Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which Sims 4 theme song is your favorite?

Comments

• SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,128 Member
    Now I am biased, because I genuinely love Hawaiian / Polynesian music in general. I fell in love with it watching Lilo & Stitch (one of the most underrated Disney movies of all time, btw).

I love Lilo & Stitch. It's definitely underrated.
    MDianaSims wrote: »
    I think my favourites are island living and vampires. I actually dislike the discover university version 😅

That said, ts2 has better music, but if you ask me, ts1 has the best music. I often listen to the ts1 soundtrack while working from home or while building in ts4. And let's not forget the Sims Medieval, another epic soundtrack.

I never played TS1 so I have no frame of reference. Yes, I agree Sims Medieval did have a pretty good soundtrack as well.
    VeeDub wrote: »
    Simmingal wrote: »
    VeeDub wrote: »
    Weirdly, I find the Discovery University one a bit annoying. :smiley: .
    mood tho :lol: maybe because it gives me cheered to death moodlet like man I'm not that energized and excited yet

Yes, exactly! And to be fair, I'm not a fan of pretty much any marching band style music. :lol:

I had aunts, uncles, cousins, siblings, nieces and nephews that were all in the high school marching band. A few went on to get scholarships to college for it. I was in my middle school band but never took it that far. I'm not very good with instruments. My aunt took me to DCI (Drum Corp International) once when I was a kid. I loved it! It was so full of energy. I think that's where my love of the University theme comes from.
    Karababy52 wrote: »
    Vampires, hands down the best n my opinion! I especially love CAS! Map view is really good too though. Oh heck it's ALL great!

Vampires does have a pretty good soundtrack as well.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    I’m torn between the Discover University and the Snowy Escape versions. I really love them both and they both very different.
    I’m torn between the Discover University and the Snowy Escape versions. I really love them both and they both very different.

I don't think any of the are bad. I just prefer the energy from DU.
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    I know how to add custom music to the stereo, but is there a way to add it to BB or loading screens? It could be fun to add some songs from the previous titles there. Or I would love to build along to Stardew Valley music.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    So, Vampires is my favorite soundtrack followed by Strangerville. But as for the opening main song, I really like the Cottage Living one, there's something about it that makes me think of the old, 60s slow psychedelia movie soundtracks, lol. I also like the Snowy Escape and Island Living tracks. My game seems to have a strong preference for Island Living so I hear that one all the time when I load up.

If my game cycled through the tracks more, it could help me decide which world to play in first for my rotational game when I have trouble making a decision, haha. :D
    #Team Occult
    babajayne wrote: »
    I know how to add custom music to the stereo, but is there a way to add it to BB or loading screens? It could be fun to add some songs from the previous titles there. Or I would love to build along to Stardew Valley music.

I don't think you can add it to anything but the stereo. It would be nice if we could customize the Build/Buy and CAS music though.
    LiELF wrote: »
    If my game cycled through the tracks more, it could help me decide which world to play in first for my rotational game when I have trouble making a decision, haha. :D

That would be an interesting way to play the game. I think I get the DU and Base Game themes the most.
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    I enjoy all of them, but if I had to pick one it would be the college fight song style one of University. It feels like it's game day when I play The Sims.
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    I enjoy all of them, but if I had to pick one it would be the college fight song style one of University. It feels like it's game day when I play The Sims.

I agree. Although, I'm not actually a sports fan. Growing up, all the high school football games I went to were because my older brother or sister were in the band. I usually only went because I was too young to be left at home alone. I basically went for the band and concession stand, which my mom usually ended up having to work at.
  • HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    edited October 2021
    Def Snowy Escape. I feel like I'm about to embark on a grand wintery adventure.

Edit: The theme for Cats and Dogs was my number 1 before SE.
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
    HopeyStarr wrote: »
    Def Snowy Escape. I feel like I'm about to embark on a grand wintery adventure.

Edit: The theme for Cats and Dogs was my number 1 before SE.

My game doesn't play the Cats and Dogs very often. I had to go search for it to refresh my memory. I added it to the first post.
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    edited October 2021
    As I started up my game today, the Discover University version of the main theme started. I have to say, this one is probably my favorite. So fellow simmers, which is your favorite?

For reference:

I think I like the original and Cottage Living tunes the best. Thanks for posting them, it was nice to listen to them. When I play the tunes tend to fade in the background and I don’t notice them.

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
    I think I like the original and Cottage Living tunes the best. Thanks for posting them, it was nice to listen to them. When I play the tunes tend to fade in the background and I don’t notice them.

The Cottage Living is really nice and calming
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,965 Member
    DU Marching band was a boss move, but I like them all and that there are so many.
    DU Marching band was a boss move, but I like them all and that there are so many.

I agree, they others are good too. The DU one just energizes me to play.
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Thanks for providing the references, as otherwise I couldn't remember which song went with which pack.

My favorite is Seasons, no contest
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,869 Member
    edited October 2021
    Cottage Living just wins because it's Beethoven <3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aW-7CqxhnAQ
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    edited October 2021
    Brd709 wrote: »
    It sounds like in the University theme they’re saying “celebrate the sims” or is it just me?

I assume the music is one of those (to me) Hollywood-esque "marching bands" apparently all High-schools have in the US (according to Hollywood)?

That, and School sports teams etc is just not something that exists here.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek

The Cottage Living is really nice and calming

Is it me, or does that one actually not sound like the Sims theme at all? I have a very hard time recognizing the base theme in that song?
    @Beardedgeek that's because it is not the same theme. It's based on the opening of Beethoven's 6th symphony, nicknamed "Pastoral." I posted a video above ☺
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,651 Member
    Of the ones I’ve heard, Island Living, and the mysterious sounding ROM and Vampires. Cottage Living has some music that’s different from the others, too.
    @Beardedgeek, To me, it sounds like a slower tempo but I can still hear the original theme. Maybe I'm imagining it?

@mightysprite, I'm not really getting the Beethoven vibe from the Cottage Living theme, is there a specific part? When it comes to classical music, I'm out of my depth.
    @Beardedgeek, To me, it sounds like a slower tempo but I can still hear the original theme. Maybe I'm imagining it?

You're probably right; I just can't hear it.
    edited October 2021
    @SweetieWright_84 0:03-0:10 in the video here. The Sims version is slower and uses a different instrument- a plucked string sound instead of the bowed string instruments here

Beethoven intended the symphony to tell a story about country life. He gave it the subtitle "Pastoral Symphony, or Recollections of Country Life." He wrote this to go with the first part: "Awakening of cheerful feelings upon arriving in the country." It's a lovely choice for Cottage Living!

• JunkyPoemJunkyPoem Posts: 135 Member
    favorites: discover university if I haven't played in a while & eco lifestyle if i'm gaming daily

@VeeDub thx for the music link; super helpful when ur swimmin in packs
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    JunkyPoem wrote: »
    favorites: discover university if I haven't played in a while & eco lifestyle if i'm gaming daily

@VeeDub thx for the music link; super helpful when ur swimmin in packs

You're quite welcome. :) I've used that list a number of times when I hear a piece of music in-game and find myself unsure of (or just plain don't know) its pack of origin.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)