Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you use the Gender Options ?

Comments

• FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 846 Member
    No
    I don't, but I'm totally fine with the option being there. As someone else said, I occasionally use it to make infertile females if I don't want them having children, but that's about it.
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,227 Member
    edited October 2021
    Yes
    As someone else said, I occasionally use it to make infertile females if I don't want them having children, but that's about it.

I forgot this option. It could be useful with alien abduction.

The vampires or immortal spellcasters should be infertile.

• BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited October 2021
    Yes
    I'm a pretty stereotypical damsel in distress waiting on a white horsed prince in real life. But in sims I love playing with the gender options all the time. Still one of my favorite features.
    I've made some pretty amazing gender bending sims ! I like setting their preferences and I'm always mix matching clothes of different genders.
    I had one of my main character trans sim for some years now maybe since 2016. He changed over the years as more options came to the game. Still my #1 sim! I couldn't have made him exactly as I imagined without the gender options! 💙💙💚💛
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,126 Member
    Yes
    I make my females true females & my males true males. No trans, binary or whatever. My sims stays true to what they were originally made for.
  • JustMeAlbJustMeAlb Posts: 371 Member
    Yes
    Used it a couple of times for female sims that didn't care for dresses/skirts. Once tried to give a female sim a masculine frame but wasn't pleased with the extreme result and wasn't competent enough in CAS to tone it down.
    The cake is a lie
  • haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    edited October 2021
    Rarely
    I once made a drag queen, July Moyer, and had fun designing her outfits. He was Alex Moyer and J Huntington III's son, but I didn't play them much, so July didn't have a very deep character. She did some comedy routines and had a club, but in the end I didn't enjoy playing her and deleted both July and Alex (J had already died then). Oh and I also made a nonbinary merfolk once, but they got deleted too. I might try again some day with a dearer sim, but then again I might not.

Sometimes I give my female sims "male clothes" if I want them to wear loose shirts, but I have never changed their clothing preferences, I think. I may have made a couple of unfertile sims, but I'm not sure. I'd like to use that option more and I'm also a bit curious to try male pregnancy... but would kinda like to give it for occults or somehow different sims. Merfolk might be a good option since I don't have aliens.
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    Rarely
    Hi,

5 years later, does anyone use this feature ?

I rarely use it. As I mostly make my favourite TV characters I know who I’m making.

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    Yes
    Yes! Because I love for my same sex couples to be able to have biological children related to both of them. Although actually, I usually just rely on MCCC for this because you can set MCCC so that all same sex couples can impregnate one another rather than having to set it for each sim individually which is tedious and annoying.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Rarely
    Once or twice to let my male sims get pregnant
  • DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,144 Member
    The only thing what I do, is to use both gender categories for both genders, to have more options. In my decade challenge I'm currently in the 80's, and I have very little (well except makeup) style options for that decade. It was a time where woman wore also big shoulder pads and have fluffy blouses, only the male suits give my female sims that masculine shoulder look.
  • dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    No
    Never
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    Yes
    I've mostly used the 'get others pregnant' with my lesbian couples, but I've raised a few transgender kids and edited them once they became teenagers. Regardless of whether I use it, however, I want the options to be there for transgender and non-binary players.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Yes
    Yikes, this thread!

Yes, I use custom gender settings frequently.

Sex and gender are complex and always have been. Yes, even in the "conservative" suburban 80s.

• CaitxcatCaitxcat Posts: 680 Member
    edited October 2021
    Yes
    I use it to have my same sex couples have babies.

Edit: Have these options really been around for 5 years? I feel like it was added later than that. Time flies, lol
    Post edited by Caitxcat on
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    No
    Nah. It's just not something that interests me.
  • IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    No
    No, I've not used it and only recently found out about it. I am glad it's there. One of these days I may come up with a sim who will be perfect for this option.
  • auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    No
    I have never used it. I actually forget that it's there. I'm glad that other people find a use for it and I think it's a great addition I just don't use in my gameplay.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Yes
    only as a contraceptive/birth control though so sims can or cannot get pregnant/get others pregnant. Only 3-4 times I've used it to change gender etc.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,547 Member
    edited October 2021
    Rarely
    I'm uncertain which options you mean, exactly. My only use of a 'gender' option is to allow my 18th century men to wear the over the knee stocking from the female category. Beyond this, it's a FIRM NO.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,860 Member
    Yes

@GalacticGal the OP posted a pic of the feature he is referring to.

• GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,547 Member
    Rarely

Well, thank you for that. I had to search for it after I saw your post. This should have been up with the original post to avoid confusion. I don't read others' posts until I answer it myself.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,860 Member
    Yes

Well, thank you for that. I had to search for it after I saw your post. This should have been up with the original post to avoid confusion. I don't read others' posts until I answer it myself.

I'm just the opposite. :) I don't respond to a thread unless I've read it all so as to avoid redundancy in repeating already posted info.
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    Rarely
    I would use it so much more if the clothes actually fit correctly for the opposite frame. :neutral: But I love having custom gender options and do use them occasionally.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Yes
    Definitely. Being Cisstraight white and male it might surprise people.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • JyotaiJyotai Posts: 505 Member
    edited October 2021
    Sharonia wrote: »
    I don’t even know what the gender options are.

^ This.

But I see someone added a screenshot and yeah, I recall looking at that a few times. I've not messed with it.

I am using some mods that handle NSFW and Romance content - and these seem to control 'preferences' more or less autonomously.

As for gender identity, I've just let the game 'do it's own thing' - I am now guessing that this does however seem to result in doing no thing, as I've not encountered a sim that to my knowledge was not 'cis'.

But I also let a LOT of townies flood my game and then get culled through a variety of MCCC settings so unless they happen to interact with a sim I'm playing in that moment, they are 'short lived and quickly forgotten' before I notice their details.

I don't use Discord because it doesn't support multiple accounts and I don't need folks at work wondering what I'm doing even on my own time. Until Discord catches up with every single other voice / video conferencing system, I limit where I use it: