Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

ANOTHER bug with Cottage Living? "Hunt for eggs" when having a populated chicken coop doesn't work?

BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
SO this expansion has been out since this summer and is still full of bugs huh?
I have come across what? 5 so far?

Here is what appears to be another: I can't complete the "hunt for eggs" action because instead every time I find and egg it's an actual egg. It started after I got a chicken coop; every time I hunt for eggs and it indicates my Sim finds one, I get a chocolate / rainbow / random color egg in my inventory instead of an Easter Egg. So it doesn't register for the holiday that I have found eggs.

I have now searched every furniture on the lot, I have found 12 eggs, but none of them are Easter Eggs, so...
This started after I bought a chicken for my coop. Before that, it worked fine. (As in as long as the coop was empty it worked)
Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek

Comments

• crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,374 Member

Here is what appears to be another: I can't complete the "hunt for eggs" action because instead every time I find and egg it's an actual egg. It started after I got a chicken coop; every time I hunt for eggs and it indicates my Sim finds one, I get a chocolate / rainbow / random color egg in my inventory instead of an Easter Egg. So it doesn't register for the holiday that I have found eggs.

I have now searched every furniture on the lot, I have found 12 eggs, but none of them are Easter Eggs, so...
    This started after I bought a chicken for my coop. Before that, it worked fine. (As in as long as the coop was empty it worked)

Once you have chicken on your lot you only find chicken eggs. If you go to a community lot you can find the decorative eggs. I don't know if it's a bug or just an easy way to get eggs without the chickens.
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »

Once you have chicken on your lot you only find chicken eggs. If you go to a community lot you can find the decorative eggs. I don't know if it's a bug or just an easy way to get eggs without the chickens.

I think it is a bug
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
    kaiwrysims wrote: »

I think it is a bug

Could be, but I actually like the chance to find real chocolate eggs. 😁
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    kaiwrysims wrote: »

I think it is a bug

Could be, but I actually like the chance to find real chocolate eggs. 😁

If it's not a bug, they should count as Easter Eggs.

Anyway, wouldn't it be nice if EA had a QA department that spent more than 2 minutes with each expansion? Oh wait, that's us. We are always the beta testers for expansions.
    To me it seems deliberate, because Easter decorative eggs must have a different internal reference than the chicken eggs. To come up during ester eggs hunt they must have been added there by choice.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,836 Member
    @Beardedgeek since you're late to the game for Cottage Living you might want to have a look at this CL bug thread. 🙂

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/992218/bugs-and-glitches-cottage-living/p1
    @Beardedgeek since you're late to the game for Cottage Living you might want to have a look at this CL bug thread. 🙂

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/992218/bugs-and-glitches-cottage-living/p1

Holy Llama that's a lot of glitches and bugs. Seriously.
    I mean CL is probably the "biggest" expansion after Seasons in that it alters most base game features besides Seasons. 99% of Sulani's new gameplay is completely isolated from base game for example. Not so much this.

On page 1 I saw a comment about cafés. same with restaurants for me. Cooks show up but don't work unless I shift-click Reset both the cook and the cooking station. Then they suddenly go to cook food.
    AND another bug: The fishing sign at the top of the water fall is broken, can't reach the fishing pond "Handwave - no path available" 100% of the time.
    Holy Llama that's a lot of glitches and bugs. Seriously.

Yes it is. Reason I started that thread. We were seeing a new thread for every bug discovered. :D
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    AND another bug: The fishing sign at the top of the water fall is broken, can't reach the fishing pond "Handwave - no path available" 100% of the time.
    That’s weird. I was able to fish there no problem. The one near Princess Cordelia’s cottage?
    I tried to fish once in Henford besides the mill and it was impossible, similarly got a can't reach wave. Eventually there was a message that you can't fish in winter. It was winter and midnight.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,658 Member
    I like that we can find real eggs instead of decorated ones. Because, how many decorated eggs do we need? When the egg hunt was created they had no real eggs, so I imagine they saw it as a great idea combining these two. But perhaps there could be a chance of finding either egg - real egg or decorative... Also agree that real eggs should count as a holiday thing, so I guess that is the actual bug.

Re fishing near the water falls, my sim fish there with no problem, don't think it was Winter though. Maybe there are several fishing spots up there, I tried only the one a few steps from where the mushrooms grow (I think...)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • samanthalucindasamanthalucinda Posts: 4 New Member
    This is my first time coming here for help so, apologies if ive posted in the wrong place, but im having issues with cottage living, im trying to get the gossip in the whats the scuttlebutt errand but i see people gossiping but have no action to eaves drop or ask about the juicy gossip. Has anyone else had this or point me in the direction to get this errand done?
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,496 Member
    edited October 2021

I was having this occur in my game, too. I really love the Fabergé Eggs and was so disappointed. Then my Sim went down to PBP Studios for the Accolades Show. I had recently given a slight renovation and not only placed a couple of platforms, but some nicer looking chairs. Well, Erik got there a tad early and decided to 'hunt for eggs' in the chairs. He was rewarded seven times! He even found the rare one I've never had in my game before. Yes, he owns a Chicken Coop and lives in HoB. So it's not the pack, itself, but rather the location is my guess.

Here: the Rare One:
    sdgqSlW.jpg
    And if you look behind my Sims at the two tall bookcases you can see two more of the eggs
    NWC3MK0.jpg

I thought I'd taken a snapshot of the four in the living room, but I can't find it at the moment.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
    edited October 2021
    This is my first time coming here for help so, apologies if ive posted in the wrong place, but im having issues with cottage living, im trying to get the gossip in the whats the scuttlebutt errand but i see people gossiping but have no action to eaves drop or ask about the juicy gossip. Has anyone else had this or point me in the direction to get this errand done?

Welcome Aboard! If you read the hints that go whizzing by when the game is loading up, all you have to do is have a heart-to-heart conversation with one of the locals to gain the gossip. It's not about eavesdropping at all, but full-on gossip! Hope this helps. :) Gave you an 'awesome' to help boost your points, too.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
  • Flikka_FlikkaFlikka_Flikka Posts: 435 Member
    Why was the CL Bug Thread closed? The last post in it is not true: he empty household bloat-a-rama bug is still occurring in new saves.
    Why was the CL Bug Thread closed? The last post in it is not true: he empty household bloat-a-rama bug is still occurring in new saves.

@Flikka_Flikka see this thread.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/994727/is-it-ok-to-create-bug-lists-threads-again#latest
    My Sims just celebrated this Holiday in my new game save. I was very happy to see that the Fabergé Styled eggs are back! Mostly found in the toilets, but hey, at least they found them again. NO chickens on this lot, so that may have had something to do with it. And the lot is in Del Sol Valley, too.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,851 Member
    @Beardedgeek sorry for the late response but would you mind sharing how you reset the chef stations? I've been sledgehammering and replacing them every time I go to a restaurant lot these days. It would be nice to have a quick reset code.
    @Beardedgeek sorry for the late response but would you mind sharing how you reset the chef stations? I've been sledgehammering and replacing them every time I go to a restaurant lot these days. It would be nice to have a quick reset code.

Providing you play on PC you either have to have testingcheats enabled or MCCC installed. Then you can just hold down SHIFT and click on an item or Sim and chose "Reset". Also very handy if say you want to quickly stop your Sim from doing something utterly stupid like run out in the snow in summer clothes or something.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member

Yeah, this happens to me too. I think I'll remove the egg hunting tradition.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,851 Member
    Thanks @Beardedgeek :)