Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Select Difficulty

We already have the option to choose between 3 different lifespans to cater to people's preferences. How would you feel about the option to change the difficulty to 'easy', 'normal' and 'difficult'?
Easy could increase the positive game interactions +50% and negative game interactions to -50%. This could affect every thing: buffs, skill increase, chance cards etc. Also the reward store would be cheaper than currently.

Normal would simply indicate all settings remain as they are now.

Difficult could decrease the positive game interactions -50% and negative game interactions to +50%. Again affecting every thing: buffs, skill increase, chance cards etc. This time the reward store would be more expensive than currently.
signature.png

Comments

• Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I don't really have a reason to be against it, but I would have absolutely no reason to change it from normal.

Honestly, I think difficulty should deal with needs. They used to be kind of insane. In the original Sims, you had to have a high cooking skill if you didn't want to eat all the time. In 1 and 2 you genuinely struggled to meet their needs.

You also didn't really mention death increases. The older games could kill you off pretty easily. I would expect to see more death in a more difficult setting and less in an easy setting.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,956 Member
    edited October 2021
    yeah i also don't see myself setting it anything but normal in this scenario so idk :/ I just feel its bit too vague that way

and most extra challenge i would wish for could be best done as lot challenges tbh

like for example i really miss how dramatic housefires were in sims 1 and i surely wouldn't want it to happen like that on every lot but once in a while it'd be nice to burn down house or 2 effectively

similarily if we ever have zombies or something i really wouldn't want them terrorizing all my lots all the time but it be fun for lot or 2
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    Simulation/sandbox games aren't necessarily meant to be "easy" or "difficult" because the nature of the game is generally to explore, experiment, create, etc. Some are meant to teach concepts or specific ideas or tasks, while others are intended for entertainment and outlets for creativity. Difficulty modes don't seem well suited for these kinds of games, in my view. I've never played any simulation game (of any kind) that had such an option, and I doubt I'd ever want to. If the game has a decent foundation I'd expect to work with whatever tools it gives me along with my own imagination. If the game isn't so great at that, I'd simply move on to something else.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    I don't think there should be difficulty settings, but players should have more options to increase/decrease need decay, set custom lifespan lengths, etc.
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    haneul wrote: »
    I don't think there should be difficulty settings, but players should have more options to increase/decrease need decay, set custom lifespan lengths, etc.

That would be nice to have. I currently use mods to give me a bit more control over things like those, but I'd like not to need to.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)