March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What are some trivial things that annoy you?

Comments

• SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    The mean phase, especially now that there are sentiments involved. I have started to cheat it away as soon as it appears, as I would rather not have the whole family get furious and start hating each other because someone was feeling moody.

Oh! I can't say I exactly look forward to it, but I take that as a parenting opportunity. I got one hurt sentiment deep, and had a parent intervene the next time the kid on a mean streak acted out, gently disciplined (I am a marshmallow and always go for "hug it out" if available - it still works), and then followed with "teach an imporant lesson". That ended the streak, and the kid apologizing to his brother fixed the sentiment.

"Loud" is the phase I haven't learned to parent kids out of yet - so I get that they can be annoying. But parenting is actually one of the areas of gameplay where I welcome challenge.
  • sinnyoncesinnyonce Posts: 88 Member
    The butler changing to a different person every time I leave the home lot...this is a known issue as well since two years ago and they still haven't fixed it!!
  • AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,026 Member
    edited October 2021
    Just found a new one - dream home decorator stuff's furniture does not have a proper black swatch. The one that is supposed to be black is actually brown.
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    When terrain has been manipulated on a lot, the grass on the lot looks different in map view. The color doesn’t blend in with the landscape so the lot looks like a big green rectangle.
  • JyotaiJyotai Posts: 505 Member
    edited October 2021
    1. That I cannot control what maps townies (homeless and residents) roam.
    2. That I cannot search and filter the household lists by various sim traits, ages, occult status, or even names of sims that might in one of the households.
    3. That I cannot edit some things in the world that are outside of lots - like that food stall over there with no barstools, or that ice rink in the middle of the parking lot, etc.
    4. That Vacuums are stored in Sim inventory when not in use, rather than placed on the lot. Likewise for bicycles.
    5. That I cannot 'turn off' certain things in townie creation - like piercings (I have MCCC do passes to edit this off of them, but there's always that period between a new townie arriving and the next pass.
    6. That I cannot easily see the list of random names and add to or remove from it.
    7. That some things, even when I set them to not be available to certain occults, or to not be random, in 'Sim 4 Studio' - still show up random and/or on the wrong sim type.
    8. That the game insists on repeat spamming into my townie lists families that consist of the exact same pattern: black young adult mother, black teen daughter, blond blue eyed white child aged son. This pattern - my game is obsessed with it. More variety please...
    9. That so much stuff is NOT filtered into proper labels for 'color' and style - such that the new likes/dislikes system can take advantage of it.
    10. That some modders will claim their traits mods are up to date for the latest patch, when it's still giving errors for having the wrong 'tuning'...
    I don't use Discord because it doesn't support multiple accounts and I don't need folks at work wondering what I'm doing even on my own time. Until Discord catches up with every single other voice / video conferencing system, I limit where I use it:
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,553 Member
    No one tells me "sul sul" on start up anymore.
  • Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,094 Member
    @AngeliqueAdelaide
    The mean phase, especially now that there are sentiments involved. I have started to cheat it away as soon as it appears, as I would rather not have the whole family get furious and start hating each other because someone was feeling moody.

Lir, my current legacy heir is going through that phase, but he hasn't been mean lately. Still, if it's as bad as a toddler getting the hurt sentiment, I might do the same.
  • phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    Game music. I'd really like to be able to hear the radio, but as far as I'm aware, you get all of the music, or none of it.

I'm still fond of the background music, but it's been over a decade that I could sing it in my head, so I need it off for my sanity. If you know a way to have music off, but radios on, please let me know.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,175 Member
    Game music. I'd really like to be able to hear the radio, but as far as I'm aware, you get all of the music, or none of it.

I'm still fond of the background music, but it's been over a decade that I could sing it in my head, so I need it off for my sanity. If you know a way to have music off, but radios on, please let me know.

@phantasmkiss
    You can. In game stereos are classed as sound effects, similar to TVs. So you just need to turn music all the way to zero in the settings. No theme/CAS/build music, but you can still listen to stereos in game.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • JunkyPoemJunkyPoem Posts: 135 Member
    Admiral8Q wrote: »
    Scobre wrote: »
    Not being able to change mirror size and rotating it and location.

With T.O.O.L. you can! Not sure about size/scale, but can move them anywhere!

But we shouldn't need MOO or T.O.O.L to place a base game mirror. It's a skill building object, not a random decoration. Bugs me too, obviously. Either they're too high up or don't fit behind counters, dressers or sinks?
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    edited October 2021
    All refrigerators share an inventory, so if I want to save some oversized crops in there, there’s a risk they will be used in recipes.

All chests share an inventory (except for new chests sold in expansions - but the Discover University one is twice as big. And it’s bugged out on me before where I couldn’t take items out and ruined my family photos, so I don’t trust it.)
  • SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
    edited October 2021
    I hate the emotional auras on pictures. I spend a lot of time trying to take pictures of my sims in the exact spot & position, & for some reason, seeing that there’s an ambiance on my pictures drives me crazy even though you don’t have to turn it on, lol.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,888 Member
    edited October 2021
    babajayne wrote: »
    All refrigerators share an inventory, so if I want to save some oversized crops in there, there’s a risk they will be used in recipes.

All chests share an inventory (except for new chests sold in expansions - but the Discover University one is twice as big. And it’s bugged out on me before where I couldn’t take items out and ruined my family photos, so I don’t trust it.)

agreed its annoying i can't have separate treasure chests for different things wish they didn't share inventory

BUT you can size all storage box things down to a size of jewelry box and they still work :wink:

I always size them down and moveobjects them on some shelf something

but speaking of which I wish we had mini piggy bank for storing money as well as the vault because i can never fit vault in my sims houses and id still like them to save up some money
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • meme009meme009 Posts: 46 Member
    edited October 2021
    Haven't played in about 3 years and I can see a lot of things that annoyed me are still there

But little things that annoy me are

Too much talking, even the children/toddlers.

