Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rumor: EL as free trial

Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
Rumor has it: Eco Lifestyle will be a free trail for seven days soon.
Some players (all in the US) report that they can already try it out. They found it in their Origin library under "Expansion Packs". It is called "EP 09 Trial PH Display Name".

Did anyone outside the US have any luck yet? If so, how did you access it?
I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS

Comments

• hymnhehimhymnhehim Posts: 518 Member
    This would be really cool, but the whole "for a week" thing doesn't seem likely. They did a trial a month or two ago for City Living, and it was for a weekend, not a whole week.
    Hey, I'm Milo (he/him)! I love The Sims 4, and I've been playing it since December of 2020. My Sims bestie and forums bestie is Gonnawin1111, aka V.
  • HazellyHazelly Posts: 38 Member
    > @Erja888 said:
    > Rumor has it: Eco Lifestyle will be a free trail for seven days soon.
    > Some players (all in the US) report that they can already try it out. They found it in their Origin library under "Expansion Packs". It is called "EP 09 Trial PH Display Name".
    >
    > Did anyone outside the US have any luck yet? If so, how did you access it?

I really doubt that there will be a free trial that doesn't seem like the thing ea would do especially since they've shown how money hungry they are with kits. If there is a free trial, people will probably find a way to use it repeatedly; maybe it's for sims creators who make youtube videos to test it? Instead of giving it to them for free?
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    edited October 2021
    Hazelly wrote: »
    > @Erja888 said:
    > Rumor has it: Eco Lifestyle will be a free trail for seven days soon.
    > Some players (all in the US) report that they can already try it out. They found it in their Origin library under "Expansion Packs". It is called "EP 09 Trial PH Display Name".
    >
    > Did anyone outside the US have any luck yet? If so, how did you access it?

I really doubt that there will be a free trial that doesn't seem like the thing ea would do especially since they've shown how money hungry they are with kits. If there is a free trial, people will probably find a way to use it repeatedly; maybe it's for sims creators who make youtube videos to test it? Instead of giving it to them for free?

It did happen, just a few weeks ago in fact. You probably just overlooked that the original posts were from June. Edit: It wasn't for a week, but for a weekend.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)