Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One Month One World One Year Personal Challenge (Complete!)

Comments

• EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,856 Member
    @Karababy52 ,
    Yes, just what I meant about that pool :) But it would be a bit scary too :p
    Oh, good thing about the clothing then, I was a bit of worried I said maybe too much :) Just by know when been following these stories for so long, there is certain patterns what always are there, I know I have those too :p
    Haha, i would of done the same, just plopping the builds all in same spot, and take pics from slightly different angle to make it seem it was other location :p
    Thanks, but no, still one more thing to do.. and that is the plate in the boulevard :) Also I still need to do that super hard last milestone of Sulani aspiration :D It will be the last thing, Melody will do in Sulani :)
    -- Oh, bummer that the food stall was bugged, so far I have managed to avoid that bug.
    Ahh nice thing with that woohoo fireworks! Cool to know :)
    Hi Damon..and not so happy looking Molly :p No wonder, wearing that horrid ring :D And that dress full of holes :/
    Oh, well , group karaoke next time, then :) I have, i think that mod for karaoke too.. or at least I had it :)

@permanentrose ,
    -- Congrats Ruby!! :smiley: Will she be still living home while studying? (I may have asked this like gazillion of times, sorry :smiley: )
    Nice that all, even Parsley Dill were there sharing her joy! :)
    And lovely hot springs time too , haha did that pool got all dirty after that? Like the rock one does :p
    I need to build a mansion using Oasis kit items and that hot springs in it :)

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    edited October 2021
    Sorry guys, long day. I’m not gonna be able to manage comments tonight - I’ve read your posts and replies though! Will hopefully give you proper responses soon
    Post edited by permanentrose on
    Mx8

August, day 31.

hiMZh4G.png
    The one when every story has an ending.. eventually.

kf69HUl.png
    Last day in Sulani, she finally managed to update the house pics.

qR5nSM7.png
    Pets were already back, Malcolm will get the kids on his way home, Sonata will bring the kids closer to his job place in the city.

GVrkKSe.png
    While waiting Malcolm and the kids to get home, she started cooking, today is the big day!

4hQUrWB.png
    She tried so many dishes that counter needed to be cleaned.

H3zBn9n.png
    Molly tried to be as annoying as possible..

w73HC7H.png
    Really, she did!

NZSUqjg.png
    G780yjW.png
    NmetPcm.png
    Kids are home! She missed them! <3

FkMIdvF.png
    Pets were so thrilled to see Malcolm, as was he to see them <3

prjuYGX.png
    Last day at Sulani, who cares about homework!!!??
    phSyMIP.png
    Dolphins do not!
    uJntjzD.png
    Micky joined the fun!
    QozDexg.png
    KDJ5Q46.png
    Lots of fun! But all this must made them hungry!

XSt7uAU.png
    Melody had cooked all day, and finally time for dinner. All have to get going to Del Sol Valley soon!

JOguhZt.png
    And she really was cooking for all, she even made the pet drinks!

6TI7rk4.png
    Here we are!

q8qbc6h.png
    wy5pOJ3.png
    iEUTN4s.png
    ftISefz.png
    And plate is down, approved by Milly!

9G9KOD7.png
    NO Jules, you still do not take her!!!
    gjFl2tk.png
    Mike: "If I have something to say, she will not take Micky either!"
    Micky:"Wuff??"

LB9gbf0.png
    CJA5iBa.png
    <3

Back home..
    pMyPYhj.png
    UXuHtp0.png

poYcByJ.png
    Melody: I am so tired..."
    Malcolm:"Take a nap, I will pack our stuff, I wake you up when ready to go to San Myshuno, okay?"
    Melody: "Thank you , babe.. "

2wVktDt.png
    And that aspiration done!!!!

68zmp8Y.png
    "Melody!! Wake up!! We have to leave!!"
    "Mmmm..Malcolm.. 5 more minutes!"
    "Okay, but no more!"

68zmp8Y.png
    "MELODY!! You have to wake up!!"
    "Malc... MOM?!?!"
    Wake up! It is time for school!!!"

HtvTh4Z.jpg

• Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited October 2021
    October - Day 5: "Starlight Accolades"

THLVGSs.png

Notes
    MtCuN45.png
    I almost forgot about the Gala again. I thought it started at 6 p.m., but it actually didn't start until 7 p.m. Good thing since they didn't arrive until 6:45! o.O

"How are you feeling Babe, nervous?"
    "Nah, we've been through this before."
    "Yeah, but that was when I was up for an award, it's your turn to shine now. I just know you're going to win! Everyone loves your song. It's the best!"
    "Thanks Beautiful, I guess we'll see soon!"

b6lCmy2.png
    A few minutes later, Veera came marching confidently into the lounge and walked right over to Josh and Essa.

"Hello Aunt Veera! Wow, uh, we're wearing the same dress! You look much better in it than I do though."
    "Hey Essa, thanks for saying that, but you look great in it too!"

I totally forgot I'd given Veera that dress to wear when I gave Essa her recent makeover @Ellupelluellu Opps! Essa's right though, Veera does look amazing in it! Orange is definitely her color!

HT6KxVA.png
    Adam Lambert was there too, of course, but had not come inside yet. I think he was posing for paparazzi.

Qv7wzFO.png
    Frank was in attendance as well. He actually won an award for looking great in tight pants! HAHA! Uh, Frank doesn't wear pants, but oh well.

ogu89RJ.png
    Look who is the bouncer once again, Nik Sr.! I would've had Essa and Josh talk to him if I'd known. They transportalated inside though before Nik had even arrived for duty. I was looking outside to see if Frank was around to accept his award and that's when I noticed Nik standing there. He looks like such a bad butt eh? Perfect Sim for the job in my opinion.

4iBseNw.png
    "What are you two doing here anyway? Did you do a movie or something? I thought I was in the loop about such things, but maybe not?"
    "Oh, no, we're here for Josh. He was nominated for a song he wrote, 'My Lady Love Smiles.' Maybe you've heard it?"

nIZyCjz.png
    "Maybe I've heard it!? Are you kidding me? Everybody knows and loves that song, I love it too! Good luck Josh, though I don't think you need it."
    "Aww, man, thanks Veera, I'm flattered. I hope so."

yj23QeH.png
    "For bringing such aural beauty to ears around the world, Josh Hunter won the Starlight Accolade for Best Song with his ballad, My Lady Love Smiles!"

"YES! YES! YES! I knew it, go Josh!" Adam cheered pumping his fist in the air.
    "Woo Hoo, Congratulations Josh, you won!" Veera cheered, clapping her hands.
    "I don't believe it! This is incredible!"
    "Wow, you won Josh, Congrats Babe!"

Josh stood up and walked over to the microphone to accept his award. The MC handed it to him and stepped back, giving Josh room to make a speech if he wished to do so. He did.

KYF2Tmi.png
    "Thank you, thank you so much. This is a huge unexpected honor. I'm very flattered and humbled my song was considered good enough for an award."

