Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What are some trivial things that annoy you?

Comments

• CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    edited October 2021
    The floaty thing the camera does, especially on higher floors---try to get a closeup, and it darts away like a scared rabbit. How has this not been fixed yet?

I really wish the would give us a shift + move mouse key/mouse combo that would allow us to slow the camera movement down.

[edit]
    I just did some experimenting and found that pressing the shift key while moving makes the camera move faster.
    That's great while low on the ground, but makes things worse when you are higher up.

Perhaps they also have a slow key?
    Post edited by CK213 on
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    That you can make a rental lot a freakin' landfill but not off-the-grid :/
  • ArzekialArzekial Posts: 665 Member
    Random sims getting bent out of shape over a certain style of décor. Why is this even a thing? This would seem more appropriate attached to the snob trait imo. I don't think they thought this whole likes and dislikes thing through very well. Marcus Flex - dislikes fitness??? It would have been better having traits open up different likes and dislikes.
  • LouisaB75LouisaB75 Posts: 8 New Member
    The decor thing is winding me up with one particular sim who insists on randomly going to the one room in the very large house with the single item that he doesn't like. I tested it and put the lamp in a room on its own on the lowest level of the basement with nothing there at all except the lamp, and he still went to see it and get tense about it.

I have sims who dislike things that they still go and do on their own without my telling them to, but I didn't realise that Marcus didn't like fitness. But he is dead in my main world anyway, after a tragic heart attack while attempting the climbing wall. I built a custom gym with climbing walls and had my sim join Powerhouse. Apparently elders are very eager to use the climbing walls and if there are any in the club they will gravitate to them every single time. Death count is currently at 13 for club members having heart attacks, Marcus was, if I recall correctly the first. On one occasion the Grim Reaper hadn't even had time to leave the lot after the first death before a second one happened.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited October 2021
    Arzekial wrote: »
    Random sims getting bent out of shape over a certain style of décor. Why is this even a thing? This would seem more appropriate attached to the snob trait imo.

I think they should have made that feature so that sims would react to the decor if there are a lot of items in the house that they dislike, not just one item and probably not on a lot that they don't own. As of now, you can invite a sim over and they will get tense over one candle that you have in one room in your house.
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    edited October 2021
    Townie fashions. And townies in general.
    Stuff getting nerfed. 😒

Two of my biggest pet peeves are townies and nerfing.
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
    edited October 2021
    logion wrote: »
    Random sims getting bent out of shape over a certain style of décor. Why is this even a thing? This would seem more appropriate attached to the snob trait imo.

I think they should have made that feature so that sims would react to the decor if there are a lot of items in the house that they dislike, not just one item and probably not on a lot that they don't own. As of now, you can invite a sim over and they will get tense over one candle that you have in one room in your house.

Yeah, they went a little overboard with the likes and dislikes. I've also noticed visiting sims actively seek out items in my sims home to get annoyed over. I really think it would help if they attached the likes and dislikes to traits. Snob trait - can like/dislike décor, active trait - no fitness likes or dislikes available on their list etc., etc.. I do think the likes/dislikes was a good addition to the game, but it definitely needs refining.
  • HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    If you make a sim dislike mischief and they have the goofball trait, the trait overrides any (if any) autonomy for mischief interactions and the sim ends up spamming them to the point of making themselves upset. I have one sim in particular who does this and as a result she is always embarrassed/uncomfortable.

Girl, just stop!!

angry-mad.gif
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • ConclueConclue Posts: 2,307 Member
    I just got so irritated by game because of the RELENTLESS need for Sims to constantly be walking around with "have to pee" walk animations for 25% bladder. I loose so many customers because I didn't realize that since I clicked "ring up customer" it would suddenly take her 2 hours to get upstairs to ring her out because "pee walk" is *such an adorable and practical feature*.

I almost exited the game of it. 10 hours of chasing customers around and I'm loosing them cuz "pee walk". I get why Simmers complain so much about Sims 4. There are some absolutely maddening things that happen and it's as if no one at EA notices when they play the game. Daily.
  • CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    Conclue wrote: »
    I just got so irritated by game because of the RELENTLESS need for Sims to constantly be walking around with "have to pee" walk animations for 25% bladder. I loose so many customers because I didn't realize that since I clicked "ring up customer" it would suddenly take her 2 hours to get upstairs to ring her out because "pee walk" is *such an adorable and practical feature*.

I almost exited the game of it. 10 hours of chasing customers around and I'm loosing them cuz "pee walk". I get why Simmers complain so much about Sims 4. There are some absolutely maddening things that happen and it's as if no one at EA notices when they play the game. Daily.

Me: If you'd hurry up you would get to the toilet sooner.
    Don't get me wrong, I think the Have To Go walk is hilarious but there are times...Sometimes you just have to shift+click and Cheat Needs.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    edited October 2021
    I don't think they thought this whole likes and dislikes thing through very well. Marcus Flex - dislikes fitness??? It would have been better having traits open up different likes and dislikes.

If you set them some likes and dislikes they don't get randomized ones
    (i think? unsure if they get new ones on background though but i hope not)

the biggest issue here is that likes and dislikes was added when people already had saves full of sims so if you want to see the good side of it you'll have to set them for every freaking sim yourself

(which many players don't do cause its tons of work)

that being said the likes and dislikes are missing so many activities etc. that i find hard to pick one to suit my sims

and as for asking them to update old premades with new likes and dislikes...

I'll pass because I don't think they were very thought out with new sims either so i prefer to set my own even if it takes ages :|

and i absolutely do not want them locked behind traits because why does my sim have to be creative to enjoy singing like naw
    Post edited by Simmingal on
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • ApricusApricus Posts: 671 Member
    edited October 2021
    When your trying to keep your toddler from starving to death, so you put it in the high chair to feed them. Immediately after, the sim removes the child from the high chair.

You have a household full of sims that are able to care for a baby (it doesn’t even take that long!) yet they refuse to do the one option (Or even interact with the baby at all) that needs to be done to stop them crying or being whisked away.

Stupid townie clothes. Can’t tell how many times I’ve had a nice picture but the clothes the townies are wearing in the background or Closer up are trash.

Vampire Ai is horrible and deadly. They just stand in the sun, not caring if their skin is getting all crispy and flaky. They don’t even bother to move. If possible, it’s one of the stupidest AI in game.

The AI in general.

I don’t want my sims dying 24/7 or everything bad happening, but geez I have to do depressing story lines so something goes wrong (which I tend to do anyhow)! Even then I already know what I’m going to put into motion, and it’s not a surprise. I did have a teen vampire get burned to a crisp, but that wasn’t the game throwing something unexpected, that was the Ai being stupid and not moving to cover that was close by (not to mention it was almost night!)
    ZjzmtTb.jpg
  • HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    I consider this trivial since I haven't seen anyone else complain about it but I wish there was a way to modify/edit the ads we see at the main menu of the game. I'm tired of seeing that 100 baes thing or whatever. Seriously wish I could click it away.
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    HopeyStarr wrote: »
    I consider this trivial since I haven't seen anyone else complain about it but I wish there was a way to modify/edit the ads we see at the main menu of the game. I'm tired of seeing that 100 baes thing or whatever. Seriously wish I could click it away.

It would be great if we could click it away, or better yet if they'd just stick to actual game/DLC/company-related ads. I don't care what other players do in their games, and I'm especially not interested in watching videos about them.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    VeeDub wrote: »

It would be great if we could click it away, or better yet if they'd just stick to actual game/DLC/company-related ads. I don't care what other players do in their games, and I'm especially not interested in watching videos about them.

This! I don't care about anything that doesn't have to do with the official game.

Honestly, I wish the main menu had an ad for the latest pack, a collage of photos from my screenshots folder, and a video clip from something.
    Simmingal wrote: »
    I don't think they thought this whole likes and dislikes thing through very well. Marcus Flex - dislikes fitness??? It would have been better having traits open up different likes and dislikes.

If you set them some likes and dislikes they don't get randomized ones
    (i think? unsure if they get new ones on background though but i hope not)

the biggest issue here is that likes and dislikes was added when people already had saves full of sims so if you want to see the good side of it you'll have to set them for every freaking sim yourself

(which many players don't do cause its tons of work)

that being said the likes and dislikes are missing so many activities etc. that i find hard to pick one to suit my sims

and as for asking them to update old premades with new likes and dislikes...

I'll pass because I don't think they were very thought out with new sims either so i prefer to set my own even if it takes ages :|

and i absolutely do not want them locked behind traits because why does my sim have to be creative to enjoy singing like naw

Well, there is a music lover trait so, I don't see a reason to lock it behind creative either. I just want the game to stop giving them out randomly. Have the game's random system have them locked out of certain traits, but we can still give our sims whatever we want in CAS. The game's random system is just causing too many problems. Like, giving Marcus dislikes fitness, or actors that hate acting... it just makes no sense.
  • JunkyPoemJunkyPoem Posts: 135 Member
    Whims. Love to spend points they give, hate repetitive ones that popup.

Toilet Paper. Walls are down or cutaway in game, so why is it there?

Winter Clothing. Always someone in Vampire gear when it's cold. Inside, they don't change back to everyday (even when the thermostat or fireplace is on).

• HazellyHazelly Posts: 38 Member
    > @Onverser said:
    > As the title says, what are some trivial things in the game that bug you?

Sims deciding to either sit in every chair in the house other than the living room table when eating meals or choosing to walk all the way upstairs to wash their plates even though there was a sink right next to them in the kitchen.
  • Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,094 Member
    Sims interjecting themselves into conversations that you don't want them to be a part of. Yes, my sim is trying to do something evil, but I'm trying to tell a story, and I'm stuck replaying the same plum scene a third time because I keep having sims interrupt my evil sim. Like, they aren't a part of the story so I want them to just go the plum away.
    Also, I keep having my sims throw off a scene by trying to walk away mid way through.
    Monet11 wrote: »
    Sims generating in CAS with tattoos and piercings really annoys me. If I want piercings, I can add them. I don't ever use tattoos. I do think it is trivial, but man, it is super annoying to have to constantly remove these things.

The piercings are something that really bothers me too. I've had problems where the sim has way too many piercings, and it just looks so abnormal. Like, these are sims with multiple nose piercings, ear piercings, and etc... It doesn't even look good with what they put on them.
  • GreylingGreyling Posts: 163 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    I often run out of space for notifs so i have habit of screenshotting those everytime i get something fun but i would surely like if they stopped putting the "you took screenshot" notifs cause its sort of cluttering it up

then again sounds tied to actions get easily glitched and buggy slowing things down so i really don't want sound tied to screenshot either so idk :/

That’s a nice idea. I’ll keep that in mind, thanks :)
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    The weekly notification about N.A.P voting despite having this feature turned off.
  • JustMeAlbJustMeAlb Posts: 371 Member
    It's annoying that I can't queue up multiple "drink plasma pack"s for a vampire without them being dropped.
    The cake is a lie
  • AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,026 Member
    The mean phase, especially now that there are sentiments involved. I have started to cheat it away as soon as it appears, as I would rather not have the whole family get furious and start hating each other because someone was feeling moody.