Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What kinds of cultural wear do you want to see in the game?

2...Next

Comments

• BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    edited October 2021
    Movotti wrote: »
    I would really love to see Kilts and Celtic-style Wedding Dresses
    R.1b096642e4c2c1b269c9586e8bf7e436?rik=xXXW7V6mXxvZcQ&riu=http%3a%2f%2fwww.emasscraft.org%2fwp-content%2fuploads%2f2017%2f05%2f17_best_ideas_about_celtic_wedding_dresses_on_emasscraft_org_1.jpg&ehk=DfKQJ62w6Rda0dnE4jb%2fa20wIuu3IQc%2bW9Igw%2fzuPXc%3d&risl=&pid=ImgRaw&r=0
    R.1b016eabdf938033205b34e85d3f5a53?rik=JV81tsDe3Lo42w&riu=http%3a%2f%2fwww.emasscraft.org%2fwp-content%2fuploads%2f2017%2f02%2f1000_ideas_about_celtic_wedding_dresses_on_emasscraft_org_2.jpg&ehk=MqNMeWM9JAJ4RzI%2bAF59BO85QVoAiElFJPymXPvlqRw%3d&risl=&pid=ImgRaw&r=0
    R.cd641471e59b28e72d3e9fd46016de53?rik=EqlALvMfOCPI6Q&riu=http%3a%2f%2fbrides.useif.com%2fwp-content%2fuploads%2f2015%2f09%2frenaissance-medieval-handfasting-wedding-dress-by-camelotcostumes-3.jpg&ehk=J7k3mMDxxy0aKWstV6esc4HsoBFC%2beWRAdbn8wm8GzQ%3d&risl=&pid=ImgRaw&r=0
    050f38678728595c2c5f3047e6fceca9.jpg

You've got three distinctively different styles there, and not one of them is celtic. The first one looks 1930's, the second two are fantasy, and the third is a split back modern strapless gown.

Real Celtic gowns look like this:

cab0f10f2de0ae99047ecfedde7889da.jpg
    83a90a1954a5b24131c7ab7b05897a55.jpg
    1d564dfe316c102a7deec0020bb54c94.jpg

You learn something new every day :O
    I'm so sorry my info on what I thought was truly Celtic actually wasn't accurate at all! I had no idea!
    Wow, the gowns you posted are even more beautiful than anything I could find. Thank you for sharing!

To be fair, the second and third example in your original post is what Hollywood has pushed as "Generic / British Isles medieval fashion" for 100 years.

That said, Art Deco is an amazing style (the first picture you posted) and should get as much attention as Mid-Century I feel. (Specifically it would have looked great with more Art Deco in City Living, as in IRL New York for example a lot of older high-rises are in that style. For an exaggerated example watch Ghostbusters (the ORIGINAL from 1984)).
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,967 Member
    It’d be cool to have traditional German/specifically Bavarian outfits… meaning lederhosen, dirndls and so on. The other things mentioned here would be cool too, I just mentioned the German outfits idea because no-one else had.
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    Can we get some clothes for the proper bloke?

stubbies-1.jpg
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQD0jClO03_XA-gCKSdffJUfqByAvaqtweo-08846hJEmd1PdcWnYRJzNH9COzik92H_HI&usqp=CAU
    e5b08b16a503ac11ca13b1d1164441d9

Along with some cultrually appropriate hairstyles
    90a7d556a7b3765b63ad18a4b4025f98?impolicy=wcms_crop_resize&cropH=1620&cropW=2888&xPos=60&yPos=317&width=862&height=485

And something for the Sheila's.
    20131205-195503.jpg

Hmmm, might be too much of the culture of being uncultured...

80s fashion, yep can see that in a diesel car kit. My dad doesn't miss those short shorts. So glad mullets aren't a thing anymore too which got coined with that name later with a Beastie Boys song. I do like that first shirt that is stripped and torn. Actually could see a Goldberg's show collaboration. I don't miss the 80s. Strangetown pack does fit that American style the best so far I have noticed.

I don’t want to horrify you with this news, but mullets are back, as fashion trends know no limits. Btw, which Beastie Boys song? I know all their music and can’t think of which one you mean.
  • DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,144 Member
    It’d be cool to have traditional German/specifically Bavarian outfits… meaning lederhosen, dirndls and so on. The other things mentioned here would be cool too, I just mentioned the German outfits idea because no-one else had.

I thought that too, but I've found so many pictures, that I couldn't choose just one. The good thing on Dirndls they could come in any skirts lengths and colours, the blouses still can be modest (there is no need to see the part of the breast) and they are looking good on every woman in any body sizes. My siblings-in-law wore their Dirndl and Lederhosen on their wedding day. Unfortuantely, since I don't have much opportunities to wear it, I didn't fit into my own dirndl and had to choose a regular formal outfit. :'(

To have at least some ingame dirndls, I found a website with ccs for fantasy and traditional outfits: https://simverses.tumblr.com/downloads. But yeah, it would be nice if we would have some without using cc.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    babajayne wrote: »
    Can we get some clothes for the proper bloke?

stubbies-1.jpg
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQD0jClO03_XA-gCKSdffJUfqByAvaqtweo-08846hJEmd1PdcWnYRJzNH9COzik92H_HI&usqp=CAU
    e5b08b16a503ac11ca13b1d1164441d9

Along with some cultrually appropriate hairstyles
    90a7d556a7b3765b63ad18a4b4025f98?impolicy=wcms_crop_resize&cropH=1620&cropW=2888&xPos=60&yPos=317&width=862&height=485

And something for the Sheila's.
    20131205-195503.jpg

Hmmm, might be too much of the culture of being uncultured...

80s fashion, yep can see that in a diesel car kit. My dad doesn't miss those short shorts. So glad mullets aren't a thing anymore too which got coined with that name later with a Beastie Boys song. I do like that first shirt that is stripped and torn. Actually could see a Goldberg's show collaboration. I don't miss the 80s. Strangetown pack does fit that American style the best so far I have noticed.

I don’t want to horrify you with this news, but mullets are back, as fashion trends know no limits. Btw, which Beastie Boys song? I know all their music and can’t think of which one you mean.
    It is called Mullet Head and funny in the lyrics it says Mullet wife.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=-3V3yTLQ1uo

Yeah seems like a lot of 70s and 80s fashion is coming back. Been seeing a lot of Boy George styles coming back too. I never was a fan of the Mullet. Always makes me think of Cyndi Lauper whenever I see it. All we need now are MC Hammer pants to come back.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Batcave. It's cultural. Or maybe countercultural.
    Yeah seems like a lot of 70s and 80s fashion is coming back.
    Like that, Batcave is often called "Trad" these days.

AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
    Huh never heard that term before guess it is a shorten version of traditional since vocabulary is getting into the Doublespeak area now. Seeing avocado green kitchens come back in style too. Next will be 🐸🐸🐸🐸 rugs. Trad sounds too much like triad which makes me think of Zelda Triforce. Old Batman show is epic. Interesting there is a fashion called trad goth too. I think that Sims 2 had a nice culturally diverse supernaturals in it, but I do like how Sims 4 paid homage to the Romanian Vlad and even based the looks on him.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    RubyxAngel wrote: »
    Japanese Lolita fashion would be cool to see, especially gothic or 'Mori' cottagecore style

lolita_fashion_what_is_it_and_where_did_it_come_from.jpg?1548058515

9f6cdff4a9a702d8317e0aa8a124bf2d.jpg

&width=456&height=668&original=77s8AgZSGN6A

This!!! I have so many of these dresses they are so adorable! I would hope they add matching shoes and accessories too including backpacks
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Interesting there is a fashion called trad goth too.
    Indeed. It's the modern take on Batcave (80's goth), and is frequenly shortened to "Trad"
    As I previously mentioned.

AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
    Interesting there is a fashion called trad goth too.
    Indeed. It's the modern take on Batcave (80's goth), and is frequenly shortened to "Trad"
    As I previously mentioned.
    Huh I should have known that but then again I was a toddler then, so could be why I was still learning my ABCs. I love goth and punk styles and would love to see them in the game. Why I like Gothic Lolita and grunge style too. I remember being so happy when Avril was in the Sims 1 since she is such a cool Canadian punk rockstar princess. The fashion in the Sims 4 is very pastel princess so why variety in colors and cultures would be a welcome addition to the game.