Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

IDK what to do - I don't enjoy doing 100 baby challenge

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,426 Member
    Challenges are all about having fun and making your game more challenging, basically give your game some direction. If you don't like a challenge, even if you started it, there is no shame in say it's not for you. Play what you want in the game.
  • Options
    ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    Well, well, well.

The title says it all. I don't know why I started doing this challenge. I don't find it fun to take care of many children and doing it basically forever because 100 children is a lot. I like to play families, do stuff with them and have fun with them and not to do the same stuff again and again and all over again. I never liked this challenge. 100 baby challenge was on my NEVER to do list. Yet here I am doing it.

I do it in my regular save that I have played for about two years so that means the mother is a sim I have played with before. She has the fertile trait and some other reward traits so it's eaiser and quicker finished. Thirteen babies have been born and 7 are already out of the household. They live in the tiniest home.

I hate it. I don't know why I got the idea it is going to be fun. So much fun. It is not. It's an annoying chore. I'd rather deep clean my ugly apartment than doing the challenge. I HATE CLEANING! I actually went back to TS3 (and I am now at gen 3 with the Keatons) just to avoid my 100 baby challenge.

The thing is I did the decades challenge before. And I didn't really enjoy it either. I felt limited. I couldn't wait for the 80's to live kind of normal life but you know I got used to being limited on stuff that I basically didn't upgrade much in terms of technology. So my sism lived like cavemen till the very end. It felt like a chore to me as well but it has been like 2 months since I finished and I only have fond memories from the decades even though I didn't like it much, if you know what I mean.

I hate doing the 100 baby challenge and I want to quit but I don't want to be a quitter. Also I want to do the ISBI speedrun challenge so badly but can I even do it at this point when I hate all of the chalenges? That's the question.
    giphy.gif

Would you force yourself to eat something that made you gag? It's a game, and it's supposed to quit. It's human, and acceptable, to discover you didn't like something, and then quit doing it. Real like has enough punishment and obligation, which is why we like to game, yes? I say let yourself off the hook and don't waste another precious moment undertaking dreadful toil, that you could avoid.

And I feel the same way: even if my sim could keep all their needs met in some losing game of whack-a-mole, the grind of it would be tedious af.

There's no honor lost in walking away from toil that gets you nothing, eats up your time, and isn't even fun.
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • Options
    EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    I never really understood the popularity of this challenge to begin with.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    @DoloresGrey, happy to see that you were able to make the right decision for yourself!

I’m currently doing a 1 baby challenge and it’s been a though ride, although I’m still getting plenty enjoyment out of it, thanks to cheats. 😇
    2 of those those bundles of wailmania would be near impossible for me, let alone 100. Even reading all the tips and tricks on this thread gives me anxiety.

Do the dads even get a say in all this? Or are they just donors?

“Hey dude, you look fine, I need 5 babies, thanks.
    Oh hello hunky beast. By the looks of it I’d say you’d be well able for about 15 or more. Let’s get on with it so. Cheers.
    Oh…eh…hi….you’re ermmm….🤢..just give me 1 for now. At least that’ll bring me up to 50.”

And so on and so forth. I suppose dads who aren’t really into child rearing are lucky that way. But what if they’re constantly knocking at the door hoping to see their offspring but they’re not allowed? So sad. So sad.
    And please don’t tell me it’s the same mother who needs to go through all that??
    I’m overthinking this.

Anyway, I shall never ever do this challenge. My brain just doesn’t understand that kind of fun. Although it is great (but extremely hard to imagine) to see simmers who are able to find joy in that. I suppose the 100 baby challenge is to me what Batuu is to others. 😅

• Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    Simmers who find joy in this challenge could take to the next level and, for extra challenge and fun, they could combine two challenges in one, 100 babies AND 100 beaus. 😁
  • Options
    DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,144 Member
    I can understand you, I don't like this challenge either. And it's good that you have decided to go your own way to have fun again. It's a repetitive challenge, and that's I find boring. Even if you try something else in raising them, one day you will stand at the border and there is nothing new any more. I see this even on my favorite challenge, which I play now, when try for a baby was the only woohoo option so far. With so much children around it felt sometimes like the seven toddler challenge too. At least I know I will never do that challenge too. I love the toddler and children in sims 4 btw, but not to many at once.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    I think the main problem I'd have with a 100 baby challenge is I'd get too attached to the children and not want to hurry them through the life stages.
  • Options
    Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,103 Member
    I started that challenge. I haven't gotten back to the save yet. Lol.

I mostly started the challenge as a way to create a variety of sims. I suffer from same-face syndrome when I create sims in CAS. But, I blame my identical twins from my main household for that. Because of my twins, I've gotten too good at creating identical looking sims.

When I want to create a new sim, I'll go back to that save.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,959 Member
    edited October 2021
    Never really been into challenges myself cause they just feel all too repetitive or unneededly complicated

same goes for 100 baby challenge

I found these rules and it already irritates me
    Basic Rules
    You must play with aging on and set to a normal lifespan. Auto-aging for NPC’s is encouraged to ensure the game keeps generating donors for your matriarch.

why on earth shouldn't I keep my aging off and keep my kids as long as I want?
    +I have plenty donors without randomized townies so meh i will not have game age out all interesting sims
    Any mods or CC that give you an unfair advantage over other players are not allowed. Mods that allow you to increase your household capacity or gain money through child support payments are not allowed.
    well not that i use mods but what is even considered unfair cc? :lol: " YOU CANT HAVE YOUR KIDS LOOKING CUTE THAT IS VIOLATION OF RULES!!!!"
    Cheats are not allowed. The only exceptions to this are bb.moveobjects on for creative building purposes and other cheats to resolve glitches.
    ... there is many cheats that would literally not make things any easier and id definitely use some
    If a lot your matriarch moves into has existing lot traits, you may not edit or add to them. If your lot has no traits, you may pick three traits, but your decision is permanent. You cannot change them afterward.

