Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS4 Totally Random Comments and Questions

Comments

• SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    I started a whole new Sims folder to hopefully comb through everything (Saves, Library, Mods, & CC). Getting rid of things I don't use or need. So just for fun last night I played without mods. I instantly missed having some pretty important mods like Whim Overhaul and Meaningful Stories. :D It's good to see what I actually consider vital for my own playstyle while other things I could do without.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    Yesterday I played with a feature of this mod I've had in my game for a long time, which basically let's you run a restaurant from your home lot. It was great but after a while I noticed my load times were taking a significant hit. When I switched to another household things were barely playable, so I jumped into manage worlds where I noticed the game had generated literally hundreds of households. I don't have Cottage Living btw and I know that was an early bug with that pack. Anyways I began my mission to delete all these excess households but whenever I switched between tabs the game would spawn even more townies than I deleted! It was nuts, haha. I also had to force shut down the game because it wasn't closing on its own.

Yeah so to solve the issue I rolled back my save file and took out the home restaurant mod and things seem back to normal. Never seen such an explosion of townie generation. Given my dislike for the aggressive random generation in the first place that experience was quite the nightmare. :lol:
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
    edited October 2021
    1. Is there a way to stop the effects from the eco lifestyle voting? My sims keep getting fined for too much water usage, lol. It’s not a huge deal since I play with cheats, but it is a little annoying.

2. Does anyone else struggle with the lighting in this game? If I don’t put enough lights, it’s too dark, but if I put too many, it’s too bright & my sims are practically glowing, lol.
  • CattyBetsyCattyBetsy Posts: 62 Member
    SimDork23 wrote: »
    1. Is there a way to stop the effects from the eco lifestyle voting? My sims keep getting fined for too much water usage, lol. It’s not a huge deal since I play with cheats, but it is a little annoying.

2. Does anyone else struggle with the lighting in this game? If I don’t put enough lights, it’s too dark, but if I put too many, it’s too bright & my sims are practically glowing, lol.

1. You can disable voting in your the game options ( it's in the pack options I think ).
    2. In Live Mode, you can choose from different lighting options. Just click on a lamp and you'll see.

Hope it was helpful.
  • SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
    SimDork23 wrote: »

1. You can disable voting in your the game options ( it's in the pack options I think ).
    2. In Live Mode, you can choose from different lighting options. Just click on a lamp and you'll see.

Hope it was helpful.

That is very helpful! I’ll look for those settings the next time that I play! Thank you so much! :)
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,641 Member
    Is there a way to make Destination Worlds livable without Zerbu’s mod? I want to convert a few Granite Falls cabins to residential. The All Worlds Are Residential Mod worked beautifully when I tried it before, but made my game crashy.
  • CattyBetsyCattyBetsy Posts: 62 Member
    cyncie wrote: »
    Is there a way to make Destination Worlds livable without Zerbu’s mod? I want to convert a few Granite Falls cabins to residential. The All Worlds Are Residential Mod worked beautifully when I tried it before, but made my game crashy.

Deligracy stated you can make it a haunted house with the paranormal pack. You should be able to live there then.
  • boahancockboahancock Posts: 2 New Member
    For those simmers with City Living Expansion Pack to their TS4, any tips on how to fully enjoy the game? Well aside from the festivals, my Sims are too caught up taking care of two children and it's like "work - home - work - home" routine. :|
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,832 Member
    @boahancock welcome to the forum. 🙂

You may want to first check out Carl's Guide to City Living.

https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/expansionpacks/cityliving/

Also if you search for City Living you'll find plenty of relevant threads.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,849 Member
    edited October 2021
    Welcome @boahancock :)

I love City Living, but it doesn't sound like "work-home-work-home" is a CL problem, more of a routine problem. If the kiddos are toddlers, then yes that stage is meant to be a handful esp. if both parents work outside the home. Otherwise, I'd suggest not trying to check every box on the work/school routine all the time. Leave some of the work performance tasks undone, don't do homework EVERY night, take some of those vacation days that work and school both generously offer, do a work-from-home day and do some but not all of the tasks. Use the extra time for socializing with new people, going to new places, taking up a new hobby or aspiration, going on vacation. And just like real parents, sim parents need to get out without the kids every so often, so you can concentrate on the adults as people without being distracted by the kids' needs :)

PS don't miss the politician career or the singing skill with karaoke bar events in City Living, both of those are lots of fun.
    cyncie wrote: »

Deligracy stated you can make it a haunted house with the paranormal pack. You should be able to live there then.

Ah Thanks. But I don’t have Paranormal. I might retry the mod. I’ve gotten a new computer since the last time. It might handle it better.

• MoonlightGrahamMoonlightGraham Posts: 884 Member
    Here's another one.

I just downloaded a house I really like from the Gallery and I'm about to place it in my world. It has two bedrooms with double beds and one with two single beds. I'm going to use it for some of my "supporting cast" of Sims, and I'm wondering what the sleeping dynamics will be like with various kinds of households.

For example...if I have a married couple and an unrelated adult Sim in the house, will the spouses sleep together, or might one of them end up sharing a double bed with the single Sim? I'm thinking about how weird it would be if my Sim is visiting the house when one of the hosts gets sleepy, and wanders off to bunk down with their roomie, not their spouse.

Or, should I play them long enough to assign them to particular beds before relegating them to "unplayed" status?
    Exie hay, cavero, veebo marz viremzico.
    Exie hay, cavero, mabza meeah vendarzo.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    Here's another one.

I just downloaded a house I really like from the Gallery and I'm about to place it in my world. It has two bedrooms with double beds and one with two single beds. I'm going to use it for some of my "supporting cast" of Sims, and I'm wondering what the sleeping dynamics will be like with various kinds of households.

For example...if I have a married couple and an unrelated adult Sim in the house, will the spouses sleep together, or might one of them end up sharing a double bed with the single Sim? I'm thinking about how weird it would be if my Sim is visiting the house when one of the hosts gets sleepy, and wanders off to bunk down with their roomie, not their spouse.

Or, should I play them long enough to assign them to particular beds before relegating them to "unplayed" status?

Yep, if you don't specifically assign them a bed, they'll be on their own. If you never visit their home you'll never know who sleeps with whom, of course, but if it's important enough to you, it's probably best to go tell them where to sleep before marking them as unplayed again. :)
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
    @MoonlightGraham I don't think two unrelated adults who don't know each other that well can share a bed. I forget if the prerequisite has to be some level of romantic relationship, or if some level of friendly relationship will do.

• MoonlightGrahamMoonlightGraham Posts: 884 Member
    @mightysprite I hoped that was the case. Thanks for your reply!
    Exie hay, cavero, veebo marz viremzico.
    Exie hay, cavero, mabza meeah vendarzo.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
    We have a lot of polls asking for advice on what to do in a particular game scenario. Or help selecting the next heir in a legacy. Or what pack to buy. I always wonder if the pollster actually settles with the majority vote. 🤔
  • Gonnawin1111Gonnawin1111 Posts: 495 Member
    Is there an actual way to influence getting twins in game other than cheating?
    heyyyy i'm v ツ I'm Gonnawin1111 on the gallery too. My bestie is hymnhehim/hymnofheroes/milo ツ I love using smileys like : ) but on the forums they become :)
    Why, why, why can sims put down their dirty dishes in places that they can't pick them up from later?

Why, why, why can sims put down their dirty dishes in places that they can't pick them up from later?

Truth. I have a shelf over the kitchen sink in one house. I usually play with walls partially down, so I seldom see that shelf. Couldn’t figure out why my Sim kept complaining about a stinky kitchen until I put the wall up and saw an old stinky glass sitting up there out of Sim reach. How?
  • Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,959 Member
    I find it weird that water goes off. I mean sure, it’s best to drink water when it’s fresh, but if you leave a half-empty glass for a few days it won’t start to smell.

@Gonnawin1111 you can have one of your lot traits be “On a Ley Line”. I have also had Sims conceive twins naturally without cheats or mods, the odds are about 10% apparently. One of my Sims naturally conceived twins twice; she had siblings who were twins but wasn’t a twin herself.
    I also found this online: Players can buy a Fertile Reward, available in the Rewards Store for 3,000 points.
    In the Spa Day Game Pack, players can get a Fertility Massage from a Spa.
    Also in the Spa Day Game Pack, raise a Sim's wellness skill until they can give Massages, then have them give the Sim that wants twins a Fertility Massage. Players will need to own a massage table for this to be an option.
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,873 Member

Oh yes.. and how can a toddler throw a plate so perfectly up in a shelf even adult cannot reach at??
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • GirafHuntrGirafHuntr Posts: 759 Member
    Is there an actual way to influence getting twins in game other than cheating?

You can give their house the "on a ley line" trait and that pretty much does it.
    My username has been my internet handle for over 20 years since I was 16 and refers to when I had a crush on a very tall boy. I intend absolutely no violence toward beautiful giraffes. <3
    I really need to start a new save with all of the original premades. I've deleted most of them and usually have no idea who they are when they're mentioned in a post. 😳
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,873 Member
    I really need to start a new save with all of the original premades. I've deleted most of them and usually have no idea who they are when they're mentioned in a post. 😳

I did that for the same reason over a year ago :) And got to "know" them so much that I am too used to them and do not even want to delete them :) (with couple exceptions who always gets deleted) :)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    I'm surprised at how many people delete the premades. I can't bring myself to do it... like, I would feel guilty or something? :D

Although I have to admit, I do hate how those same premades take up so many of the lots/housing in the game. Good real estate is hard to come by in many of the worlds/neighbourhoods, and I find myself having to try to shuffle things around more times than not.
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top