Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you use the gender-specific doors ?

LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,176 Member
Hi,

Do you use these doors ?

(One side allows a specific gender pass and the other side allows all the sims pass)

sims-411.png

Do you use the gender-specific doors ? 249 votes

Yes
52%
auroraael14CK213Kita5399Sara1010PMstybl95GalacticGaldjacquelynstewalexspoom13IceyJCelticgamer0Monet11Annie2008PlayerSinger2010AlrynnIsb917grannyfay08elanorbretonCaitxcatncisGibbs02Anmirla 130 votes
No
46%
crocobauraGoth583IcewolfLaBlue0314OolonglongrudolphalisamwittIllandryaSimburianCorkysPetalsamjoieSusanaLeoteBloosmoobabajaynehaneulBeardedgeekBoergeAarg61simgirl1010freindlylolfriendlysimmers 115 votes
Of course, as a one-way door… It's a trap.
1%
LeGardePourpreWaytoomanyUIDsLiELFMetior_Ice 4 votes

Comments

• LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    edited October 2021
    Yes
    I've used a mixture of both for my restrooms and locker rooms. Sometimes I'll just have a gender neutral restroom. Sometimes I'll have a male and female. Sometimes I'll have all three.

It really just depends on the type of venue, size of the lot, etc. Basically, whatever I can manage to fit.

However, I've also based it on location as well. For example, Del Sol Valley is basically Hollywood/Los Angeles, so I view it as a more progressive type of world, so gender neutral restrooms would be more common. Meanwhile, a place like Strangerville reminds me of a more conservative rural area in a place like New Mexico or Arizona, so I generally have separate restrooms for male and female Sims.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    edited October 2021
    No
    I might leave them if they come in a build I download from the gallery. Unless I renovate the place significantly, that is, in which case they get replaced with unisex doors. If I'm building it myself, I always use unisex. Edit: I'm referring to public venues only in this case. I always give Residential or other private venues unmarked doors.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    No
    I rarely build commercial but I appreciate unisex doors on lots I visit just because it’s a pain to put the walls up just to find which bathroom to use. I also don’t want to wait for someone to finish using a toilet if there’s a perfectly usable one nearby.
  • CaitxcatCaitxcat Posts: 680 Member
    Yes
    Not sure how to answer this question since I never really build and I always download or use the default commubuty lots and leave the doors as is. When I do put doors in places I just use regular doors not separate gender, would be strange to put it in a residential lot. But if it's in the build already I don't change them.
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,104 Member
    No
    I did when I first got Sims 4, but I don't anymore - unisex is just way easier to deal with. I leave the ones already on lots there unless I reno the space. Otherwise, just normal interior doors are used.
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    Yes
    I dont typically build in TS4, i always download lots. But in TS2 for community lots I always use gender specific bathrooms. .
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    No
    No, For practical reasons I don't use them and eventually take them out if I find them in a build. I often have the camera zoomed out (motion sickness issues) so I can't see the gendered doors well enough which makes them a bit of a nuisance.
  • ACruelButLovingGodACruelButLovingGod Posts: 708 Member
    Yes
    Depends on the venue. For buildings that have an "older" look to them or were inspired by the suburban Boston buildings of my youth, like bowling alleys, bars, and the like, I'll use gender-specific bathroom doors, but for something like a coffee shop, I take my cue from my local Starbucks (realizing as I write this that I'm a traitor to my heritage for not making them more like Dunkin Donuts...what have you done to me, Seattle?!) and make the bathrooms unisex.
    (he/him)
    And remember this above all. Our Roman gods are watching. Make sure they are not ashamed!
    My NBA site, Pace and Space
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,176 Member
    Of course, as a one-way door… It's a trap.
    The sims who enter in the vampire lair can't escape.
  • dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    Yes
    All the time
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,823 Member
    No
    Unisex doors all the way. I'll quickly pop into build mode to fix it if I have to.

I find it annoying to be playing on a community lot and the bathrooms are divided. I was very happy when they patched in the unisex door years ago. Normal doors work too of course depending on the style of the build.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 705 Member
    Yes
    Yes, but not very often. Depends on the build.
  • ChuChuExpressChuChuExpress Posts: 3,228 Member
    Yes
    If I'm building a new lot, like say, a lounge, I would include a male, female and unisex restroom.
    e6581e69b0d7d8f9e02cb1e30b50f464959bfb2a.png
    Sims 4 Family: Benjamin, Shine, Princess Roddy, Sophia and Hamish Furystrykar and Shelly Heart. Princess Roddy is my avatar, and he's a boy!
    Let those smiles spread!
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    No
    No. I have never used a single-sex door in my game.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,175 Member
    No
    I won't say I've never used them, but I use the gender neutral doors much more often. It's really only gyms, spas and pools that get them, other venues I mostly give regular doors for the bathrooms.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Goth583Goth583 Posts: 1,203 Member
    No
    The only ones in my game are there because the builder put them there when they were uploaded to the Gallery.
    https://originalsimmer.blogspot.com - Check out my current TS4 Legacy!
  • haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    Yes
    I think I still have a couple of changing rooms and restrooms with those doors. At some point I went and changed most of them to unisex (I hate it when I pick the wrong toilet and then my sim can't go because the door blocks them), but kept some or downloaded builds with them later on. It depends on the style and size of the community lot.
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    edited October 2021
    No
    When I have to go I have to go! It's easier for the 'go' when the doors are unisex.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,886 Member
    edited October 2021
    Yes
    most of the time yes when its public venue and I have room for more than one toilet

even if sims use toilets the same so like technically makes no sense

but maybe its due to my mom having worked at gas station next to industrial area and having told me the horror stories of male bathrooms and the unique ways to use them 🤢

so I've never felt very comfortable sharing toilet experience with opposite gender
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • SkyrryxSkyrryx Posts: 201 Member
    Yes
    I only use unisex doors when I build on a small community lot.
    Thank you @83bienchen for modding the game. Whims Overhaul is essential for my gameplay.
  • Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 888 Member
    Yes
    Well, sometimes I do. If the build is large enough to have two bathrooms then yes, if not I will use a unisex option.
  • WritingAndSimmingWritingAndSimming Posts: 21 Member
    No
    Nope.
    I have a few trans sims, and I can't change their gender to let them use the correct bathroom without using cas.fulleditmode (and that's just tedious, since it changes other things).
    I also just don't like having to put walls up to make sure my sim can actually go in there.
    I always just put unisex bathrooms everywhere.
  • ClousinatorsClousinators Posts: 586 Member
    I somehow didn't realize their was a difference, do the sims actually go into the correct door??
  • KathMHughesKathMHughes Posts: 439 Member
    Yes
    I typically use unisex, but sometimes the context of the build makes sense.

I was trying to build a gay bar to recruit potential boyfriends for my sim, so I used the men's door as the front door. It didn't work. Only women showed up, and had a dance party outside. My gay sim is still single.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited October 2021
    No
    Never, ever. I replace them whenever they're in a lot. Completely aside from any social reasons it's just annoying having to check which is the right bathroom or have them waving their hands around