so i can't add to the challenge afterwards if i get bored? why the heck not?
    All in-game rewards from completing aspirations and social events may be used except ones that prolong your Sim’s lifespan or save them from death.
    ah yes continuation of "sims lives cant be long and you must play in rush" rule
    Babies cannot be aged up until you get a notification saying that it is their birthday.
    ...well i guess this makes sense in the aging agenda
    Toddlers can be aged up when they reach level 3 in all toddler skills.
    disagree because this just makes it so people keep giving their kids all exactly the 3 points and they get boringly similar
    Children and teenagers can be aged up when they get an A in school.
    again makes all kids have same freaking "studious kid" personality
    Young adults can be moved out of the house to make room for more children, but they cannot be moved back in.
    and why is that? why does it have anything to do with anything
    When your matriarch becomes an elder and can no longer bear children, her youngest daughter takes over as the next matriarch. You may move out your elderly matriarch only if her youngest daughter has become a young adult.
    and why does it particularily have to be the youngest daughter.... makes no sense when it could be any of the kids...
    You cannot make more room in the house faster by killing off underage Sims or letting babies, toddlers, or children be taken by social services.
    ok i guess this rule makes sense
    Your matriarch may register as self-employed or have a work from home career but cannot have any job that requires her to go to a rabbit hole destination. She cannot have a part-time job.
    why not?????
    Teenagers may hold part-time jobs to help support the family and bring in extra income.
    then why this is allowed???
    Your matriarch may leave her home a lot freely. She does not have to bring all her children with her whenever she leaves the lot.
    make it make sense? can leave lot but not for work?
    Your matriarch may not get married while she is of child-bearing age. She may get married as an elder, but she must move out of the home with her spouse. They can’t move into the active household.
    again why the heck couldnt they get married whenever they please its not like they couldnt cheat on their spouse
    Your matriarch may not get pregnant by the same donor twice. Once he has impregnated your Sim once, he cannot be used again for more children.
    fine understandable
    Donors may not contribute to the household in any way. They may not move in, help look after the children, or provide any financial aid to the household. Your matriarch is responsible for supporting all her children by herself.
    I mean sure makes sense they are not allowed to help but doesn't mean they couldn't live there being annoying so ???
    Your matriarch may not influence the gender of her children. Avoid strawberries, carrots, pop music, and alternative music to avoid influencing the gender of unborn babies.
    fine but also like what if you really want to eat strawberries or listen to alternative sometimes and your sim is always preggy anyway soo...
    Use the in-game randomizer to select all the children’s traits as they age. You cannot cherry-pick their traits.
    ah yes so if game keeps giving you boring traits ur stuck with them how great...
    You may hire maids, gardeners, and repair technicians, but you may not hire a nanny. Take care of your own children.
    You may hire caterers and mixologists but only for parties.
    except game will auto hire nanny if you leave your kiddos at home alone soo....
    Rules for Add-On Packs
    Disregard any rules for packs you do not have.
    Your matriarch may run a retail business, restaurant, or vet clinic. Teenagers may help out at these venues as an alternative to hiring employees.
    Your matriarch may have a work from home job, but she must always choose the work from home option.
    Your matriarch may join and create clubs as long as the club activities do not violate any challenge rules.
    Your matriarch may have pets but keep in mind pets take up space in the household, and there are no rewards for having them.
    You may participate in holidays and create your own holidays as long as none of the traditions violate challenge rules. Feel free to edit existing holiday traditions to comply with the rules.
    Your matriarch may become famous and build a reputation through any means that don’t involve careers.
    Your matriarch may go on vacation, but she must bring her entire household with her. She may not go on vacation if she is pregnant or has a newborn at home.
    eh...oddly specific but whatever
    Your matriarch cannot be a vampire. She may use vampires as donors, but any female vampire children are ineligible to take over as the next matriarch. You may cure a female vampire child to make her eligible again.
    we do not stan occult erasure in this house
    If Parenthood is installed, teens may not be aged up and moved out of the house until they have an A in school and at least one character value within the trait range. Your matriarch must always stop whatever she is doing and go scold/punish her children as you see fit if you catch them misbehaving.
    ah yes another thing to make sure your kids are all the same
    Your matriarch may use the wishing well, but she cannot wish for a child.
    Your matriarch may hire a butler, but the butler cannot look after the children. Disable child care in the butler’s menu.
    eh whatever
    Rules for Occult Sims (Optional)
    Your matriarch must be human.
    Each occult born to your human matriarch adds two to your total child count, so one occult child is worth the equivalent of two human children.
    If you choose to make your next matriarch an occult, you forfeit this bonus until you take another human matriarch. For immortal occults, you can take on a new human matriarch when the human daughter you want to continue the challenge with becomes a young adult.
    If your chosen occult has an alternate form, your matriarch and all her children must always be in their human form whenever they leave the lot.
    You may not tip off Sims outside the household that anyone in your household is an occult. If occult-related socials are used or if a Sim discovers that anyone in your household is an occult, they must be banished from the home immediately and never be socialized with again. Feel free to get creative with how your family protects their secret. For instance, have your aliens wipe memories, or your vampires compel for a deep drink.
    as a whole these rules do not make sense to me.

= in short: don't feel bad about quitting these rules they don't sound very fun anyway
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,382 Member
    edited October 2021
    Like many have said here already, you should do whatever you want with your game. It's supposed to be fun for you and if it doesn't, then you should just delete the challenge. I've done it many times if I've started a challenge that I don't like. For example legacy challenge was the one that I tried for several times, but I just gave up every time and continued playing the families without a challenge, because I got bored with all the rules that didn't make sense to me.

I actually love 100 baby challenge. At first I didn't think I'd even like it, it didn't sound even interesting, but as I got used to taking care of multiple toddlers in the game it became fun for me. I think I mostly enjoy using only premades as babies fathers and seeing how their kids look like when they grow up. I don't think I'd enjoy it as much if I used random Sims as the fathers.
    When I'm done with this baby challenge I think I'll start the next one and download celebrity look-a-like Sims from the gallery to be the "donors". ;)
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Thank You everybody! You are right. The game is supposed to make me happy. It does not. I won't do the challenge anymore. The main reason why I play The Sims is the freedom I have. I lost my freedom doing this challenge. It is simply not my playstyle.

