Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How often are Alien abductions?

I've been playing my current save since February this year and so far during my rotation of my families in Newcrest i haven't had any Alien abductions. How often do they occur? Or do they happen in Newcrest?

Comments

• Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    They're pretty rare. I forgot exactly which patch it was, but they nerfed them pretty hard. I have had GTW since launch and since the nerf I haven't had a spontaneous abduction yet. You can encounter them more with the Scientist Career and the satellite produced through it.
  • Options
    CaprianaBCaprianaB Posts: 511 Member
    I get them quite often, but I have some Sims in the scientist career and play with aliens too, all in one rotational save.
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,651 Member
    edited October 2021
    They happen in any world, I think. But you need the Get To Work pack and you pretty much have to trigger them someway these days. Have a sim in the scientist career use the Observatory, the satellite dish or the Out Of This World computer, use the Contact Aliens interaction on the Observatory. I’ve had it trigger by interacting with aliens in world (some I made just for that purpose, and some I met at Alien Night at the bar). A scientist can also build the rocket ship and go to Sixam, which will definitely increase your chances.

I don’t know if building the rocket and going on the alien adventure at City Living’s GeekCon is a trigger as well, but it’s kind of fun for storytelling and can’t hurt.
  • Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    I don't know when they were nerfed but before I used MCCC to prevent them happening I used to have abduction events quite often (since at least late 2019, when I first got Get To Work).
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
  • Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    edited October 2021
    I can confirm they do happen in Newcrest - I've had quite a few happen there, as all my sims live there first. I even once had my two alien founders abducted from there within seconds of each other - and both came back pregnant (setting on MCCC allowing female alien preg)!

ETA: If you want to meet aliens, Alien Night is the easiest way. Tuesday nights at the bars, I do believe.
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    The latest alien abduction to occur to my sim was just the other day when my female sim was abducted. I didn't worry, but when she came back she was pregnant with alien baby! NOOOO! Thank heavens for MCCC, I snuffed that little crumb cruncher real quick. Since when does a female sim get pregnant by aliens?
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    bshag4lv wrote: »
    The latest alien abduction to occur to my sim was just the other day when my female sim was abducted. I didn't worry, but when she came back she was pregnant with alien baby! NOOOO! Thank heavens for MCCC, I snuffed that little crumb cruncher real quick. Since when does a female sim get pregnant by aliens?

You may have both males and females selected under Occult for alien pregnancies. Might want to check.
  • Options
    GreylingGreyling Posts: 163 Member
    To me they seem to come in waves. I tried out Eco Lifestyle when it was available as a trial version a couple of weeks ago and during that my sim got abducted 3 times - and she wasn’t even in the scientist career, but it later turned out that at least three sims among her friend/acquaintances were aliens in disguise.

When I picked up my Cottage Living test save again afterwards, my sim in that save (who’s not in the scientist career either) got abducted 2 times pretty shortly after my return from the alien-filled Eco test. It almost felt as if the influx of aliens had spilled over to the Cottage save. So far my sim has identified three disguised aliens among her list of friends/acquaintances.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    It doesn't happen often. If you can you should use mcc to make it happen more. space rocks also help.
    I think the cursed lot trait also helps,but it is bugged at the moment and causes fires.
    so use at your own risk.
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    TorieTorie Posts: 87 Member
    Never happened in TS4 (in THS3 - very often).

I never played scientist though, maybe that's why.
  • Options
    blueyblueskyblueybluesky Posts: 1,373 Member
    I get them quite often in my households that have an alien
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    I just had my first abduction since when GTW came out and there were multiple abductions per day. Now I don't get them ever and one just happened as I was building and playtesting. That was unfortunate because it will probably be forever until it happens again.
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited October 2021
    They occur once every 50 real life years because they got nerfed.

Seriously though, first you have to have the Get To Work expansion installed, then you have to trigger them. Some ways to do that are:
    • The scientist career as other already mentioned.
    • Attend Alien Night at any bar. It happens on Tuesday nights in game.
    • If you use the bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement cheat to unlock game rewards there’s a computer that is a reward for like level 10 of the science career, I think it’s called the Out Of This World Desktop PC. Using it can trigger abductions.
    • Moving an alien that you perhaps befriended at bar night into your home.
    • Using the satellite dish pictured in the spoiler you can contact aliens which increases your chance for abductions, you can also pause abductions for 24 in game hours.
      0LIwwwk.png
    • I have also found once you encounter aliens angering one can increase chances of being abducted too.

You will more than likely need to do more than one of these many times before you get an abduction because as I said it was “tuned down” shortly after the packs release due to the delicate psychological constitutions of many among us 🙄. The quickest most reliable way to get abductions rolling is to install MCCC and use the “occult abduction settings” listed here.
    Post edited by Pamtastic72 on
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    bshag4lv wrote: »

You may have both males and females selected under Occult for alien pregnancies. Might want to check.

Hi, thanks for the tip but I don't have females checked. She does go to the bar almost every night and accidently hit alien night. I don't like aliens, never have since they first showed up.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,345 Member
    edited October 2021
    I have an alien sim, who is a scientist, who has alien co-workers he interacts with regularly, and in roughly 80 sim days, he has been abducted 4 times. So that's a rate of about once every twenty days, under conditions that increase chances of abductions.

In other saves, I have some scientist sims or sims that socialize with aliens who have been abducted maybe once or twice in roughly the same length of time (so not meeting all the criteria seems to cut chances down by at least half). That would be about once in every forty to eighty sim days. I have never had a sim abducted who does not fit at least one of these conditions: scientist, alien, or socializes regularly with an alien.

I play with aging turned off. If you play on short lifespan, you might easily miss getting abducted because it happens so infrequently.

Alien abductions can happen in any world. I have had them occur in Strangerville, Windenburg, Oasis Springs, Willow Creek, Forgotten Hollow, and San Myshuno.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • Options
    CaitxcatCaitxcat Posts: 680 Member
    I wonder if the chances have been reduced since it first came out because I have maybe only gotten one lately, i doubt even that. A bit disappointing.
  • Options
    JyotaiJyotai Posts: 505 Member
    Brd709 wrote: »
    How often do they occur? Or do they happen in Newcrest?

The more aliens you play with, the more they happen.

At this point in my game I could pretty much rename them "Uber pickup" because they happen ALL THE TIME.

In any map. My own Alien sims get abducted all the time. I imagine that must be an awkward moment on the ship...

Went through with the 'Sim Info' mod recently and I seem to have a veritable army of Alien townies... I'm looking to delete 30 or so of them and get things 'under control'...
    I don't use Discord because it doesn't support multiple accounts and I don't need folks at work wondering what I'm doing even on my own time. Until Discord catches up with every single other voice / video conferencing system, I limit where I use it:
  • Options
    ACruelButLovingGodACruelButLovingGod Posts: 708 Member
    They do happen in Newcrest—one of my sims was nearly abducted before I intervened with the resetsim cheat and put a stop to it. When I retraced the chain of events to the sim in question meeting and befriending an alien, said alien got marked for death (and left a really cool-looking headstone in the dump...er, graveyard.) Sure, the game just spawned another alien, but I found them in Manage Households and made their disguise look like their alien form for easy identification. My simworld's canon is that Earth is full of xenophobes, and aliens are hated and avoided, forbidden from holding jobs or marrying humans. No real "social commentary" implications, aliens were just an unwelcome addition to a pack I bought for the active careers.
    (he/him)
    And remember this above all. Our Roman gods are watching. Make sure they are not ashamed!
    My NBA site, Pace and Space
  • Options
    Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,083 Member
    Well, it finally happened just now! My sim Andrew was casually talking to the gentlemen behind him then the alien's came for him!
    fXZ7T70.png
  • Options
    JustMeAlbJustMeAlb Posts: 371 Member
    About a weak ago my sim was abducted in Oasis Springs after a night in his observatory "searching for the truth". I hadn't gotten around to doing anything with the Get To Work pack besides a brief visit to Magnolia Promenade and checking out Sixam to work on some collections. When I saw the light and he floated off my first thought was "please don't make him pregnant".
    The cake is a lie
  • Options
    Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,123 Member
    It happens often. But only once in awhile for my Sims
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    I had only 2(?) abductions during the 6 years I've been playing (assuming GTW was released pretty early). But I think it increases if you play the Aliens more. I mostly ignore them, but at one point I had one sim start a relation with one in order to get pregnant, and my abductions might have occurred at that time. Aliens are practically none existent in my worlds, except the alien night at bars, of course (which I avoid).
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,959 Member
    I've played this save for 2+ years daily and ive yet to have alien abduction :sweat_smile:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,103 Member
    edited October 2021
    So, I l'll have to share the screenshot, but my sim fired an Alien when I didn't know that they were an Alien. When my sim got home, he got abducted. This was with retail.

My only fear with Alien abductions is the unstable hybrid merfolk/alien. I have a lot of mermen that would produce glitched babies. I did create an Alien Merman, but the process to create one is not easy. To create a stable connection to Aliens with merfolk, you have to turn a half-alien/ half-human into a mermaid or merman.

Anyways, I wanted to create an Alien Legacy starting with a human founder. It might take a while to get an Alien pregnancy.