Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Possible bug with university classes?

One of my sims just started university. She had done her homework, gotten to class in time and had taken notes, everything to ensure a good grade... only to get a notification after returning home about how she had only done the bare minimum and how she was going to get a bad grade if she won't improve herself. Like, what? She is already doing all she can. I quit without saving, deleted cache, tried again, removed a mod I thought might be causing a problem, but still the same outcome. It makes me want to stop playing university if the game is so determined to make my sim fail. Has anyone here had anything simillar happen to them and if, how did you fixed it?

Comments

• Marduc_PlaysMarduc_Plays Posts: 416 Member
    Didn't see it coming up by now, but posting in the Help Center Bug Forum might get you farther.
    Parcour - the art of jumping to conclusions.
  • A_MomA_Mom Posts: 868 Member
    Depending upon which class it is your sim also has to either take a final exam (which requires add'l study time to pass) or submit a term paper (which needs to be revised until the quality is good enough to be turned in) or make a presentation using the presentation board (which also requires refining to bring up the quality). If she didn't do one of these she'll fail. When you look at the thing that tells you what time your classes are (the work/school tab of that thing in the corner that shows your needs and relationships and skills and all that - I don't remember what it's called) it'll tell you whether your sim is supposed to do the test or the term paper or the presentation.
  • TeeSeaTeeSea Posts: 1,556 Member
    Do click on the icon on your Sims picture and select Take Notes? That helps improve your grades. It’s like the options you have for what you want your Sim to do when at work.
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    There are also skill level requirements for some of the classes
  • AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,026 Member
    edited June 2020
    My sim has been doing homework and taking notes in every single class she has been in, plus the presentations and term papers, but the result remains the same - after every class, she gets threatened with bad grade as if she had done absolutely nothing, which I know isn't true. I have never came across something like that with the 10+ sims I have put through university before, they have all graduated with honors, so I know how it's done. At this point, I may as well cheat her the degree and move on, because she aint gonna get it the regular way. I have done some research and apparently it's yet another bug that was never fixed.
  • BouncyfoxxBouncyfoxx Posts: 4 New Member
    Having the same issue, I've put many sims through university and they graduated with honors, even sims that were once npc and had no skills to start with, I was still able to put them through with A+ and the pop up after class was always that they squeezed everything out of that class. But now.. no matter what I do... my hardworking sim keeps getting the same pop up that they did the stinkin bare minimum. I also want to stop playing university. Why put them through college when they just keep getting put on probation and constantly failing... I'll just start at the bottom of their career. Sigh.
  • BouncyfoxxBouncyfoxx Posts: 4 New Member
    I even saw on ea answers hq that the post on this subject said the bug was fixed in patch 1.77.131/1.44 but my game is always kept up to date... I even went in and repaired it and checked for updates in origin... to no avail. When I reloaded my save, still getting the same "absolute minimum" pop up... I give up. Guess my sims will have to start at the bottom and climb their way up the career ladder 🪜 maybe one day it'll get fixed in an update.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,807 Member
    People continuing to have this issue: one more thing to check is that you are remembering to edit all papers and presentations until they are Excellent or Outstanding quality, and then actually submitting the paper and going to give the presentation. Also, if you submit the paper/presentation early in the term, you can then email the professor about your progress in the class. If you aren't doing that well (which can happen if your skill is low in that area) you can get a textbook and study for a couple of hours, then email the professor again.
    gen3-banner.png
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,290 Member
    One of my sims just started university. She had done her homework, gotten to class in time and had taken notes, everything to ensure a good grade... only to get a notification after returning home about how she had only done the bare minimum and how she was going to get a bad grade if she won't improve herself. Like, what? She is already doing all she can. I quit without saving, deleted cache, tried again, removed a mod I thought might be causing a problem, but still the same outcome. It makes me want to stop playing university if the game is so determined to make my sim fail. Has anyone here had anything simillar happen to them and if, how did you fixed it?

Have your Sim contact her Professor via the computer to ask what must be done to avert the possible failure. Also make certain your Sim is in a good mood, upon going to class. Hope this helps. Best of luck.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,104 Member
    Get their skills up - that usually works for me. Whatever skill it is, get it up a point or two and see if that changes anything.
  • AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,026 Member
    edited October 2021
    Takes me back in time. I had completely forgotten even making this thread. My problem was solved ages ago - I discovered that freezing sim's career progress with MCCC also freezes their university progress, or at least it did back then. Nothing wrong with university now, besides it being boring.
    @Bouncyfoxx is this information about MCCC any help?