Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I love genetics!

Comments

• PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    Jess and Alec's eldest son Peter just aged up to YA. I'm very pleased with his looks.

jnfmmn4.jpg
  • PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    @izecson , Renata is lovely and that cute hairstyle suits her so well!
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    @PalmArrow thanks! ill try to dress renata as a rich girl style, and that hair with a ribbon fits her.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    @PalmArrow Thanks :) I am sure it won't be long before I am simming away hours of each day as I did before :)

@Izecson Afton and Renata are good looking teens and seem to have a nice blend of their parents' features :)
    @HillyBeth That's sad about your computer issues. I've never had major issues with my game and I hope that you can play without some day.
    @Mikezumi No kidding, that genetic mod is really helping me to get good looking progeny for my sims, their father also inherited good blend of both of his parents, so does the father before him, from certain angle you can see the Parent 1 gen, and then Parent 2 gen from another angle,
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    edited July 2021
    @Mikezumi I actually tested my game after my last comment and I got FOUR hours of gameplay done! Though I think I may start over with just one sim.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
    edited August 2021
    Benjamin Schmidt from Appaloosa Plains has a strong genetic, even his grandson(Mason, rightmost) from his daughter side(Vevina's) looks almost identical to him, evethough Leurent looks just like Felipe Marshall from certain angle, majority of his features come from Benjamin's actually.

51380636467_05229c6f23_k.jpgBenji by Taymour, on Flickr
    ihavemultiplegamertags
    @izecson I like when a sim has strong genes that I can see over the generations. Mason is a good looking lad! :)
    Mikezumi wrote: »
    @izecson I like when a sim has strong genes that I can see over the generations. Mason is a good looking lad! :)

yes but it sucks if the sims has really good looking spouse but their children dont share his/her genetics lol
    ihavemultiplegamertags
    @izecson Too true! There are some sims that I would prefer the kids to take after so I end up making my sims have bigger families so that I get the genes I want :D
    edited August 2021
    Mikezumi wrote: »
    @izecson Too true! There are some sims that I would prefer the kids to take after so I end up making my sims have bigger families so that I get the genes I want :D

Yes lol, but Benjamin's genetic is weakening in Leurent's bloodline, Leurent married Mildred (Daughter of Sherman Bagley and Gracie Loveland) which has almost an identical appearance with her father, and they both have a son named Felipe Jr who also looks like Mildred with some genetics from Leurent particulary in the cheek and eyebrow area.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • KNORearKNORear Posts: 522 Member
    edited August 2021
    Currently in Gen three of my romance legacy challenge and this heir actually had three kids that all took after their grandmother, Danni.

Here's Danni as a young adult.
    51265566229_653a6d631f_c.jpg

Both Non-heir George and his sister(and heir), Isabella got Danni's hair and their dad's eyes. George's hair has gray streaks because Danni's adult hair had gray streaks and I didn't feel like changing it as I did in Isabella's hair.
    51384377122_7c8738fc31_c.jpg

51384377127_9d2c3da79f_c.jpg[

Their brother, Hector inherited Danni's eyes, although it's hard to tell in this picture.
    51384381432_489f6b34dc_c.jpg

Finally, Isabella's hair is called Child's Denial which was created by Cazy, the bow in her hair is actually classified as an accessory and was created by Traelia. Both artists can be found at The Sims Resource, you can also find Isabella's dress there, but I accidentally forgot to write down the name of the artist.

@KNORear Thanks for sharing :) Although I like to see certain hair and eye colours being passed down, I don't think of hair and eye colour when looking at my sims' genetics since random mutations occur frequently without mods which prevent it. I am more interested in whose features are passed on. Would you say the kids look more like their mother or father facially?
  • Satanu_ReevesSatanu_Reeves Posts: 402 Member
    edited October 2021
    Well it's a long story but the two main sims from two of my saves are now merged into one save and married with four children. Okay, short story, I was playing in an experimental save where I gave them both a baby. I found that with the random genetics mod, they mixed well.

The boys had a really big day recently. Not only did they move into a new house, all their babies had a birthday on the same day. I randomized several times with the genetics mod and I'm excited about the results. I wanted to share a bit about the parents and show the four Young-Fraunkenstein boys aged up to young adult.

RMNm9EA.jpg
    Callum Young-Fraunkenstein

Forever punk, master alchemist, and witch . He's reset his life with a young again potion...again and remarried to Oliver.

WWBHeQ9.jpg
    Oliver Young-Fraunkenstein
    Not Frankenstein

Mad scientist, master alchemist, human but still pretty scary. He pretty much runs the household.

GTVpUX1.jpg
    The Parents Together

ScwHicS.jpg
    Judah Young-Fraunkenstein

Carried by Oliver and born via Moonlight falls magic (story progression settings). He's a human and the first born of the twins. Wants to master martial arts and become a movie star.

YWSpUdP.jpg
    Dana Young-Fraunkenstein

The second born twin and the only witch among his brothers. He idolizes Callum and wants to become a musician.

YX3PwFK.jpg
    Noah Young-Fraunkenstein

Created by using a top of the line Science Research Station customized with programs Master Controller and Random Genetics. By using Master Controller to get the clone to recognize Oliver and Callum as his parents and then using the Genetics Mod to randomize his genetic make up, Oliver was able create an actual genetic merger, not just a simple clone. Noah wants to be a doctor and takes after his father, Oliver.

SFF3gLb.jpg
    Luka Young-Fraunkenstein

The baby of the family and another one of Oliver's experiments. Luka began life as a plantsim. This likely influenced his love of the outdoors. He wants to become an Angler.
    Post edited by Satanu_Reeves on
    edited October 2021
    I made a close up comparison pic :)

q3iDlm2.jpg
    The Young-Fraukenstein Family
    edited October 2021
    So my Sims 3 LTW challenge is going well. I basically created a woman named Betsy Baker( LTW Culinary Librarian, which she has completed) and I gave her a nice custom skintone and messed around with the sliders to create a unique looking sim. She decided to marry a plain, pudding-faced townie. Naturally, I wanted their children to inherit more of her features than her spouse's and it didn't exactly turn out that way with their first kid, so they had another and for awhile I was concerned that she would be plain too, but then she got a serious glow-up as a teenager and I couldn't be happier.
    51586587979_947591e5c9.jpg
    This is Betsy and as you can see she is a gorgeous sim

51586827350_e9d6d27f2c.jpg
    This is Rory, her spouse after a simple makeover. As you can see he was completely randomized and not that great looking.

51586576609_cac3ea1384.jpg
    Lastly, this is their daughter, Marisol ( LTW Master of the Arts) and as I mentioned earlier I adore her and can't wait to tell her story. She has her father's skin and hair color, but the rest of her features are all Betsy which I adore( including inheriting the custom skintone)!
    @KNORear I am glad you're happy with Marisol's genetics :) I must say, the way her hair contrasts with her skin is striking! :)
    @Mikezumi thank you
    edited November 2021
    GEnp06C.jpg

Doctor's log - Lunar Week 1 - Wednesday

"There was a disaster at the Merging Clinic today..."

ZMkwVEX.jpg

"...It all started so normally" Oliver goes on.

"Like Baxter and Nayr, Adam and Henry also had a magical pregnancy terminated when we fled Moonlight Falls. Callum's first son and his husband deserve better. So we did what was necessary. In some ways, the tri-bred baby is a better engineered child."

JjurH7x.jpg

"Collecting Adam's DNA went forward without any problems."

q4zPPbM.jpg

"And next was Henry."

uQitC1D.jpg

"I got to work right away."

hMEOvAS.jpg

"But then the alarm sounded.."

Qh4Hbjf.jpg

"...and disaster struck. I can't yet explain why but the boys' DNA is unstable. Whatever power magical pregnancy has to hold these genes together as seen in their first son, Peter, it surely the missing ingredient. The genetic mixture is a land mine in this realm. Or maybe there is yet an unseen and unintended side effect of the emergency time travel? We will need an emergency tri-bred procedure."

A4JjObo.jpg

"When going for this type of procedure, we see the best results when we have a relative with stable DNA as the third donor. This means it's up to Callum, the child's grandfather, to donate the stable genes."

4WEh4Je.jpg

"Finally, after replacing the unstable bits of DNA with Callum's stable DNA. We have a beautiful baby boy. We've named him Gregory. Note, a curious side effect of the Random Genetics mod I added to the ZRX-9000 Science Research Station's computer is that the skin type, hair color, and eye color of the third donor remain strongly dominate while the genetic features of the two parents programmed in by Master Controller cycle through in vast majority of randomized genetic configurations. Most common in the variants, the eye color will sometimes come from one of the other parents but even that is very rare."

3SRcY9e.jpg
    Top Left : Adam Young-Crush (father), Top Right : Henry Young-Crush (father), Bottom Left : Callum Young-Fraunkenstein (grandfather), Bottom Right : Gregory Young-Crush (new baby).

"I'm glad our family fought to over come this struggle. Adam and Henry where saddened to learn they weren't compatible but at the same time ecstatic that the procedure worked. The aging holo imager was able to create a prediction of a very handsome young man. I see Adam's eyes, which of course he inherited from Callum. But I also see Henry's nose, mouth and general face shape. I don't like to brag but I must say I do excellent work."
    Post edited by Satanu_Reeves on
    @Satanu_Reeves I enjoyed your story about how Gregory came to be :) He's a good looking lad! :)
  • BlackSandBlackSand Posts: 2,074 Member

Misty aged up to Young Adult ...

51697731523_7036624d0c_k.jpg

And it is easy to say She looks a lot like her Mother ... :D

51698339235_a63f3dd90f_k.jpg

I was hoping there would be more of a genetic mix.
    I guess her mother has strong genes.

Happy Simming!

I eat pickles on my hamburgers ... MWWAHAHAHAHA
    @BlackSand Misty and her mother are lovely :) It might be the different hairstyles and makeup, but I do see some small differences in the nose and eyes.
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    Ooh I love Oliver and Noah @Satanu_Reeves
    Why don't my sims ever blend that nicely... I seem to always end up with a clone of one parent or the other most of the time.
    *sulks*
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding