Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Get it out my sims Inventory

I don’t know why it drives me up a wall, but I highly dislike when my sim keeps everything in their inventory. They have very large pockets. Can we please leave the bicycle and vacuum out of the inventory. If your sim leaves it somewhere they gotta go get it. Just like you personally cleaning up plates for your sim (spoiler) you can just pick it up and place it close to your sim if it’s an issue. What I’m saying is large items like that should stay out of the sims pockets, maybe other sims want to use what your pocketing. I also enjoy seeing these items as just that - items in your home. Am I the only one that dislikes this?

Comments

• SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    I am forgiving of portable objects (a guitar, a soccer ball, a laptop) but always boggled at things like outrigger sailboats. IMO things jumped the shark when picnic tables became inventory-portable.
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    Sim pockets have always been astounding - they carry mops, a full tool set and a fishing rod.

Actually, part of the issue is that if Sims don't return things to their inventories, they tend to leave them wherever, and often in places that block their routing. The violin is the classic example - it's always getting left in the worst possible place.

Back in S3, I used to put the bicycle in my Sim's inventory and then delete the bike stand to force them to always put the bicycle in their inventory. Otherwise, they'd leave their bikes on other lots. I had to replace a lot of bicycles because I had no idea where they'd left them.

I agree that the vacuum should have its place - maybe a vacuum stand, so that they have to put it back in the right place, rather than leave it in the middle of the floor. On the other hand, for a tiny house, it's nice not to need an extra space for the vacuum.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member
    They ought to have provided a cupboard so that you could store them. You can put books from your inventory onto the bookshelves so why not vacuums in cupboards?

You could also store boggarts behind them too! 👾
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Vacuums in the inventory bother me the most because they are a household item that should be shared by all sims in a household and the fact that if we want other sims to vacuum we either have to go through the annoying process of moving the vacuum from a sims inventory or buy a family multiple vacuums is beyond stupid, it’s a very poor design.

Bikes are banned from my game until they are fixed so that sims will not ride them indoors. This is another example of bad design or programming. I think this one is more a programming issue than a design issue.
  • EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,261 EA Community Manager
    You guys clearly don't remember these:

ySikHf9.jpg

Fairly certain you could move houses carrying all of your earthly possessions in those pockets.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member
    @EA_Cade Hid their spindly legs those did! Tripped them up too and didn't last, thank goodness. :D
  • EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,261 EA Community Manager
    Simburian wrote: »
    @EA_Cade Hid their spindly legs those did! Tripped them up too and didn't last, thank goodness. :D

Fairly certain at least 75% of falls during my teenage years were directly caused by these and those oversized Etnies skate shoes with no laces. :D
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,175 Member
    @EA_Cade Well at least the butt is covered.
    ;)
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    edited October 2021
    EA_Cade wrote: »

ySikHf9.jpg

Fairly certain you could move houses carrying all of your earthly possessions in those pockets.
    It would be great if we had these pants in the game and you HAD to wear them to fit more in your inventory. 😆

ETA: Wait, is that what “defying style boundaries” is all about?
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,079 Member
    It's been a running joke since the advent of first person video games that players have Tardis' pockets.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Oh my gosh I never saw pants like that! 😭🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • ChuChuExpressChuChuExpress Posts: 3,228 Member
    Cue Baggy Trousers by the Madness.
    e6581e69b0d7d8f9e02cb1e30b50f464959bfb2a.png
    Sims 4 Family: Benjamin, Shine, Princess Roddy, Sophia and Hamish Furystrykar and Shelly Heart. Princess Roddy is my avatar, and he's a boy!
    Let those smiles spread!

They were popular in the 90's in some circles. I had several pairs of baggy pants, though mine were half the size of the ones pictured. And I totally rollerbladed into school, right into the lobby a few times. Fun times.
  • ACruelButLovingGodACruelButLovingGod Posts: 708 Member
    All of my sims were apparently Mojave Express couriers with Strength 10 plus the Strong Back and Burden to Bear perks in a former life. Gotta hand it to Doc Mitchell, none of 'em have scars on their foreheads from being shot in Goodsprings!

Or, y'know, they're video game characters, and much like Tex Avery's cartoon world where the laws of physics don't apply, the same could be said for the "law of inventory" in video gaming.
    (he/him)
    And remember this above all. Our Roman gods are watching. Make sure they are not ashamed!
    My NBA site, Pace and Space
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,293 Member
    edited October 2021
    Simburian wrote: »

Fairly certain at least 75% of falls during my teenage years were directly caused by these and those oversized Etnies skate shoes with no laces. :D

My pants were NEVER that big. The bell-bottom on one pair, however, started to flare from the knee down. :open_mouth: Did I just age myself, or what? LOL It's okay, I'm very pleased to announce I'm 66 years young.

To the OP, I've always laughed at what a Sim will pull out of their back pocket! As for keeping things in their Inventory, it can and does gets ridiculous. My Sim forgot to put the vacuum cleaner he brought with him to Uni into his inventory, and never saw it again. That's okay, he was a young Global Superstar and could afford to purchase another one for his brand new custom-made house after he graduated. But, still, someone a Britechester-U is a thief.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Missmagoo2Missmagoo2 Posts: 1,254 Member
    I'm okay with carrying useful stuff. But, I'm tired of finding days-old plates of food rotting in their pockets. WHY. The garbage can is RIGHT over there. Though, it makes sense for teens to do this. They never seem to clean up after themselves IRL. lol
    Like SJM? Like Kpop? Like Greek Mythology?
    ☆゚.*・。゚ Follow me on the gallery ☆゚.*・。゚ Origin ID: Missmagoo2
    O(≧▽≦)O

(I work with CC so make sure you check that box to see my "hidden" content!)

L'uinversSims profile: https://luniversims.fr/profile/46983-missmagoo2/
    Missmagoo2 wrote: »
    I'm okay with carrying useful stuff. But, I'm tired of finding days-old plates of food rotting in their pockets. WHY. The garbage can is RIGHT over there. Though, it makes sense for teens to do this. They never seem to clean up after themselves IRL. lol

That is incredibly annoying. If I play another household for a few days, when I come back there's always a bunch of plates of nasty food in my Sim's inventory.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,807 Member
    @EA_Cade
    Dude I think I had some of those

gen3-banner.png
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,104 Member
    Levi 501s, big enough to fit 5 people...those were the days! Fitted T-shirt and extra-large hoodie lmao to round out the look. I wore Vans, but skateboarding shoes were required. *nods*
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,887 Member
    edited October 2021

ySikHf9.jpg

I did have something similar as child and I vividly remember when they would get stuck on most random things

(worst offender was bicycles cause you could get your jeans stuck in the gears or even wheels and fall down horribly )

or even just stepping on the jeans and tripping yourself 💀

and I always be dragging some mud/dirt around because I live at countryside and the amount of dirt roads 💀

oh and yes absolutely paired with skater shoes

then came the lowrise chaos and appreciation of flashing backsides

and then came the skinny strangler jeans with no pockets and the sneakers replaced the skaters as if they never existed

then finally came the slow undoing of the jeans chaos until people tried to bring it back few times

but id like to think their attempts failed because horrors are still remembered
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,135 Member
    lisamwitt wrote: »

They were popular in the 90's in some circles. I had several pairs of baggy pants, though mine were half the size of the ones pictured. And I totally rollerbladed into school, right into the lobby a few times. Fun times.

Ah, thank you for the explanation. I've never seen those style in the 90's too but I remember the baggy pants with bags everywhere. I loved them and wore them a lot. I'm still grumbling about the declared opinion by the fashion magazines then, that baggy pant shouldn't be wore by women, because they look ugly and doesn't make you look sexy. As if I even had cared about this, they were comfortable. In the mid 90's my circle of friends we wore pants in Scottish design and 70's style cord pants and platform shoes. Also the crop tops.
  • JyotaiJyotai Posts: 505 Member
    I don’t know why it drives me up a wall, but I highly dislike when my sim keeps everything in their inventory. They have very large pockets. Can we please leave the bicycle and vacuum out of the inventory.

I really dislike having the sailboats, bicycles, and vacuums in inventory.

Things that should be out in the world... should be out in the world. Bicycles even effect the eco-rating of a lot so it seems like "one set of developers felt these are placed on the lot" and another were like "no, people keep bicycles in their wallets".

I don't use Discord because it doesn't support multiple accounts and I don't need folks at work wondering what I'm doing even on my own time. Until Discord catches up with every single other voice / video conferencing system, I limit where I use it:
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    I totally agree that pockets are tooooo big in this game. But then again, if only going the logical route, there might be a few more features to ditch. So I'll live with it and close my eyes.

Hm, picnic tables in inventory??? I did not know, thanks!
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg