Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    EVxjqb3.png
    Attention Master Entrants for #152 - Home Sweet Office

Your results are now available here

3gHHX7s.png
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • ellejoynerellejoyner Posts: 25 Member
    [quote="BuildnShare;c-17987209"][img]https://i.imgur.com/gngvBbk.png[/img]

It’s time for the Fall Designer Showdown! This one is going to be a little bit of a puzzle - but you only get one of the pieces! You will have to design the rest yourself.
    Twelve unfinished living rooms have been designed and uploaded onto the gallery. Your task is to choose one of these living rooms and design an entire house to go with it. You can place the room on any size lot in any world.
    The lot with the rooms can be found by searching for Fall Designer Showdown 2021, #bns154 or #Fall2021 on the gallery.

The Brief:

You can change the size, shape and layout of the room.
    You can change all color swatches.
    You can change the size, position and number of windows and lights. The one thing you can’t change is the style of the room, so if you choose to replace something, it must be with something else of the same style. (Don't replace all furniture, keep at least one original object. This rule can be overridden by Note 2. For example, you want to do an Industrial style build but the room is empty.)
    The completed house needs at least two bedrooms and one bathroom, a living room kitchen/dining, and any other spaces you decide toad, budget permitting.
    Landscaping is important and must match the style of the house.
    Budget: 150,000

Note 1: If your chosen style has missing objects because you don’t have the pack, don’t worry about it. Pick something of the same style to replace it.
    Note 2: Storybook is a real architectural style, examples can be found here: 57 plans found! (architecturaldesigns.com)
    Note 3: Boho is more about decor than architecture, so pick a style you think it will work well with. [/quote]

Little fuzzy on the rules for this one. Does the entire build need to be within the parameters of the design aesthetic, or can we utilize pieces that might fall under other styles so long as the majority is within the chosen style? For instance, if I were to choose farmhouse, can I only use things that come up when I click farmhouse in the filter, or am I able to use other pieces that might fit the style but aren't labeled that way??
    ellejoyner wrote: »
    gngvBbk.png

It’s time for the Fall Designer Showdown! This one is going to be a little bit of a puzzle - but you only get one of the pieces! You will have to design the rest yourself.
    Twelve unfinished living rooms have been designed and uploaded onto the gallery. Your task is to choose one of these living rooms and design an entire house to go with it. You can place the room on any size lot in any world.
    The lot with the rooms can be found by searching for Fall Designer Showdown 2021, #bns154 or #Fall2021 on the gallery.

The Brief:

You can change the size, shape and layout of the room.
    You can change all color swatches.
    You can change the size, position and number of windows and lights. The one thing you can’t change is the style of the room, so if you choose to replace something, it must be with something else of the same style. (Don't replace all furniture, keep at least one original object. This rule can be overridden by Note 2. For example, you want to do an Industrial style build but the room is empty.)
    The completed house needs at least two bedrooms and one bathroom, a living room kitchen/dining, and any other spaces you decide toad, budget permitting.
    Landscaping is important and must match the style of the house.
    Budget: 150,000

Note 1: If your chosen style has missing objects because you don’t have the pack, don’t worry about it. Pick something of the same style to replace it.
    Note 2: Storybook is a real architectural style, examples can be found here: 57 plans found! (architecturaldesigns.com)
    Note 3: Boho is more about decor than architecture, so pick a style you think it will work well with.

Little fuzzy on the rules for this one. Does the entire build need to be within the parameters of the design aesthetic, or can we utilize pieces that might fall under other styles so long as the majority is within the chosen style? For instance, if I were to choose farmhouse, can I only use things that come up when I click farmhouse in the filter, or am I able to use other pieces that might fit the style but aren't labeled that way??

If you see other pieces you think will fit, go ahead and use them. :) We know not all the filters have that many options.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited October 2021
    CHALLENGE #154 - Fall Designer Showdown [INDUSTRIAL ROOM]
    FORUM ID: ellejoyner
    ORIGIN ID: ellejoyner
    LEVEL: Starting out? [not really sure haha]
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Fountainview Penthouse in San Myshuno
    NEW LOT LINK: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/A89875F9254411EC857B2E638F0580EA?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=ellejoyner&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: $13000
    GALLERY COST: $136831
    TOTAL COST: $149831
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/t9kxnd1
    ENTRY DETAILS: A classic industrial loft, complete with two bedrooms and two full bathrooms.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Sure
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No custom content, but NoCC artwork from the gallery is by Bibabelula45, Cocosims2205 and Catatron16. I also used T.O.O.L. and BetterBuildBuy, by TwistedMexi. As well, items from the hidden objects and debug menu were utilized.

