Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 Things you didn't know!

Comments

• texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    texxx78 wrote: »
    I didn't know that if we delete the school in the town editor. kids and teens just don't have to go to school, without any penalization... This is so useful to play homeschooling or for historical saves...

Well, actually i found out that there is a penalization: we don't get to choose their traits when they age from kids to teens and from teens to ya...
    Not that i didn't know about it (i just never built a house from scratch in sims 3 before), but the auto-roof tool is amazing!
    edited October 2021
    I didn't know that we could find npc robbers going in or out of rabbitholes in town...
    qgAUlQB.jpg
    Anyone has any idea of what is this in the sea? It showed up just recently near the fishing spot where my sims use to fish...
    z2bnBk2.jpg
  • TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,713 Member
    Anyone has any idea of what is this in the sea?
    It's a shark. Its contours are hard to see because of the wave effect, but it's a very common sight at fishing spots.
    Turjan wrote: »
    Anyone has any idea of what is this in the sea?
    It's a shark. Its contours are hard to see because of the wave effect, but it's a very common sight at fishing spots.

Thanks @Turjan . So it isn't advisable to go swimming there, i suppose... it's just in front of my sims' home, where they usually swim in summer.
  • TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,713 Member
    @texxx78 Nah, you're fine. The fishing spot fish don't affect you.
  • KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    Turjan wrote: »
    @texxx78 Nah, you're fine. The fishing spot fish don't affect you.

Correct. Fishing sharks are harmless. Diving sharks (from Island Paradise) are the ones you have to watch out for.
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,934 Member
    edited October 2021
    Anyone has any idea of what is this in the sea? It showed up just recently near the fishing spot where my sims use to fish...
    z2bnBk2.jpg

One of the sharks that spawn in fishing spots, depending on what you can catch in the pond, what you can see changes. It's a good indicator for rare fish and when you can reel them up.

Like you can see Deathfish where you can catch them, trout, swordfish, sharks like you've seen, ect.

...Kinda looks like a flat horse though with the wave effects
    L9q8VGi.png
  • MayaRose1138MayaRose1138 Posts: 1,787 Member
    I discovered this a while ago but don’t think I’ve posted it: if you have an IF/fairy hybrid, they will still have wings while in IF form! It looks so wrong but am the same time, so cool!
    I didn't know that cats could do this to the furniture! It cost me 300 simoleons to repair it.

w57WzYf.jpg
  • CharlotteknCharlottekn Posts: 544 Member
    Probably old news, but I didn't realize Sims 1 music played in the elevators.
  • KkffooKkffoo Posts: 51 Member
    On the sims 3 launcher tab, expansions and stuff... I thought it meant you know, expansions and stuff, it means expansions and stuff packs :D
  • bookwormbeautybookwormbeauty Posts: 31 Member
    I think this is a Captain Obvious one but just recently I learned that Sims can pick up recipes by watching TV! Now it'd be cool if other things were influenced by TV shows, like maybe a sim wanting to woohoo or something because of a romantic movie they watched.
  • PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    I didn't realize that using the harvester to harvest the garden helped with fun! :)
    :) Smile!

• canitbemancanitbeman Posts: 396 Member
    Sims can be left or right handed. :open_mouth:
    in7xjb5WX7PIyv2bAPK9om-UpQ6lu50OmTOOMedFkabQlJ6WAblttI-YkjpbwbaMsZYP99rvrxYZYvusuoiZY9kgoOukGZu8miL-x4i5Vjt_4VS982WP32Goc22ldJNMZMCL6b2pKA=w2400
  • puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    I didn't realize until recently that the game wasn't kidding when it said that food and "nectar" go well together. In fact, the moodlet for a quality meal will be stronger if it's eaten while the sim has a moodlet from nectar. It's at least +10 more than usual, e.g. an outstanding meal is +45 instead of +35, from what I've seen so far.

That's my story about why my sims are drinking before breakfast, and I'm sticking to it.
  • MayaRose1138MayaRose1138 Posts: 1,787 Member
    I didn't know that teenagers who are scolded by parents or family can sit in a chair or on a couch and sulk.

And if they get a time out, they will go and stand facing the wall and occasionally wipe away the tears 😢
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,403 Member
    I didn't know that teenagers who are scolded by parents or family can sit in a chair or on a couch and sulk.

And if they get a time out, they will go and stand facing the wall and occasionally wipe away the tears 😢

"Well, that's what you get, Aiden...for calling your mother a llama..." :D:mrgreen:
    Haven't ever had that happen to my sims yet, but I'm looking for it. :D
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • jaletu2005jaletu2005 Posts: 688 Member
    I've been watching lot's of Llandros LP's and found a few things I didn't know watching him play University. You can get extra money from the Admin Bldg if you make good grades. You can also use the brain enhancement machine to get more skills. Hadn't even considered that! With that and the tablet from the store, you can max out skills pretty quick.
    Screenshot-5.jpg
  • KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    I just found out, that even with the Sentience chip, Plumbots cannot "talk to" or "feed treat" to a pet without the Robonanny chip. Wow!

They can only pet or brush, at least with the cat I have. I have not tried this with a dog.
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • StephStebStephSteb Posts: 2,271 Member
    I didn't know that your sim will "Oh, wow" react like they do in tombs to any rooms/lots decorated in World Adventures items. It's fun (and so satisfying) when they do it when they walk into a lot you spent hours creating, lol!
  • ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    Lol @Avatarit I didn’t even know that Don was short for Donald and my first language is English.

Don is also a title, so "Don Lothario" could also be a pun of sorts.

"Don, abbreviated as D., is an honorific prefix primarily used in Spain and the former Spanish Empire, Croatia, Italy, and Portugal and its former colonies. Don, and dom, is derived from the Latin Dominus: a master of a household, a title with background from the Roman Republic in classical antiquity."

"Lothario is a male given name that came to suggest an unscrupulous seducer of women, based upon a character in The Impertinent Curious Man, a story within a story in Miguel de Cervantes' 1605 novel, Don Quixote."

So literally, Master Seducer.

oops, catching up I see this topic was already covered extensively.

What I learned recently in Sims3 was that traits actually matter. Was playing Sims4 for a while and forgot what it was like to play with Sims whose traits made them seem different from one another. Not a huge discovery, more like a remembrance of why Sims3 is so much better a game.
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • MR2021MR2021 Posts: 93 Member
    edited December 2021
    What I learned recently in Sims3 was that traits actually matter. Was playing Sims4 for a while and forgot what it was like to play with Sims whose traits made them seem different from one another. Not a huge discovery, more like a remembrance of why Sims3 is so much better a game.

It's been a long time since I posted anything on this forum, but I had to log in just to make a reply: I agree with you 1000%. I'm not saying that The Sims 4 it's a completely waste of time and money: it does have some merits (the graphics, the build mode, the emotions system, spellcasters' skills, among some other things), but The Sims 3 indeed blows it out of the water. Actually, were it not for the several bugs, glitches and crashes, it could easily be one of my favorite games of all time (and I've played many haha). In some ways, I think it is all the same.

Anyway, since this is a thread about "things you didn't know", here's another contribution: I didn't know it could snow in Isla Paradiso. Since it seems to be a tropical island (more like an archipelago), I always thought that the winter would not be as harsh as in every other town. But maybe it is necessary to make seasonal festivals and some hidden skills (like snowball fighting) viable. Therefore, the only neighborhoods not affected by the weather system are the World Adventures worlds.
    Post edited by MR2021 on
    "If any one faculty of our nature may be called more wonderful than the rest, I do think it is memory … The memory is sometimes so retentive, so serviceable, so obedient; at others, so bewildered and so weak; and at others again, so tyrannic, so beyond control!" Jane Austen, Mansfield Park
  • CharlotteknCharlottekn Posts: 544 Member
    When you use a conversion spell on an item and it turns into a fish, that fish will have a name. I now have a snail named Staci.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top