Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How often do you use powerful/extraneous objects?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,971 Member
    Once in a blood moon, when the stars and planets align just right.
    I use the serum that reverts a sim to the beginning of their age occasionally to make slightly different birthdays for sims I created in create a sim. I have them to buy in a store.
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    I have households with scientists, archaeologists and witches, so naturally, those get to use the special stuff more often than other sims. But other than that, I rarely use anything overly powerful, not even the potions that can be bought with satisfaction points, because the game is too easy for those to be necessary.
  • Options
    IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    Never
    I don't know anything about them. I'll have to check this stuff out. But I doubt I'll use them much.
  • Options
    FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    Often (but not every playthrough)
    I said "often" tho I'm not really sure. I'm pretty liberal with it, but definitely don't think it comes up every play through. I place objects I think fit aesthetically with what I'm playing, so I might use sleep pods if it fits the vibe. I follow whims a lot, so I'll often place w ishing well on certain lots and then make wishes when that whim comes up. I only really use relics if the sim has the jungle adventurer aspiration, or whatever it's called, and the scientist stuff I use if it's the scientist sim's job requirements or, again, if they get a whim. I don't think I've ever used the weather machine or crystal crown, probably because there's no whims or aspirations attached to those.
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,377 Member
    Every playthrough (where it makes sense)
    I would say the only things I do not use are the Crystal Crown, the wishing well although I have it set down in a couple of parks I've made, and the weather machine...I use MCC to change the weather. These are the tools that make simming more fun!
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    Never
    I’ve only used the science objects when my Scientist first started her career (because they’re required), beyond that never. Honestly I kind of forgot they exist.
  • Options
    emereemere Posts: 1,755 Member
    Every playthrough (where it makes sense)

Before:
    hOEAXc3.png

After:
    PDRtMdI.png

Everytime: my vampires, mad scientists and spellcasters need to punish the townies for interrupting them with their compulsive idle chat >:)
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    edited October 2021
    I have never used the relics but i'll leave them for my spellcasters and pirate family.
    Weather machine is used by specific spellcasters.
    My aliens uses the crown, sleeping pod, cloning device, simray and certain serums.
    My scientists uses simray, and cloning device and certain serums.
    The wishing well can be used by any of my sims. But next time I'll save the game before asking it for anything just in case I need to prevent another death. :#
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    Didn't know some of these existed, and I'd like to use them.
    I've seen some of that stuff during the gameplay review but I've never thought to explore it myself. I used that wishing well once to try to bring a sim back to life.
  • Options
    SilverRavenWolfySilverRavenWolfy Posts: 23 Member
    Never
    I do not use any of these as I don't own the packs for most of them. the pack I do own, seasons, I don't feel the need to change the weather. I let what ever happens happen. however, the one thing I do use that may be considered a bit overpowered is the trash can that gives you money every time some one throws something in it. Very handy. But then again, My sims makes far more a day painting than she does through the trash can, so I guess its not really overpowered for an average sized family.
  • Options
    AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,033 Member
    My sims use magic instead, no special objects needed