Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

MOD REQUEST THREAD

Comments

• DanmanNefariusDanmanNefarius Posts: 947 Member
    edited October 2021
    i would truly appreciate a mod that gets rid of the "watch celebrities perform" mechanic entirely! i am so darn tired of this incredibly poorly executed and extremely interruptive and pointless stuff, it is truly driving me nuts! i would also appreciate a mod that stops 4 star celebs like Brytani Cho from spamming that beg for attention nonsense all day! (i believe it is called encourage people to cheer for you or something? ) once in a while ok...i find it pathetic if a celeb needs to beg for attention but heck...they do this nonsense irl too... but spamming it to no end is annoying and interruptive
  • KatiardguezKatiardguez Posts: 640 Member
    Hello, I'm wondering if anyone knows of a mod that stops the sim from talking to plants exist? Thanks!
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,772 Member
    Hello, I'm wondering if anyone knows of a mod that stops the sim from talking to plants exist? Thanks!

Hi! Bienchen has one! It's the third Mod down on this page:
    https://deichschafblog.de/bienchen/autonomie-mods-autonomy-mods/
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,772 Member
    i would truly appreciate a mod that gets rid of the "watch celebrities perform" mechanic entirely! i am so darn tired of this incredibly poorly executed and extremely interruptive and pointless stuff, it is truly driving me nuts! i would also appreciate a mod that stops 4 star celebs like Brytani Cho from spamming that beg for attention nonsense all day! (i believe it is called encourage people to cheer for you or something? ) once in a while ok...i find it pathetic if a celeb needs to beg for attention but heck...they do this nonsense irl too... but spamming it to no end is annoying and interruptive

Bienchen might have something you can use:
    https://deichschafblog.de/bienchen/werde-beruehmt-get-famous/

Little Ms Sam also has a mod that might be helpful:
    https://littlemssam.tumblr.com/post/180477705418/celebs-undercover-get-famous-this-mod-adds-a-lot
  • KatiardguezKatiardguez Posts: 640 Member
    Bananas_45 wrote: »

Hi! Bienchen has one! It's the third Mod down on this page:
    https://deichschafblog.de/bienchen/autonomie-mods-autonomy-mods/

Thanks but Bienchen has one that is for Less autonomous and I'm looking for one mod that stops it completely. I'm getting a little bit annoyed with my sim gardener wanting to talk to plants almost all the time. Like if I don't have anything on queue for him to do he goes to talk to plants :(
  • simgirl542simgirl542 Posts: 1,071 Member
    @Katiardguez at least that's all the gardeners are doing on yours. I've had them actually harvest plants. I had to add them to my family and take the fruits and vegetables from them, remove them from my family, then fire them for the attempted theft. My gardeners never finish. They wander in after 10 am and leave promptly at about 315 pm. Sometimes they don't show up at all.
    I miss the gardeners that would stay until all plants were tended to even if it was all day long. I guess that was the sims 3 though.
    Celebrating 11 years on this forum. Simming proudly since 2001.
    Bananas_45 wrote: »

Bienchen might have something you can use:

Little Ms Sam also has a mod that might be helpful:
    https://littlemssam.tumblr.com/post/180477705418/celebs-undercover-get-famous-this-mod-adds-a-lot

@Bananas_45 i already got most of these (celebrities are even more annoying without these!!) but these do not deal with the "all sims turn into happy clapping seals when some celeb does stuff, even if they suck at it" mechanic or the Brytani Cho and Thorne Bailey spamming beg for cheers hindrance (i always just lower them to three stars atm to get rid of it since only 4 star celebs do this aggrevating stuff but it does take away some immersion imo but i am too fed up with them spamming it to no end)
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,553 Member
    @DanmanNefarius: Do you have sims4me_lesscelebreact_noautonomousincitecheers installed? That stops celebs from autonomously inciting cheers.
    I don't have problems with celebrities in my game but part of it surely is that I'm also using townieoverhaul_lessfame to stop them from spawning every other second.

@Katiardguez: I'm reluctant to completely nuke autonomous behaviour the game provided us with. But you can alwas use MCCC to completely stop every autonomous interaction that bothers you. In that case, you'd have to disable the following behaviours for autonomous use:
    Gardening_Talk_To_Plants
    gardening_VerticalGarden_Talk_To_Plants
    super_GiantCrops_Plant_TalkToCrop
    super_GiantCrops_Plant_TalkToCrop_NatureConversationalistTrait
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
    83bienchen wrote: »
    @DanmanNefarius: Do you have sims4me_lesscelebreact_noautonomousincitecheers installed? That stops celebs from autonomously inciting cheers.

@83bienchen no i do not. this is exactly what i am looking for! can you share a link to this please?

It's an optional module for the lesscelebreact, so it's included in the rar-file for that mod:

It can be used as a standalone mod without problems, though.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
    83bienchen wrote: »
    It's an optional module for the lesscelebreact, so it's included in the rar-file for that mod:

It can be used as a standalone mod without problems, though.

@83bienchen thanks B)
  • LyrieLyrie Posts: 881 Member
    Hello!

Is there a mod that stops grudges for toddlers, the little guy was in a bad mood due to hunger and IDK what he did to his mom, but she got a grudge after one interaction.

The worse part? It still is lasting through his childhood, it is half gone but still, she is lashing out at him and she is family orientated!

Please if there is a mod to stop this or lessen it, I'd be grateful!
  • GameBoy2936GameBoy2936 Posts: 30 Member
    Hi, I'm wondering if there's a mod that increases the amount of reaction animations for certain recreation objects, like the ping pong table (juice pong), water balloon bucket, bowling lane, lawn water slide, dartboard, etc. If there isn't anything for this yet, how can I edit these objects and define new animations to it?
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    Does anyone know of a mod that stops Sims autonomously dropping interactions in their queue to go and admire furniture they like? It's really irksome!
  • GirafHuntrGirafHuntr Posts: 759 Member
    edited October 2021
    Does anyone know of a mod that stops Sims autonomously dropping interactions in their queue to go and admire furniture they like? It's really irksome!

Try this one by Zero: https://www.patreon.com/posts/51864125

"No reaction to décor - see above... "a séance in the house? I'm as cool as a cucumber... a country chair in the house? Oh no no no I'm going to be tense all day and play stupid animations over and over again until you burn me."

And I did just that."
    My username has been my internet handle for over 20 years since I was 16 and refers to when I had a crush on a very tall boy. I intend absolutely no violence toward beautiful giraffes. <3
    edited October 2021
    Lyrie wrote: »
    Hello!

Is there a mod that stops grudges for toddlers, the little guy was in a bad mood due to hunger and IDK what he did to his mom, but she got a grudge after one interaction.

The worse part? It still is lasting through his childhood, it is half gone but still, she is lashing out at him and she is family orientated!

Please if there is a mod to stop this or lessen it, I'd be grateful!

As far as I know, this was fixed with a recent update. I'm afraid the fix doesn't work for Sims that already gained the sentiment. Hugging diminishes the bad sentiment, so try doing that.
    Post edited by 83bienchen on
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    GirafHuntr wrote: »

Try this one by Zero: https://www.patreon.com/posts/51864125

"No reaction to décor - see above... "a séance in the house? I'm as cool as a cucumber... a country chair in the house? Oh no no no I'm going to be tense all day and play stupid animations over and over again until you burn me."

And I did just that."

