Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which Maxis-created city do you like best?

Which Maxis-created city do you like best? 99 votes

Downtown (The Sims)
3%
WarGreymon77zero35Lady_Ballora 3 votes
Downtown (The Sims 2)
6%
StormkeepM13VulpeculawaterywatermelonVanPelt81WildIrishBansheeVINNIH 6 votes
Belladonna Cove (The Sims 2)
6%
LittleMandalionOldeseadoggeEricasFreePlayEllupelluelluSimcity_Trainssimmerorigin 6 votes
Bridgeport (The Sims 3)
21%
Sara1010PVageniusairotciv54Charlottekntaydevbenson2006pandabear1836CAPTAIN_NXR7texxx78TurnerMantleJackalPlainevilValeahparadiseplanetSERVERFRATurjanSleepstarCalico45DragonmasterleoImagebear 21 votes
Roaring Heights (The Sims 3)
14%
pisceschick75franka44021g01denswanalanmichael1DarkLady2788duhboy2u2viola-illyriaLatinaBunnyBreazonaRedShoe7CattyBetsyChicklet453681izecsonShamae03 14 votes
Windenburg (The Sims 4)
22%
CK213Erja888Isb917Simburiansimgirl1010luthienrisingSneakfeline0barracuda1574MilutinMujovicGlimmer50TeeSeaMendotaEnkiSchmidtAmandèleSeashoreLiviaRhain420ZazzyKittynAaleynHauk150bookwormsimmer25 22 votes
San Myshuno (The Sims 4)
25%
LeGardePourpregrevilliabluePlayerSinger2010mueller_liteemereOnversercalipossJojoMOMSTEREvilyn_1007joRN1414EA_Marinetney52SimmingalSiggDiggitElliandremightyspriteVeeDubACruelButLovingGodSkyrryxTempest329 25 votes
Del Sol Valley (The Sims 4)
0%
Evergreen Harbor (The Sims 4)
2%
shellbemeedgy_princessa_ 2 votes

Comments

• SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Bridgeport (The Sims 3)
    Bridgeport is & always the best world. <3B);)
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Bridgeport (The Sims 3)
    I am going to say Bridgeport. I have more fond memories of Belladonna Cove, but that was more because of the additions of apartments, witches, and one family in particular I loved. I am not a big fan of the very urban city worlds, even if I love the packs they come in. If we had been voting on this instead my answer would have been very different (looking at you infectious fame system).

Bridgeport felt very much one of a kind in 3 and I enjoyed messing with it, but it was too limited for me to use it a lot. It definitely stands out in my mind when mentioning Sims cities, which is not the same as some of the other candidates.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    San Myshuno (The Sims 4)
    Out of these, San Myshuno, but my actual favorite is Starlight Shores :)
  • ACruelButLovingGodACruelButLovingGod Posts: 708 Member
    San Myshuno (The Sims 4)
    San Myshuno, by a sizeable margin, and more specifically the Spice District. I love the waterfront/lower-middle-class vibe, and while it's got a heavy inspiration from San Francisco's Fisherman's Wharf IRL, it has a bit of a Brooklyn brownstone or even Seattle retail core/west to Pike Place Market feeling as well.
    (he/him)
    And remember this above all. Our Roman gods are watching. Make sure they are not ashamed!
    My NBA site, Pace and Space
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,547 Member
    edited October 2021
    My favorite world is whatever best suits the story of my game. My favorite Sims 3 worlds were Sunlit Tides and Isla Paradiso (especially that private island where NPCs came to die due to routing issues), and Roaring Heights. But that was because I had a surf band save and a Ziegfeld Follies save going in those worlds. My favorite Sims 4 worlds right now are Glimmerbrook/Magic Realm, Sulani and HOB because I’m playing a supernatural storyline that fits best in these worlds. In all Sims 4 saves, though, San Myshuno gets the most traffic because I use the festivals for social opportunities a lot.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    Bridgeport (The Sims 3)
    Bridgeport was the very first Sims world I ever played in. It gives me the city vibe I need from this game. And I'm a sucker for cars and bands and elevator woohoo. I really love the apartment life in Bridgeport.
  • waterywatermelonwaterywatermelon Posts: 473 Member
    Downtown (The Sims 2)
    cyncie wrote: »
    My favorite world is whatever best suits the story of my game. My favorite Sims 3 worlds were Sunlit Tides and Isla Paradiso (especially that private island where NPCs came to die due to routing issues), and Roaring Heights. But that was because I had a surf band save and a Ziegfeld Follies save going in those worlds. My favorite Sims 4 worlds right now are Glimmerbrook/Magic Realm, Sulani and HOB because I’m playing a supernatural storyline that fits best in these worlds. In all Sims 4 saves, though, San Myshuno gets the most traffic because I use the festivals for social opportunities a lot.

@cyncie The question explicitly stated "Maxis-created city" and listed specific cities with tall skyscrapers and buildings that are in close proximity with each other. Sunlit Tides and Isla Paradiso don't look like cities to me.
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    I loved the 1920's to 1940's feel of Roaring Heights. The art deco decor (my personal favorite decor type), the clothing and the slick feel of the town.. I wish we had something like it in TS4.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,547 Member
    edited October 2021

@cyncie The question explicitly stated "Maxis-created city" and listed specific cities with tall skyscrapers and buildings that are in close proximity with each other. Sunlit Tides and Isla Paradiso don't look like cities to me.

