Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Library problems

My game has decided to no longer save new lots to my library. All I get are notices there was a problem. To make it worse, one of them was a major revision to one already there, and now the original can't be found. The other stuff in the library, yes; that, no. The tray file is nothing but a mass of alpha-numeric files so no way to tell which is the bad one to pull and replace.

Does the tray, like the mods folder, work with sub-folders?

Comments

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,836 Member
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    Bummer! Thank you for checking and replying.
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    I don't know about the library, there may be a way to see what the file name is though like there is for saves. I know I'm missing a lot of files myself that I published on the gallery, and some of them were my favorite families. If there is a way to find the file name, that may make the search easier. The whole shebang seems buggy right now.
    Very. Like a 100 piece jigsaw puzzle without the picture to guide you in putting it together.
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    edited October 2021
    I there a regular problem with the library self destructing? I rarely use the gallery, but if I lost my entire library I think I'd quit the game.
    Regular, not yet, but it did a few months ago when masses of files there got an X in them at the far left. fortunately, I have 2nd installation on a separate computer, so was able to copy that and put into the ravaged folder. A major nuisance. The current issue us milder, the game simply refuses to save new items I've made into my library. I fully understand your feelings and would consider doing the same. One can take only so muh aggravation.