Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why all the eating-off-plates for everything?

I just need to blow off some steam, lol. I was thinking about the vending machines, food truck etc. Right now I have the nraas cupcake mod in my game so I can make atleast a useable counter with greasy foods for my arcade halls. There's no one actually there to sell the food, etc but atleast it works.

I remember way back in Sims 1 we had TONS of NPCs serving food. Junk food, smoothies, ice cream, etc. Sims 3 somehow refused to use NPCs that never clocked off. (Why did it have to be real sims? ....that's the point with a NPC. Just look at those robots with the gambling cards....they are NPCs..) Anyway, I also like having the vending machines.

But I really really wish there was a way to have an "indoor food truck" - just some place to buy some greasy food to enjoy while wasting simoleans at the arcade hall.

Better yet - food they dont sit down to eat on a plate. It's just so stupid. They sit down and eat one single hot dog on a plate. Instead of just walking around wolfing it down. Like in Sims 1. And with the vending machines.

Same with the "Bowl of popcorn" lol EA didnt even try. Atleast they also made the popcorn machine etc (that you had to pay etxtra for in the Store but ok...)

Are there ANY foods they stand while eating / dont eat off plates in Sims 3 except the soda/candy bar, ice cream and popcorn from machines?

Did anyone ever make any mods or something to have them enjoy more junk from vending machines or similar?
What are your thoughts?

Comments

• jaletu2005jaletu2005 Posts: 688 Member
    I know this thread is from April but I feel your pain! I too wanted more finger foods in the sims 3. As for the NPC question, I think it has something to do with the open world. All Sims are a part of it and have their own lives. The Android Sims in the gambling items are more like machines - not alive.

However in the EP Into the Future, they have a food replicator that you could use for vending on community lots. I would just use them one at a time to avoid spawning waiters. Kind of an automat type situation. I think it might work. But yes we need more food vending items.

Oh, don't forget the icecream maker and fryer from the store. They are self serve but fun on community lots. Just make sure your SIM visits the lot to clean up. Sims make the biggest messes!
    Screenshot-5.jpg