Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Liu Legacy

jheyjuneicejheyjuneice Posts: 335 Member
IC10p4u.png

Welcome to my (ahem, 3rd) attempt at the random legacy challenge. The random legacy challenge is a challenge in which you roll random parameters and goals to complete per generation. I'm determined to finish all 10 generations this time so let's goooo.

mVBkhhF.png
Hailing from Shang Simla, Genesis Liu arrived to Aurora Skies with nothing but dreams of working at their renowned science lab and winning their global chess tournament. On only her first day there she meets the attractive star athlete Adam Birch and instantly feels a connection but is the calling love or trouble?

Chapter 1.1
Chapter 1.2

(I suggest reading both chapters together, I will merge them eventually.)

Stats
Traits: Dramatic, Natural Cook, Genius, Loves the heat, Ambitious
Favourite Music: Songwriter
Favourite Colour: Red
Favourite Food: Dim Sum
Goals
Lifetime Wish: Chess Legend (Achieved)
Marital Goal: Single
Children: 1/1 (Aurelio Liu)
Career: Science
Generational Goal: Fulfilled – Must complete Lifetime Wish. Cannot cancel any promised wishes. (Achieved)
Misc. Goal: No Strangers – Cannot call any service sims.
6Y6GB8R.png
Post edited by jheyjuneice on

Comments

• Options
    5WBG0sn.png
    Things seems to be blossoming between Genesis and Adam but why hadn't she ever seen his place? How come he always goes to her house? Intending to spark more romance, Genesis tries something new only to end up exactly where she was trying to get out of.

Chapter 1.3
    6Y6GB8R.png
  • Options
    nS7wdsk.png
    Genesis is pregnant! Convinced that Adam will be overjoyed and they can start a family together, Genesis heads to Adam's house for the first time to deliver the news only to discover a nasty surprise.

Chapter 1.4
    6Y6GB8R.png
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    So in this generation I rolled the parameters 'Single Parent' and 'No help from strangers' which meant no babysitters. It was pretty tough! Times like that made me wish the game was more friendly for parents that live in separate households but oh well, I did it kind of lol

uwlqrur.png
    Determined to raise her son alone, Genesis embraces being a single mother. She soon discovers just how difficult it can be with no help at all.

Chapter 1.5

bNISCJG.png
    Genesis struggles with loneliness as she is shut in all day raising her son and training. She seeks friendship in a chess opponent. Genesis and Aurelio are let down by his father yet again.

Chapter 1.6
    6Y6GB8R.png
  • Options
    3315HnV.png
    Aurelio heads off to boarding school leaving Genesis with a lot of free time on her hands. Finally after all these years she tries to start dating again with no luck. When Aurelio returns, she quickly shelves the idea of seeing someone to focus on being a single mum again.

Chapter 1.7

ckVDViU.png
    Having never met his father, Aurelio gets a surprise when an innocent outing with friends introduces him to a secret sibling he never knew he had.

Chapter 1.8
    6Y6GB8R.png
  • Options
    KhQZ5Rm.png
    A dusty old lamp gives Genesis a new opportunity. Aurelio has a rocky start with his crush Christy. Genesis throws a Spooky Day party.

Chapter 1.9

0PjSD70.png
    It's Aurelio's 18th birthday and Genesis throws a massive bash. Aurelio finally meets and confronts his absent father in an explosive argument. Genesis reflects on her life in Aurora Skies.

Generation 1Finale

Phew, that was such an emotional generation 1. I completed all of the goals which was completing her lifetime wish (Chess Legend). Will post generation 2 soon!
    6Y6GB8R.png
  • Options
    PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    @jheyjuneice: Great start.
    :) Smile!

• Options
    BlackSandBlackSand Posts: 2,074 Member
    Hey @jheyjuneice ... Nice Start.
    Reading the last part where she was reflecting on her decisions made me think of this song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDMOP5wMqTc

Enjoyed the story so far.
    Happy Simming!

I eat pickles on my hamburgers ... MWWAHAHAHAHA
  • Options
    @Puddinroy thank you :)

@BlackSand thank you and ahahaha that song fits perfectly!
    6Y6GB8R.png
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Generation 2 - Aurelio Liu

l9XNWlr.png
    With only ever having his mother's support behind him, Aurelio wants to make her proud by immediately leaping into a good career. Unfortunately, a lack of job opportunities forces him to take a less-than-desirable job. Aurelio and Rebeca continue to fuel the spark growing between them.

Chapter 2.1

Stats
    Traits: Diva, Snob, Loves the outdoors, Bookworm, Genius
    Favourite Music: Indie
    Favourite Colour: Red
    Favourite Food: Mac and cheese
    Lifetime Wish: Leader of the Free World

Goals
    Marital Goal: Couple (Achieved, married)
    Children Goal: 2/2 (Elsie Liu, Kristofer Liu)
    Career: Culinary, Political (Completed, level 10)
    Generational Goal: Perfect Careers – All adults must reach max. level in their career and max. all skills required for the career. (Achieved)
    Misc. Goal: Hands Off – Cannot use mouse to drag laundry, trash or dishes. Sim must do it themselves.
    6Y6GB8R.png
  • Options
    S72ydvL.png
    Aurelio and Rebeca enter a new relationship but it quickly fast tracks when Rebeca becomes pregnant. With a new family member on teh way, Aurelio becomes impatient with his lack of career progress.

Chapter 2.2

UB9RIgV.png
    The birth of Elsie rushes up the wedding and Aurelio and Rebeca tie the knot. Rebeca asks for another baby and Aurelio finally meets his mother-in-law.

Chapter 2.3
    6Y6GB8R.png
  • Options
    6ErTHrz.png
    Aurelio continues to struggle with finding work in Aurora Skies and so uproots the entire family to find work elsewhere. Rebeca gives birth to their second child and Elsie finds her feet immediately in their new town.

Chapter 2.4

uMVqe36.png
    Rebeca struggles with being middle-aged. Aurelio attempts to create a social life for the two to break up routine. Elsie starts her first day of school.

Chapter 2.5
    6Y6GB8R.png
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Gb3lBr3.png

Aurelio's desperation to hold on to his youth pushes him to risky behaviour, threatening the sanctity of his marriage. Elsie becomes rebellious as she choose her social life and boys over her education.

Chapter 2.6
    RaxBXa9.png

Aurelio and Rebeca's relationship hit rocky waters as Aurelio's ongoing midlife crisis makes him question his marriage. Meanwhile, Elsie's pursuit of boys creates tensions with her friends.
    Chapter 2.7
    6Y6GB8R.png
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    V2Bl1KC.png
    Exploring her options, Elsie goes on dates with Scott and Emmit, learning more about Emmit in the process. The family finally visits their grandmother's home town though it doesn't go as planned. Aurelio, tired of his workaholic lifestyle, grants Elsie her wish of going on a beach vacation where he questions his career choices.
    Chapter 2.8

As Elsie graduates, Aurelio reflects on his life, career and performance as a parent.
    Gernation 2 Finale

Probably the most emotionally invested I've been in a legacy haha I'm so attached to this family now. Let's appreciate how Genesis is still kicking! She's 120 (typical age is 90 in my game). Girl is sticking around for her grandkids.
    6Y6GB8R.png
  • Options
    BlackSandBlackSand Posts: 2,074 Member
    @jheyjuneice ... Great Legacy Updates!

From the outside, looking in. I think Aurelio internalizes things quite a bit.
    He and Rebecca seem to have difficulties, but it may not be as complicated as it seems.
    They both very much have their own lives, outside of the one they share.

Some of the complications may be the result of what they think,
    verses what they actually experience when they take the time to just spend time with each other.

Elsie has matured nicely, and I loved the scene outside the diner.
    Perhaps Genesis could take a moment to put her son's mind at as ease.
    "Stop beating yourself up.
    You did it, and no matter what anyone thinks,
    the end product is charming and well prepared for life.

That's your job, what you do for work is what pays for it all."
    ... B)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcvXr-9XtgA

... Life's like an hourglass, glued to the table ...

Again, Nice Updates and Have a Lovely Day.
    Happy Simming!

I eat pickles on my hamburgers ... MWWAHAHAHAHA
  • Options
    @BlackSand Thanks, I love your take and I agree! Aurelio definitely internalised everything that happened with his parents and it really affected him.

