Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Multiplayer

temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member
edited October 2021 in Off Topic Chat
if the Sims ended up making Sims 5 a multiplayer game what would you want from it, personally for me Occults are an absolute must even for a multiplayer Sims game.
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,104 Member
    That multiplayer be something I have to go out of my way to connect to, and outside of my single-player game.
  • temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member
    That multiplayer be something I have to go out of my way to connect to, and outside of my single-player game.

most definitely.
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I'll first state that I don't want multiplayer because they can (and most likely will) screw it up in a number of ways. However, the least threatening form of multiplayer requires:

1) Single player being an offline mode
    2) Multiplayer being co-op focused (not MMO)
    3) Official servers not mandatory (so private server/LAN options)
    4) Separate balancing patches, depending on the scope (an MP exploit with a couch should not then require single player couch movement to be limited, for example or similar economy regulation)
    5) Single player should not be monetized like a live service MMO or be damaged by those economics, including by neglect
    6) Official cheating should remain, though not on official MP servers
    7) No anticheat software (I don't run battleeye for Ark or Conan, and I am not running it for the Sims)
    8) Mod support/Official Infrasture (MP could so easily be the death of all this if done wrong. Check out what Rockstar has been doing lately. I forgot how hostile they were to modders. Honestly, look at Rockstar in general. Neglected single player games and cash cow MMOs. I specifically do not want a Rockstar dichotomy.)

Even with all this, and I am sure I am missing stuff I've pointed out in other posts, there could be some maliciousness still available. I just cannot trust a single player game trying to convert to MP. It doesn't typically seem to end well and I hate MMOs, so even the friendliest MMO would put me off. I cannot see the Sims finally go MP and not try to make it huge instead of some normal co-op like I used to have in the old console ports (which was fun back in the day for my brother and I to each control a Sim on the PS2).
  • temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member
    Calico45 wrote: »
    I'll first state that I don't want multiplayer because they can (and most likely will) screw it up in a number of ways. However, the least threatening form of multiplayer requires:

1) Single player being an offline mode
    2) Multiplayer being co-op focused (not MMO)
    3) Official servers not mandatory (so private server/LAN options)
    4) Separate balancing patches, depending on the scope (an MP exploit with a couch should not then require single player couch movement to be limited, for example or similar economy regulation)
    5) Single player should not be monetized like a live service MMO or be damaged by those economics, including by neglect
    6) Official cheating should remain, though not on official MP servers
    7) No anticheat software (I don't run battleeye for Ark or Conan, and I am not running it for the Sims)
    8) Mod support/Official Infrasture (MP could so easily be the death of all this if done wrong. Check out what Rockstar has been doing lately. I forgot how hostile they were to modders. Honestly, look at Rockstar in general. Neglected single player games and cash cow MMOs. I specifically do not want a Rockstar dichotomy.)

Even with all this, and I am sure I am missing stuff I've pointed out in other posts, there could be some maliciousness still available. I just cannot trust a single player game trying to convert to MP. It doesn't typically seem to end well and I hate MMOs, so even the friendliest MMO would put me off. I cannot see the Sims finally go MP and not try to make it huge instead of some normal co-op like I used to have in the old console ports (which was fun back in the day for my brother and I to each control a Sim on the PS2).

exactly besides live service is stupid marketing anyways, look how well that awful avengers game is doing.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    Bunny ears and fluffy tail accessories and bunny slippers. :lol:
  • redrogue60redrogue60 Posts: 2,050 Member
    I dont want it to be multiplayer and wouldn't play it if it became so
    “All mushrooms are edible, but some only once.” Terry Pratchett
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    I want it to be safe more than anything.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • elinnnstarelinnnstar Posts: 36 Member
    It would be really cool if they added multiplayer but still, that would kinda make sims not like the sims if that makes sense. Maybe there could be an option to connect to a multiplayer world were you can chat with others and so on
  • dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    No, no, a million times no. I don‘t want anything multiplayer.
  • AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,026 Member
    For it to stay very far away from me. I am not a people person.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,888 Member
    edited October 2021
    redrogue60 wrote: »
    I dont want it to be multiplayer and wouldn't play it if it became so
    For it to stay very far away from me. I am not a people person.

seconded.
    I guess I would once attend to stage a vlad mob event :lol:

but I don't see myself enjoying the game if its mostly about multiplayer cause its just bit too many kids in my sandbox

and i prefer to have my own private sandbox

I guess I wouldn't be against friends chat feature or common chatroom lot if it could be toggled off but eh.
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free