JE3lcVl.png
    "I can't believe it, it was the first song I ever wrote in my life! This is just incredible!" Josh laughed, shaking his head in disbelief.

yy46JnH.png
    "There are a few people I'd like to thank, I couldn't have done this without their help. Hey Adam, don't leave yet, you're one of them. Thank you for believing in me, for giving me a chance to sing with you. It helped give me the confidence to believe in myself."

Wx27LE9.png
    "Most of all I want to thank the love of my life, my fiancé, Essa. You were my inspiration for this song, I wrote it about you Beautiful. You're always smiling, always looking at the good side of life no matter what happens. Your smile makes me happy, you're my muse, my best friend, my lover, the best Mom our twins could hope to have and soon, you'll be my wife. I love you Essa, thank you for just being you and loving me."

ei39cey.png
    Adam smiled, nodded at Josh and decided to stay for the rest of the awards instead of leaving for home. There was no one there anyway. He'd much rather stay here among friends.

Essa blew Josh a kiss wiping away the tears in her eyes over what Josh had said about her. Oh how she loved this man and was so proud of him, her heart felt like it would burst with happiness for him.

QpeYkcc.png
    "I also would like to thank my parents." Josh looked up toward the heavens, hoisting his award above his head and continued.
    "Mom, Dad, I hope you can see me, I couldn't have done this without you. You told me I could do anything if I just worked hard enough for it and you were right. You always believed in me, in Joel and Jon. We'll always love you and never stop trying to find out what happened to you in the jungle. This is for you, I love you both!"

JHvQRrE.png
    Finally, eyes glistening with unshed tears, Josh thanked his fans and stepped away from the microphone and sat down again next to Essa to watch the rest of the Gala.

YKh2fUa.png
    One more award was given out and the show ended. Essa popped up from her seat and walked over to give Veera a hug while Adam watched Josh approach him.

"So good to see you again and thank you for cheering like that for Josh. I know it must've touched him that you did."
    "Aww, of course I'd cheer for him, he's great and his song really is the best."

RISLQES.png
    "Thanks man, for everything. I meant what I said. I couldn't have done this without your help. I'll always be grateful for that."
    "Hey, I didn't really do anything, you're a natural! Congratulations Josh, you deserve this."
    "Thanks Adam. I appreciate it!"

JndhnI9.png
    "Congratulations Josh! I knew you'd win!"
    "Thanks Veera, that means a lot to me."

xk5e0kD.png
    Lots of hugs, congratulations and thanks were shared between those who had won an award or not and their family, friends there to support them. Posing for pictures, signing autographs, selfies, hugs, etc., it was all overwhelming, but the smile never left Josh's face through it all.

dMed4lr.png
    "BOO!"
    "AHHHH! Adam! What the heck man? Why do guys think that's so funny? Even you?"

V0OLvia.png
    "Adam Lambert, what is wrong with you Dude? You're a Global Superstar! What would your fans think if they saw you acting that way?"
    "Pfft, they'd just laugh. They know I like to kid around and have fun sometimes. Why do you think they love me? It's not just for my voice or good looks. Essa doesn't care, she's laughing, see?"

Veera just shook her head, trying to be stern, but then Adam crossed his eyes and stuck his tongue out at her and she couldn't help laughing herself.

i3atRie.png
    Finally, Josh made his way over to the most important person in the room to him.
    "Hey Beautiful, my lady love. I see she's smiling once again, as always."

n0J3GZi.png
    "I am so proud of you, Congratulations Babe. I love you so much. You did good!" Essa said and kissed his cheek.
    "Thanks Beautiful."

Ap9yFPO.png
    "Are you ready to go home? There's a throng of paparazzi and fans out there though, do you mind?"
    "Nah, I don't mind, but, I do want you to myself for few minutes first."
    "Got somewhere in mind?"
    "It's a beautiful night, lots of stars out, shall we go look at them together, just you and me? I know somewhere nobody else can go except us."
    "I like the sound of that."
    "Alright, take my hand and I'll transportalate us there. Here we go!"

*POOF*

YiWqNjP.png
    The stars were indeed out and shining bright down upon the couple that night as they held each other close on the roof of Studio PBP. They did briefly look up at them, but the stars that shown the brightest and most brilliant of all, were the ones held in their eyes full of love for each other.
    Post edited by Karababy52 on
    *Updated my October 5th post above! Comments/replies on all your lovely posts coming up next! I hope everyone has a fantastic day/night! <3
    EDIT - Sorry for posting three times in a row, but there was a missing screenshot I added after posting that I'd updated. You might want to refresh to see it if you read it beforehand and were confused about part of the update. Thanks! :)
    Update 276 - Starlight

S0g8p8B.jpg
    Zane and Ruby went out to the Stargazer Lounge to celebrate Ruby's acceptance to uni, wearing their best black tie attire.
    fHLhiWk.png

Oh hi Hugo! Are you the bartender here? No, just making himself a drink since a bartender refused to spawn, even though I have recently assigned several sims to this role...
    kZ7T63W.png

Since they could not order food or drinks due to the lack of bartender, they decided to dance beneath the stars instead.
    MWIittB.jpg

"What school do you think you'll pick?" Zane asked, holding her close.
    "I'm still deciding," Ruby admitted, "But I'm leaning toward Foxbury."
    EYTxrcm.jpg

And what music are they dancing to? Well, thank you, dear Baako, for providing us with a lovely serenade this evening.
    WJiTjNU.png

I did play for a bit longer, focusing on Jules, but I'm gonna save those screenshots for tomorrow since I'm too busy to have proper sims time this week.

Gonna get started on comments now, might take me a bit to finish them though :)
    @permanentrose
    Wow, I didn't even know there was another hot springs object, I thought we only had the one. Cool! Looks like Ruby and Zane had a bit of fun testing it out for you. hehe Oh dear, poor Zane, how embarrassing! o.O Ruby really showed him up eh? :D Ah, and he gets a key to their apartment. Wonder what Jules thinks about that. Congratulations to Ruby for getting into Uni! So sweet everyone, including the pets cheered and celebrated for her. Awww! Very nice she gets to go out for dinner with Zane to celebrate as well.

No worries, you had said you wanted to progress Ruby and Rowan, Robin too.

@Ellupelluellu
    Oh yeah, definitely scary! Especially if you were afraid of heights. o.O Yep, no worries at all! ;) Exactly what I started out trying to do, but just gave up. Josh and Essa wouldn't stand where I wanted them to, or moved somewhere else when I did. Oh well. :D Ohhh yeah, her star! I forgot about that. Okay, then Congrats will be in order after that. :) I felt sorry for Molly and Damon, though Damon didn't look like he minded too much. :D I will definitely put that Mod back in for the month since Essa needs to sing a lot and I think she needs to win a Karaoke contest too.

I'm so glad Melody was able to get a pic of the house before leaving Sulani! That's such a great idea! I think Essa might have a photo of a few of their houses, but not all. Awww look at all those sweet furbabies, I bet they're glad to be home! Ooo Melody looks so fierce casting the Scrubaroo spell! Why did I think they weren't Spellcasters anymore? :D Everything looks scrumptious for their celebratory dinner! So sweet she even cooked for the pets! And drinks too!

Aww, of course she missed the kids and they missed her. So cute seeing Malcom loving up the pets. I really, really love that guy now. He's such a sweet goofball! :) Yay! No homework! Good idea. Just let them have fun on their last day there. I bet they did work up an appetite. And the gang's all there to see Melody place her star; I see Jules, Josh and Essa too! Jon too? Well that's a nice surprise! :) hehe Of course Jules makes a beeline for the pets! Hey, Hi Nik! You handsome hunk of pixels! ;) And Mom is there too! Aww, she had almost everyone she loves there. That's so cool!

Oh man, those two screenshots right underneath 'Back home' are so sweet and romantic! So sweet of Malcom offering to pack so Melody can take a nap. Yay! Congrats to Melody (and you) for finishing the Beach Life aspiration. I know that last task is just so, so, tough to do! o.O :D Oh Wow! I freakin love those extreme close-up screenshots of Melody's face. She is such a beautiful Sim.

Uh...okay, hmmm, now this is interesting. Mom? School? What!? o.O I'll say it again, I LOVE her eyes! But... what an intriguing ending! So curious to find out what the heck is going on. Fantastic update!

Happy Simming Y'all! <3
    @Karababy52
    Super cool idea to have Josh and Essa actually go to a salon and a tattoo parlor! I miss the live mode tattoo option from TS3 for sure. I like the hair colors you chose for them, and Essa's eyebrow piercing is really cool. Nice tattoo choice for her too. Their wardrobes look great too! Looking colorful and fun for their time in the city.

Oh nice, the Romance Festival <3 I'm excited for all the festivals, to be honest. I haven't played any of them in ages so it will be fun to fully appreciate them again. The Romance Festival is perfect for Josh and Essa too, glad they found a little closet to have some fun in ;) Oh hey Bryon! Nice to see him in your game too. Oh, bummer that your food stalls were glitching. I don't know, I think Damon looks kind of cute in his pink pants and heart shirt haha. If you download MCCC, you can change any sims outfits instantly, just saying ;) It's such a small thing but it's honestly one of my favorite parts of that mod. I use it all the time when my sims change outfits randomly in the middle of an action, and then I can just put it right back mid action to the outfit I want. Nice that Josh and Essa could sing some karaoke too! That's one feature I haven't played around with much, and it's fun to explore!

Nice that Josh and Essa could go to the award ceremony! They look lovely in their fancy outfits. Haha, love that Essa and Veera are wearing the same dress but in different colors. Ruby wore it in my update today too ;) Lol, those awards are too funny, especially when it's a servo and they don't even make sense :D Lovely screenshots and exciting that Josh won!

I don't mind Darling usually. I like that there's sims with unique genders expressions, sexualities, and clothing preferences included in the game, so usually I try to keep them around and include them in the background of my story tellings. Haha, yeah, Joey syndrome is a real concern, I have to watch out for that a lot. MCCC outfit changing can help me avoid a lot of awkward situations haha.

@Ellupelluellu
    Malcolm and Melody look good in their red formal wear! Nice award shots, it's fun to see who wins stuff in your game :) Such a nice wall of house photos! That was such a good idea, for Melody to take a photo of each place they've lived. A cool way to show how much progress you've made over this past year. Gotta love those pet screenshots too, they are always underfoot, just like in real life :D Nice pictures of the kids and Melody too, and glad they got to have a nice relaxing day together. Love the diamond placement photos too, and I love that you brought the pets. I love bringing my pets to all lots just since it's so funny to see them in places they really aren't meant to be. And of course Jules tried to steal one of the cats :D

Also super cool zoom in shots of Melody sleeping, and I'm really curious to see the twist you have up your sleeve!

Ruby will be living at home since I can just send her to class from home and hopefully get her a degree without too much fuss. I'll probably have her move out as soon as she has the degree though. And yes, the hot spring functions just like the one at the Onsen. You have to shower before getting in and it does get dirty easily. Which is why I didn't include any "after" photos of Zane and Ruby haha.
    edited October 2021
    To both, @Karababy52 and @permanentrose , thank you for the lovely comments <3:) About the ending/twist, you both will see :p

@Karababy52 ,
    -- Congratulations Josh!!! :smiley: Nice and touching speech! (Veera would of most likely being watching her clock and taking a time, if you wold of showed her :p:p )
    Thank you Veera for finally acting nicely :D I do not have to be ashamed of you (unless you did timed Josh's speech, as you yourself take half the freaking Gala for your own!!!)
    And no worries about the dresses, Sim City has only one dress designer, and lots of ladies, so these things happen, why swatches are handy :p
    Frank and tight pants :D Haha Essa has won that now 3 times in my game in a row :D
    Awww all the hugs :) Oh and yes, Nik Sr fits well as bouncer :p
    Laughed out loud with your captions when Adam spooked Essa :D:joy:
    I LOVE that last pic!!

@permanentrose ,
    --Awww. very lovely outing Ruby and Zane had :love:
    That is weird that no bartenders.. tho I had clear thing, too little amount of free sims. But I downloaded some and almost all are indeed now bartenders :)

edited October 2021

Melody Connors

September, day 1

evU1bbD.png
    The one when something new begins.

68zmp8Y.png
    "MELODY!! You have to wake up!!"
    "Malc... MOM?!?!"
    Wake up! It is time for school!!!"

HtvTh4Z.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

WuS7QJ5.png
    Melody: "What the h.... ! Malcolm!!"

sVOGKc6.png
    Melody: "Did we go to Hollow.. in my old home.. was I drugged at the plate celebrations.. "

rgCT5QP.png
    Melody: "Malcolm!!"
    No answer..

Suddenly she stopped..
    Melody: "Oh no.."
    .. and turned back.
    oSX0w1H.png
    Melody: "Watcher!!!??? tell me I saw wrong!"
    Melody: "WATCHER??"
    Ii9xdhX.png
    Melody: "Oh no.. I saw right.. I saw noting.. MALCOLM!!
    Voice from next door: " Melody! Could you please stop shouting!! You are soon late from school!"

eK4E1xb.png
    Melody: "Mom??!! Where are Malcolm and kids?!?! Why am I a vampire!!?? "
    Veera: "Melody? I am trying to write to charity, Inna is fuzzing all over about some event! And can you believe, she pranked all the toilet of the place AGAIN!?!? I am writing an apology letter.."
    Melody: "Mom, take a picture of me!"
    Veera: "Honey, you hair is fine, I have to finish this.."

LtaGfgW.png
    Melody: "Fine! I'll take it myself!"
    umjGmQx.png
    Melody (looking her own picture): " Oh no... this has to be a bad dream! Someone wake me up PLEASE!! Have I lost everything??"
    Veera: "Honey, what did you said? You lost what? Your dad is downstairs, maybe he knows where you put it.."
    Melody:" Ugh..."
    She also tried to call Malcolm's cell, but the number she tried to call at, was not in use...

alZyyuO.png
    Greg:"Hey Pumpkin , what was that noise all about? "
    Melody: "This just is not my life! I want my life back.. Did you find that stamp collection?"
    Greg: "Pumpkin, what stamp collection?"
    ABhdU3X.png
    Melody: "... and why you still have that voice.. and WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR FEET!?? Where is the mist??"
    Greg: "You scared me pumpkin! What about those? I mever have had any "mist".. What is wrong with you??"
    HGza5x2.png
    She tried to explain what was wrong..
    Greg: "Just calm down,Pumpkin! You had a bad dream, happens to best of us! Your friends are outside calling for you!"
    Melody: "No dad! I did not dream!"

KmsC2gO.png
    Damon: "Melodyy!! Time for school!!"
    s29XWTf.png
    Melody : "Hi Nik! What happened to your hair??"
    Damon : "NIK??? what is wrong with you? I have said hundred of times to not call me that, I am Damon, remember?? Not my creepy old man, the Grimm!"
    pHm66Cb.png
    Damon : "And what is wrong with my hair????? Melody?? Let's go!"
    Melody : "Nothing.. nothing is wrong with your hair.. I am not coming!"
    5W8Aj1a.png
    Melody : "Just that this does not make sense!! I have 3 kids! and 3 pets! You have a wife and 4 kids!!! "
    Damon : "Girl, you are freaking me out here!! just let's get to school, OKAY??"
    kc7PpU2.png
    Melody : "I am not going! Bye, Nik.. or Damon!!"
    T4ON4qP.png
    Damon : "What is this?? Is it 1st of April AGAIN?? I am gonna go to school."

1bA5pYy.png
    She went to have a walk..
    BYWjknn.png
    Melody (to herself) : "But.. is that Brytani?? She died .. what.. 50 years ago??? And is that ohter... No, that's not him.. What is GOING ON??"
    Melody: "WATCHER???!!"
    Ocuhqi9.png

evU1bbD.png
    vyMzBrS.png
    1y80uEj.png
    a2nRd9g.png

Meanwhile, at the hills of Del Sol Valley..
    eoh1s1r.png
    Judith: "She was not at school! I have to know what is wrong!"
    0zvh5Hc.png
    Judith :"Hi, Mr Connors! Is Melody home?"
    Greg :"Hi Judith, yes, she is upstairs, but she has acting weird today.."
    Judith :"I know , she was not at school today!"
    Greg : "Judith, if you stop and think how many years you have been going on those same classes all over again, does it really matter if you skip a day, or two, or a year? "
    Judith : ".....But it is not like her!"
    Greg :"Go up, Judith, I have to publish this book in time, or my publisher will kill me! Nikolas would have good joy out of that one!"
    EMpfsIJ.png
    Judith : "Hi , Melody.."
    Melody : "Hi, Judith.. or is your name even Judith??"
    Judith : "Of course it is, don't be silly.."
    Melody : "Well Nik is noot Nik anymore, he is Damon.. and who knows what.."
    Judith : "But Damon has always been... Okay. Now you tell me everything! We will sort this out!"
    Melody :"I doubt. Everyone says I am dreaming or crazy, nobody believes me.."
    But she told her anyway..
    Judith :"I do believe you. I have been your best friend for over 70 years now, we WILL figure this out , what is wrong with you. I promise. We will go to all to these places tomorrow, at daylight. There must be some evidence left that you are not imagining all this!"
    e6dV7yQ.png
    Melody: "Thank you Judith!"
    Judith: "Anytime! See you tomorrow! Oh hi Cordelia."
    Cordelia: "What's up?"
    Melody: "Nothing."

pzZOIDt.png
    Cordelia: "You okay?"
    Melody: "No. I get some sleep."
    8mdWyJn.png
    Melody (to herself) : "Nothing is okay..."
    HniPnEt.png
    Melody (continues) : ".. and I am not sleeping in a bloody coffin!!"

Post edited by Ellupelluellu on

edited October 2021
    October - Day 6: "Humor & Hijinks Festival"

MJXba1h.png

Notes
    XRIIjMR.png
    By the time Josh and Essa arrived home from the Gala, the Sun had risen in the early morning sky. The garden needed tending and harvesting, so they changed their clothes and went into the greenhouse to take care of that daily chore.

Either one could've just did a Super Sell, but I wanted a screenshot of them taking care of the garden together. Plus, they needed fertilizer. 99% of the garden is in perfect condition, but I read on the forum you should still fertilize the plants to keep them healthier. I guess it helps to avoid the dreaded dirt pile devolving situation as well.

IImmla5.png
    They have both now lost their tans. I'm not sure how to feel about that. I think they looked good with one. However, I think they look much more like themselves without it and maybe even a little younger?

Breakfast consisted of more steak and grilled fruit. Sheesh! Josh's Fresh Chef trait sure has cut down on the cost of meals. Especially since he rarely needs to eat anything. Essa however doesn't have the Never Hungry reward trait or Never Weary either. They both have potions and could make more or read the Book of Life to fill needs, but I like to have them cook and eat meals together sometimes.

lO1uGFC.png
    I love how Josh always, always looks at Essa with such love on his face.

bXGtzuY.png
    Even when she's complaining about something.

"The dishwasher broke? What!? Why? It's brand new!"
    "Have you upgraded it? I know I haven't."
    "Oh, uh, no, I haven't."
    "There's your answer. Just do an Instant Repair and then Instant Upgrade and it'll be good to go!"
    "Smartypants!"
    "ehehe You would've figured that out yourself Beautiful."

hhtojHp.png
    Essa asked Josh if she could play something for him on the guitar. She'd written a song for him, just like he'd written for her and she wanted to play and sing it for him. He of course was very touched she would do that and loved the song.

qiKIhlL.png
    By this time, Essa was very tired. The Humor & Hijinks festival was scheduled for later that night, so she took a nap to be rested up for it. While she was doing that, Josh tried out the DJ machine. The DJ skill is one of very few skills that Josh has not tried to do yet.

(Let's see, I've watched her mess with this thing many times, I should be able to figure out how to turn it on. I think, it's this button? Maybe?)

A basic beat began to play repetitively, waiting for Josh to add his own creativity to it.

(Yeah, that's the one!)

u9VgZ4L.png
    (What do I do now besides put this thing to my ear?)
    (Just start pushing buttons and scratching the turnstyle or something.)
    (Huh, doesn't sound anything like what she can play.)
    (D'uh, you need to practice!)

Josh fiddled with the machine for a couple hours reaching Level 3. Essa finished her nap and the couple went downstairs to attend the festival happening in the community center area in front of the Casbah nearby.

wgSYD5a.png
    They of course joined the Jokesters for the festival competition. Both are very low in mischief skill. That's on purpose since I don't intend for either one to level it out if I can avoid it. Hence joining the Pranksters would be foolish if they wanted to win.

xsJ8Moi.png
    First thing, Josh grabbed a nearby microphone and improvised a comedy routine with Essa laughing and cheering for him! A few others wandered over to enjoy the show too.

2yga12q.png
    "SUL SUL!"

5wZk1WS.png
    Essa saw Roxanne walking by and ran over to have a chat with her. She also gave her a key to their apartment. Annnnd then promptly revoked it. Sorry Roxanne, can't have a nutcase like you just coming into their apartment and doing God knows what. She just needed you to help with the aspiration, again.

The look on her face had Josh quickly running over to tell a joke in hopes of alleviating the tension in the awkward air. Considering what had happened the last time they'd been with Roxanne, it probably wasn't the best idea for Essa to get Roxanne's hopes up and then immediately dash them. o.O Opps!

GsPIEFX.png
    He told the Impossible Sausage Mime joke and waited to see if it would get a positive reaction out of the redhead.

tWdmYcg.png
    Thankfully, it did! She and Essa both started cracking up over the joke. Crisis avoided! This time...

huNPeq2.png
    Roxanne wandered away after that so Essa and Josh grabbed a couple seats at a table where two others were already sitting. Josh began to tell a funny story in hopes it would make them laugh for points.

"A man went to a party and told his wife he'd be home by Midnight. Well the hours passed and the drinks went down too easily. Around 3 a.m., feeling more than tipsy, he headed for home."

1rKmYX4.png
    "Just as he got in the door, the cuckoo clock in the hallway cuckooed 3 times. Quickly, realizing the cuckoo would probably wake up his wife, he cuckooed 9 times."

a10rHQ0.png
    "He was really proud of himself for coming up with such a quick-witted solution in order to escape a possible conflict with her. Even terribly tipsy, 3 cuckoos plus 9 cuckoos equals 12, Midnight!"

0YfFcZy.png
    "The next morning his wife asks what time he got home. He says, Midnight! She didn't seem mad at all and he thought, whew I got away with that one. But then she said, 'we need a new cuckoo clock.' When he asked why she said..."

R7Ucjdn.png
    "Well last night our cuckoo clock cuckooed three times, then said, oh dang! Cuckooed 4 more times, cleared it's throat, cuckooed another 3 times, giggled, cuckooed twice more and then tripped over the coffee table and farted."

TxtHVZR.png
    "HAHAHAHA! That's the funniest joke I've ever heard Dude! You should be a comedian."
    "Hmm, well the robot I built is a comedian, in fact he's a B-Lister!"
    "HAHAHA, Stop, just stop Dude, you're killing me!"
    "Uh, okay, but it's true! His name is Frank."

The man just fell out of his chair in a fit of giggles before crawling away, still laughing.
    "I think that guy must've drank too much Jokester punch or something." Josh said and laughed himself with Essa joining right along with him.

0JkQnP6.png
    Josh and Essa continued telling jokes to each other and anyone else who would listen. Essa's sides hurt from laughing so much. All too soon, the festival started to wrap up and soon it would be announced which team had won, the Jokesters or the Pranksters.

jsOnEiC.png
    "Who do you think won?"
    "I don't know, does it really matter?"
    "No, not really, everyone had fun, that's what matters."
    "Exactly, we had a blast, but it'll still be fun to find out."

*pop* whooshshshshshsh *BOOM*
    *pop* whoosh *pop* whooshshshshshshshshsh *BOOM* *BOOM*

They didn't have long to wait, not more than a minute later fireworks in the color of the winning team began to shoot up into the star-filled sky above them.

GfssdR5.png
    Yellow! For the Jokesters! Their team had won the competition!

isgznFA.png
    Every team member was awarded $500, a microphone/stand and a selection of fireworks.

bsn9WfU.png
    Josh and Essa got up from their seats and went over to watch them with the other victors on their team and those on the opposing team.

QyKWX6C.png
    Essa looked over at Josh who had a big smile on his face to match the one on her own as he watched the fireworks burst in the air. They were having such a good time in San Myshuno. She was glad they'd decided to move here on a whim. Neither one had lived in a big city before and didn't know what to expect, but thought it would be a good experience for them to at least try it once in their lives. She was glad they did and looked forward to more exciting and fun experiences while living here with the man she loved.
    *Updated my October 6th post above! Comments/replies coming up in a bit. Helping Hubby get ready for work at the moment. Hope y'all have a great day/night! <3
    @permanentrose
    TS3 had a live mode tattoo option? Was that to run a tattoo parlor or something? I never played that iteration. But anyway, yeah it was fun doing it that way rather than just remodeling them again. :) I wasn't sure about Josh's hair color at first, but it's growing on me. I had an extremely hard time choosing something for Josh that came with CL. There just isn't very many CAS assets for males that I thought he might wear. I liked the color of that top though so just went with it.

Yes, I'm excited for it too, Essa hasn't been to one since January, which coincidentally was the Romance festival to get the valuable flowers. They had fun at the Humor & Hijinks festival in yesterday's update. I could've changed Damon's outfit if I wanted to or installed a Mod, but it's not that big of a deal. It annoys me, but not enough to get a ginormous Mod like MCCC. Thanks for the suggestion though. :)

It was fun sending them to the Gala again, especially since Veera and Adam were there. I just love that dress and forgot I'd previously given it to Essa. Oh well, it's like one of those 'Who wore it best?' things. :D I think Veera did!

@Ellupelluellu
    Thanks for Josh! I had fun coming up with something he might say about winning it. :) I'm sure she would've been looking at the clock or her watch if she was wearing one, even though she herself takes forever. :D Never thought about that, was just concentrating on Josh at the time. Dang! Missed opportunity. Oh well. :D Love your explanation for the dresses. Perfect! hehe Those funny awards were the only other ones given out, Josh is the only one that got a 'legitimate' award. :D Hilarious Essa won it 3 times in a row! hehe Well I guess that's one way to get noticed in the industry eh?

Lots and lots of hugs, yes! But hey, I imagine that's what happens at awards ceremonies. :) Glad you got a kick out of the exchange between Adam and Veera! I had fun with that. Thank you about the last pic, it's one of my favorites of the month so far. :)

Whoa! What a twist for Melody! Incredible and so unexpected! Bravo! Brilliant interaction with the mirror for her to discover she's a vampire again. Funny how Veera is so distracted because of Inna's playful antics she isn't really listening to what Melody is saying. And she accuses Greg of not listening, now SHE'S not listening! :D Good idea having Melody take her own picture to somehow see how she looks. I always wondered why vampires can't see themselves in mirrors but they can take a photo.

Gah! And now Greg isn't acting like or appears as she remembers him either, no mist, no Grim voice, doesn't know what Melody means by stamp collection. What the heck is going on? And there's Damon or Nik as she thinks he's supposed to be. He looks so skinny as a teen. hehe Ah, and now we get a clue when he says his Dad Nik Sr. is Grim. Nik was Grim before Greg as he mentioned at the dinner they had, so whatever is going on happened a long time ago. Okay, I'm beginning to suspect what happened now, but I'll just wait to see what happens.

Gawd, poor Melody and Damon too. I can't imagine waking up thinking one thing about your life and finding out it's much different than when you went to sleep. Damon/Nik must think she's having a mental illness happening or something. o.O Or rather, yeah, an April Fools joke. Okay, another clue with Brytani. Hmm... I see Veera checking on Melody, watching her from the window. Perhaps she subconsciously did hear some of the things Melody said and is worried about her. Gorgeous screenshots with the angel statue, that barn! I love that barn, and fishing in the pond with the waterfall and sun. Of course she'd go fishing, she loves fishing, gives her something to do that feels familiar.

Wow, Judith looks fabulous as a teen! And she's best friends with Melody, okay. For 70 years? Okay, Judith is a vampire too then. Glad she has her for support at least, even if she doesn't understand, at least she accepts that Melody thinks something is wrong with her life. Best friends will always be there for you no matter what. :) Hi Cordelia! That's a good idea Melody, maybe when you wake up again everything will be back to the way you expect it should be. Fantastic update! I'm so intrigued and can't wait to read more!
    edited October 2021
    Update 277 - Murals

9R9EDGG.jpg
    Beautiful morning. Diego Lobo was out busking.
    PhF4bn3.png

Jules decided to support his creative efforts.
    B6xh3cO.png

Baako Jang was selling an odd assortment of items.
    p7phzAT.png

I mean, I guess Jules could always use some extra toys and voodoo dolls in her inventory lol. Honestly, if Brittany shows up again at a festival or something, Jules is totally gonna bind that voodoo doll to her haha.
    bn1TsUg.png

Time to paint.
    dLnqoiN.jpg

This kid was born to perform.
    GGMwyy7.png

Oh hey Caleb. I guess I gave him the sun resistance perk at some point since he didn't burst into flames.
    KEkl4xM.png

The vampires are flocking to SM apparently.
    Lydia: "Jules is okay, right?"
    Emmett: "Um, yeah, of course...why wouldn't she be?"
    Lydia: "No reason, I just have this compulsive need to check in on her, you know? Anyway, see you later..." (Lol I swear Lydia has had a habit of checking in with Jules this entire challenge :D)
    aamF4Mu.png

Is Jules okay though?? That's a pretty nasty rash haha.
    9JjeTLk.png

Ruby decided to choose Foxbury, just like she had discussed with Zane. I think I'll enroll him there too :)
    UHfKjww.png

Still got to do some studying for a test tomorrow, so I'll catch up on comments tomorrow :)
    edited October 2021
    October - Day 7: "Iddddioooottt's Array" (Should NOT be censored since it's even IN the game and a real name for the card game. Sheesh!)

vFW8qxv.png

Notes
    rY0GZrU.png
    Early Tuesday morning, Essa agreed to have Josh teach her how to play Sabacc, a card game he'd learned over the years from his love of Star Wars, in particular Batuu. He hadn't played it in a long time, since the last time he'd attended GeekCon. But for Josh, it was like riding a bike, something you never forget. They'd recently acquired a Sabacc table, a deck of Sabacc cards and some fake credits. He'd been dying to try it out.

After a soak in the hot tub, they settled down to play a few rounds, or perhaps just one. Why just one? Well, they were playing it with a twist. They called it Strip Sabacc. If Josh won, Essa would have to take off her swimsuit top and they'd continue to play, if Essa won, since he only wore bottoms, he'd have to take off his speedo and it would be game over.

"So I can bet again or call you now, right?"
    "That's right."

LKXH9Hf.png
    "Okay, call!"
    "You don't want to bet anymore?"

q9DufuP.png
    "Umm... no, I don't think so."
    "Okay, then now we show what cards we have."

kS7BYoY.png
    "Whoa Essa, 2! An Iddddiiiiooootttt's Array! You should've bet more. I bombed out with -22. Needed just one more for a perfect Sabacc."
    "Did I win?"
    "Yes, you win BOTH pots, the main and the Sabacc pot! Good job"

Qp8CHmB.png
    "Yippee for me!"
    "I can't believe it. Must be beginner's luck."

j10xqbk.png
    "Okay, take off that Speedo Babe!"
    "Alright, but..."
    "But what?" Essa asked raising an eyebrow at him.
    "Even though you won, you're taking off your suit too, right?"
    "What makes you think I'd do that?"
    "Because... I was thinking of another 'prize' to give you." He said wiggling his eyebrows up and down.
    "Is that so? Maaaaybe I will, but it depends..." Essa suddenly got up and sprinted toward the stairs.
    Josh got up from his chair and chased after her. "HEY! Depends on what?"
    "You have to catch me and take them off yourself!" *gigglesnort*

ucFHyyJ.png
    A little while later, the couple dressed and went to grab some lunch from a food stall in the Spice District.

"I'd like an order of Tajine, please."
    "Oh that looks good, I'll have the same."

6fitoQh.png
    "That's not the same dish."
    "No, it's Merguez. I apologize Miss, but he got the last Tajine. I thought perhaps you'd like to try it instead. It's delicious. You can have it at a discount!"
    "Thank you, but I can pay full price."
    Essa gave the vendor the full price and walked over to sit by Josh at a picnic table.

MWRt94v.png
    "What's that? I thought you were getting the Tajine too."
    "You got the last serving. This is Merguez, whatever that is."
    "Oh, I don't know what that is either, but I won't tell you what it looks like."
    "Yeah, I know what it looks like, but, she said it's delicious. We'll see."

lGYL2Pm.png
    "Would you like to trade? I don't mind."
    "Aww, you're so sweet. No that's okay, but thanks for the offer."

lvvgu7h.png
    "How's yours? Despite what it looks like, the Merguez is yummy!"
    "The Tajine is..."

qKFP5qm.png
    "HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT! Hot Hot Hot! Ahhhhhh!"

HwDCaKK.png
    *Puh*
    "Hey! Look, I blew a perfect smoke ring!"
    "Cool!"
    (Glad I didn't trade now.)

After lunch the couple went across the community center area to the Honey Pot Karaoke bar intending to get some drinks and maybe practice their singing skills.

Zg1JcMD.png
    Josh ordered a couple Sea of Fire drinks for the two them. As they sat chatting waiting for the bartender to mix them up, Roxanne walked up behind them.
    "Hey Essa, hey Josh!"
    (Uh oh!)

"Roxanne, uh, Hi, what a...nice surprise."

krjPGu7.png
    "Would you like to have a drink with us?"
    (Essa! What are you doing!?)
    "Oh I'd love to."
    (Dangit!)

"But i"m up next to sing. Maybe afterward if you're still here."
    (Oh thank the Watcher!)

"Okay, good luck!"
    "Thanks!"

UlCEQ4W.png
    Finally their drinks arrived as one of my vampire townies walked up looking a bit sad and ordered a drink. Hi Saya!

cV0xwCc.png
    Josh gazed at Essa even as he drank. He is always, always watching her. I just love that fact.

Nqs8MBe.png
    "Would you like another drink? Or did you have something else in mind for us to do?"
    (I know what I want to do.)
    (You always want to do that.)
    (Yeah, well can you blame me? I love her and look at her, she's gorgeous!)

"Okay, well by that look in your eye, I know what you're thinking. But, can we maybe check out the Casbah first? We live so close and haven't been in there yet. The art looks amazing from the street."
    "What about singing?"
    "Maybe another time? I like Roxanne, but..."
    "No explanation needed, I get it. Okay, let me finish this then we'll go to the Casbah."
    "Cool!"
    (You always do what she wants.)
    (I like making her happy, it makes me happy. Anything wrong with that?)
    (Nope, not a thing. )

bCULEI9.png
    Josh and Essa looked at all the beautiful art and sculptures, went upstairs and tried out the instruments earning them some cheers from other patrons and then went downstairs to try out the Bubble Blower. Once again, Josh had tried it before, but Essa never had. She let him pick out what flavor they would try. He chose just plain to give Essa a chance to get used to it before going for anything fancier.

It didn't matter though since she choked on it anyway.
    "Oh, that tastes strange!"
    "Wow, those are some big bubbles."

twAIEyq.png
    Josh didn't have much more luck than Essa and choked when blowing bubbles himself.
    "Bleh, you're right, I think it's mixed too strong or something."
    "Josh? Why are all those people frowning at us like they're judging us or something?"
    "Oh, well, nevermind them. Some people don't think respectable Sims should blow bubbles even though it's perfectly legal."
    "Oh, okay."
    "Just ignore them."

jwY1sRl.png
    (Dangit! Did she hear that?)
    (I don't think so.)
    (Good! ehehehe)

Bydhe0e.png
    "Essa! I can't believe you did that!"
    "Did what?"

sA3LmOK.png
    "Ewwww! That's gross! What did you eat? Must've been the Merguez or something. Gawd!"
    "Hey, it's not me! I didn't do it!"

QiNyhnS.png
    "Ahahahaha, I know, gotcha! It was me!"
    "Oh for Watcher's sake! Why do all the guys in my life sometimes act like little boys?"

t0krD87.png
    "Aww, come on Beautiful, I was just having a little fun. You love that about me, right?" Josh cooed blowing Essa a kiss.
    "Oh, you're so lucky I love you and you're cute. You make me laugh Josh. Even if you do act like a big kid sometimes."
    (It just makes him even more endearing to be honest.)
    Josh gave her a big brilliant smile and winked.
    "Shall we go home now?"
    "I thought you'd never ask."

1wRBa2y.png
    Back home Josh and Essa turned on the flat screen to watch Roaring Vice. It was now storming outside. Hopefully later it would clear up and they could again go out and explore the city some more.

And that's where I left them. :)
    *Updated my October 7th post above! I hope it all make sense, I have a horrible headache still that just will not go away. Not really much going on in this update, but I did get some aspiration stuff done, wanted something I didn't need to concentrate on too hard. Anyway, hope y'all have a wonderful day/night! <3
    Update 278 - Art Gallery

J0InsHX.jpg
    Let's take a trip to the art gallery across the street from their penthouse. The Humor & Hijinks Festival happened later on in the day, but I'll save that for my next update

Never too young to start appreciating art :)
    H3dKkiq.png

Ruby attracted the attention of several artists as she got a head start on her uni homework.
    tK8UVYt.jpg

Jules and Robin both dabbled in creating their own works of art. And I guess Pickle traveled with them too? I don't remember selecting him to join, but hey, let's let him appreciate the art too :)
    3UX85pd.jpg

Sofia had spawned as an artist as well. "What do you think of this painting, Pickle?"
    CnwO8Ox.jpg

Very thought provoking...
    XoPv3sY.png

More Pickle loving.
    LjCww9Z.jpg

Rowan got home from school and joined them. I still need to get him to finish just one childhood aspiration, so lets work on that :joy:
    KCrs3ye.png

Someone decided to strip down lol. She actually does this frequently - I think the "wild" trait causes that. So annoying that they wear those dumb slippers though...
    u0PZ73n.png

The Humor & Hijinks Festival spawned right about then, so the family headed out to enjoy the event :)

@Karababy52 Sorry you aren't feeling well! I hope your headache goes away

@Karababy52 ,
    Yes , absolutely wearing super tight pants is a good way :D Actually very popular way among mys sims, if believed that gala :joy:
    Thank you for your comments about my update :)<3 I feel bad that I am not "commenting to your comments" as I really do not want to give out any spoilers by accident :D
    I so hope you get rid of that headache soon!
    --"Humor & Hijinks Festival"
    Aww, their garden looks nice :) I personally like them without that tan more :) Maybe yes younger, and EAxis tan has that orange twist , imo.
    Haha Josh, keep practising , you will get it :D I am more surprised that there is something you CANNOT yet do :D
    Ah, the only festival I really dislike.. I am usually also on jokesters side. Fireworks are lovely in that fest, tho.
    Awww.. Essa, now I feel bad for poor Roxanne.. but then again, not :)
    Second last pic is maybe my favorite , hard to say why :)
    --"Iddddioooottt's Array" (and yes, taht is very silly as the name od the game is that :D )
    Ohh.. what id those fake credits aren't fake at all ;) Might be valuable somewhere far far away :p
    Haha to that Merguez against Tajine.. but looks like Essa was more lucky anyway :p
    Ahh, close call again, With Roxanne :p
    LOOOL!!! That tiny "toot" bubble :D and come on Josh!! Do not blame her!!!! :joy:

@permanentrose ,
    --Update 277 - Murals
    Cool looking mural she made :smiley: Jules, very nice of you to tip Diego, I would of personally not to, he gets enough money anyway :D
    Haha , so Jules did buy that woodoo doll from Baako? :p
    Did Rowan got any tips?
    Oh Lydia, maybe better next time to ask Jules herself :D Or is there a reason you don't ;)
    Nasty rash indeed, I hope she had medicine :)
    -- Update 278 - Art Gallery
    Hehe, as I said at last screenies, clearly a future art critic.. beware, Diego ! :D
    YES!! ALL THE LOVE TO PICKLE! <3 But yes that painting was hilarious :p

@permanentrose
    Nice of Jules to support both Diego and Baako. Oh yes, that VooDoo doll will come in very handy indeed if Brittany shows up. hehe Go Rowan! He looks happy. Glad Caleb has Sun Resistance. Nice of Lydia to keep checking up on Jules too. Bummer about the rash Jules, but take some medicine or drink some juice and you'll be good as new in no time. ;) Good idea having Zane enroll too, they can 'help' each other 'study.' ;)

Robin looks so cute gazing at the art work. Maybe she'll grow up to be an artist eh? Unless you have other plans for her. :) Were all those resident artists helping Ruby with her homework? Looks like almost the entire family is enjoying creative projects. My Sims seem to paint that particular painting all the time for some reason. Aww Pickle is such a cutie pie! Yep, it's the wild child trait that makes toddlers take off their clothes and run around! I don't like how they wear slippers either. It's just silly! Sometimes they were them in the bathtub too. o.O

Have fun at the Humor and Hijinks festival! :) Thanks about the headache, thankfully it's gone now. Hope it doesn't come back.

@Ellupelluellu
    hehehe Hilarious! Especially Essa apparently. ;) Hey, no worries, they're just comments, don't need a reply unless I ask a question. I understand. :) Headache's gone now, thankfully! \o/ Aha! You're right! I knew there was something bugging me about their tans, must've been the orange-y tint to it. I agree, they look better without the tans.

LOL! Seems like there is nothing he can't do eh? Maybe being a DJ just isn't his forte, we shall see! ;) Yep, that one is my least favorite too and I usually avoid it at all costs. I told myself this time though that they would go to each festival at least once. I wish I'd saved this one now since they are at the point where they actually need to shoot off fireworks at that festival now for the aspiration! :D Opps! Oh well, just says they have to shoot off fireworks there, they don't have to participate. ;)

I felt a little bad for her too, but didn't want to deal with her drama. She actually did start yelling at Essa again, but those screenshots didn't make the cut. Oh and I looked, she isn't erratic, she's just evil. :D I love that one too! I almost posted that one instead of them up on the roof in the last screenshot thread. I think it's the angle, fireworks and their expressions that I like. :) hehe True about the Batuu credits. I looked though and neither one actually had any after they played. Maybe they just don't show up until they actually go to Batuu?

Yep, I'd be glad I didn't trade too after seeing Josh breathing fire like a dragon. hehe Oh man, I had SO much fun with that series of screenshots. Adding that little 'toot' bubble makes me giggle every time I see it! LOL! Yep, I'm actually not 59, I'm apparently 12! ;)
    edited October 2021
    October - Day 8: "Thinking of you..."

hAQpNeU.png

Notes

This is merely a placeholder because our power keeps going off and on. I'm afraid it will go completely out before I can get back to post before Midnight, so posting this now. Hopefully I'll be back later to update with a proper Daily Pic and story update! Hope y'all had a wonderful day/night! <3

Obviously our power did go out completely last night. This post will be the final for this day. Thanks! :)
  • lilypadmeulinlilypadmeulin Posts: 1,655 Member
    Very happy to see how everyone's doing - I definitely miss this thread! I think I'm going to join in with a new Sim next year - possibly one of my Legacy Sims, if things line up!

Melody Connors

September, day 2, part 1

wn54vQl.png
    The one in the library.

H9wHiAO.png
    She could not sleep.
    What was pretty obvious.
    And she was thirsty.. She had one fish last evening, she can make that as a plasma pack, but it will not last for long.
    yQf4pLO.png
    She went downstairs, where her father was writing his book, and her aunt practicing pipe organs.
    Melody: "Oh I wish I would remember how this was done.."
    Cordelia: "Why are you acting so silly, Melody, you have made plenty of those every day."
    Melody: "Yes, long time ago!!"
    Cordelia: "Stop that nonsense, you had a bad dream!"
    TxlyeRz.png
    Melody: "Well looks like I am not the only one who is slow at learning.. you have now played those organs for what? 5 decades?"
    Greg: "Pumpkin..."
    L5O5rwi.png
    Melody: "Sorry dad, am just so upset about all of this!"
    Greg: " Pumpkin, I know you are, but you are also jumping all over the house an making everyone else tense too. Why not have another walk, or something?"
    VqmAqAH.png
    Melody: "okay.. I'll go.."
    w5re3Xa.png
    Melody: "This is so unfair..."
    A3IooY3.png
    Melody: "Watcher!!?? Why did you do this to me???"
    eNXyOoI.png
    Melody: "WATCHER???"

HTcuzWn.png
    She went to Windenburg.. not to see if her old house was there, she did not want to do that alone. But to visit the library. They say there are some very old Vampire books in there. Maybe she would find some clues from there?
    All looked almost the same.. mmm.. maybe there were more tables before, and also flowers.. but that might be as it was summer then, now almost winter coming, she thought.
    qrQUwI4.png
    At least the library looked like it was always looked alike .

bbK1Kos.png
    First thing she faced in the library, was a very angry librarian.
    cqg08hq.png
    Librarian: "You again! Didn't I tell you and your friends last week to stay out of my library!! You can terrorize some other library!"
    Melody: " Oh I am sorry, but I have never even met you, I think.. "
    Librarian: "Oh reallly, you were here with other teens , that blonde celebrity, a boy with long dark hair and a girl with some kind of pigtails! You kept my library as a dance studio! Others could not even read in peace!"
    3AUKp68.png
    Melody: "Oh.. I am very sorry for mine and... my friends actions.. I promise I will not cause any trouble! I just want to read some books.. Please?
    thtB3X4.png
    Librarian: "Ok, but I only give you ONE more chance! No troubles, or you are gone from here permanently!"
    Melody: "Sure, thank you. I really just want to read."
    S8lIn08.png
    slyyk9N.png
    And that is what she did.

8Ga0Yav.png
    After she came back from getting another book, there was this young girl sitting on her bench.
    She kept talking and talking about pretty much everything.
    Why is that girl here? It is soon midnight! She should leave me alone and go home, Melody thought.
    Maybe girl would leave if she shows her dark form?
    2XbsQCQ.png
    Melody sat down, she did not even hiss. Girl seemed to not notice, she kept talking about some funny school happenings and kept clapping her hands..
    LwYpZ3c.png
    .. untill she looked at her.. then she was horrified.
    bPvB9UO.png
    Girl: "Where is that librarian? Help... "
    Oh no...
    OTBRJ3z.png
    Melody: "Hey, please, do not tell her, I am just wearing a costume, see. For Dramaclub!"
    F7XpOL1.png
    Too late.

knk1vMN.png
    Indeed, there she comes..
    Tm1Vesw.png
    She yelled at her and informed that Melody had used that one last chance she had, and now out!!
    vwkOYrB.png
    That was the moment she could not take it anymore.. all what had happened, almost nobody believing her.. Judith might of just said that.. and now THIS! NO WAY!
    VBYn9s7.png
    AFVon1i.png
    15MOWqA.png
    Aa7zVVi.png
    Melody: "Ahhhhhh!!! And now I am not thirsty anymore!!"

u1kaUtW.png
    Then she heard something..
    Melody: "Hello! Is somebody there?"
    E0rhLDu.png
    No answer.. and totally silent.

pI3jaqo.png
    45WKjsn.png
    Better get going anyway..

tH6YUj7.png
    When at home, she first though she would continue reading in the park. But she saw Meredith, a teen who that librarian must of been talking about. She is a big sister of Nik.. ehh.. Damon, and she must of heard from him by now, about Melody's "weird" behavior.

eoU3QUf.png
    She went to the only place usally never anyone visited during night time, to read that book she "borrowed" .. and waiting till it was morning.

Htp2Shd.png
    4Qk8J3K.png
    Melody: "I miss Malcolm so much..."

@lilypadmeulin Good to see you in this thread again! Very cool you're thinking of trying the challenge again next year too! :)

Everyone - Obviously our power went out completely last night. We just got reconnected a little while ago. The screenshot I posted for the 8th will be the daily post pic with no story update. Sorry about that. :/ Good news for me is we're not supposed to have any thunderstorms again until Monday night! I'll post for today (at least a daily post pic) and comments later tonight after I've had a chance to play and catch up on things I missed last night. Hope y'all had a good day/night! <3

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top