Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Next Expansion Speculation?

Comments

• RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I’m really hoping we get a band pack soon!
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 705 Member
    Rouensims wrote: »

I'd really like that too. But I really want a werewolf band like I had in Sims 3.
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I predict Bonus items if you preorder this pack :p

Seconded.
  • KathMHughesKathMHughes Posts: 440 Member
    Generations with teenage facial hair, body hair, more acne options, more nail styles, and grunge bands with drums would have me pre-ordering for the bonus moustache gnome, grunge band poster, and teenage boxer shorts with smilies.
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    I really hope Generations will be the next EP, combined with a Baby Update/overhaul.

It's like the only -must have- pack for me to still come out. That one **might** get me into playing the Game again.
    The latest releases (especially kits, but same for the last EP's) did not appeal to me at all, thus have not motivated me to play the game anymore..
  • BL5036BL5036 Posts: 53 Member
    I hope there will be a new world... something we've never seen in the sims 4.
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    I have my money on a romance pack. But whatever it is, I just wish they would hurry up and announce it already, even if it won't be out until December or something (though I'm hoping for November). The suspense is killing me :D
    > @MaggieMarley said:
    > I have my money on a romance pack. But whatever it is, I just wish they would hurry up and announce it already, even if it won't be out until December or something (though I'm hoping for November). The suspense is killing me :D

can't wait too ! i need more gameplay
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,935 Member
    edited October 2021
    I have my money on a romance pack. But whatever it is, I just wish they would hurry up and announce it already, even if it won't be out until December or something (though I'm hoping for November). The suspense is killing me :D

I just wish they announced theme already cause I'm always stuck with my save hoping for romance and then its something completely unrelated p_p
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited October 2021
    This season they announced 3 kits.
    The previous season they announced 1 kit, 1 GP and 1 EP. A second kit was released.

It seems November is a kit and maybe December is an EP.

After Discover University, I'm waiting for High School Drama and Cheer.
    American High Schools
    Cafeteria cliques, racy relationships and SAT struggles, the halls are alive with the sound of drama.

Growing Pains and Life Issues
    Life is hard. Now your sims feel those physical and emotional changes as they grow up.
    Realistic reactions and emotions bring deeper connections to the world around them.

Cheer
    Immerse yourself in the world of cheerleading where focus is king and distractions are dangerous. Keep the team together, build routines and make sure to stick the landing.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member
    RedShoe7 wrote: »

I'd really like that too. But I really want a werewolf band like I had in Sims 3.

Same here. I would call them The Beastie Boys.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    This season they announced 3 kits.
    The previous season they announced 1 kit, 1 GP and 1 EP. A second kit was released.

It seems November is a kit and maybe December is an EP.

After Discover University, I'm waiting for High School Drama and Cheer.
    American High Schools
    Cafeteria cliques, racy relationships and SAT struggles, the halls are alive with the sound of drama.

Growing Pains and Life Issues
    Life is hard. Now your sims feel those physical and emotional changes as they grow up.
    Realistic reactions and emotions bring deeper connections to the world around them.

Cheer
    Immerse yourself in the world of cheerleading where focus is king and distractions are dangerous. Keep the team together, build routines and make sure to stick the landing.

Ugh, I hope it isn't that one. Or if they make it, they better give me something other than cheerleading. Like band, with wind instruments.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,872 Member
    I hope it’s generations.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    logion wrote: »
    It would be a bit odd to call it "Season of selves" if it did not last longer than a month. So they have to release their other kits first, and their roadmap also hints at more free updates.

I personally feel that them announcing and releasing four kits at once is not looking good for future packs, that could mean a shift in their development where packs are becoming more rare.

Just speculating but I think it could have to do with a mix of everyone working from home and working on basegame. A lot of the packs they released were already in the works before the pandemic came. Now the stuff they work on is (probably) all started from home which could impact production.

Also they are working on lore and general basegame updates, possibly more refreshes. Unless they hire a whole new team they can't do everything. So I see the kits as a way of releasing easy bug free content while they work on it.

