Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Next Expansion Speculation?

I'm surprised there isn't any threads on this at the moment, but they've announced the second expansion of the year in mid-October for the past three years so I'm hoping we'll see something of the next big release soon. Feel free to share any speculation here

Comments

• SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    The road map for the fall have 2 more kits left to release and I think a free content update. I haven't seen anything about a new expansion pack yet. I want to know what the next refresh will be too.
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    SnaveXs wrote: »
    The road map for the fall have 2 more kits left to release and I think a free content update. I haven't seen anything about a new expansion pack yet. I want to know what the next refresh will be too.

I'm hoping the next kit is announced early this week. Hopefully today or tomorrow. I'm not sure when the last kit will get announced maybe in November or late October.

As for the expansion... it's hard to tell. It might get teased next week or so I hope.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,859 Member
    One would think there would be a new EP in November like the last few years, and I do think there will be, but I'm trying to keep in mind the Cottage Living Ep released in July instead of June. I'm wondering if the production cycle got shifted slightly. I can't imagine EA wanting to miss out on those holiday sales that go on in November though. Although, they'd still hit a number of them if a pack released in December.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    It would be a bit odd to call it "Season of selves" if it did not last longer than a month. So they have to release their other kits first, and their roadmap also hints at more free updates.

I personally feel that them announcing and releasing four kits at once is not looking good for future packs, that could mean a shift in their development where packs are becoming more rare.
  • RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 705 Member
    I just want an occult. I don't care about anything else. Occult players have once again gotten screwed this year.

Agreed, I really thought we would get an occult game pack this fall, either werewolves or fairies. While I'm usually fine with any new content and I enjoy kits, if that is really all we're getting for the season, I will be extremely disappointed. I may need to go back to the Sims 3 for a while.
  • auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    I'm hoping it's a generations-type pack I would also be okay with a school pack for the teens/kids/toddlers, a hobbies pack, or a romance pack.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • Darkshadow608Darkshadow608 Posts: 156 Member
    I just want an occult. I don't care about anything else. Occult players have once again gotten screwed this year.

Agreed. I sometimes feel like the devs have lost their love for this part of the fanbase and I feel it each time a new pack is announced that doesn't cater to the occult players. I thought for sure we'd get a new occult this year. (Timeline adds up 2015, 2017, 2019 so the logical conclusion was 2021)

I am hoping when I have a chance to jump back in that things are looking up for the occult players.

**fingers crossed**
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,553 Member
    November is still fall, so I doubt we will be getting a new pack before early December, that would contradict their "Season of selves" announcement.

But if it's a good EP (meaning one they have the hope to be well received), they might announce it about two months prior to release so we could get some info on it soon.

I don't know if they'll release an occult pack for X-Mas though, they might prefer releasing something targeted at a larger audience - especially as the most popular occults have already been released.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • gamercatgamercat Posts: 208 Member
    I'm hoping the next kit is announced early this week. Hopefully today or tomorrow.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    I think they didn't define the "season of selves" as fall for good reason - namely that we will be getting an expansion probably right on American Thanksgiving weekend, because I highly doubt that EA would leave Black Friday money on the table like that.

As for what it might be... I'm hoping for Generations so that we can get one of the last "big requests" over and done with, and they can explore packs and ideas that are less broad base - because after Generations and maybe Cars, there's not much that I can see really appeals to huge swaths of the vocal fandom.
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,553 Member
    How about romance? That certainly has a broader appeal.
    Hotels and bands also have.

There surely isn't only one "big request" pack missing.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Hm. There is nothing substantial for me to assume the next pack, but I would find it very weird to not get something (EP, GP, or SP) besides kits before the end of the year.
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    I'm hoping these base game updates are the expansion.
  • ArcaArca Posts: 183 Member
    RedShoe7 wrote: »

Agreed, I really thought we would get an occult game pack this fall, either werewolves or fairies. While I'm usually fine with any new content and I enjoy kits, if that is really all we're getting for the season, I will be extremely disappointed. I may need to go back to the Sims 3 for a while.

I also want an occult pack, no matter werewolves or fairies, I'm feeling OK with it.
    However, werewolves may be more difficult because lunar system needs to be added.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    edited October 2021
    I got the previous EP CoL so according to me regular schedule I'm supposed to skip the next pack, LOL. Meaning I hope for something that I really don't wish for - perhaps "TS4 Cleaning Toilets Living" or "TS4 Guilty & Pleasures" ;) I'm wanting whatever might come with a French pack, so let's postpone that to Spring...
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member
    This right here, honestly they keep their kits, just give me the good stuff already.
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,104 Member
    I need weres in my game - wolves, cats, bears, etc. Why stop at just werewolves? lol Just give me an occult already! Zombies, fairies, weres, just throw me a bone here!
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    I'm surprised there isn't any threads on this at the moment, but they've announced the second expansion of the year in mid-October for the past three years so I'm hoping we'll see something of the next big release soon. Feel free to share any speculation here

Maybe an Announcement this week or next.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    83bienchen wrote: »
    November is still fall, so I doubt we will be getting a new pack before early December, that would contradict their "Season of selves" announcement.

But if it's a good EP (meaning one they have the hope to be well received), they might announce it about two months prior to release so we could get some info on it soon.

I don't know if they'll release an occult pack for X-Mas though, they might prefer releasing something targeted at a larger audience - especially as the most popular occults have already been released.

I think the next ep go release is either a Romance based one with hotels or Generations
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    Onverser wrote: »

Maybe an Announcement this week or next.

Please please please let this prediction be correct!
  • PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    For an EP to be released in near time ( a month or so) there should be an announcement this week, considering how long it took them to release Country Living after announcing it.
  • AllinsimstimeAllinsimstime Posts: 106 Member
    If we are getting an Expansion in November, I’m gonna make the guess that it would come out November 19th. The week before Thanksgiving in the US.

This would mean they could announce it next week and still have a month between Announcement and Release.