Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Purchasing a copy

shanetra09shanetra09 Posts: 31 Member
Is there anywhere I could buy the sims 2 and it not cost $77? Everywhere I have tried to look that's how much it costs or more.

Comments

• GirlFromIpanemaGirlFromIpanema Posts: 843 Member
    edited October 2021
    I'm in the UK but I got Sims 2 and it's expansions quite cheaply from charity and second hand shops a few years ago.

Good luck, I hope you find it for a better price. :smile:
  • Heehee_BearHeehee_Bear Posts: 13 New Member
    On Mac it's £30
  • Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    Probably no place guaranteed.

It's no longer being made by EA so there are a finite number of physical copies out there.

The prices are likely only going to go up as time goes on.

You may get lucky and find some discs at thrift shops and places like that being sold by people who don't know the value. But you aren't likely to find a cheap price online as the seller is likely a Simmer or former Simmer and knows the fact that people will pay money for it.
  • GirlFromIpanemaGirlFromIpanema Posts: 843 Member
    @Seera1024 That's very true, and it's a shame. I think I'll dig out my copies of old Sims games and packs I no longer play and take them to my local thrift shop so that someone else can get enjoyment out of them without breaking the bank!

@shanetra09 Have you had any more luck finding a copy of Sims 2?
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    Good luck. I'm in the US and codes for the Ultimate Collection (base game, all EPs and all SPs), were not given out past 2018. It's a shame too, because this was the best game of the series. I don't know what I'm gonna do when I eventually have to upgrade to Windows 11.
  • canitbemancanitbeman Posts: 396 Member
    Seera1024 wrote: »
    Probably no place guaranteed.

It's no longer being made by EA so there are a finite number of physical copies out there.

The prices are likely only going to go up as time goes on.

You may get lucky and find some discs at thrift shops and places like that being sold by people who don't know the value. But you aren't likely to find a cheap price online as the seller is likely a Simmer or former Simmer and knows the fact that people will pay money for it.

It's really a shame EA forgot that. I think everyone should be able to experience TS2 easily, because many people missed its original run and don't know what it's all about.
    in7xjb5WX7PIyv2bAPK9om-UpQ6lu50OmTOOMedFkabQlJ6WAblttI-YkjpbwbaMsZYP99rvrxYZYvusuoiZY9kgoOukGZu8miL-x4i5Vjt_4VS982WP32Goc22ldJNMZMCL6b2pKA=w2400
  • D3xt3r249D3xt3r249 Posts: 12 New Member
    > @canitbeman said:
    > It's really a shame EA forgot that. I think everyone should be able to experience TS2 easily, because many people missed its original run and don't know what it's all about.

🐸🐸🐸🐸 shame, Greed holds no bounds it seems, hell I want to play it and I would pay for convenience.
  • SoyokoAnisSoyokoAnis Posts: 19 Member
    > @EricasFreePlay said:
    > Good luck. I'm in the US and codes for the Ultimate Collection (base game, all EPs and all SPs), were not given out past 2018. It's a shame too, because this was the best game of the series. I don't know what I'm gonna do when I eventually have to upgrade to Windows 11.

It works pretty well on Windows 11 and it loads pretty fast and I have UC.
    Sul Sul, I'm SoyokoAnis! Kinda new around here but know a lot about The Sims. Happy Simming!
  • Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,960 Member
    I’ve owned most of the expansion and stuff packs for years, but last year I managed to get Apartment Life and Glamour Life Stuff on eBay. I also got another copy of Bon Voyage on there as I’d lost the manual/disc (I forget which one).
  • Destin2016Destin2016 Posts: 568 Member
    Check out the Sims 2 Reddit . All kinds of helpful info there.
    You like me because I'm a scoundrel. There aren't enough scoundrels in your life.
  • garapoesgarapoes Posts: 422 Member
    Check the Sims 2 Facebook group.
    English is not my first language so sorry if I make any mistakes!