Plus you have the other set of simmers screaming "stop releasing packs and fIx tHe GaMe!"
    Lol🤦‍♀️
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • kayt45kayt45 Posts: 434 Member
    It think we’ll get the next 2 kit announcements next week with a release of a week or 2 after that. That frees EA up from the season of selves roadmap in November and means they could still announce a winter road map and release an expansion before the end of the year.
  • KathMHughesKathMHughes Posts: 440 Member
    Why can't romance be generations? Makes sense to me.

Babies, teenage angst, romance, teenage grunge bands with drums, body hair, werewolves, and a new world seem doable. Cottage Living was complete fan service so this could be too.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member

Babies, teenage angst, romance, teenage grunge bands with drums, body hair, werewolves, and a new world seem doable. Cottage Living was complete fan service so this could be too.

I mean, I'd rather have Werewolves in their own Game Pack, but as I said when there was speculation about Cottage Living having an Occult, Werewolves can "survive" getting the Aliens/Mermaids treatment better than Faeries, so I'd take it.

American Werewolf in Paris, anyone? :wink:
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,120 Member
    Ooo, I could go for a Werewolf in Paris. The Werewolf could bit or even eat the evil reign-in-terror French that had their own innocient people beheaded. Meh, ha, ha, ha. :p>:)
  • Carl_Veluz1992Carl_Veluz1992 Posts: 500 Member

Yeah with the ability to form pop bands as well
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,716 Member
    edited October 2021
    logion wrote: »
    It would be a bit odd to call it "Season of selves" if it did not last longer than a month. So they have to release their other kits first, and their roadmap also hints at more free updates.

I personally feel that them announcing and releasing four kits at once is not looking good for future packs, that could mean a shift in their development where packs are becoming more rare.

Just speculating but I think it could have to do with a mix of everyone working from home and working on basegame. A lot of the packs they released were already in the works before the pandemic came. Now the stuff they work on is (probably) all started from home which could impact production.

Also they are working on lore and general basegame updates, possibly more refreshes. Unless they hire a whole new team they can't do everything. So I see the kits as a way of releasing easy bug free content while they work on it.

Plus you have the other set of simmers screaming "stop releasing packs and fIx tHe GaMe!"
    Lol🤦‍♀️

Yeah, people working from home could be a reason, so I do hope that I am wrong, we will see what they will release next.

I am not sure how I feel about refreshes, I am happy that they are attempting to fix the game and improve old packs, on the other hand...some of these packs are very, very old. I think they should refresh packs that can really benefit from it, not try to improve an old pack that is very limited because it was one of the first packs that Maxis made. They have not told us what their plan is with their refreshes, how many they plan to make or how large or small they are.

In the end, I am judging Maxis from what they make, not what they could make so it's up to them to show us that they do want to keep improving and investing in development for this game. I do hope that this season of selves and their next pack will show that.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,387 Member
    Peral wrote: »
    For an EP to be released in near time ( a month or so) there should be an announcement this week, considering how long it took them to release Country Living after announcing it.

It's not looking likely to happen this week but maybe next week.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,387 Member

Romance needs it's own pack cause so many romantic things are missing in this game.
    > @catloverplayer said:
    > Romance needs it's own pack cause so many romantic things are missing in this game.

I agree. If Romance are Generations, i think there will be few gameplay...
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited October 2021
    Simmingal wrote: »

I just wish they announced theme already cause I'm always stuck with my save hoping for romance and then its something completely unrelated p_p

I'm exactly the same. If a romance pack with an attraction system is coming, I want to wait until it is released before doing the bachelorette challenge for the fourth gen heiress of my legacy-bachelor challenge. So, I would like to know what the next pack is so that I don't end up waiting unnecessarily.
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    I'm disappointed that all we have had in a while is kits. I don't mind them, even bought a couple, (and won one yay!), but they are so small there really is no excitement factor for me when I get one. It makes it very easy to just not bother with them which is a plus.

Also +1 Team WhereisthisyearsOccult.