I feel like deep down Aurelio wasn't completely happy. Rebeca would always want to hug, kiss and woohoo her husband, almost everyday but Aurelio only ever wanted to woohoo her every now and again. He actually wanted to divorce Rebeca during his crisis. It didn't help that they were both focused on their careers so much and that Rebeca is a loner. She stayed home all the time and didn't have any friends beside her family.
    6Y6GB8R.png
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Generation 3 - Elsie Liu

W8gKJaC.png

Growing up with two workaholic parents who provided everything yet left her to her own devices, Elsie tries to pursue love with two men she has strong feelings for but is unlucky as they cast her aside for other women.

Chapter 3.1

Stats
    Traits: Grumpy, athletic, slob, clumsy, light sleeper
    Favourite Music: Beach party
    Favourite Colour: Pink
    Favourite Food: Cobbler
    Lifetime Wish: Physical Perfection

Goals
    Marital Goal: Single parent with help
    Children Goal: 1
    Career: Dayecare, Professional Sports
    Generational Goal: Career Student (The Dilettante) - Must take 10 classes.
    Misc. Goal: Gourmet - Must cook the favourite meal of all active household members at least once.

6Y6GB8R.png
  • Options
    Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,201 Member
    I have enjoyed this legacy, pretty sims,
    and interesting story great job.
  • Options
    @Silverofdreams30 thank you!
    edwlwpw.png
    Tragedy strikes the Liu household when matriarch Genesis passes away. Elsie continues to pursue both men until she finally lands one. Kristofer hops between relationships.

Chapter 3.2

iTii3eZ.png
    Falling prey to her feelings, Elsie finds herself in hot water when she discovers that she's pregnant after being with both guys. Kristoff finally settles down and gets engaged. Rebeca and Elsie come to blows over Elsie's pregnancy and bad decisions.

Chapter 3.3
    6Y6GB8R.png
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    7B135nB.png
    After being cooped up in the house for months on end, Elsie finally goes out and finds out what's been going on without her. When Rebeca's untimely death falls upon the household, Elsie decides it's finally time to tell the truth.

Chapter 3.4

Trying to do the right thing, Elsie defends her brother when she catches on to his husband flirting with her. Clara grows into a young girl and demands more time with both her parents. Elsie fights her feelings for Scott with all the time they start spending together.

Chapter 3.5
    6Y6GB8R.png
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    I've been pretty ill lately so I haven't been able to play much :( I have only half of Chapter 7 in my drafts.
    KYcJ7dG.png
    Elsie and Scott start to rekindle their relationship though not fast enough for Elsie. Tragedy strikes at Clara's first ever birthday party and Elsie finds out what her dear friend Carol has been up to this entire time.
    Chapter 3.6
    6Y6GB8R.png
  • Options
    yjPz59W.png
    After years of waiting, Elsie finally gets what she's always dreamed of when Scott proposes. Clara struggles with what to do with her life and starts with a little big change.

Chapter 3.7
    6Y6GB8R.png
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    VSN5G58.png
    Kristofer and Jermaine celebrate their anniversary prompting Elsie to make a huge decision to move the entire family. Now living in Aurora Skies for the first time in years, Elsie learns more about her family bringing her closer to them than ever.

Generation 3 Finale

Elsie's line was so unfortunate. Three deaths! This is the furthest I've been in a legacy challenge and I'm so determined to finish it. I'm really loving the family and enjoying myself. Also really grateful for NRAAS Porter which made it so I could retain the family tree when they moved!
    6Y6GB8R.png
  • Options
    So unfortunately my Aurora Skies save isn't working. It just crashes after 30 seconds and I couldn't fix it so I had to just restore my original Hidden Springs save. Sucks :(
    bd33KjY.png

After planning the family reunion, Clara finally discovers something she thinks she’s good at. With family inspiring her maternal desire, Clara moves out to set off on building a family of her own.

Chapter 4.1
    6Y6GB8R.png
  • Options
    PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    @jheyjuneice: Sorry that your Aurora Skies save got corrupted. Clara is really pretty.
    :) Smile!

• Options
    @Puddinroy thanks :)
    6Y6GB8R.png