The only play interaction for children without objects is 'play make believe' and that is still talking They can't play tag like in sims 3

Can't teleport a sim, that is seating or lying down they just get stuck in limbo

Sims can't autonomously eat fruits from their inventory

Heavily pregnant sims, able to walk faster than those doing the annoying 'pee walk'

Sims ignoring a baby needs, and when they do attend to the baby they cycle through do all the useless interactions, before getting to the critical one like feeding a starving baby

The passing out right next a bed is really annoying. Why are sims only able to sleep at certain times? They will always choose the nap interaction at other times

Not able to start a new game without going into CAS

Not able to tell who is married from 'my households' in sims 3 they had their arms round each other

The slouchy posture of the male sims

Toddlers that age up while in in 'day care' getting stuck there

Why can't all traits be randomised in CAS?

Can't 'sell all' from household inventory

Sims constantly 'walking by' when they are supposed to be at work or school, and when you switch to their household they are standing in front of their house!

Actions I cancel not cancelling immediately

Sims only making single meals when they have starving toddlers

Sims prioritising fun/hygiene over hunger, meanwhile they are about to starve to death!

Not able to 'age up' a sim without a cake

Cannot queue certain back to back actions such as eating fruit from inventory

Locked doors that no longer work
    Post edited by meme009 on
  • maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    Always frustrated when building with stairs and windows. I don't understand why we shouldn't be able to place all curtains on windows when near a chair, in stairway or near a door. Some curtains work ok, others don't. You can use MOO but then they disappear when place from library. It's a minor thing but very annoying. I would also love to be able to place staircases above or below another. IRL my basement stairs are beneath the stairs on the first floor. Saves room. I find I have to make my houses larger than I sometimes want to to accommodate staircases.
  • Goth583Goth583 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Sulani natives don't understand privacy and just enter your home any way they can, even when I try to lock them out I swear they still manage to sneak in.
    https://originalsimmer.blogspot.com - Check out my current TS4 Legacy!
  • ChuChuExpressChuChuExpress Posts: 3,228 Member
    Umbrella users, even when I give them the Waterproof reward trait. Granted, I have two mods that deals with excessive umbrella usage (thanks to bienchen), but it is still a nuisance.
    e6581e69b0d7d8f9e02cb1e30b50f464959bfb2a.png
    Sims 4 Family: Benjamin, Shine, Princess Roddy, Sophia and Hamish Furystrykar and Shelly Heart. Princess Roddy is my avatar, and he's a boy!
    Let those smiles spread!
  • PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    Headlights! They annoy me, are there Sims players out there who is uncertain which Sims they are comtrolling at a particular moment?!
  • CaitxcatCaitxcat Posts: 680 Member
    Peral wrote: »
    Headlights! They annoy me, are there Sims players out there who is uncertain which Sims they are comtrolling at a particular moment?!

@Peral Not sure what you mean? Are you referring to the green thing (plumbob) above their heads?
  • manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,103 Member
    I hate not having the option to turn off interactions with other worlds than the one you live in. Yes, it's great to be able to travel to other worlds or be invited to places in other worlds if you don't want to be tied down, but if you're living somewhere like Sulani or Mt Komorebi, it kind of immersion breaking when another sim invites you to go to the park in Newcrest. Also if you're a detective living in Newcrest and you get sent to Sulani on a job, lol.
  • PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    Caitxcat wrote: »
    Peral wrote: »

@Peral Not sure what you mean? Are you referring to the green thing (plumbob) above their heads?

Yes that one and the one who is above the head of everyune they interact with
  • AncaryvanAncaryvan Posts: 736 Member
    edited October 2021
    Conclusion: Sims can't be dynamic.
    1. Eat and Drink: When ALL sims performs these action, once they finish drink they WILL STOP eating and left the remaining left over.
    2. Dining Location: All Sims recognise 2 furniture as dinning place, the table and kitchen counter. About counter. if you only put Juice Bar Counter, they 100% WON'T recognise as the dinning place instead They'll do THIS...
    9ALxcE4.jpg
    Climb on ladder, avoiding the Counter at ALL COST then...

Qq5sDx8.jpg
    Sit on the 2nd floor rocking chair!!!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65VG4IacGsg
    I literally play this music above when playing Sims 4! Cozy and Fuzzy
  • GooseyGoosey Posts: 317 Member
    edited May 2022

Post edited by Goosey on

Gentlemen, from this day forward... you will all refer to me by the name... Betty... myahhahah!
  • SimGuruRitzySimGuruRitzy Posts: 4 SimGuru (retired)
    > @FanPhoria said:
    > Sims getting whims to or autonomously flirting with their in-laws so often.
    >
    > Like, okay, it's fine as a rare occurrence, I get the appeal of the drama, but because there's no real specific designation for that relationship the game just treat them like any other "friend", so almost inevitably a sim with any kind of good relationship with each other can get the idea to flirt with each other, and that should just be way more rare when that sim is your daughter in law.

Hello,

Does this happen when you are in a group conversation with the relative (in this case in-laws)? Have you observed this behaviour with other relatives as well or it's just happening with in-laws?

Thanks!
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,554 Member
    babajayne wrote: »

@babajayne: With my coolerstorefishandfood mod, you can store giant crops as well as other harvestables separately.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen