan Close. 🌼

Looking forward to a walkthrough of both lots in game later. Well done ladies! 🌟
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    @soocoolsim - Woot! So glad you like it, though I can't really take credit for architecture or colors since both were based on a picture I found on the internet.
    Awesome! Two more lots for this charming world! Loving how each one fits perfectly with the area they are meant for! Can't wait to add them both to my world!
  • HidehiHidehi Posts: 1,109 Member

Love the new additions!!! <3<3<3

@suzses The Willows is such a gorgeous home inside and out!! Your interior design and colour choices make everything look always so beautiful.

@ciane you've captured the likeness of the gorgeous Halfdan House and your inspirational picture perfectly! Love that you have managed to squeeze a bedroom into the attic again and I definitely will borrow the idea of those pretty planters at the entrances!

So sorry @Sandraelle, I seemed to have not commented on your absolutely stunning Whitcombe Manor. What an amazing home with sooo many awesome looking rooms ... such a humongous job but perfectly executed!!
  • annasommerannasommer Posts: 3,987 Member
    edited October 2021
    I am dreadfully sorry, but I can´t export the lots I build from the game into the laucher, let alone to the exchange. Not even almost bare test lots.
    I don´t get what´s the problem, I never had any trouble with that before.
    So far I did set my game back to vanilla, deleted all cache files, all tmp files and even the ccmerged file. I reset the internet explorer. I made new saves afterwards. Still the same error.
    Has anyone else had ( and possibly solved ) that problem?
    @annasommer , you said you made new saves? Of the same world? Have you tried exporting from SV? Maybe the AuS world file you downloaded got corrupted? If you can export from SV I would try re-downloading AuS.
    Hm! I tried to export from an EA world, but that was before the Great Cleanout :sweat_smile: I´ll try SV right away.
    @annasommer , since you set your game back to vanilla I am assuming you don't start your game with origin? What patch are you on? Do you have cc in your game? Any patterns other than ones that came with the game?

Not sure what to try next, just trying to narrower things down.

Since you can't export, can you save the lot to your library?
  • soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,261 Member

@annasommer , I’ve had export problems when I use certain objects, even though they are regular store or game items. Have you tried exporting a totally empty shell and see if you have any success? If that works, the next step would be to find out which objects are causing the problem. Good luck!
    @romagi1
    Right, I don´t have Origin, I play from disc ( yesss this old, I bought the game in 2009 ). It´s fully patched, though. As I went back to vanilla, there should be no cc left in the game, not even patterns. I am considering to deinstall and reinstall completely atm
    I can save the lot to the library, though. If you have an idea how to get it to the launcher from there, please let me know!
    @soocoolsim
    Yes, I tried to upload an empty shell that I built for that sole purpose in SV , same error :/
    edited October 2021
    @annasommer - I do wonder if you have your game open when you are trying to export or if you only open the launcher with nothing else running, which is how I export (from outside the game with no other programs running).

It's possible to copy and paste a library file from one save to another. So, by renaming your sims 3 folder and generating a new one by launching your game, you save and quit and then copy the old library file to the new one. Go into your game and choose to share the lot. Then, quit the game and double click on the file in your export folder. (That will bring up the launcher automatically, I think. It definitely works for installing downloads.)

I use discs and the NRaas mod that lets me play without the disc in, and I'm patched up to 1.67, but not the last patch. I have occasional problems with my launcher. Sometimes the pop-up that says the lot uploaded never appears as more than a black box. Sometimes I don't have the option to click on Downloads or Uploads. BUT I just double click directly on the file that is ready to install or upload and wait. If I see the Sims launcher icon and then another sims 3 icon in the task manager or just showing in active programs, then I assume it's working. I might have to log in on the launcher before it will start with the install or upload, but if I'm already logged in, it automatically starts. After time, I try to x out the smaller black box that tells you it was successful. I often close the launcher with my task manager after I see a new file created in my library file and/or dcbackup folder for installs OR see the upload went through on my page. The launcher is old technology, and with time and constant computer and internet upgrades, it can struggle. Just help it out by moving your screenshots and videos and old downloads and uploads out of the sims 3 folder OR simply rename them. I take a lot of pics, so I rename the screenshot folder to screens1, 2, 3 etc. This is to keep the launcher from having to load all those other things and only have to focus on one thing at a time.

For me, failed uploads usually means a full studio and I have to delete older stuff to make room for more, but the failed pop-up tells me my studio is full.

As Romagi mentioned there are a few items from the store that can keep a lot from uploading. The variated vase and certain patterns that came with the TIKI and another set that had kids bedrooms - the ultra lounge set. It's the patterns of those items, and not the items themselves, I believe that cause the problem. The tiki has a different wood texture and if you choose that wood option, you'll spend forever trying to find the offending item, because it's the pattern NOT the item that causes the problem and prevents the upload.

In your case, it's the launcher that isn't working right and only resetting IE and clearing out caches and old files and restarting the computer and a fresh sims 3 folder offer help. BUT don't delete the ccmerged file, that controls your store content associated actions; though NONAsims has a safe replacement copy, if needed.

This was a LOT rambling, but hopefully, there is something in it to help someone.

I have never had to reinstall my sims 3 game except on a new computer or a new operating system, but... it is a last resort option. If you end up doing that, remember that traces of the old sims 3 files must be deleted from registry files AND that is always scary. Mistakes made in registry files can't be unmade. So be careful and follow a step-by-step guide.

On another, but very relevant, note: I just double clicked on a file in my export file. It brought up the launcher automatically. I could use the Uploads and Downloads buttons. It didn't show me logged in, but it proceeded to upload, because I am logged in on my page. It showed successful on the upload. BUT there is no new upload showing in my studio or on my page. SO... wait until you see someone else successfully upload, and then try again.

NOTE: So, after that, I still had my launcher open. It showed the lot not uploaded and me logged out. I logged in to the launcher and checked to upload the lot. It ran smoothly through the process and showed uploaded. AND, there it is now on my page and in my studio. I didn't put an upload picture on it either time, and that probably would NOT make a difference; but I wanted to try it as simply as possible. MORAL: maybe, log in to the launcher first.
    Post edited by ciane on
    So, here's my latest build:
    Map 1 112 Trowfell Road - Trowfell Diary Farm (Lot#3) - Huge farm with diary, chickens, greenhouse, stables, and recreational items.
    https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9483949
    roof_up_original.jpg
    edited October 2021
    @ciane , Great lot! I have you rec'd and will check out in game as soon as I start my game! <3

@annasommer , my game is on disc from 2009 also. I think Origin may be on my computer but I do not use it. I only use my launcher to upload. To start the game I use the same mod @ciane uses from NRaas to play with no disc. I am only patched to 1.67. Before doing a reinstall, if you are patched to the 1.69, there is an option on Origin to repair game. I would try that first.

Edit: But only if you are sure you are patched to 1.69.
    I also uploaded, per request, a single YA sim to add to the community. She was played in this world and has written a couple books as well as skilled in cooking, gardening, athletics, and martial arts (from my quick glance at her skills prior to evicting her and uploading her). She has almost 40k, which won't buy one of nice island lots, but it'll get her into a small flat. Of course, there's always freerealestate!

https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9483993
    original.jpg
    edited October 2021
    Guys. As I said before, the lot does NOT make it into the launcher. I can only save it into the library.
    Will kill my game and try to copy the old library into the new one tomz.
    Edit: I hate my game a tiny little bit right now
  • seabenseaben Posts: 631 Member
    Even though i'm only observing the progress on this world i will pop in for a second and offer some advice @annasommer your lot might not be uploading because of bad cc even if you deleted all your cc their are at least two items i know of that stick to exchange uploads one of them is a counter and the other is a doll from affinity sims and once these items are in your game the only way to get rid of them is to uninstalling the exchange item then delete your library files and saved sim files i would suggest moving your library and save sims folder for the time being then see if it uploads
    my sims 3 shell challenges https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/974534/the-sims-3-shell-challenge-corner-challenge-4-due-july-31th/p1 or check out my sims blog https://seabensims.wordpress.com/ my Wishlist is seaben06 on the sims 3 store and my oid is also seaben06
    edited October 2021
    @annasommer, So sorry you're still having a hard time getting your upload into your launcher. I can totally relate to your frustration and how you might hate your game right now. I don't have any suggestions for you but crossing my fingers you can find a solution soon.

Wow, some great new additions for the world. Got them rec'd and downloaded and about to put them in game for a closer look.

@suzses, The Willows is a really nice looking home for the lake district. Great curb appeal and pretty decorating!

@ciane, So glad you are still building with us! Halfdan House looks great - great looking architecture and I like the shape of the house and the different textures. And Trowfell Dairy Farm looks great too, no pictures so will check it out in game soon.
    Post edited by Sandraelle on
    @annasommer - sorry you hate your game right now. Not making it to the launcher is why I suggested simply double clicking on it in the export file. That activates the launcher and should automatically kick in the upload process as long as you are already logged in. HUGS!
  • suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    @ciane Loving your great additions for AuS. <3 Halfdan House is a beautiful, large family home, and speaking of large, the dairy farm IS that, too, and looks great. I think the farmer will definitely appreciate having the tractor to keep up with things. :) I haven't seen the farm in game yet but am really looking forward to it. Regan will be a nice addition to the town. Hmm, a daredevil writer - that sounds interesting. :D
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top