Thank you!! <3
  • wheatberrywheatberry Posts: 20 Member
    I'd loved a mod that can transfer between personal inventory and family inventory.
  • simgirl542simgirl542 Posts: 1,071 Member
    I'd like a mod that brought back interactions like huggles and the Smutsle.
    Celebrating 11 years on this forum. Simming proudly since 2001.
    i could really use a mod that prevents the game from sending the same old bunch to every freaking lot i visit. i swear if i see that married couple from Sulani one more time i am gonna snap! bunch of stalkers they are just like the Fengs and the Landgraabs. why are there nothingf but married couples in the nightclub anyways >.< so much for looking for my future ex girl! nothing but married cougars in there -.-
    edited November 2021
    i could really use a mod that prevents the game from sending the same old bunch to every freaking lot i visit. i swear if i see that married couple from Sulani one more time i am gonna snap! bunch of stalkers they are just like the Fengs and the Landgraabs. why are there nothingf but married couples in the nightclub anyways >.< so much for looking for my future ex girl! nothing but married cougars in there -.-

This isn't about a mod, but I have used clubs to make bunches of young adults with various different traits that gather at the nightclubs, so that there's a great dating pool. I set the criteria for the club to "single" so if they get married off they will be removed. I have a club of noncommittal Sims that are always at nightclubs and bars hooking up, and then other clubs for those who are looking to meet a more serious partner.
    My username has been my internet handle for over 20 years since I was 16 and refers to when I had a crush on a very tall boy. I intend absolutely no violence toward beautiful giraffes. <3
    GirafHuntr wrote: »

This isn't about a mod, but I have used clubs to make bunches of young adults with various different traits that gather at the nightclubs, so that there's a great dating pool. I set the criteria for the club to "single" so if they get married off they will be removed. I have a club of noncommittal Sims that are always at nightclubs and bars hooking up, and then other clubs for those who are looking to meet a more serious partner.

that's not a bad idea! (clubs, easily the best thing of TS 4 ^_^ )
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    I am looking for a couple of mods for the first time and I don't know enough modders to know where to start looking. I did find bienchen's mods yesterday and found a food one I was specifically looking for. But I'm hoping someone can point me to where I should look for the following two things:
    1- Is there any mod for setting custom lengths for the life stages other than MCCC? It's pretty much the only thing I would use MCCC for so if it exists as a standalone I'd prefer that.
    2- Are there any mods that prevent auto relationship culling and also allow me to manually cull unwanted relationships?

Also what are the best places to search for mods in general?
    edited December 2021
    Daephene wrote: »
    I am looking for a couple of mods for the first time and I don't know enough modders to know where to start looking. I did find bienchen's mods yesterday and found a food one I was specifically looking for. But I'm hoping someone can point me to where I should look for the following two things:
    1- Is there any mod for setting custom lengths for the life stages other than MCCC? It's pretty much the only thing I would use MCCC for so if it exists as a standalone I'd prefer that.
    2- Are there any mods that prevent auto relationship culling and also allow me to manually cull unwanted relationships?

Also what are the best places to search for mods in general?

Well, MCCC does #2 on your request list as well as #1. You may use it for more things than you realize. It's full of extremely useful tweaks and shortcuts, so it's my number one recommendation. It's also so well-maintained and quickly updated that it's a good choice for managing your game after updates etc. It won't change anything in your game unless you go in and ask it to, and you could skip the companion MC Woohoo mod if you won't use those features.

I learn about a lot of new mods by following the threads luthiensrising maintains after each patch/update. Here's the current one: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/995765/broken-updated-mods-cc-nov-30-2021-neighborhood-stories-patch/p1
    You can follow a bunch of her links at the top of the post to check out the most well-known and well-maintained modders. This would also ensure you're getting the current version of anything you try. Just know this is not a thread for questions and support, but it's a great place to lurk and poke around in the world of mods.
  • ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    Does anyone know of a mod to allow those wood-fired cookstoves to function as off-grid heat as well? It's so silly to have a tiny home cabin, off-grid, but then have to squeeze a fireplace into it, that my sim can't cook on, in addition to a wood-fired oven range that my sim can cook on, that we all know would keep that cabin warm plenty, but it isn't allowed to function that way in the game?

I remember a functional iron radiators mod that allowed the vampire pack radiators to actually warm a room. is there anything like that for the kitchen witch stove or the other basegame wood-fired oven?

Every time I build a one-room cabin, I get irritated at the need to fit in a fireplace 10 feet from a dang woodstove. I live where people have and use woodstoves and in a small hunting cabin you sure don't need anything else.
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg