Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    edited October 2021
    @Emily4331 You are correct, it is a Rollo Rolls conversion. :blush: I shared the download link not too far down from talking about the skirt, but methinks you found it already. ;)

I think this would be the ideal place for the skirt to rest:

Screenshot-97.jpg

Thanks for being willing to fix it for me. <3 Hopefully shirts won't clip over it so much if it's resting lower.
    In regards to shoes that increase sim height: generally speaking, it doesn't cause any issues in-game. That is, your game isn't going to break in any way because your sim is taller. However, similarly to using height sliders, your sim will be taller than most sims in the game and, therefore, a lot of animations involving other sims won't line up correctly. IE, your sim with her giga high heels might end up giving her hubby a smooch on his forehead. :lol:Personally, I find this easy to ignore, but for some people it's probably very annoying. :lol: Though, I typically only use the super high heels for glamour shots these days, anyway.
    ^Exactly! :lol: After I wrote out the post I got to thinking about it and was like, "I bet kisses will look off as well as poses if the sim has shot up that tall." A big reason why I don't use height sliders...
    Giga high heels! :joy: That cracked me up!

@CravenLestat I'm always happy to give you a warm fuzzy feeling. <3 Did you recognize my lady sim model up there ^^ ? :smirk:

Starr!
    I love this swim attire you gave her. :star:
    Screenshot-96.jpg

@Turjan Thank you for the sweet words and condolences. <3 Husband is doing better. There's still pain in certain areas, but not like it was before. We are both so very thankful. 🙏 (Cause yeah it got a little scary there for a bit... :flushed: )
    So you're around 20 years older than me huh? Wow. Guess you could be my dad. :p Crazy! (Especially when I thought you were my age. :lol: )
    I grew up without computers, the telephone was that thing in the hallway with a rotating disc, the clicks of which moved a mechanical arm in the station down the road. And no, we children trashed all those shellac records of our parents, as those were made from bug poo that shattered when it fell on the floor. Where was I?
    ^Oh yes, my parents have told me about those days. ;):p At least I can say to my daughter I remember what the world was like without internet. :)
    Wait, were those records really made from bug poo or are you just joshing me? :smirk:
    ----
    Yes, Haley is growing up. :blush:
    And you asked which of your women I like best: I guess I'll go with Emily, even if she seems to want to go "über"-mother lately. I would have pegged her as more "laissez faire" originally.
    ^She really is the laissez faire type - in fact that's a perfect way to describe how her character is portrayed in Stardew Valley - however someone needed to put her sister in place and really she was the only one to do it.....
    I can see why Penny is off your list. :lol:

I'd say the creator did pretty well creating Elvis. :star: (Especially in that close up picture). @Brandontaylor Do you see?? :smiley:
    I keep wondering lately why large eyes on sims seems to be so popular? :lol:

52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Hey everybody! How do your sims look so good??? Can you point me some mods/cc to make mines look good too?
  • Options
    BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,773 Member
    edited October 2021
    Passed the alcohol training test at work today on the first try. We were allowed to miss 6 out of 27 so I must've missed less. It was scheduled from 9-1 but it ended a bit after 11 so I got to leave early. Did not get to play Sims last night since I worked til 7, then had some things I had to get done before bed. However, I will be playing the Langerak's later on today.

@CravenLestat Awesome tutorial! It's neat the different ways items can be used for different effects or building techniques.

@emorrill Oh wow, sorry to hear about your husband. I saw this not long after you posted, but have been busy so just now able to apply. Praying that he continues to recover.
    Thanks! I've got more of the Langeraks to post after I play tonight, but will have a few more Elvis songs below. I'm actually farther along with my playlist, but I've kept a few of my favorites to share.
    Yeah, looks like only certain shirts would work with the skirt.
    No idea if it would cause issues in game, but it's funny how it makes her taller.

@Emily4331 Nice job on Matilda, Daisy, Buster, Harry, Kirby, Lenny, Reuben, Suzy, and the other's makeovers!

@GraceyManor They seem like normal horses to me too, to be honest. Although, I have a feeling they may be ghost horses.
    So Leota kind of messed things up for herself too.
    Great update!

@Silverofdreams30 Great screenshots from your personal save!

@Sprottenham Sounds like fun, I always wished I could make CC as there are a few things I want that no one has made for the game.

@texxx78 Looks like a fun bachelor party.
    Sounds like you got your goals figured out for the near future.
    Looks like the remodel is going well. I need to update the Langerak's home but am too lazy to do it.

@lisasc360 Luckily I do know who the Addams Family is, as well as the Munsters. Now I got the Addams family theme stuck in my head, lol
    Wow, everything looks just like it should!

@Nikkei_Simmer Yay, you're back!

@Turjan Yay, you're back too!
    You're welcome.
    I kind of just wanted to go back and see how long I can keep the save in Sunset Valley, I like seeing the descendants of familiar townies.
    Right now, my brother is going about life as normal, working as a security guard. He's just waiting to see the surgeon, then they'll set up surgery sometime in the near future.
    It really differs for everyone. My maternal grandmother and my mom are Elvis fans, as was my paternal grandfather. My brother and myself inherited from them after we saw a local news reporter do his impersonation of Elvis. We got to know the reporter fairly well, but it kind of helped us to learn more about the real Elvis, so it basically started from there. However, it didn't gain me any popularity in school, lol. None of my friends were what I'd call fans, but some of them said he was alright at least. Other than Elvis though, I listen to other performers from his era, as well as some 80's rock, country music from about the 1950's to current, and depending on the song, some other genres. For me personally though, Elvis and Garth Brooks are probably my top 2 singers of all time.
    Great pictures!
    Oh yeah, I remember seeing posts by Pam from Carl's site. She wasn't around by the time I joined over there (yeah, I'm a member there too but don't post much). I knew she made an Elvis, but never added him to my game yet. Sadly, I found out that Pam passed away earlier this year. I did create one myself a while back but he didn't look so good.

***And since I was talking with Turjan about Elvis up above, here are two more of my favorites. This will be my last post of Elvis songs for this week, but might share one song by someone else or something.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyKtRoGiNIM
    This song, written by BJ Thomas (who we lost in May 2021) is called "I Just Can't Help Believing." Both Elvis and BJ did great on this song, although I prefer Elvis' a bit more but I may be biased. This was performed in Las Vegas in 1970 and features the Sweet Inspirations, an orchestra, and the TCB band that Elvis always usually had.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLbOBoa8vD8
    And the second song is called "Bridge Over Troubled Water" and it is one of my personal favorites. It has been sung by many great singers, including Elvis but was originally recorded by Simon and Garfunkel. It is a song about being there for others in their time of need, hence the line "Like a bridge over troubled water, I will lay me down." Others that performed this song include Aretha Franklin, Johnny Cash, and Willie Nelson.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuuaXIA4A-A
    Lastly is a song called "Just Pretend".
    Post edited by Brandontaylor on
  • Options
    Made a poll for the Langerak save, posting it here for those who would like to vote.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/994721/which-lifetime-reward-should-i-buy-dwight-langerak
  • Options
    Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    @Turjan Thank you, my friend. :heart: It comes in waves, but I'll be fine. I always am, somehow. :sweat_smile: It's like EA discovered sliders they forgot about when making Bridgeport sims. I know what you mean about the jaw - it's like Bridgeport is the only known use of the face profile slider in the history of the game. :lol: Make some of the sims look a bit dog like. :sweat_smile:

@emorrill Okey dokey. I'll mess with the skirt when I can. :3

@Brandontaylor Thank you!
  • Options
    TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,717 Member
    @emorrill 23 years, yes. Given my mom wasn't even 20 when I was born, my statement was no exaggeration.
    Great to hear that your hubby is doing better :smile: .
    Wait, were those records really made from bug poo or are you just joshing me?
    We could argue about the word "poo", but yeah, that's basically what shellac is. A quote from the wiki: "Shellac (/ʃəˈlæk/)[1] is a resin secreted by the female lac bug on trees in the forests of India and Thailand.[...] Phonograph and 78 rpm gramophone records were made of it until they were replaced by vinyl long-playing records from the 1950s onwards." Looks like 3 million people in India still live off producing that stuff, as it has many uses. The bug feeds on tree sap, and it secretes all the resin the tree throws at it to fend it off. The result are lac tubes the bugs live in.
    1280px-Kerria-lacca.jpg
    The stuff is very hard and brittle, and our record player had a stylus you could tilt left and right, so you could switch between the different needles shellac or vinyl used. Over the decades, only one of the shellac records survived, because it was so bad nobody of us ever played it more than once :lol: .
    I keep wondering lately why large eyes on sims seems to be so popular?
    Bambi, Japanese cartoons ("Big eyes, small mouths"). It triggers the care reflex.

@Brandontaylor Thanks. In your generation, Elvis is probably not known that well anymore. You know, it's always the next generation that despises the fads of the generation that came before them, and as I said, Elvis was someone who had been great and was suffering from a lot of nasty issues at the time I was aware of him, so not exactly someone who you look up to. Most of those old records we had were gifts from my mom's suitors from the time before she married (my father never bought her any :lol: ), and I think my younger brother still has her Jailhouse Rock single. But that was already a 45 and could stand much more abuse from us children :wink: .
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LBnMRWeV-E

@Emily4331 Good. You have to ride the top of the wave as long as it carries you, don't you? At least that's how I feel about it.
    Yeah, dog-like is quite fitting in some cases :lol: . I think I toned that slightly down in my edits.

Just some random pic of Hesper.
    hNWqcUD.jpg
    I think you see more of her father, Gobias Koffi, blink through when she smiles. So she better doesn't :lol: .
  • Options
    Update on my Adam and Eve challenge:

Eve has spent her last days working out as much as she could. I believe she has prolonged her life a bit, but the inevitable happened. At 106 years old, she passed away...
    y2Sd58L.jpg

Her granddaughter, Cassandra, was the one who felt more her death... I'm playing with a mod that makes negative feelings stronger so for more or less one day Cassandra was really miserable...
    NFTXhq4.jpg

Baltazar and his new wife had a baby, Cristina, his 5th child. His other kids (besides the new heir Cassandra) moved away a long time ago and kept up with their lives, thanks to nraas story progression. Baltazar has 2 grandchildren already, one of them is older than his new daughter...
    n3BsbgF.jpg

For the moment there are no new buildings in town. Cassandra is still working on her networking and writting skills to build an Office Building, and Baltazar's new wife is working on her riding skill to build an Equestrian Centre. But both of them are still a few time away from achieving their community goals...

This new baby, Cristina, is Cassandra's little sister. I previously chose Cassandra as the 3rd generation heir (through a poll here at the forum). This was way before Cristina was born. My idea is to keep Cassandra as the heir, but i don't know what to do with Cristina... Should she leave the house when of age? Should she stay as a helper and also work for the construction of a town building? She was so unexpected, so much younger than her sibblings...
  • Options
    Kind of mad at the game and myself. I saved around 8:40 last night when one Sim day had ended in the Langerak save. I then played forward until a bit after 10:00. I thought I had saved sometime between those two times, but apparently not. When I went to save to shut down for the night, the game ended up crashing so I lost a bit over an hours play time. I ended up having to delete the screenshots I took from that time, because they didn't happen now that it didn't save. It was only one day, but I made some progress that I'll have to do over again.

@Emily4331 You're welcome.

@Turjan I kind of knew about shellac records before seeing your conversation with @emorrill but did not know they were made from a insect secretion. Of course, by the time I was born, cassette tapes and CD's were the current ways to play music, but my aunt had some old records of the Beatles, and my grandmother had some Elvis ones so I did get to hear some music on a record player.
    You're welcome.
    No, he really isn't. I mean, some of my peers at least know him if they see him, and they may be able to list a few songs, but that's probably about it. I have found some people under 30 that are huge fans of his, but not many recently.
    Great picture of Hesper!

@texxx78 RIP Eve.
    Aww, poor Cassandra misses her grandmother.
    Great update!

***Thanks to all who voted in my poll. I'll let it go a bit to see if anyone else votes, but it looks like making Dwight young again is the winner so far for how to spend his 88,000 LTR points. The question that I got to figure out is if Dwight becomes young again, will I do the same for Melanie? I'll figure that out.
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    Screenshot-2.jpg
    Edward: I'd like to show you something.
    Sally: I don't know if I trust you, after that stunt last night.
    Edward: I promise! no more scarring. I swear!
    Edward takes Sally's hands, guiding her into the next room.

Screenshot-3.jpg
    Edward: Your mother mentioned you like libraries?
    Sally: :o
    Edward: I felt bad about last night. I'm sorry.

Screenshot-4.jpg
    Sally: The library is beautiful, Edward! And I'm not upset, at
    at all I swear.
    Sally nearly knocked Edward over giving him a hug.
    Sally: I'm sorry, I didn't mean to knock you over...
    Edward: ..no, that's all right!

Screenshot-5.jpg
    Edward: King Arthur, that's a romance.
    Sally: No its, not, there's a lot of fighting...
    Edward: Still, its a romance...
    Sally: Oh...music, where's that coming from?
    Edward: I don't hear anything.
    Sally got up to go investigate.Edward gently
    grabbed her hands, pulling her back, causing her to nearly trip.

Screenshot-9.jpg
    Edward: Oh, I'm sorry! Are you alright?
    Sally: Yes, I'm fine..

Screenshot-10.jpg
    -bookshelf crashes-
    Sally: ....I should got find my mother..

Screenshot-12.jpg
    Edward: I know your in here Leota....stop hiding.

Screenshot-15.jpg
    Leota: If you behaved yourself I wouldn't have to be so loud.
    young master.

Screenshot-16.jpg
    Edward: I don't know what you are up to, but you leave Sally
    alone...
    Leota: But why? She's so easy to frighten, it makes my job
    much easier.
    Edward: I mean it, I'm not against dropping that precious ball..
    don't tempt me...
    Leota: You haven't got the nerve to do it, you would have done it already.

• Options
    Langerak Family, Day 156

Wdc4SXb.jpg
    Today, the family ate some pancakes that one of them had made for breakfast.

wt8SqSK.jpg
    Most of my family had work or school to go to. Dwight is currently at level 9 of the law enforcement career, so he disguises himself quite often for work. He also got a raise so is making pretty good money. Since the poll results are looking like Dwight will be de-aged, he'll probably reach the top and then keep bringing money in for the family until he ages to elder and really does die for good. Oh, and the guy back there is a paparazzo named Jabari. I total annihilated a few of them in this save, but he hasn't been lucky yet. :naughty:

aHRVpNS.jpg
    There wasn't much to do to take care of the money tree garden except to weed. Daisy has been busy with school, so she hasn't added produce to it yet. Melanie or Ariana are the main caretakers currently.

j8bv9Rr.jpg
    Like his father and niece, Michael loves to exercise. Of course, since he'll be moving out soon, he won't reach the level of athleticism Dwight has reached.

BNz0B1Y.jpg
    Speaking of Dwight, once he finished work, I sent him back to China for 6 days to complete his LTW. He did not defeat Gao Pei on the first try, but did on the second.

p0LIWDz.jpg
    Then he had to face Adaeze, and he was finally given the title.

Ap7Y0Wq.jpg
    I decided since he finished early (only two days), he could use a bit of the time to exercise. I was going to fix his athletic wear, but changed my mind since it's likely he is going back to young adult when I decide to end the poll.

SzjsEB1.jpg
    Dwight then decided to help Michael learn some logic skill before his wedding to Irene. The family will hate to see Michael go, but the house can only hold 8 Sims without mods so for him to have children, I got to let him go.

us2lKe3.jpg
    FammIjk.jpg
    Then it was time for the wedding. However, I didn't realize I had the arch the wrong way, and the family all had to gather around in a tight space between the arch and the garage. Next time, I'm making sure it's the right way. Toaster showed up uninvited, but I also saw some Langeraks, and Octavio Goth showed up too.

ngRWf2F.jpg
    Michael and Irene were lucky enough to get some cake, but the guests and the main household were complaining. Eventually, Daisy made a quick salad and 3 of the household members had to eat it.

DYyJFB6.jpg
    9jFG8HQ.jpg
    Cori Lucas was the last one to leave the house. She vomited in the toilet, probably due to being pregnant. It still must be early in the pregnancy because she changed into maternity wear before leaving the house.
  • Options
    Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,201 Member
    Great updates everyone!

@emorrill

Good to hear he feels better now.

I did a tiny makeover of an base game sim

JLWAZ2Q.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    texxx78 wrote: »
    Hey everybody! How do your sims look so good??? Can you point me some mods/cc to make mines look good too?
    As nobody seems to bite, just a short remark: You will have to ask a specific person what they use, if you are interested. As you were writing directly after a post with some of CravenLestat's sims, the answer is even simpler in his case: no cc at all, just make use of the sliders the game gives you. You can do most things just by using them properly, and that just takes a bit of practice. Your sims aren't really looking that bad. Just avoid the zero slider sims (all sliders dead center). Those don't look "bad" per se, they just make everyone look the same.

Nice story, btw., although I wouldn't subject Sunlit Tides to snowy winters :lol: .
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,286 Member

@Brandontaylor,
    @lisasc360 Luckily I do know who the Addams Family is, as well as the Munsters. Now I got the Addams family theme stuck in my head, lol
    Wow, everything looks just like it should!
    They sure were some fun shows to watch back in the day and even still when one can find a channel that still shows the older shows like that as well as Bewitched, I Dream of Jeannie, The Partridge Family and The Monkees. And even if one didn't grow up during the time of these shows, then there was 2 Addams family movies with Raul Julia as Gomez that the younger viewers got to watch and possibly started looking for the original shows with John Astin as Gomez.
    That it does. I really think that the 2 creators for the houses did a very good job.

I was just thinking that if anyone plays the Munster family in the game and has Dragon Valley can then buy the Red Dragon and name him Spot since they do have a fire-breathing dragon that lives under the stairs. And if anyone plays the Addams family, they could buy the cow plant from the store and pretend it's Cleopatra... :smiley:

Love all of the Elvis Presley videos that you've been posting... <3
  • Options
    @Turjan thanks again! Oh the sliders... i've never explored it. I'll start to practice in some of my sims.
    When i restarted playing, i tweaked the weather a bit with tempest mod, but i only made rain less probable to happen. I completelly forgot to mess with the snow :lol: i'll have to go do that...

• Options
    edited October 2021
    lisasc360 wrote: »
    They sure were some fun shows to watch back in the day and even still when one can find a channel that still shows the older shows like that as well as Bewitched, I Dream of Jeannie, The Partridge Family and The Monkees. And even if one didn't grow up during the time of these shows, then there was 2 Addams family movies with Raul Julia as Gomez that the younger viewers got to watch and possibly started looking for the original shows with John Astin as Gomez.
    Ah yes. I know pretty much all of these shows. Anyway, I will simply abuse your post to mention that Morticia Addams was the boss of the Cronor science facility in my game. And as she was the only senior scientist (the others met an unfortunate fate at a certain expedition, and my main household of scientists from the present was laughed off the premises), we have to look at a few fledgling scientists of this world next. They all have to start somewhere.

In this episode of "Wildlife of the World" we look at a few nerds, Sims3 style, in their natural habitat. These sims were not made by me, but as I didn't recognize them, I edited them at least a bit to my liking, not to make them look more like the characters from Big Bang Theory they were based on. We slowly approach our targets in the dim depths of the local jungle science center.
    r78uqjP.jpg
    Lurking between shimmering plumbot silhouettes, we manage to spot a couple of nerds in their natural habitat, fishing. Fishing? Ah right, it's the Sims3. At least it's indoors.
    5WKCdca.jpg
    Here we have young Sheldon Cooper and Amy Farrah Fowler at the indoors pond, biding their time. They don't seem to have noticed us yet.
    s4IJUyf.jpg
    After they had gathered enough food for the day, they proceeded on to their local nest.
    FkROeTc.jpg
    Next we become witness to the mating ritual of the species.
    81mmMiV.jpg
    AEWwFDV.jpg
    Fjwuadg.jpg
    BlOYUV2.jpg
    dCY71BT.jpg
    The courtship ritual seemed to have gone well.
    Oc9aGVH.jpg
    As much as we regret it, our subjects next went to their daily hunting trip to the depths of Cronor.
    jFm2EfP.jpg
    I hope this glimpse into the life of the common nerd proved to be insightful. Until next time on this channel :smile: .
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    My new sim just made her 💕 *I also made the horse*

8cG5ebS.png

Am training her now to get her riding skills up.

I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    @CravenLestat she's gorgeous!
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Options
    Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    Bad news. Daisy had her ultrasound today, and the mass is both inside and outside of her bladder, making it inoperable. The vet also noticed thickening of some of the walls of her organs, so she thinks it's probably cancerous. Daisy is 16, so she's just going to give us pain meds to give her and then it's pretty much help her live comfortably until she physically can't anymore and, at that point, she'd have to be put down.

So, needless to say, I'm quite heartbroken. This cat is my life.
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    ScreenScreenshot-23.jpg
    Leota: Serpants and spiders, tails of a rat, call in the spirits wherever
    they're at.
    Sally: Hello? Is someone in there.-tries to peak through door-
    Leota: Creepies and Crawlies, toads in a pond let there be music
    from regions beyond.
    Sally: -wiggles door-

Screenshot-18.jpg
    Gus: Whatcha ya doing?
    Sally: Nothing...just listening...

Screenshot-19.jpg
    Gus: Boo!
    Sally: Oh not you again! go away.
    Gus: ....Edward
    Edward: One....
    Gus: Goodbye!
    Sally: You can't tell me nothing is going on here!
    Edward: You don't wanna go in the attic, its not safe in
    there.
    Sally: Why not?
    Edward: It just isn't.
    Sally: If you aren't gonna tell me, I will just find out myself through
    the library.
    Edward: If we were hiding something, why would we have that information
    in the library.
    Sally: Not your library, the town library.
    Edward; What? No, don't do that.
    Sally: Bingo, there's a book there...I know it.
    Edward: Sally...

Screenshot-22.jpg
    April: Where is she off to in such a hurry?
    Edward: to the library....

Screenshot-23.jpg
    Brian: Why hello there, you're kind of pretty! I'm Brian,
    the librarian.How can I help you?
    Sally: Oh, well that's a very nice introduction.I'm sally, I'm looking
    for a book on historical homes...One home in particular.

Screenshot-24.jpg
    Sally: Gracey Manor..
    Brian: You aren't living there are you? That place is cursed! And
    Haunted.
    Sally: I'm well aware of that, but no just temporarily stranded.

Screenshot-25.jpg
    Edward: I'm afraid this gentleman doesn't know what he's talking
    about.
    Sally: Nobody asked you.
    Brian: Check over in Aisle 5..Hey maybe I could take you out
    sometime?
    Sally: Maybe. :*

Screenshot-26.jpg
    Edward: You know, you really shouldn't be going out with
    people you just met.
    Sally: And I didn't ask for your dating advice, thank you very
    much.
    Edward: I know you didn't, but I'm giving it anyways.
    Sally: And what would you know about dating? You
    spend all your day in a grand old manor.
    Edward: Plenty...Trust me.
    Sally: Found it..
    Edward: Give me that book, Sally...
    Sally: Go home...
    Edward: Fine...but you aren't going to find much.
  • Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    @Emily4331 I'm so sorry to hear about Daisy. :cry: Gosh......that really su'cks. {{{{Hugs}}}}

Sending prayers of comfort your way. <3
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    CororonCororon Posts: 4,276 Member
    @Emily4331 *big hugs*
    cUrfGkA.gif
  • Options
    meerkattimemeerkattime Posts: 261 Member
    @Emily4331 I'm so sorry to read about your cat :'( . Hugs <3 .

@everyone I've been lurking here, reading and pressing some buttons on your updates, but haven't had the energy to write comments on them now. I've been busy playing my game though :) . I have one last hidden island to discover from Isla Paradiso, but I'm a bit reluctant to start trying to unlock it, because it requires rescueing 35 sims from drowning as a lifeguard, and I've understood that it's a very slowly progressing and kinda boring profession to play. But since I'm already this far, I guess I want to complete my island collection and will eventually get that one too :) .
    My free "tester resort" is 5 stars now regardless of the roaches I can't get rid of (I see the spawners there but can't delete them). It's probably time to buy or build another one because Sheree needs something to invest her money to.

I'm kinda enjoying the island life :blush: . I could get used to this.
    oypEpKR.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    @Emily4331 I'm so sorry to hear that about your Daisy. I can imagine that she has been a big part of your life. I hope you manage for her not to have too much pain. I'm sure you will know when it's time to let loose.

16? Same age as my Gina. My Gina never was a "nice" cat (to put it mildly), and of course she has been, relatively speaking, a much smaller part of my life, but I would still be very sad to see her go. Not that she wasn't already on the brink a few times. I can see her get weaker and weaker, so I'm more or less aware of the fact it can happen any time now. Then again, I'm older and have seen this happen already quite often. And not just cats. It were usually the nicest that were the earliest to go in the case of my own experience. It won't console you, but having sixteen years with a pet you love seems to be quite an extraordinary experience nowadays. At least that's what the vets told me. I hope you can learn to cherish what you had.

OK, that may have already been uncomfortably close to an eulogy, sorry for that. I hope the two of you can make the best of the time you still have together :smile: .
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

@Emily4331 I'm so sorry to hear that about Daisy! Sadly, we can't keep those we love with us physically forever, but we can in our hearts. Love her, scratch her ears or where ever she likes the best, help her with the pain. When it is time, you will know. ::hugs::
  • Options
    Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,201 Member
    edited October 2021
    @Emily4331

so sorry to hear the news about your cat, I never had any cat myself
    but there have been cat/dogs within the family and it is always so sad when they pass.
    hugs

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top