Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Really Upset!!! Nails on Trans Sims are Glitchy!!!

Β«1
The nails look really bad on Trans Sims and/or Sims whose gender has been customized in CAS look bad. I have a female Sim whose build is masculine and the meshes are clearly not lining up or something. Plus male Sims with female builds have lumps in the texture. I play on Xbox Console so there's no mods. Just vanilla game. I have a picture from my screen shot but I don't know how to download it.

Comments

• Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    edited September 2021
    I've read they have had issues with different clothes. Does that make any difference? It seems odd to me if they are supposed to work with both builds why it would matter which ultimate gender is chosen. I'll have to test it, but I'm PC so it could possibly be a console thing.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Make sure to put your problem where the QA team can see it, which isn't here.

You'll want to make a thread (or reply to an existing thread if there is one on this issue already), here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    edited September 2021
    it isnt just with the trans i noticed some female clothes get weird stripe from many of the new nails (though oddly enough there was one nails option that didn't do it)

also this happened on Judith Ward so like idk I'll have to explore patch more today
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion πŸ¦‡ Vlad Advocate πŸ‰ Team Dragons
    🏑 Gallery πŸ“– Stories 🌍 World Project πŸ₯” MOD/CC Free
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    edited September 2021
    Can confirm after updating many, many library Sims for nails that there are random glitches I think are clashes with the clothing. The most common thing I encountered was a color stripe up various feminine tagged clothing. Second thing I encountered was circular indents around each finger around the knuckles of a male Sim in just one of his outfits (imagine a ring indent on all fingers at the knuckle). I also saw a few random nails that looked like they may have laid a little odd, but they were passable enough for me to not care.

Then, thirdly, and I don't even know if this is related though I noticed it during my CAS time, one of my vamps had her braclet stuck. Specifically the one that looks sort of like a glove/cuff. It is stuck in one color on her right arm. Selecting a new color or new bracelet places the newly selected item on her left arm. The old bracelet cannot be removed from the right arm. It is stuck in both the normal and dark form outfits.
  • PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    Do you mean this?
    3C9BQSG.png
    npglFRk.png

My sim is female, with a masculine frame. I'm not sure whether the glitch only effects sims that have custom gender settings in CAS, as I only tested it on the sim you see in the screenshots.

There was only one bug report that I found regarding nails, so I replied to that post here about this specific issue. I'd would recommend that you do the same, and provide any screenshots if you can.
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • I made 8 different Sims and tested it. All were different ages, sex, gender, and even occult skin tone vs. regular skin tone. The only ones I saw the glitching appear on were customized gendered Sims. Mostly female with masc builds. I heard about the clothes glitch so I could do the same test and just remove any and all clothes/accessories and update this thread with my scientific findings.
  • Plumbeeb wrote: Β»
    Do you mean this?
    3C9BQSG.png
    npglFRk.png

My sim is female, with a masculine frame. I'm not sure whether the glitch only effects sims that have custom gender settings in CAS, as I only tested it on the sim you see in the screenshots.

There was only one bug report that I found regarding nails, so I replied to that post here about this specific issue. I'd would recommend that you do the same, and provide any screenshots if you can.

Kinda but a lot worse. How'd you post this pic? Cuz I have a picture that shows.
  • Tequila_Rose_13191Tequila_Rose_13191 Posts: 143 Member
    edited September 2021
    I'm trying to post the picture but I'm having trouble...
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,806 Member
    Hey @Tequila_Rose_13191 that's pretty bad that the nails do not show up properly on trans sims.

To post pictures on the forums try a service like http://postimg.cc and after you upload your image look for the "Hotlink for forums" or similar code, should start with [img

To report this bug to EA try the Answers HQ board for Sims 4. There is already a thread about this bug there:
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Nail-clipping-misalignment-for-Sims-with-opposite-gender-frames/m-p/10710902/highlight/true#M198958
    You can click "Me too" or Reply to add your own info.
    Someone on that thread posted some pictures already.

gen3-banner.png
  • @mightysprite Thank you so much! I really appreciate it.
    edited September 2021
    Attempt 1 at picture post
  • Still trying to post it
  • Ok 3rd try lol
  • Hopefully this shows the picture
  • Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member
    Since nails weren't a "thing" did they just add clipping points?
  • GirlFromIpanemaGirlFromIpanema Posts: 843 Member
    @Tequila_Rose_13191
    Try this tutorial for help posting pictures to the forum, this is the way I do it and haven't had any issues. :smiley:
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/830602/tutorial-how-to-upload-pictures-to-this-forum/p1
    edited October 2021
    I tried using the tutorial http://imgur.com/a/u9v9aVx
    I'm trying to use imgur on my phone made an account and I'm still having issues... The options don't look the same on my phone as they do in the tutorial... 😟
    I'm trying so hard 😭
    Testing me...lol
    cb56e7aa-1e15-460a-9b89-dc5378c0d17b.png I don't know what to do anymore
    Omg it worked!!! Finally!!! Ty everyone who helped!!! I am so sorry that was such a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 show! But now hopefully everyone can see what I mean.
    Ty @ GirlFromIpanema and @mightysprite
    cb56e7aa-1e15-460a-9b89-dc5378c0d17b.png
    cb56e7aa-1e15-460a-9b89-dc5378c0d17b.png hopefully the image is easier to see