Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Netz-à-porter – outfits ready to wear for your sims (no CC required)

Comments

• NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    CK213 wrote: »
    I've been inspired alright. :)
    I was just playing my dorm yesterday when your Dark Academia outfits made me realize that my dormies did not fit their setting.

The new outfits you put together indeed make a huge difference. On the before picture the Sims all look like tourists at a museum and in the after pictures they actually belong. Very nice!
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    CK213 wrote: »
    I've been inspired alright. :)
    I was just playing my dorm yesterday when your Dark Academia outfits made me realize that my dormies did not fit their setting.

The new outfits you put together indeed make a huge difference. On the before picture the Sims all look like tourists at a museum and in the after pictures they actually belong. Very nice!

Yeah, that was driven by a current heat wave in my game and it's forcing them into summer wear.
    I also took the time to add some summer wear, because the game will continue to force it while it's hot.
    I could force their Dark Academia outfits, but I do want them to dress appropriately for the season. I think my combos could be better.
    One of the dormies ask my sim for a massage. She complied.
    It's supposed to the other way around.
    09-15-21_8-22-24_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

I'm not so sure about this outfit.
    09-15-21_8-22-53_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

In least interesting fashion news I recently read that white is trending. But I did want to see if I could throw together a few interesting outfits and these are the ones I liked enough to post.

Focus: All White

Ojk7gsN.jpg

Under the spoiler you will find info from which pack the items are I used, in case you have trouble finding them.
    #1 Earrings: CL / Bracelet: GT / Top: BG / Jeans: BN / Shoes: BG
    #2 Beret: CL / Earringes: DHD / Bracelet: BG / Top: CL / Bottom: CoL / Shoes: LP
    #3 Necklace: DHD / Top: SE / Bottom: CoL / Shoes: EL
    #4 Earrings: MOS / Top: CL / Skirt: BG / Shoes: BG

Since this was a smaller post, I thought we could catch up with Twitter! I know not everyone is on Twitter or follows me, so here are a couple of posts from the past few months I really enjoyed putting together.

This is actually my favourite set of outfits I put together this year. I use these alot for party wear or my celebrities/fashionistas.

Focus: Fitness x Fashion

oKqQHW9.jpg

Under the spoiler you will find info from which pack the items are I used, in case you have trouble finding them.
    #1 Earrings: BG / Top: GT / Bottom: DU / Shoes: LP
    #2 Glasses: BG / Top: DU / Bottom: Throwback / Boots: LD
    #3 Necklace: BG / Bracelet: BG / Top: Fit / Bottom: BG / Shoes: BG
    #4 Glasses: SEA / Top: Throwback / Skirt: MOS / Shoes: Spooky

And this is a set of outfits where I was trying to mix patterns and prints in interesting ways and still end up with a nice outfit.

Focus: Patterns & Prints

9ndztGm.jpg

#1 Earrings: BG / Top: EL / Bottom: TL / Shoes: BG
    #2 Hat: BG / Earringes: BG / Top: SE / Bottom: C&D / Tights : BG / Boots: GT
    #3 Beret: CL / Necklace: BG / Top: BG / Skirt: C&D / Tights: BG / Shoes: MOS
    #4 Necklace: GTW / Top: BY / Bottom: ROM / Shoes: BG
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required

we all try ...
  • skyesterskyester Posts: 43 Member
    skyester wrote: »
    Love this thread so much, it is so helpful!

I am curious, have you ever 'made over' the townies now that we have more packs? Like the Landgraabs, Goths, Caliente's, etc. Whenever I see them I just think about how bad they need a makeover but I am awful at putting together outfits.

Anyways, again, thank you for this thread, it helps so much!

@skyester
    Thank you, I'm glad this thread has helped you out!
    To turn what could've been a short answer into a long story, I have 10 saves, which I basically treat as alternate realities of the same world where my Sims make the difference. I generally don't play pre-mades unless they end up with one of my Sims. However, when my Sim becomes friends with a pre-made or they show up all the time at locations like stalkers, I do give them (and the rest of the household) make-overs, especially the BG Sims. I always try to stay true to their style/color choices though. If there is a particular household you were thinking about, I could post some make-over ideas.

That's really neat the you make them over. My biggest problem is that I tend to dress all my sims the same lol. I think the biggest ones I always am trying to do a make-over is the Caliente's and the Landgraab's.

Again, thank you so much for sharing all the outfits you put together.

Giving premades a make-over can have different reasons or serve different purposes. You can want them to look better/different, update the clothing that doesn't change with the addition of new packs or maybe also put a bit more emphasize on the backstory the game suggests or you have in mind for them. The Caliente household and the Landgraab's are actually pretty good examples for that. So this is not about showing off new outfits, but rather to create outfits that fit the story in my mind. Since I don't play them myself, I usually just give pre-mades clothes I don't want to use for my own Sims, but I made an exception today. I will not start to post premade makeovers here, as enough of those are around already and I don't think I have anything new to add. But it was fun to do it once at least and I hope this gives you some new ideas @skyester

I'm only posting 1. Everyday 2. Formal 3. Party 4. Swimwear 5. Hot Weather 6. Cold Weather outfits below.

The Caliente household

To me the Caliente household is really the most tragic of all premades ...

Katrina Caliente – The father of her children is out of the picture, whether he died or just moved on, we don’t know. It left her with a fear of abandonment, which is why she guilt-trips her grown daughters to stay with her and had Don move in. She is constantly trying to keep her younger lover's attention, but no matter how hard she tries she always ends up looking out of time – in age and in fashion.

IEz0ZN4.jpg

Don Lothario – He is exactly up to what everybody thinks he’s up to: He is trying to bed everyone in that house before moving on. He seems superficial and shallow, but sometimes he can’t help but listen to that voice in the back of his mind telling him that the reasons for his attractiveness are only skin-deep and once his looks have faded, he will be the lonely one.

AU79op5.jpg

Nina Caliente – Always having been told how pretty she is, she never worked much to develop a personality or find out what her talents might be. She loves attention and is known to throw a tantrum when it is given to someone else in her presence, especially her sister.

lCYYAkw.jpg

Dina Caliente – Feeling like a wallflower in the presence of her overbearing mother and self-absorbed sister, she actually set some real goals for herself and is eager to work hard to succeed in life. And ultimately Dina has the highest chance of escaping this household of desperate individuals with some dignity to start a brand-new life that is all her own.

HNAZUYt.jpg

The Landgraab Family

Nancy Landgraab – If Nancy believes anything, it is that you can never be too rich or too thin. Every thought she has ever had and any action she has ever taken have been in the pursuit of accumulating wealth and building a shiny facade that allows her to maintain the mindset that she is better than everyone else.

sc1qECO.jpg

Geoffrey Landgraab – Most people take Geoffrey to just be a fool in love, but he knew full well who Nancy was when he married her. He loved her anyway and knew she loved his money. He does get lonely in his mansion with his greedy wife and evil son, but he finds some happiness in being a good friend and neighbor.

l63peE8.jpg

Malcolm Landgraab – His mother’s son, Malcolm is being raised by her to be ruthless and unscrupulous to one day take-over and continue to grow the family fortune. He does not have much to do or in common with his father and rejected him as a role model when he realized that his mother always reaches her goals while his kind and agreeable father never seems to want anything more than what he already has.

sVFddIt.jpg

we all try ...
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    Your stories and designs make these characters come alive! This is the first time in seven years I've actually had any desire to play these premade families.

Just some combos with the new BG outfit and BG shoes.

Sfa4GAB.jpg

we all try ...
  • Kellogg_J_KelloggKellogg_J_Kellogg Posts: 1,548 Member
    Your backstories on the premades are so good, with your approval, I would like to incorporate that into my Simlit story: Sim 66.
    @Kellogg_J_Kellogg Please, go right ahead. It's not like I made up a story. I just connected the dots given the household description and looking at the traits of the Sims in relation to each other and the other household members. Glad you liked it though. :)

we all try ...
  • Kellogg_J_KelloggKellogg_J_Kellogg Posts: 1,548 Member
    Cheers. I've been connecting the dots as well on the official backstories but you've added an extra detail or two that make it work better.
  • RamiSamiiRamiSamii Posts: 222 Member
    edited September 2021
    Hey! If you're up for a request or idea, I've been trying to think of some flamboyant and/or effeminate yet fashionable outfits for male Sims! I've had no luck.
    Post edited by RamiSamii on
    37mfj.png

"Flamboyant yet fashionable" - quite the challenge. I tried some stuff and my personal favourite is #4. For some of the bottoms and jewelry you'll have to remove the 'Male' filter under 'Fashion choice'. And I also recommend using the MAC blush, the highlighter that was added in February and eyeliner to add some drama. Hope you'll find some inspriation! @RamiSamii

Focus: Flashy outfits for males

yDOeayP.jpg

#1 Glasses, Earrings & Rings: BG / Top: SE / Bottom: RG / Shoes: BG
    #2 Glasses: BG / Top: GF / Bottom: BG / Boots: SV
    #3 Glasses: MH / Necklace: GTW / Bracelet: OR / Top: MH / Bottom: BG / Boots: MOS
    #4 Necklace: GTW / Braclets: BG & SEA / Top: IL / Bottom: ROM / Sandals: EL
    #5 Earrings: BG / Bracelet: GTW / Top: MH / Bottom: Para / Sandals: SD
    #6 Earrings & Rings: BG / Top: DHD / Bottom: CoL / Shoes: VG
    #7 Hat: MH / Rings: GF & BG / Full body: CL / Sandals: Spooky
    #8 Glasses, Earrings & Rings: BG / Full body: GF / Socks: BG / Shoes: CL

we all try ...
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    #7 is GOLD!!! LOL.

"Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame

I really enjoy the CAS kits that came out yesterday and this post is for the Incheon Arrivals Kit. I like this kit for the muted colors that are easy to mix & match, the oversized pieces and the new sneakers, which are awesome. So here are a few outfits I will enjoy in my game.

Focus: Incheon Arrivals Kit

461Td2b.jpg

#1 Necklace: DHD / Top: IA / Skirt: GT / Tights: BG / Boots: IA
    #2 Glasses: / Earrings: BG / Top: IA / Bottom: DHD / Boots: DU
    #3 Earrings: BG / Top: DU / Bottom: IA / Shoes: IA
    #4 Necklace: BG / Top: IA / Bottom: CoL / Shoes: IA

dj1hwn7.jpg

#1 Glasses: BG / Top: IA / Bottom: SE / Socks: BG / Shoes: IA
    #2 Necklace: GTW / Top: DHD / Bottom: IA / Boots: MOS
    #3 Necklace: GTW / Top: IA / Bottom: CK / Shoes: IA
    #4 Hat: EL / Top: IA / Bottom: BG / Shoes: ROM

we all try ...
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited October 2021
    @Netzspannung I just wanted to say thank you for what you are doing. My biggest problem when working with as many sims as there in this game, I have a really difficult time in trying to get them all to look different in their clothing styles. I did come across this a while back but totally forgot all about it, got involved with life and other games. It was only after @CK213 was talking about their Dark Academy sims which brought me back, thank you for that. :)
  • StitchkyleStitchkyle Posts: 2 New Member
    Hello, I love your page and lookbooks. Can you possible do a officewear and/or funeral look book?

Hi @Stitchkyle
    Actually I posted some office looks on Twitter last month, but I added a few more outfits to make it a full set.

Focus: Office Looks

HT5o7X0.jpg

#1 Necklace: BG / Top: C&D / Bottom: DO / Shoes: BG (Career unlockable: Style Influencer)
    #2 Glasses: EL / Top: IA / Watch: VG / Bottom: BG / Shoes: BG
    #3 Earrings: BG / Watch: BG / Top: DU (Career unlockable: Teacher) / Bottom: BG / Shoes: LP
    #4 Earrings: BG / Top: IA / Bottom: BG / Tights: BG / Shoes: BG
    #5 Earrings: DHD / Watch: BG / Top: GTW / Bottom: DHD / Mules: BG
    #6 Earrings: GT / Watch: VG / Top: DU / Bottom: CL / Shoes: BG
    #7 Earrings: BG / Bracelet: BG / Top: GTW / Bottom: GT / Tights: BG / Boots: BG
    #8 Necklace: TL / Bracelet: BG / Top: BG / Bottom: CoL / Shoes: BG

A while ago I posted some business casual outfits for males which can be found here. I can try to do an updated version of that, if someone is interested.

I have to think about the funeral outfits. I don't really consider those to be fashion forward events, but I'll tag you if I come up with something and thanks for the nice comment! :)

we all try ...
  • StitchkyleStitchkyle Posts: 2 New Member
    Thank you, those are phenomenal <3
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,120 Member
    Seeing these outfits really makes me wish we could set and share our own Styled Looks. If we could, I would save every single one in this thread. You seem to make some of the most seemingly unusable pieces look like they belong. At this point, I think you could make the hot dog costume look good. :D Thanks for the inspiration.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
    @SweetieWright_84 Thank you for the kind comment! On the forums it can sometimes feel like I'm posting outfits for a very small group of people, so it is nice to know who else is popping in. :) And I also wish we could save our own styled looks, if only because the styled looks that come with the game just use items from a specific pack and BG - for obvious reasons - and CAS really has amazing cross-pack outfit options. It would be an amazing feature, that's for sure.

we all try ...
  • Cendre_MagicECendre_MagicE Posts: 2 New Member
    I love your topic, it always gives me a lot of ideas!
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    edited November 2021
    @SweetieWright_84 Thank you for the kind comment! On the forums it can sometimes feel like I'm posting outfits for a very small group of people, so it is nice to know who else is popping in. :) And I also wish we could save our own styled looks, if only because the styled looks that come with the game just use items from a specific pack and BG - for obvious reasons - and CAS really has amazing cross-pack outfit options. It would be an amazing feature, that's for sure.

Someone posted a link to a tutorial on how to make your own styled looks and I even got a set of looks that are just base game from Tumblr but I haven't seen many people make more custom styled looks. Your outfits would be perfect but I get it if it is too much work for you.

Here is the link: https://www.patreon.com/posts/how-to-make-note-52754475

The modder also talks about possibly making a program that makes it easier to make custom styled looks. It would be such a time saver if they figure how to do it.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    @ SweetieWright_84 Thank you for the kind comment! On the forums it can sometimes feel like I'm posting outfits for a very small group of people, so it is nice to know who else is popping in. :) And I also wish we could save our own styled looks, if only because the styled looks that come with the game just use items from a specific pack and BG - for obvious reasons - and CAS really has amazing cross-pack outfit options. It would be an amazing feature, that's for sure.

Well, just so you know, I use your styled outfits since you started this thread! I am a live mode simmer, I feel like spending time in CAS is a waste of my time. I love how creative your creations are, they are all super fun and the best thing is I don't have to spend my time in CAS! My favorite looks are the color blocking ones. I love how you do the focuses. For example if I have a businessman sim, I go and find them some of your business focus outfit. It definitely gives them more personality. My current family lives in San Myshuno and they are dressed in street wear outfits. I somehow missed the all white focus that is on this page and I can say it fits perfectly for my sim who is in the social media career.

Thank You so so much for doing this <3
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
    @kaiwrysims While it is certainly interesting, you assumed correctly, it is too much "work". I'm just doing this for fun. And while certain themes or requests can take hours to complete (and/or give me a headache) it is still something I enjoy every step of the way. This 25 step tutorial on how to create custom styled looks, however, seems quite dreadful to me for something I do as a hobby in my spare time. I can't really imagine this process catching on, but who knows.

@DoloresGrey Thank you for the kind comment! The color blocking outfits are a nice example of how comments in this thread inspire me to try new things and not just the other way around. The color blocking outfits are also among my favourites, they just ...pop. :) It is nice to know that you're stopping by and I hope you keep finding outfits for your Sims so that you can get back to playing your game!

we all try ...
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    @kaiwrysims While it is certainly interesting, you assumed correctly, it is too much "work". I'm just doing this for fun. And while certain themes or requests can take hours to complete (and/or give me a headache) it is still something I enjoy every step of the way. This 25 step tutorial on how to create custom styled looks, however, seems quite dreadful to me for something I do as a hobby in my spare time. I can't really imagine this process catching on, but who knows.

@DoloresGrey Thank you for the kind comment! The color blocking outfits are a nice example of how comments in this thread inspire me to try new things and not just the other way around. The color blocking outfits are also among my favourites, they just ...pop. :) It is nice to know that you're stopping by and I hope you keep finding outfits for your Sims so that you can get back to playing your game!

Yes it is very complicated which is why I don't think I would ever be able to do it myself lol. But hopefully the modder that posted the tutorial is able to somehow make a program that makes it easier to do. So anyone could create their own styled looks and it's as simple as putting together an outfit in cas. Or better yet we get another cas update that adds at least the ability to copy one outfit in a category, all outfits in a category, or just a sim's entire wardrobe. So I could just use sims from the gallery and copy paste all their outfits on my sim and don't have to spend too long in cas.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top