I understood the poll, thank you very much, and didn’t vote because my play style doesn’t fit your question. I attempted to share that by indicating how I choose where to play, with illustrations. And your correction doesn’t change my point… the one I like best is whatever suits my story.
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,104 Member
    Downtown (The Sims 2)
    I like Downtown, Sims 2 version, the best. I have no knowledge of any of the Sims 3 options, and the Sims 4 options still feel empty to me compared to even the Sims 1 Downtown! The Sims 2 version really nailed that city feel, though I do like certain aspects of San Myshuno.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    :/ This is too hard. :D I loved TS4's WB world, it was the best for the family I was playing of all time for that story, but I also think TS1's Downtown is something very special....I can't vote, because it's too hard.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    Belladonna Cove as it's been a great place over the years for all sorts of wild and wacky Simian adventures. My go to place for making miniature Sim Titanic. For TS4, Windenburg thanks to its Old World feel.
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member

Cyncie, that's the thing about polls. You don't always have to vote on them if they don't suit you but you can always answer the question the way you want to. No need to get upset because he didn't answer the poll.
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    I chose Belladonna Cover over Downtown in Sims 2 because I have the chance to play more University students by sending the Teens to college in my games. There are students in the Downtown area that go to college but I prefer the other cities.
  • Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 888 Member
    Bridgeport (The Sims 3)
    Bridgeport and then Windenburg are my always play in cities.
  • WritingAndSimmingWritingAndSimming Posts: 21 Member
    Windenburg (The Sims 4)
    While I love Bridgeport and San Myshuno, I mostly play TS4, and I almost always play in Windenburg. The Windenburg townies are my favorites, though, so that may be why. (especially the Villareal and Munch households).
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    edited October 2021
    I know it’s not on your list, but I really like Urbzville from the Urbz.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited October 2021
    Because of 1920s style and many references to pop culture
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,806 Member
    San Myshuno (The Sims 4)
    I love all the little touches that make San Myshuno feel alive! Festivals, protesters, buskers, living statues, snow globe boxes and posters, questionable looking urban fishing spots, easels open to the public, the arts center and karaoke bar lot types.
    gen3-banner.png
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    edited November 2021
    San Myshuno (The Sims 4)
    Idk the thing is when I think of bridgeport I immediately remember the parts of ts3 that ts4 doesn't have like functional elevators,cars, editable worlds, some vampire gameplay...

but then also like I don't think that means the world itself was so good like i couldn't name any building or premade family or even a landmark beyond just "theres roads and skyscrapers"

ok i do think there was some vampire bars i liked

but I just don't have same connection to it as San Myshuno

also i recall sims 3 apartments being a pain to zoom into but maybe i was just noob

do kinda wish we had city with darker night vibe to it in ts4 tho

oh! and yeah if urbz world counts yesss that was lit

as for windenburg tbh I don't really like the city part like idk its just a little dull and i usually go in the village side or on the island but even that suffers from sea not being useable
    Post edited by Simmingal on
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Simcity_TrainsSimcity_Trains Posts: 107 Member
    Oh no I. Got widenberg song stuck in my head, in all seriousness Sims 4 cities are lacking due to fact I have to sit through A ANOTHER BLOODY LOADING SCREEN just to go somewhere else, the metro was good in. The Sims 3, but belldonna cove was excellent because there are so many shops and things to do, even better if u have nightlife installed
  • Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    Windenburg (The Sims 4)
    The one and only Windenburg of course. I like that the town is big, has different areas (old town, island, new town) and I liked the pre-mades as well.
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • JunkyPoemJunkyPoem Posts: 135 Member
    San Myshuno (The Sims 4)
    One of the greatest expansions of the Sims 4.

My sims are there every single game: dining out on the rooftop, ooh-lala spa time, or trying to win at Humor & Hijinks.

Each neighborhood has its own flavor, enjoyable festivals, karaoke bars & amazing cityline views. There's a huge amount apartments to live in. And great build/buy items to renovate upscale, artistic or low budget spaces. Decent amount of community lots to enjoy or change up. Bought in 2016 & have hardly experienced any gameplay problems.

Slight downside is the stereotypical the appearances & of premade families & generated townie last names. Apartments also have huge building limitations. Cross pack issues: Seasons weather during outdoor festivals, Dine Out bugs out here like anywhere else & Eco Lifestyle NAP's, ughhh.

If you love cities, then you'll enjoy playing in this.
  • Hauk150Hauk150 Posts: 358 Member
    Windenburg (The Sims 4)
    Windenburg, I love european places, and I also like that it has multiple lots to build, and each zone is beautiful, the countryside, town, island, castle ruins
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    Windenburg (The Sims 4)
    :p I assumed TS4 worlds and saw Windenburg and immediately clicked it.
    Bridgeport was one of my favorite TS3 worlds, but I was always fond of Sunset Valley, because it was fun to makeover.
    It's a toss up between the three.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds