Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Graduate skill increase/after-school activities

MissusGerbitMissusGerbit Posts: 124 Member
edited October 2021 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
The latest updates have made me wonder if a skill update would be possible. Since children are able to join more activities, I would like them to be able to gain ALL adult skills as well. It makes sense to have limited skilled abilities as a child, but I think you could program this differently.

For example:
  • Children could gain a skill up to level 3
  • Teens up to level 5
  • Anyone older all the way to level 10

This way it's actually meaningful to teach the children their grandparents career tips, parents' favorite instruments and their siblings favorite hobbies.

---

The new yoga-instructor model could also be applied to other activities to offer after school clubs. For example have Sims gather together for a class in woodworking, playing the piano, dance, painting, singing etc. Honestly, you could even use these mechanics to start a band together by assigning the instruments.

TS4 After-School GP: Easiest 20 bucks ever made!
signature.png

Comments

• haneulhaneul Posts: 1,952 Member
    Children can gain a lot of the adult skills already. I don't think they can do woodworking/handiness (it's kind of dangerous), but they can definitely gain piano... They only need to max out the relevant child skill first. I've had parents then help their children max adult skills.

I agree it would be better if they could do a few more - like I don't think they can paint.
  • FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    haneul wrote: »
    Children can gain a lot of the adult skills already. I don't think they can do woodworking/handiness (it's kind of dangerous), but they can definitely gain piano... They only need to max out the relevant child skill first. I've had parents then help their children max adult skills.

I agree it would be better if they could do a few more - like I don't think they can paint.

I agree--other might feel differently, but I actually don't mind that you need to complete the childhood skills to "unlock" adult ones. What I wish is that more were unlockable (like painting, as you mentioned), and also that there was a more even spread between what the child skills unlock (like, right now I think the ONLY skill unlocked by maxing motor is video gaming...which is also unlocked by mental anyway lol. Why they can't build fitness by, say, swimming or skating is beyond me.)

I'm also not sure how a feel about limiting the level teens or kids could get to. I'd never considered that, so I'll have to think it over lol. Like, that would mean that some aspirations that don't now require being an adult, like friend of the world or chief of mischief, would now effectively require it as those aspirations need you to max a skill (charisma and mischief in those cases, respectively). There's even an achievement for completing the chief of mischief aspiration as a teen, which would be rendered impossible by limiting teens to only level 5 of skills. I fairly often have my teens complete an aspiration, sometimes even 2 or 3, before aging up (basically any aspiration that doesn't have being an adult or having a specific adult job is on the table for that), and I dunno if I'd really like it if the options for that were even more limited.