Good choice -- I've never done official challenges mainly because I prefer to set my own rules. I set my own challenges and go from there. Right now I have my own sort of "legacy" going where I started with a teen living on his own in San Myshuno, married him to a woman he met at Foxbury, and they now have two children; my goal is to eventually have the heirs get all the degrees, work all the jobs and maybe finish all the possible collections (some might not be possible without cheats). So far, the family has had a computer engineer, a tech guru (Next Big Thing branch) and a freelance programmer, so those careers will be off the list for future Sims. I use mods, so it's not an "official" Legacy Challenge, but it's something to strive for.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,103 Member
    edited October 2021
    @Simmingal I agree with so much of this, especially the occult eraser stuff, but this is the rule that stands out to me because it seems to focus on vampires primarily.

I do find it interesting that merfolk are overlooked. Merfolk are, by far, the best at building romance with sims. A combination of a Charmer's Lullaby and Mermaid's Kiss will instantly put a sim in the mood for romance and build the romance at the same time. I haven't seen these interactions fail, and that's why I reserve them for a mermaid or merman's significant other. They are very powerful when it comes to building a romance. I would totally use these abilities even if it reveals that my sims are occults.

The other Siren Songs can be used on children, so you can, theoretically, have your creative children inspired or make them tense or sad to artificially build emotional control by having kids play with their emotions.

Merfolk can control the weather with seasons, so you can instantly water your garden by calling a rain storm. While working on said garden, the rain replenishes hydration for the next ability you decide to use. Merfolk abilities have timers and use hydration. Those are the only restraints when it comes to manipulating emotions and weather...

But hey, we have to hide vampires and aliens while completely forgetting merfolk...

Oh, and merfolk have a tendency to live longer and can swim while pregnant. The longer life is a quirk of how fitness gives a sim bonus days. Merfolk tend to stay very fit without much effort. I almost think the old age death animation can't happen while they are in the water. I haven't done enough to test it yet. I don't like killing my sims, unless I'm playing a particular vampire household, or having them die of old age.
    Simmingal wrote: »
    Never really been into challenges myself cause they just feel all too repetitive or unneededly complicated

Rules for Occult Sims (Optional)
    Your matriarch must be human.
    Each occult born to your human matriarch adds two to your total child count, so one occult child is worth the equivalent of two human children.
    If you choose to make your next matriarch an occult, you forfeit this bonus until you take another human matriarch. For immortal occults, you can take on a new human matriarch when the human daughter you want to continue the challenge with becomes a young adult.
    If your chosen occult has an alternate form, your matriarch and all her children must always be in their human form whenever they leave the lot.
    You may not tip off Sims outside the household that anyone in your household is an occult. If occult-related socials are used or if a Sim discovers that anyone in your household is an occult, they must be banished from the home immediately and never be socialized with again. Feel free to get creative with how your family protects their secret. For instance, have your aliens wipe memories, or your vampires compel for a deep drink.
    as a whole these rules do not make sense to me.

= in short: don't feel bad about quitting these rules they don't sound very fun anyway

• Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Thank You everybody! You are right. The game is supposed to make me happy. It does not. I won't do the challenge anymore. The main reason why I play The Sims is the freedom I have. I lost my freedom doing this challenge. It is simply not my playstyle.

Bravo!

It is great to try something new but if it isn't the right thing it is better to leave it be.
  • Options
    HazellyHazelly Posts: 38 Member
    > @DoloresGrey said:
    > Well, well, well.
    >
    > The title says it all. I don't know why I started doing this challenge. I don't find it fun to take care of many children and doing it basically forever because 100 children is a lot. I like to play families, do stuff with them and have fun with them and not to do the same stuff again and again and all over again. I never liked this challenge. 100 baby challenge was on my NEVER to do list. Yet here I am doing it.
    >
    > I do it in my regular save that I have played for about two years so that means the mother is a sim I have played with before. She has the fertile trait and some other reward traits so it's eaiser and quicker finished. Thirteen babies have been born and 7 are already out of the household. They live in the tiniest home.
    >
    > I hate it. I don't know why I got the idea it is going to be fun. So much fun. It is not. It's an annoying chore. I'd rather deep clean my ugly apartment than doing the challenge. I HATE CLEANING! I actually went back to TS3 (and I am now at gen 3 with the Keatons) just to avoid my 100 baby challenge.
    >
    > The thing is I did the decades challenge before. And I didn't really enjoy it either. I felt limited. I couldn't wait for the 80's to live kind of normal life but you know I got used to being limited on stuff that I basically didn't upgrade much in terms of technology. So my sism lived like cavemen till the very end. It felt like a chore to me as well but it has been like 2 months since I finished and I only have fond memories from the decades even though I didn't like it much, if you know what I mean.
    >
    > ____________________________________________________________
    >
    > I hate doing the 100 baby challenge and I want to quit but I don't want to be a quitter. Also I want to do the ISBI speedrun challenge so badly but can I even do it at this point when I hate all of the chalenges? That's the question.

I tried the 100 baby for the first time a few months ago I thought it was going to be quick and easy but I was wrong so I decided last minute to just make it a relaxed household with no rules but the 100 babys dynamic/storyline did make the gameplay more interesting and refreshing.
  • Options
    DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,144 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »

snip

Most of these challenges are seen as a competition, that's why they come with so many rules, to keep it balanced and fair for the competitors. However, I never understood why everything has to be a competition? For me it destroys the fun and the ease of an individal gameplay for those who won't play like the mainstream.

I think, as long as someone doesn't want to join a competition, then they should play a challenge the way they like, and not as someone else want. Seeing these rules as a voluntary guideline, but not as a law. :)
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    Well, well, well.

The title says it all. I don't know why I started doing this challenge. I don't find it fun to take care of many children and doing it basically forever because 100 children is a lot. I like to play families, do stuff with them and have fun with them and not to do the same stuff again and again and all over again. I never liked this challenge. 100 baby challenge was on my NEVER to do list. Yet here I am doing it.

I do it in my regular save that I have played for about two years so that means the mother is a sim I have played with before. She has the fertile trait and some other reward traits so it's eaiser and quicker finished. Thirteen babies have been born and 7 are already out of the household. They live in the tiniest home.

I hate it. I don't know why I got the idea it is going to be fun. So much fun. It is not. It's an annoying chore. I'd rather deep clean my ugly apartment than doing the challenge. I HATE CLEANING! I actually went back to TS3 (and I am now at gen 3 with the Keatons) just to avoid my 100 baby challenge.

The thing is I did the decades challenge before. And I didn't really enjoy it either. I felt limited. I couldn't wait for the 80's to live kind of normal life but you know I got used to being limited on stuff that I basically didn't upgrade much in terms of technology. So my sism lived like cavemen till the very end. It felt like a chore to me as well but it has been like 2 months since I finished and I only have fond memories from the decades even though I didn't like it much, if you know what I mean.

I hate doing the 100 baby challenge and I want to quit but I don't want to be a quitter. Also I want to do the ISBI speedrun challenge so badly but can I even do it at this point when I hate all of the chalenges? That's the question.
    giphy.gif

I get what you mean about being a quitter. Try not to think of it in those terms. Playing a game, just like reading a book, or watching a movie, is meant to be fun. I used to make myself finish reading a book I started, even if I wasn't really enjoying it. Once I pushed myself so hard to get to the end, expecting it was going to get better, or at the very least the ending would make up for the grind. Yeah, reading it had become a grind. Well, I persevered and guess what? The something better I hoped would come in the next chapter never came. And, that ending? So not worth slogging through the book. Gah! The note on the author suggested the book was written when she was on vacation. Yeah, it showed. She wasn't truly invested in the story she was writing. Such a shame. Well, I'm not a quitter, either, but reading that next to horrible book taught me something. If a story doesn't grab me sufficiently in the first 2-3 chapters, I set that puppy down never to pick it up again. I consider my time more valuable than that. Not to be wasted on a pastime that's not providing fun or relaxation.

As for your Challenge problem. Perhaps, you should divide up your budding family. Create parents in CAS and place them into your world, then go into manage households and transfer the child(ren) to the new set of parents. You can then take them into cas.fulleditmode, and hopefully change their relationships to each other. That way you won't have to lose track of the little pixilated darlings, but you can free up your primary household and start having some fun! You could even turn it into Rotation style play so you can visit each household and the Simlets you adopted out, so to speak.

Whatever you do, make it fun!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    Congratulations!! You just completed the 7 baby challenge!!! It’s a shorter version of the 100 baby challenge. Now you can start a new game.