Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Farrington's - A Sunset Valley Story

"Wow."

agmCb2v.jpg

Lamont Farrington stood with open mouth and unblinking eyes as he stared at the house before him.

"Representative Alto took care of the co-sign. It's ours, honey. This house is ours!"

Tori Farrington, no longer known as Kimura, gazed upon the huge house with glowing happiness and a small sense of entitlement. Lamont knew she was happy but he did not like the feeling in his stomach that clenched at the thought of his family being in debt to Vita Alto. There was just something about that woman he did not trust. He had once joked that he felt he was marrying into a Godfather movie. Tori was not amused. In fact, she was so outraged, she had almost called their wedding off. It was the last time he ever told her a joke.

Ywpbseo.jpg

Any joke.

Lamont had met Tori when he first moved to Sunset Valley. She had helped him register to vote and had really gone out of her way to make it as easy as it could be for him. When he complimented her on her obvious work ethic, her eyes had lit up like a starry night. Later, as they would start dating, she confided in him that it was hard to find a man who would accept the fact that her work at city hall meant so much to her. "It's not the career itself, either," she said. "I'd be the same if I worked at Hogan's Diner. I just like to work."

Lamont understood. Lamont felt the same way about reading. One of the reasons he had joined the medical field was the lure of reading all the journals. The feel of a book in is hand, the words on the paper to devour. Nothing was more relaxing.

S0jrAWK.jpg

As they started to date, they learned that their goals and lifetime wishes were incredibly compatible. Lamont dreamed of having a family with lots of kids. Tori imagined huge birthday parties filled with friends, especially rich friends, cooing over their children. Lamont was even more than willing to concede to taking the mandatory post-birth paternity leave so that Tori could return to work immediately after delivery.

In fact, their goals in life were so well matched that people, especially Tori's roommates at the time Madison VanWatson and Monika Morris, wondered if this was more of a marriage of convenience than of love.

kgXbVnY.jpg

The wedding itself was formal and lavish. And also financed by the Alto's. It was also filled with growing tension. For one thing, working at the hospital had made Lamont acquaintances with Geoffrey Landgraab. Thus putting the new Farrington family directly in the middle of the Alto-Landgraab feud. Also, there was the hospital staff drama involving Morgana Wolff and Jamie Jolina. Morgana was jealous and suspicious of Jamie, wrongly believing her husband was having an affair with the beautiful blonde. It was suspected by numerous people that Thornton Wolff had wanted this affair but, so far, Jamie had turned him down.

w0EQoQy.jpg

The reception ended ugly for the Altos and Landgraabs. An intoxicated Nick Alto had physically assaulted Geoffrey Landgraab and even struck his wife Nancy. This would not only get Nick arrested but also cost him his job as Vice President of the Doo Peas Corporation. To make matters worse, Nancy would be named the new Vice President in his place.

That was one thing not even Vita's political influence could change.

But, as was mentioned before, she could and did help Lamont and Tori finance this huge house.

"Honey! This kitchen!" Despite not being what people would consider a domestic housewife, Tori had a natural ability to prepare five star meals. While some could not even cook mac and cheese without setting the house on fire, Tori could grab any recipe, learn it and immediately prepare the meal to perfection.

VqZ7jfJ.jpg

Lamont took a tour of the rest of their house while his wife admired her knew kitchen. Three bedrooms and two bathrooms upstairs. A dining room and living room downstairs. Plus a third small bathroom.

HFqxe3A.jpg

The perfect house for a large family.

DKiXjNB.jpg

Lamont really did appreciate the house he could not have afforded on his own.

LoC4EZI.jpg

He only hoped being indebted to the Alto family wouldn't come back to haunt them.

Comments

• Santon1857Santon1857 Posts: 87 Member
    vOsNXfe.jpg
    With Tori marrying Lamont and moving out, her former roommates would have one less person helping out with the bills. Once again, Vita Alto stepped in and arranged for Madison VanWatson to start working at city hall.
    Mi53CXX.jpg
    The political climate in Sunset Valley was completely female dominated. Besides Tori, Vita and now Madison, Tamara Donner was the other main figure in the political scene in the town.
    0WdlEdu.jpg
    Women in Sunset Valley had prominent roles in most of the occupations. Business career. Police force. Hospital.
    And the criminal career.
    TJuNPqt.jpg
    One of the former roommates, Ayesha Ansari, had done just that. As had Vita's husband, Nick. After being fired from his job, Nick made a call with some less than scrupulous individuals and got himself in with a criminal corporation.
    Work wasn't the only thing booming in Sunset Valley. Families were growing as well. It seemed it was Baby Season and it wouldn't take long for the Farringtons to join in the festivities.
    VQPIDXE.jpg
    And Lamont's dream of a big family had begun.
    GetXRtY.jpg
    KyZEMdG.jpg

"Yes, Madison, I did hear that Molly French is pregnant. Xander Clavell? You think he is the father? Well, yeah, with Molly, I mean, who knows, right?"

Mkwtzc8.jpg

"Yes, I know Emma. We've met and shared recipes. I don't know Christopher Steel. She's engaged to him? I had not heard that."

lhQZPIr.jpg

"Tamara Donner and Tobias Koffi? Oh. good grief. She can do better than that! I know he is rich, Madison, but I wouldn't call him the most reliable man in the world."

Te0cjBc.jpg

"The Keatons had a child. I should get acquainted with Justine. Maybe she can help me out on what to expect from my pregnancy."

DOQX8Wn.jpg

"Yes, I am Madison. Lamont is so excited!"

tnbrcDo.jpg

"He says he had some kind of fertility treatment at the hospital. I have never known of such a thing. I think he said Morgana Wolff told him about it. Supposed to increase the chances of twins maybe. Yeah, that is kind of a daunting task to be having twins. If that is what happens."

PeABYVr.jpg

"I miss work a lot! But I will be back soon. Lamont will take off after the babies are born so I can go back to work."

9LzBr6o.jpg

"Oh, it's horrible, Madison! I look like I swallowed a basketball. And my back gets so sore. It's a nightmare to go through but I really am looking forwards to throwing birthday parties for the kids."

JBTMZ8H.jpg

"Lamont? He's thinking about writing a novel on the side. He enjoys the written word so much. It's strange, I know, but it makes him happy and what an awesome thing to add to my resume'. Wife of published author."

bWt84O6.jpg

"Me too, Madison. I have to cook dinner. I'll call again and we can catch up on more gossip."

QJNYsJf.jpg
    alfSF9Z.jpg

An elated Lamont took his wife to the Bistro to celebrate her pregnancy.

daZmJye.jpg

While off work, Tori spent time preparing for her pregnancy. She read Baby Incoming, Preparing With Vigilance to educate herself on motherhood.

s3dGhc2.jpg

At last the moment arrived.

rbUllRl.jpg

Unlike an episode of one of those hospital dramas, Tori's delivery was pretty uneventful except for one thing.

4uZsdnS.jpg

Twins.

HLvMjky.jpg

Josh.

jaOeXUP.jpg

And Krystal.

oKjKez5.jpg

Lamont's dream family was on its way.

M6J15d2.jpg
    PIJxRE5.jpg

It was back to work for Tori.

yVc4mj0.jpg

Vita Alto announced she was running for mayor.

1EypBkG.jpg

Tori got a spot as a campaign intern.

uGUeFQB.jpg

Vita's daughter Holly joined the political career.

cULLVCv.jpg

And her friend Bebe Hart got a job at the hospital.

ZwEVBMV.jpg

While Tori went back to work, Lamont stayed home with the babies.

ufGS3W5.jpg

He did some galaxy searching while the twins slept.

KWhzqoH.jpg

And even got a small side project at the science facility.

NHbh18j.jpg

And dropped by the bookstore.

eUVTtbf.jpg

A babysitter was brought in to help out as well.

5zxkfOc.jpg

Tori spent some time at the huge Alto home working on Vita's mayor campaign.

dGiOrfP.jpg

And Lamont spent that time with the babies.

16oYztj.jpg

They wouldn't remain infants forever.

KGWw86f.jpg

Cqy2H3p.jpg

As soon as you could blink, the twins were becoming toddlers.

u7pHj1G.jpg

Tori threw a huge birthday bash.

h9f4W9E.jpg

Josh.

gaQ9OyJ.jpg

And Krystal.

Vi0AuyD.jpg

It was a formal affair, the only kind of party Tori would ever have.

IyOsgaF.jpg

Attended mostly by their coworkers.

4hJJLrY.jpg

And Tori's former roommates.

6XxNf2x.jpg

Too much excitement.

UX41Tdw.jpg

And the twins were worn out.

0CtsKcw.jpg

LEPmfBv.jpg

With toddlers came the joy of teaching them to walk.

uWsBSsi.jpg

Left. Right. Left. No, your other left.

EqsotYc.jpg

And to talk.

LVzwSh4.jpg

And the potty training.

K3Sycw0.jpg

Not Tori's favorite activity.

IkDHzLa.jpg

Rarely a moment alone for Lamont and Tori with twin toddlers.

QEaGAzW.jpg
    6Zbuv29.jpg

It was time for our Sims to go back to work.

KwGoS1x.jpg

The Martinez Family moved into town, with Jennifer Martinez joining the political career. The women are bound and determined to run Sunset Valley.

PPbSsFN.jpg

Lamont got his promotion to bed pan cleaner. Poor guy.

j6rUM8g.jpg

Meanwhile, the twins occupied themselves with books. Their father would be proud.

ve8pTeT.jpg

As soon as Lamont got home, he rushed to see his babies. This is the sign of a family-oriented sim.

H2KrYy2.jpg

"Your daddy got a promotion, son!" 'We do not care'.

y2Taon7.jpg

edited October 2021

ntnro46.jpg

Wasn't long before Tori was pregnant again. A trip to the day spa for a pampering session always helps a pregnant sim feel better.

EYCJhny.jpg

Tori also took the time to do some work at home.

koNlD31.jpg

Tori taking care of the twins while Lamont was at work.

ko1ObzR.jpg

"You are going to be a big sister, Krystal."

4kuaNt5.jpg

Maternity leave gave Tori some time back in the kitchen.

fiwuZP5.jpg

Lamont got the babies ready for bed.

xnyiEh6.jpg

Just a random pregnancy photo.

XuhvrPN.jpg

And another.

ZFy7s8n.jpg

Tori knew she was getting close.

XUNNqsV.jpg

"Are you ready to be a big brother?"

HUqA4JR.jpg

Lamont got promoted to paramedic.

1yZxNs6.jpg

8yDrRHn.jpg

Lamont wanted five kids and that's one way to do it.

P1xm4ls.jpg

Triplets!

ji34BP2.jpg

Wally.

rmfqIIz.jpg

Idelle.

0EvJhEn.jpg

And Astor.

bPYBPQ3.jpg

Combined with the twins and the Farrington Household now has three boys and two girls.

0a0zoRs.jpg

A perfectly evened out combination.

02NyoQW.jpg

Lamont now has his dream family.

wOaohN7.jpg

Now to raise them to their teenage years so that he can reach his lifetime wish.

mK8ROIw.jpg

Can't ignore the older twins though.

APhIm1v.jpg

Will Josh be the next one to carry on the legacy?

Jmgwest.jpg

Or he will he become a musician?

Mr5TtTN.jpg