SPACE FOR PICTURES: (Only a maximum of two per entry, please) https://i.imgur.com/NlsF4xw.png https://i.imgur.com/UHT8ayS.png
    Post edited by ellejoyner on
    > @Allears said:
    > Welcome to the forum, and the challenge @ellejoyner. As a new member, you aren't able to post pictures yet, but once you have a few more posts you'll be able to. In the meantime, here's your entry with the links.

Just realized I never thanked you properly for posting my links! Greatly appreciated :-D
    Reposting for links
    CHALLENGE #154 - Fall Designer Showdown [INDUSTRIAL ROOM]
    FORUM ID: ellejoyner
    ORIGIN ID: ellejoyner
    LEVEL: Starting out? [not really sure haha]
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Fountainview Penthouse in San Myshuno
    NEW LOT LINK: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/A89875F9254411EC857B2E638F0580EA?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=ellejoyner&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: $13000
    GALLERY COST: $136831
    TOTAL COST: $149831
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/t9kxnd1
    ENTRY DETAILS: A classic industrial loft, complete with two bedrooms and two full bathrooms.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Sure
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No custom content, but NoCC artwork from the gallery is by Bibabelula45, Cocosims2205 and Catatron16. I also used T.O.O.L. and BetterBuildBuy, by TwistedMexi. As well, items from the hidden objects and debug menu were utilized.

SPACE FOR PICTURES: (Only a maximum of two per entry, please) https://i.imgur.com/NlsF4xw.png https://i.imgur.com/UHT8ayS.png

GArBA5W.jpg
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,210 Member
    > @Allears said:
    > Welcome to the forum, and the challenge @ellejoyner. As a new member, you aren't able to post pictures yet, but once you have a few more posts you'll be able to. In the meantime, here's your entry with the links.

Just realized I never thanked you properly for posting my links! Greatly appreciated :-D

It'll help if you include captions for your screenshots. :) Also your slideshow is misisn g top down and layout views.
    image.png
    SimTresa wrote: »

It'll help if you include captions for your screenshots. :) Also your slideshow is misisn g top down and layout views.

Haha yeah, I usually caption after I rearrange the gallery - I just had to run out, so I didn't get a chance to do that, yet. But I'm not sure what you mean by missing top downs? I believe I included one for each floor?
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,210 Member

Haha yeah, I usually caption after I rearrange the gallery - I just had to run out, so I didn't get a chance to do that, yet. But I'm not sure what you mean by missing top downs? I believe I included one for each floor?

Sorry, I must have missed them somehow.
    image.png

Sorry, I must have missed them somehow.

All good! I know imgur sometimes doesn't load everything! Appreciate the heads up to check :-D
  • icanhassimsicanhassims Posts: 790 Member
    edited October 2021
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE – 154: Fall Designer Showdown

FORUM ID: @icanhasims
    ORIGIN ID: icanhassims
    LEVEL: Established
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Cordelia’s Secret Cottage in Henford-on-Bagley
    NEW LOT LINK: Victorian Home & Garden
    LOT COST: 1,925
    GALLERY COST: 136,491
    TOTAL COST: 138,416
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://icanhassims.weebly.com/154-fall-designer-showdown.html
    ENTRY DETAILS: I decided to go with the Queen Anne style and gear it toward a Victorian woman (Sara Wilchester) who loves to garden. There is a large greenhouse on the side of the home where Sara can garden to her heart’s delight. She can then transplant any flowers she grows to her romantic garden side yard, complete with pond inhabited by swan. The actual front of the home is to the side with a wrap-around porch to the front of the building.
    There is also Victorian era entertainment available, including cross stitch, knitting, and the grand piano. In addition to the formal dining room, there is also a small nook in the kitchen for casual dining. The upstairs boasts a Grand Bathroom with large tub platform in which to soak in the views and the bubbles! The Master Bedroom and attached bath are the perfect size for a lady of the age to sit and read, prepare her clothing and make-up, and take herself in with the floor length mirror. Also, due it to being the Victorian age (if we ignore the TV and computer), there was an obsession with the paranormal at the time, and so the guest bedroom was turned into a dual purpose séance room. The guest bedroom also leads to a wrap-around balcony on the second floor.
    I also created Sara Wilchester so that she could make the cross stitch hangings in the hallway near the stairs. As hostess to this viewing, she is presented cross stitching in a few photos and a display of her attributes and style are available on the slideshow webpage.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Sure!
    PICTURES:
    10-05-21-2-38-13-pm_orig.png
    10-05-21-2-26-21-pm_orig.png
    Get 25% off with the code: SIMS4FORUMS My Sims 4 Portfolio
  • Archer_GirlArcher_Girl Posts: 218 Member

@icanhassims - that is precious! Love it and can't wait to get it into my game.
  • icanhassimsicanhassims Posts: 790 Member
    Thank you so much @Archer_Girl! <3
    Get 25% off with the code: SIMS4FORUMS My Sims 4 Portfolio
  • Jazmi1396Jazmi1396 Posts: 116 Member
    edited October 2021
    CHALLENGE – 154: Fall Designer Showdown
    FORUM ID: Jazmi1396
    ORIGIN ID: Jazmilia
    LEVEL: Expert
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Rock Ridge Canyon, Glimmerbrook
    NEW LOT LINK: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/5239DD74294911EC8BEF2E2CE62140A4?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=Jazmi1396&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: 4,000
    GALLERY COST: 145,969
    TOTAL COST: 149,969
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/0WubBwK
    ENTRY DETAILS: Since this is the fall challenge, I choose the industrial style, because I love it and I can easily imagine it in fall colors. However, this time I didn’t want to build it in the usual urban environment, I imagined a lot of autumn trees around the house. It became a two-storey, 2-bedroom, 3-bathroom house surrounded by a small pond. There are also terraces and a barbecue area. The living room is quite large, here I tried the industrial style with red color. The truth is, I would love to live here too. :)

Pictures:
    4Z2iCZf.png
    ocqNT4j.png
    Post edited by Jazmi1396 on

@Jazmi1396 - This is wonderful! I love the kitchen with the island dining and you obviously put a lot of work into the landscaping and terrain painting. Well done!
  • AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,649 Member
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #154 - Fall Designer Showdown
    FORUM ID: AlJay
    ORIGIN ID: AlJay2000
    LEVEL: Master
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Cacti Casa in Oasis Springs
    NEW LOT LINK: Mid Century Modern Family
    LOT COST: $3,500.00
    GALLERY COST: $126,358.00
    TOTAL COST: $129,858.00
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: BnS #154 - Fall Designer Showdown
    ENTRY DETAILS: I really tried to challenge myself with this one. I don't think that I have ever made a Mid Century Modern home before so I hope that I got the design concept correct. I used all the furniture that was given in the sample room throughout the house except the side table. In keeping with the fall theme I used browns, yellows, oranges and greens to decorate the house. I tried to make it look like the home was picked right out of the mid 1900's, leaving out a big screen TV and a computer. The house is designed for a family with three children, one of which is a toddler and the home is also pet friendly.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please!
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: All nocc artwork was created by myself AlJay2000
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    HvJ4MKA.png
    NoJjhH8.png

Congratulations on your Maxis Fav @Jazmi1396 :)
    @AlJay - I think you nailed the style. Well done!
    Thank you @Archer_Girl :)
    bhaXpM1.png
    Attention Expert Entrants for #153 - Rainbow Paradise

3gHHX7s.png
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Jazmi1396Jazmi1396 Posts: 116 Member
    @Archer_Girl Thank you! ♥
    @AlJay Thank you! ♥ I think you hit this style, its beautiful!
    Thanks @Jazmi1396
    fcuRqPI.png
    Attention Starting Out Entrants for #153 - Rainbow Paradise

3gHHX7s.png
    GArBA5W.jpg
    @Jazmi1396 - Congratulations on your Maxis fav!
    edited October 2021
    Dang haha. I was impressed mine had 100+ downloads... then I saw Jazmi's LOL. '0_0 Apparently being a Maxis fav makes a huge difference. Congrats @Jazmi1396

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top