Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is Adding New Underwear too Mature for Sims 4?

Comments

• EnigmaOFFCEnigmaOFFC Posts: 58 Member
    Adding New Underwear is Not too Mature for the Sims 4 and its Teen Rating
    CK213 wrote: »
    I have no doubt that the lack of sleepwear is due to the intent to provide a sleepwear/bedroom pack eventually.
    Like TS3.
    71MtV9cYIDL._SL1074_.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

I wish they didn't focus so much on a specific type of room/clothing. There can be multiple versiosn of sleepwear and underwear, nto just the sexy or laid back ones, it deserves to be in multiple packs.
  • FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 845 Member
    Underwear is irrelevant in S4, since I'm not sure it's even possible to see a sim in underwear? There's no underwear category after all. I do however definitely think there needs to be a major expansion of sleepwear for every age group for those who don't use CC. It's not a priority for me because I can find beautiful sleepwear of every ilk from CC creators, but I'd like to see those who don't use CC get more options because goodness the ones we have are lame.
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    Underwear is irrelevant in S4, since I'm not sure it's even possible to see a sim in underwear? There's no underwear category after all. I do however definitely think there needs to be a major expansion of sleepwear for every age group for those who don't use CC. It's not a priority for me because I can find beautiful sleepwear of every ilk from CC creators, but I'd like to see those who don't use CC get more options because goodness the ones we have are lame.

You can see underwear if you set it as clothing for your sim but I suppose most people don't want to see their sims walking around in underwear.
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,104 Member
    Considering how often my sims show up in the basic pink panties because they forgot to add pants (I'm looking at you, festival tshirts) I'm always seeing undies - and not because I chose it, either. And I'm sick to death of the basic pair that you see in CAS and in forgot to pick a top/bottom outfits.
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    Why does everyone keep saying there is no underwear category in TS4? There IS a category for it, at least in my game. Maybe because I generally give my males undies to wear to bed? Sometimes my ladies wear just the lacy undie sets to bed as well. And no, they're not just under sleepwear, I find them in the underwear category.

Anyway, I think it's absurd to think that new underwear would be considered too mature, why? It's just underwear and no different than swimwear really. In fact sometimes my Sims wear 'swimwear' for underwear and vice versa. Also, as someone mentioned, the lacy underwear set we already have in the game, is a bit shear as it is now. What difference would it make if it is shear anyway since they all are just Barbie and Ken dolls when naked? At least by default. I would love some fancier, more feminine, classy lingerie for the boudoir, including some mules with a soft fluffy puff on the toes.

Oh and also the corset outfit isn't exactly not mature either and that is already in the game as well. I like to give that to my ladies too along with the silk stockings with a seam in the back. In certain circumstances they also get heels. But I'm an older lady, so perhaps that kind of stuff is just normal to me. I don't understand why some think that kids should be 'sheltered' from seeing underwear, everybody wears it. Well, most of the time anyway. I don't know, this topic puzzles me. I'd mostly just like more undies for my males. There's only one set I give them to wear now that comes in three colors; gray, black, and red, not even white! why no white?

Also, why do they have to be so long? We have speedos for swimwear, why can't the guys have undies that small? Just my opinions and thoughts on the matter. *shrugs*

Happy Simming! :)
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    They had better stuff in the Sims3 and yes, I have thought the same thing. Why isn't there more lingerie? Loads of woohoo spots, but limited outfits? I use the tiger print swimwear for guys by turning off the sleeping outfits and using the whole clothing category. I don't see why they can't give men sims underwear that is skimpy in the back like females.
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member

So your sims never go to bed?
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • CaitxcatCaitxcat Posts: 680 Member
    Karababy52 wrote: »
    Why does everyone keep saying there is no underwear category in TS4? There IS a category for it, at least in my game. Maybe because I generally give my males undies to wear to bed? Sometimes my ladies wear just the lacy undie sets to bed as well. And no, they're not just under sleepwear, I find them in the underwear category.

Anyway, I think it's absurd to think that new underwear would be considered too mature, why? It's just underwear and no different than swimwear really. In fact sometimes my Sims wear 'swimwear' for underwear and vice versa. Also, as someone mentioned, the lacy underwear set we already have in the game, is a bit shear as it is now. What difference would it make if it is shear anyway since they all are just Barbie and Ken dolls when naked? At least by default. I would love some fancier, more feminine, classy lingerie for the boudoir, including some mules with a soft fluffy puff on the toes.

Oh and also the corset outfit isn't exactly not mature either and that is already in the game as well. I like to give that to my ladies too along with the silk stockings with a seam in the back. In certain circumstances they also get heels. But I'm an older lady, so perhaps that kind of stuff is just normal to me. I don't understand why some think that kids should be 'sheltered' from seeing underwear, everybody wears it. Well, most of the time anyway. I don't know, this topic puzzles me. I'd mostly just like more undies for my males. There's only one set I give them to wear now that comes in three colors; gray, black, and red, not even white! why no white?

Also, why do they have to be so long? We have speedos for swimwear, why can't the guys have undies that small? Just my opinions and thoughts on the matter. *shrugs*

Happy Simming! :)

@Karababy52 Because there isn't an underwear category, it's called Sleepwear if that's the caregory you are refering to. In previous sims games there was an underwear category.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Caitxcat wrote: »
    Because there isn't an underwear category.

You are mistaken. There is an Underwear category, and for male Sims (base game) it is two items, which is not enough.

fxszkRM.png

So your sims never go to bed?

Of course they do ... wearing sleepwear, not underwear.
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Sindocat wrote: »
    Caitxcat wrote: »
    Because there isn't an underwear category.

You are mistaken. There is an Underwear category, and for male Sims (base game) it is two items, which is not enough.

fxszkRM.png

I think there's confusion over what constitutes a "category". I'm not saying I'm right and everyone else is wrong, mind you, just that what I consider a "category" is everyday, formal, sleepwear, swimwear, hot weather, cold weather, etc., the "big" categories at the top. There is indeed an underwear option I'll call it for lack of a better term, which are the sub-choices under each clothing part. Similar to pants, jeans, shorts, for bottoms, tee shirts, sweaters etc for tops. Again, not saying I'm right, just the way I look at it.

Some of my males wear underwear shorts to sleep in. But I still consider it sleepwear, because unless he's actually wearing his sleepwear, I don't see it. I still think we need more sleepwear, and they could totally put it in the underwear section.
    HcmCUds.jpg
  • CaitxcatCaitxcat Posts: 680 Member
    Agreed, the underwear is more of a subcategory of the sleepwear category.
  • MMXMMX Posts: 4,426 Member
    edited October 2021
    Having the results publicly shown is probably not the best idea.

Anyway, TS4 has the ability to strip naked at will, so having more underwear variety (even skimpy ones) is unlikely going to breach the game's rating.
    9d1z2m12k175.png
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    @FatTribble23 & @Caitcait Okay, fair enough, there isn't an Underwear main category, it's more of a subcategory, but still, a category. :) Anyway, even if underwear never gets it's own main category, which honestly, I don't think it needs, I'd still love to see more included for our Sims. Especially males! :)
  • Tequila_Rose_13191Tequila_Rose_13191 Posts: 143 Member
    I think newer different styles of underwear would be awesome and for it to have it's own tab. Because something I've noticed is that the standard salmon colored underwear shows underneath the legs of some of the one piece bathing suits and leotards.
  • garapoesgarapoes Posts: 422 Member
    Underwear is irrelevant in S4, since I'm not sure it's even possible to see a sim in underwear? There's no underwear category after all.

Sleepwear = underwear
    English is not my first language so sorry if I make any mistakes!

I think there's confusion over what constitutes a "category".

There are selections under CAS clearly labeled "Underwear". If that isn't categorization, I don't know what is. There may not be outfits categorized as "Underwear" but, as illustrated, it is a sort for garments.

That is, the game does include underwear. Pretending it does not is disingenuous. Male sims have a very sadly limited selection. We could certainly use more variety and style.

I do see my Sims in their underwear frequently, because that's usually at least one of their Sleepwear options, and they often don't manage to change into Everyday for a while.

I don't care for any swatch of the heart-print boxers, which I take to have been the dev team's initial run at "fun" underwear, so I am limited to a choice of red, gray, white or black.

Surely, we could be a little more adventurous and stylish? Surely, as underwear is already present in a rated-T game, more options are not inappropriate?

Why would it be?

• SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    edited October 2021
    What they need is to give the option for "big knickers" a la "Bridget Jones diary" for Mrs Crumplebottom and cronies. :Do:)
  • SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member
    We have the whole corset 🐸🐸🐸🐸 sleepwear in the base game so adding different types of normal undies wouldn't be any worse than that xD
  • FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    I think it would be fine? I mean, they already have that one "sexy lingerie" option in the sleep wear section, and it'd be nice to be able to pick underwear styles and colors that suit our specific sims. Like...there's nothing inherently sexy or sexual about the concept of underwear, right? (Or is that just me lol.) Getting to choose whether a sim wears boxers or briefs or bikinis or thongs or granny panties as the default under their clothes seems...about as normal as anything else in this game lol.

I guess the only risk is then maybe you'd get some players wanting to the option to have their sims "go commando", which might be a step too far? But even then, if they did that it'd probably just be blurred out like when they take a shower or go skinny dipping or streak, so I honestly don't see what the big deal would be. Like, we already have whoo-hooing in hot tubs and clothing optional lot traits, but being able to change the color of those default pink bra and panties that appears whenever I take off all the clothes in CAS to start planning a new outfit (a color that does NOT seem fitting for a good number of sims, ffs let me give Bella Goth black underwear lol) is a step too far? Nah, seems weird, and honestly, I bet the real reason is a programming issue, like not being able to make sure that every style of underwear fits under every clothing choice or something like that.
  • JyotaiJyotai Posts: 505 Member
    I think it's just not seen as a major priority.

We don't see the underwear too often. Basically during the transition animation while getting into bed, and some sims will stay in it for a bit after waking up while many others won't.

If I was facing a mountain of things I wanted to add to the game I was in charge of developing, this would be down near the lower end of the list.

If on the other hand, I wanted to add a whole kit of gamepack based on 'lazy weekend in' - that would include more sleepwear and underwear, as well as gameplay based around getting the sims to hang around the living room or a bed and breakfast, breakfast in bed, etc...
    - The natural progression of such a kit includes a LOT of NSFW content though, without which such a kit would seem 'half done' - so I don't see it ever happening.

Which means there's really not enough scenarios to justify expanding this content. It's honestly best left to mod makers.
    I don't use Discord because it doesn't support multiple accounts and I don't need folks at work wondering what I'm doing even on my own time. Until Discord catches up with every single other voice / video conferencing system, I limit where I use it:
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,018 Member
    edited October 2021
    garapoes wrote: »
    Underwear is irrelevant in S4, since I'm not sure it's even possible to see a sim in underwear? There's no underwear category after all.

Sleepwear = underwear

I change for bed. I wouldn’t wear the pants I’ve been all day to bed as well. 😱

I would like the option for my Sims. It would make sense with the Neat trait.

Whereas the option to turn pants inside out should be available for Slob Sims. 😂

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
    Game is what, seven years old now? I don't think it's too much to expect more than two choices for male sim underpants in that time. Female sims have enough options - they always get far more clothing attention than the boys. And I don't care for most CC. It's not a matter of priority - it's simply long overdue.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    i think since the sims4 is 7 years old male sims of all ages need some attention as well i may be a player of the sims 4 that use cc but they also need as aplayer to think of players that plays cc free
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(