Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mary Kendall, A Ghost Story

Comments

• emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    @bekkasan I always look forward to more of this story. :blush:
    You did such a great job grunging up the rental house. :mrgreen: Oh I'd be worried about bed bugs too Damien. :flushed: Never had to before, but I sure do now living out here... We're thinking of getting a camp trailer for that very reason to avoid hotels when traveling. Anyhoo. :p
    Mmm, he looks good getting into bed there. :love: Rawr!
    Gorgeous early morning pics. <3
    Always cute to see Jamie kissing Bekka, but I thought the dialogue between Lee and Layla was especially adorable and romantic. <3
    Darn, Damien hasn't been contacted by the syndicate yet. :p I wanna see how everything goes down and what really happened! I'm so hungry for more! When? ;):kissing_heart:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

@Silverofdreams30 Thanks so much for your comments. :smiley: I think he looks great in the more casual clothes too!
    I think that was a croc that he caught! :grin:

@emorrill I'm happy to see your comments! :heart: Thank you! I enjoyed grunging up the house. :grin:
    He does look hot doesn't he? :love:
    I'm sure things will be happening soon...maybe?
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,921 Member
    @bekkasan I had another read of this story yesterday. I'm up to May 23. I'll get there. It's a nice story and your sims are getting along nicely. I will continue reading in the hope of catching up one day. Happy Simming.

@Karritz I'm sorry I missed your comment and I appreciate your reading it. :heart:
    I took a little break as life got busy with work and helping with the grand baby.
    I hope to be playing and writing today with an update soon.

Contact

Back in the house watching TV, Damien hears noises on the porch. Elias closes the computer and vanishes so only Damien can see him. A loud knock sounds, and Damien turns the TV off and answers the door. Three men are standing there. One he recognizes but he makes no signs of acknowledgement.
    “Yeah, what do you want at this time of night?” he asks. “I’m not buying anything!”
    “We want to talk to you, so how about let's talk inside instead of hashing this out on the porch in front of the world. Your boss contacted our boss and set up this meeting.”
    51543341985_1577e358fd_o.jpg
    51541625657_f9a398e4f2_o.jpg

Damien shrugs and moves out of the way as they enter the house. He glances up at the night sky before going inside. The quarter moon is climbing high in the sky and is reflected in the river. Just a few more days and Mary will be back.
    51541625707_864ca7f02e_o.jpg

When Joe, who seems to be in charge of the group, enters the house, he sends Dave to examine the computer on the desk. He directs Mack to search the rest of the house.
    51542414136_56a24cd6e9_o.jpg

“I’m Joe, that’s Dave and Mack.” Joe points to the others as they begin their search of Damien’s things. Joe turns and looks behind him. He was certain he felt someone breathing behind him. No one is there. As he runs his finger under his collar, he tells Damien, "It sure is hot in here."
    "The AC doesn't work in this dump. I’ve been waiting for contact all day. Is there a problem?”
    “No problem. The boss had a few things to check out. So far you’ve checked out with his contacts. You can’t be too careful, ya know?”
    51542414056_7b9338c56e_o.jpg

Dave comes over and tells Joe the computer is clean.
    Mack searches the bedroom and bathroom, then looks in the kitchen cabinets and refrigerator and calls out to Joe that the rest of the place is good.
    “Let's go. You'll be riding along with us.”
    “That’s fine, I left my ride in Bridgeport.”
    51542414001_1eb6245abc_o.jpg
    51542414041_b86d30d83f_o.jpg

Damien touches his watch, transmitting the signal to Detective Abbott, Jamie and Lee that contact has been made and they are going to the headquarters.
    The alarm on Jamie's watch rouses him as well as Bekka. Jamie reassures Bekka he will be safe in the observation house that the police have set up.
    Bekka is worried despite his reassurances.
    “We just found each other. I don’t want anything to happen to you.”
    “I don’t want anything to happen to me either.” He laughs with his usual confidence and pulls her into his arms kissing her with all his love.
    51543341575_5bff0e1060_o.jpg
    51541625362_4af594a5bf_o.jpg

Layla is awakened by Lee's alarm, and she gets up with him. “I know you will be fine but I wish I was going with you.”
    “Damien felt we needed to keep the numbers down for this operation to be successful. I think if my magic was not as strong as it is he wouldn’t let me join. But, he knew I could be a significant help, especially if things go wrong for him inside. We need to get in place, so we are closer. We are too far away here if anything happens.
    51543341435_f7337f41a6_o.jpg

After arriving at headquarters Joe texts his boss who meets them outside. Damien raises his arms and is searched by Bert Alto who is the current leader of the local syndicate. “You understand that even with your recommendations from our contacts, we must exercise caution.”
    51542659243_4e2f6da742_o.jpg

Bert, who wants to break into the global syndicate, is thrilled to have Damien on his team, even if it is temporary. He received excellent reports regarding his reputation and skills from the ‘fake’ syndicate in Bridgeport. He welcomes him warmly after the search. He is hopeful Damien will be willing to do a few small jobs for him while he is hiding out in Hidden Springs. “Nothing that will get you noticed by the cops, I assure you. The locals are fairly dense and couldn’t catch a burglar if they were standing in front of them.”
    Dave frowns as he stands behind Bert and hears that statement. He is looking forward to the day when he's no longer undercover and can help bring down this organization and the buffoon who runs it.
    Bert tells Joe to show Damien around and introduce him to the others and offer him a drink. “Make sure to give him the good stuff. Not the cheap stuff.”
    Damien can’t help but smile at the disgruntled look on Joe’s face when Bert tells him to treat him like the visiting VIP he is alleged to be.
    51542413966_fa60d42dd0_o.jpg

Joe places his hand on the security pad and waits for the door to open. Mack senses something is not quite right and turns back. “It got really hot again.”
    Damien rolls his eyes as he looks at Elias. Elias shrugs and turns to face Mack.
    The door makes a loud clicking sound as the locks open for entry. Joe explains that when anyone leaves they can just walk out, but entry is by hand print only. “You will have to call one of the crew for entry unless Bert gets you printed. I guess that will depend on how long you will be here.”
    51542658993_c66d505f0d_o.jpg

Mack looks right at Elias and shivers despite the strange heat he is feeling. He does not see him but he definitely senses something unusual.
    Joe leads the way into the building. “Mack, pay attention!” he shouts.
    Something weird is going on," Mack mumbles to himself.
    Elias grins and follows behind the group as they enter the headquarters.
    51542413776_c3c6463fab_o.jpg

Damien follows Joe as he descends a flight of stairs. Another doorway with a coded entry is ahead. Joe enters the code, and they enter the main hallway. The paneled walls are coated with green algae or mold. The air is stale and smells of years of grime and dust. Damien realizes now why the chief asked if his health was good and his shots up to date.
    51541625147_7e6d92d23f_o.jpg

Joe walks to the end of the corridor, pointing out the restrooms, sleeping quarters, a small conference room and the kitchen area. He opens a door to a large room with couches, a bar, card tables and a pool table.
    “We hang out here in between jobs. A few of us live on site so someone is usually in the building. Bert makes out a schedule to be sure someone is protecting the premises while others are out on jobs."
    51543225597_46e7177107_o.jpg
    51544265053_afd988db0d_o.jpg
    51545860236_62a69c1f74_o.jpg

Elias sits between the two making Mack extremely uncomfortable with his invisible presence. Mack squirms and shudders feeling something but not able to see Elias. He is sweating from the heat generated by Elias.
    Joe looks over at him. "I don't know what is wrong with you man but you need to take a chill pill or something."
    "Looks like Dave has drinks ready. I'll have one of those."
    Elias finally gets bored with tormenting Mack and explores the other rooms. A few things have changed since he was last in the building.
    51543341290_c2f3d57304_o.jpg
    51543225837_9c2b23ddd9_o.jpg

Jamie and Lee arrive at the observation house set up by the police. Detective Abbott ushers them in shutting the door behind them.
    “Thank you for arriving so promptly. I have been tracking him since getting the signal and he is presently inside the headquarters. He was searched on arrival, but they did not find our advanced devices."
    The detective points to the other doorway as he tells them, "The other room has a couple of beds, a bathroom and a shower. There are drinks and snacks in the mini fridge. The Chief will come by periodically with food and help with monitoring Damien as well. It is a little cramped, but it is close to the headquarters which is exactly what we needed. We will set up a schedule. Two of us will be tracking Damien at all times, with one resting."
    Jamie and Lee look around the small room at the monitoring equipment and computers set up. "Everything looks fine. Will you show us how to use the equipment?"
    51546649143_b0ba945859_o.jpg
    51541625082_25ddc09b67_o.jpg

"Yes, in a few minutes. First, I have a question for both of you. Something is making the two criminals uncomfortable. I read Damien’s files and know he has worked with ghosts before, solving cold cases. He is married to one. He did not reveal the identity of his informant to us. Is it a ghost, and did it accompany him to the headquarters? I need to know for Damien's safety as well as our agent.”
    51547163874_d06d1576bd_o.jpg
    edited October 2021
    @bekkasan Yay! I've been looking forward to this! :smiley:
    (I know I said some of these in a text message, but here it goes. ;) )
    I am loving the undercover attitude Damien is giving these guys. It's kinda sexy. :smirk: Though you know I much prefer nice Damien. :blush:
    Mack has some huge muscles! Too bad he's not as sexy as Damien. :p
    Elias messing with the two baddies made me chuckle. :lol: (Loved his pose on the couch later there. It added a nice touch to it all!)
    Ooooh that close up of Jamie's chest. Very nice! :love:
    “We just found each other. I don’t want anything to happen to you.”
    “I don’t want anything to happen to me either.” He laughs with his usual confidence and pulls her into his arms kissing her with all his love.
    ^I love it. :blush:
    Oooofffff course Bert is in charge here... :unamused: I never liked him. He always gave me the scu'mbag vibe. Which makes him perfect for this. :p
    The paneled walls are coated with green algae or mold. The air is stale and smells of years of grime and dust. Damien realizes now why the chief asked if his health was good and his shots up to date.
    ^Right!? :flushed: Goodness. I bet there's asbestos in there too...
    You did such a fabulous job making the hideout look grungy. :star: (I've always wondered what the inside of that place looked like. :smirk:;):p Now I do. :blush: )
    Mack's face in this picture! :lol: You did a superb job dressing these guys up!
    51543225837_9c2b23ddd9_o.jpg
    The observation area looks much nicer than the hideout. ;)
    Jamie's beanie! :lol:
    What is that thing behind Lee? :confused:
    *Gasp* Detective Abbott is asking Jamie and Lee if there is a ghost present with Damien? :worried: And hinting that he knows that the ghost is Damien's informant. This is not good... I wonder what they will tell him. (I imagine the truth, but then I wonder how that's going to go down).
    Didn't realize you were going to end this part right there, I thought I had more to read after dinner. ;)
    I need more very very soon! :mrgreen: When? ;)

<3

@emorrill Thanks so much for your comments :heart::smiley: I always love reading what you are thinking when you read the chapters and the pictures I post.
    I'm happy to hear you still love Damien even with his rougher side.
    Yes, I think Mack has been using 'roids'! :lol:

Elias was hilarious. It's like he knew exactly how to push their buttons. It's funny though, no one tried to flee or do that ''uh uh' animation when they see a ghost. It was almost like he was really invisible to them. He sat down between them but you know me, I didn't want all three with hands on their laps so I had to find a pose for him at least.

Yes, I'm using the sims that were assigned the criminal career by Hidden Springs and SP, as well as a few I made to add to the story. I let Bert stay as the leader. He is a level 9 but no one is 10 yet. All the game criminals were women, so I made a bunch of men. :grin:
    LOL, I'm not sure Mack liked his drink!

I think I have more fun making grungy places then I do 'pretty' places.
    Yeah, the observation area didn't need to be grungy, just small.
    Had to cover Jamie's flamin red hair with something. :grin:
    The thing behind Lee is a radio from a store set with 'Jetson' like futuristic stuff in it. I thought it would work as an amplifier or something like that since they are tracking Damien in the criminal building.

Sorry, I had to cut the chapter as I already had more pictures and it would have made the update way too long. :smiley: I try to keep the pictures less than 25 per chapter. I should have another chapter soon. Depends on work and babysitting.

Headquarters

Jamie and Lee exchange wry glances before looking back at the detective. Jamie shrugs his shoulders and acknowledges the question with his cheerful grin.
    “I suppose that's why you're a detective and the lead investigator on this case. You have a keen sense of observation and are able to make intelligent deductions. Yes, the key informants are ghosts, and several of them are involved in Damien's case. Only one accompanied Damien to the headquarters. This particular ghost was a former employee of the syndicate and should prove useful in keeping Damien safe and finding the evidence if it is there."
    51555118160_71e3bcd5dc_o.jpg

Detective Abbott sighs and rubs his temple. "I had a feeling something was going on. I need assurance that he will not cause any problems or disrupt our operation. I don't want vigilante justice from ghosts or my inside man compromised. This operation has been in place for several months and will be concluding soon. We have a few more vital pieces of proof to obtain before arresting them."
    "Hey, wait a minute, that's not going to happen! Damien laid all this out to the chief. He is aware of the ghosts that help Damien. I guess he didn't know you knew about ghosts. Not everyone believes. This ghost simply wants to help find proof of who ordered the deaths of the couple that died in the building fire. He can search this place easily compared to Damien. When he finds the files he will lead Damien to them. Damien will provide the proof to his clients and hopefully the police will provide the justice in the court system. Damien trusts him or he wouldn't be here.”
    "I used to live in Midnight Hollow so, yeah, I know what is out there. I guess I will have to just wait and see what happens. Let me show you the equipment you will be using."
    51555118120_872b1b742e_o.jpg

The detective demonstrates how to use the software programs that are tracking Damien and the criminals. "An alarm will sound if he clicks for help using his watch. The program monitors his vital signs as well and will also let us know if it detects any signs of stress from him."
    He explains the equipment that records conversations using devices placed by their undercover agent. “The devices record conversations in the various rooms, and we have technicians at the station monitoring the other rooms. We will monitor Damien and whichever room he is in. He can communicate with us at any time. Of course, he has to be careful if others are nearby and we cannot communicate back. The other technicians will alert us to any concerns they overhear.
    51544751849_2c4556f18d_o.jpg

“Two of us will monitor Damien at all times while the third rests. I will take the first watch with one of you.”
    Lee and Jamie play rock, paper, scissors to determine who monitors. Jamie wins and decides to monitor while Lee sleeps.
    51555118185_1bbb921439_o.jpg

Jamie takes a seat in front of the computer and opens his mind. He searches for Damien and easily senses him because of their close relationship. He keeps the connection between them open as he puts headphones on and turns on the computer. The technology will monitor Damien’s vital signs and conversation. He will notice any changes in Damien's energy immediately, probably before the techno stuff does.
    51544019246_f93599d307_o.jpg

Elias finds his way to the opulent and richly designed leader's office. Clearly, the boss feels a touch above his underlings in his comfortable art filled, and mold free office. The computer is password protected and Elias looks under the computer and in the desk drawer and does not find any possible password. He peers around the room trying to decide where to look next. The door to the room begins to open, and he shuts the lid of the computer with a quiet click.
    51544019416_ec1a908fdb_o.jpg

Bert Alto, leader of the local criminal organization strolls in the room, sits at his desk and opens the laptop. He slips a finger under his collar as the room feels a little warm and the air smells of smoke and fire. He makes a mental note to check the unit that filters his office from the rest of the building.
    Elias is in the perfect place to observe Bert input his password. He will have to find another opportunity to check the computer. He knows from his time in the syndicate a vault was off the leaders room. He recalls Bert was just a scrawny kid looking for trouble back in those days.
    Looking at the security system and heavy doors it appears as if they have improved on the multiple lock system they had in the past. He chuckles to himself. That won’t stop me, and he floats easily through the wall, leaving the scent of fire behind.
    51544751794_eba4ebdcc5_o.jpg
    51555401831_5e2309821c_o.jpg

The vault is overflowing with priceless gems, works of art, collectibles and rare nectar. Elias gazes about in admiration and wonders why the wealth is not shared as it was back in his day. It wasn't perfect by any means, but the leaders were not hoarders. The dazzling display amazes him considering how filthy the main rooms look. He finds a couple of chests and file cabinets in the back and he must figure out how to get Damien into this room.
    When he hears Bert leave the office, he sits down at the computer and logs in. He uses the thumb drive Damien gave him and downloads the files. He opens up the ones pertaining to the vault and finds a way to get Damien into the vault.
    51555640963_756809f481_o.jpg
    51555640923_7530a0156e_o.jpg

Other members of the syndicate arrive once their jobs are completed. Damien is introduced to Jewel Song, Eunice Partridge, Blake Grayson and Brent Hopkins.
    Mack suggests a hand or two of poker while waiting for the boss. They sit down at the tables and play until Bert texts for them to come to the meeting room.
    51544265078_bc0f41a847_o.jpg

Bert arrives with several boxes of pizza and places them on the counter.
    “Dig in, but listen while you eat.”
    51556127004_3d6b40b8a9_o.jpg

“I want to welcome Dominic (Damien's alias) to our little group. He is here temporarily from our brethren in Bridgeport. He will be able to assist us on a few of our upcoming jobs. His qualifications are excellent."
    "Eunice and Blake brought in an impressive haul tonight. Jewel and Brent had to abandon their job due to private security in place that we did not anticipate. I will adjust our plans accordingly as I want those goods."
    "Dave, I need you to use your computer skills to hack into their systems and determine exactly why we were not aware of the security ahead of time. I want your report as soon as possible. You are excused from any jobs for the time being because your hacking skills are more important. I also have a list of businesses I need you to evaluate security on as well as information on the owners.”
    "Yes sir." Dave responds, smirking a little since he knows exactly why and how that business had security in place since he was the one that notified the chief of the pending job. Dave also knows that the goods obtained by Eunice and Blake are counterfeit and hopes Bert does not discover that too soon. He knows they can't prevent every robbery as he does not always have advanced notice, but when he does the chief is able to tip the business to hire security or provide fake goods.
    51556326490_7fcdb38088_o.jpg
    51573623761_6cf46b1a3d_o.jpg
    51573623726_2b4976dd7d_o.jpg

“We will soon have enough funds to start some renovations to the building. Everyone must continue to work hard to bring in the goods. We still have to pay our bribes, and our stipends to the national and global syndicates.”
    “I will have your assignments for tomorrow by 8 pm. Be here before that so you can be ready to go once it is fully dark and the town is quiet."
    “Starting now, Mack and Dave, you will be staying on site for the next 48 hours. The rest of you are dismissed. Dominic let Mack or Dave know if you need anything. I may require your talents on a job next shift. As you know most of our jobs are done late at night so get some rest so you will be fresh. I’m still finalizing the details. If you want fresh air, Dave or Mack will accompany you otherwise you will be unable to get back in. If you are here longer than a few days and prove yourself as an asset, you will be printed.”
    51555401606_5c9ff8cecb_o.jpg
    51574548465_83f75c80f0_o.jpg

As the others prepare to leave, Damien signals Elias who just floated into the room to report once everyone disperses.
    51555401661_8f784cb410_o.jpg

Elias meets Damien in the shower room. Damien turns the shower on in case Mack comes in. The others have left for the night.
    “I logged into Bert's computer and copied the contents onto the thumb drive you gave me. I’ll drop it off at the safe house while you are asleep.”
    “There is a vault next to the leader's office. I can get you into the vault as well. A safety feature allows the vault to be opened from the inside, so no one will get trapped. Bert has lied to his minions about how much they are worth. The gems I saw in the vault are worth millions and that is not counting the paintings and other works of art. The nectar stored is probably worth a considerable sum as well. I never considered there was much loyalty in the syndicate even in my day. Keeping them living and working in that nasty set of rooms while his room is clean and the air is filtered is just not right!” Elias exclaims indignantly.
    "I've generally seen no loyalty in the criminal organizations I've investigated. Even the ones with family members are at each other's throats and need to watch their backs at all times. I need to look at his computer as well to find out about this job he wants me to help with so we can let the police know. I asked Dave but he didn't know about it. He said sometimes Bert keeps things to himself for private jobs but it should be in the computer."
    51554613342_aa8fd55bb5_o.jpg
    51554613377_a5c737d7ff_o.jpg
  • meerkattimemeerkattime Posts: 261 Member
    @bekkasan

Jamie's telepathic skills are amazing :star: . Damien should be in good hands! :blush:
    Glad there are three of them, so everybody gets some sleep sometimes.

Oh darn, of course the computer requires a password. Hopefully it IS written down somewhere :# . For example mine isn't.
    It's apparently not very easy for fire ghosts to hide. Fortunately people tend to look for a natural explanation to weird things like heat and smell of smoke first rather than suspect ghosts :p .
    Ok, Elias got his password! Great! :blush:

Lots of nectars, and looks like they have pretty paintings too stored in the vault! Being a criminal seems to pay well!

Yummy - pizza!! I had a wisdom tooth removed a bit less than a week ago and can't eat anything but liquids for a while. Now I have a terrible craving for all the things I can't have :D .

It definitely doesn't sound like there is much loyalty in the syndicate :s . I hope they'll manage to get them caught.
    I hope nobody heard Damien and Elias speaking in the shower room.

@meerkattime Thank you! :smiley: I appreciate your comments. :heart:
    Yes, Jamie's talents may be more useful than the tech.

I think its fun seeing the smoke puff off the fire ghosts so I imagine there might be a little smell in the air. :grin:
    Yes, apparently the criminals are doing quite well but not spending money on their hideout.

Ouch, I remember getting my wisdom's cut out. Not fun!! I hope it heals fast. :open_mouth:
    edited October 2021
    @bekkasan It was such a joy to read more of the story yesterday. :smiley:
    I'm still chuckling at Jamie's beanie. :lol:
    I'm really glad Detective Abbott didn't get too upset that Damien's informant is a ghost and that the said ghost is involved in the investigation. *Whew*
    "Hey, wait a minute, that's not going to happen!"
    ^I love Jamie's outspoken defense for his buddy here. <3
    Made me smile when Jamie and Lee played rock, paper, scissors to determine who would be on the first watch. :blush: So cute!
    The technology will monitor Damien’s vital signs and conversation. He will notice any changes in Damien's energy immediately, probably before the techno stuff does.
    ^I love that! :lol: Cause it's true. <3
    Gee the leader sure has a nice cozy office compared to the rest of the place... :unamused: I mean, it doesn't completely surprise me. Criminals are often greedy. Secretly thinking, "Every man for himself," even though they are helping each other steal, get rich, etc.
    He slips a finger under his collar as the room feels a little warm and the air smells of smoke and fire.
    ^Great visual description to illustrate Elias's ghostly presence. :star:
    Yes get the password Elias! 👍
    Wow...that's quite the stash behind the vault. I was mostly expecting a bunch of money. :lol: (I wonder if there's stacks of dollar bills cc out there. Hmm... ;) )
    The wealth not being distributed like it used to be, a sense of greed, sounds a whole lot like Bert Alto to me... :neutral: Scu'mbag!
    Good old Eunice Pertridge. :lol: I've always felt sorry for her ugliness.
    Sim pizza always looks so yummy to me. :yum: Makes me want pizza. Every time.
    "Yes sir." Dave responds, smirking a little since he knows exactly why and how that business had security in place since he was the one that notified the chief of the pending job. Dave also knows that the goods obtained by Eunice and Blake are counterfeit and hopes Bert does not discover that too soon. He knows they can't prevent every robbery as he does not always have advanced notice, but when he does the chief is able to tip the business to hire security or provide fake goods.
    ^Ha ha! Very nice! :mrgreen:
    Mack's cute smiley face. :blush: (He's Mack right? With the large muscles? ;) )
    I wonder if Damien will be around long enough to prove himself and gain full access, or will he get everything he needs from Elias and bail? I look forward to finding out. :)
    "Keeping them living and working in that nasty set of rooms while his room is clean and the air is filtered is just not right!” Elias exclaims indignantly.
    ^Indeed Elias. :star: But yeah, Damien is right as to how nasty some of these criminal organizations can be... :(
    Man...I need more soon S! :grin: That was quite intense and it's gonna get more intense! I can feel it. :mrgreen: Awesome update! :star:

More soon?
    giphy.gif

@emorrill Thanks so much for your comments! :heart:
    I think Jamie looks cute in his dark commando type stuff. :grin: I couldn't resist changing outfits and his flaming red hair is a dead giveaway in the dark if they have to go near the headquarters.
    Yes, Jamie is so in tune with Damien he will notice problems first.

Lol, I loved making Bert's office so rich in comparison to the rest of the hideout.
    Poor Eunice needs a good makeover but I just left her alone. :lol:
    Yes, Mack is the muscle man! :love:

I'm happy you enjoyed it. I've got a very busy weekend ahead so not sure if I will get much writing or playing done. :cry: I should be doing an internet class now but am baking for a party tomorrow afternoon. Priorities! I slept late! :open_mouth:
  • Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,200 Member
    @bekkasan

I have enjoyed both updates!
    The grungy hideout looks great did you build it?
    The group seems to know what they are doing.
    Damien is still handsome <3 .

Nice to see Bekka and Jamie still getting along great too

@Silverofdreams30 Hey! Did I tell you I love your new avatar. :heart: Such a sweet picture of Gwen and Parker.
    Thanks for reading and commenting. :smiley: I really appreciate it.
    Thank you! I built a basement under the criminal hideout in Hidden Springs as the headquarters. I didn't want a separate building and I do like the exterior of that criminal building. It is so dilapidated.
    I quite liked the new look on him. It's fun seeing him not quite so formal.
    @bekkasan

thank you,
    I like that screenshot too.
  • CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    Am not here to say hi to Bekkasan nope not here for that at all

:#

:s

Now that my lie is complete will see myself out

kaeXG1R.gif

I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif

Sorry for the long time between updates. Life happens. It's had its ups (my adorable grandson :heart: ) and it's downs ( too many to mention but hopefully all better now. :anguished: ) I'm hoping things are going to settle down but of course, Christmas is right around the corner. :grin: Here's a little sneak peek picture of our missing Mary. I hope to have an update sooner rather than later.

51705651565_924f90e28b_o.jpg

Howdy Craven! I saw you sneak in here and strut around! :grin: I do hope you are enjoying the story.
    edited January 2022
    The Vault

Later that night, everything is quiet except for the snoring coming from Mack's bunk. Elias rouses Damien for the trip to the vault. Damien grabs his clothes and dresses in the hallway, then silently follows Elias as he leads the way to the office.
    51562951420_3875eedd90_o.jpg

Damien looks around the opulent office and agrees with Elias' assessment of how rotten the boss is. He inspects the two crystal skulls on display behind the desk while Elias enters the vault. One is a flawless diamond, while the other is cut from a unique vampire eye crystal. Amazingly rare indeed. Searching the desk yields nothing exciting except an extensive collection of 🐸🐸🐸🐸 magazines in the bottom drawer. He rubs his tired face and mutters, "It figures, I hope we find something that will help us in the vault."
    51824003691_be37b75bd4_o.jpg
    51824344224_7b51721868_o.jpg

Elias disables the alarm using the code and passes into the vault opening the door for Damien from the inside bypassing the need for the hand print. Damien has been involved in several stolen item recovery operations, but the wealth of items in the room amazes him. Two more rare crystal skulls sit in front of a painting thought to be lost many years ago from a museum in Isla Paradiso. He takes out his camera and snaps pictures of the stolen objects adorning the shelves, walls and inside the trunks. An entire collection of extremely rare egg crystals is on display in the back of the room. Damien is aware the reward on that one collection would provide the finder with financial security for the rest of their life.
    51561236637_01fbb9f253_o.jpg
    51562270488_d8e81419ab_o.jpg

He goes through the file cabinets that are surprisingly well organized. Everything in the files are dated within the last two years. Not helpful at all.
    51562951175_f753dce59d_o.jpg

He manages to hack the safe and finds a few folders as well as bundles of cash. The notes relate to current jobs the boss is considering. He takes pictures and sends everything to Detective Abbott’s phone. He deletes them from his phone after sending. He has a feeling the safe cracking job is the one the boss wants him to work. Part of his cover story is that he is an expert safe cracker. Damien is in fact extremely adept at safe cracking having learned when going undercover with the police force.
    51562715809_81f1bcf9a4_o.jpg

Looking over at Elias, who is poking through the racks of nectar, he whispers, “There must be another area where they have old files stored. You need to get some rest and search the rest of the building before the others arrive this evening. Also, no more teasing Mack or the others. Detective Abbott sent a message expressing concern about Mack sensing you. Jamie said some humans can sense ghosts even when you are invisible. So try to keep your distance from them.“
    Elias nods, shrugs and remarks, “He is spoiling all my fun! But, I don’t want to mess things up for you. I will keep my distance.”
    51824344199_052d3762be_o.jpg

Damien slips back into the bunk room quietly. He looks over at Mack and Dave and they are sound asleep. He strips and crawls into the bunk. Feeling wired from the adrenaline rush from the vault search, he uses meditation techniques and soon falls asleep.
    51824110858_42ec6150c9_o.jpg

Detective Abbott, Jamie and Lee enjoy cinnamon muffins for breakfast while discussing the night's activity and information they received from Elias and Damien. The chief dropped by to pick up the drive and brought the muffins.
    The drive Elias dropped off provided considerable information the police can use to set up surveillance and get further evidence of the criminal activity. The photos in the vault will provide excellent corroboration of the past activities and further seal the criminals fate.
    51562269908_59bb97e16e_o.jpg

Jamie finishes his meal and goes to lie down as his shift is over. Detective Abbott and Lee will monitor Damien for the next few hours. The chief will return to relieve the Detective after he turns the thumb drive over to the analysts at headquarters.
    51824654469_3d83ef999a_o.jpg
    51562950255_6e02449e15_o.jpg

Unable to sleep, Bekka and Layla are up early. Layla goes straight to Mary’s lab to work on a project. She modifies the science station in order to clone an object. Bekka works on a design in her makeshift studio.
    51824085436_5ecea13491_o.jpg
    51824804900_2305253c3a_o.jpg
    51824085401_b9c6faf5c9_o.jpg

After completing her project Bekka changes and goes to the kitchen and prepares pancakes. Layla completes her project and follows the scent of blueberries to the kitchen.
    51562950775_72377c3a89_o.jpg

After cleaning up the meal, Layla shows Bekka what she had been working on. Using her considerable talents, she cloned the wrist device that Lee was given by the police. “I made a copy of it before Lee left and worked on perfecting it this morning. I think I did a pretty good job with it. It not only monitors Damien, but also monitors Lee and Jamie. I made two, one for both of us.” She grins happily at Bekka.
    “You are devious and brilliant Layla. Thank you.” she says as she hugs her neck.

"I know they are all well trained and very skilled at what they do. It is the not knowing that has been keeping me awake."
    Layla nods her head. "Same with me. It looks like Jamie is resting now and Lee is with the Detective. Perhaps you should lie down for a while and I promise I will wake you if anything happens. We can take shifts just as they are doing."
    Bekka nods and hugs Layla again and goes upstairs for a nap.
    51561235952_6278e99d56_o.jpg
    51562950590_08386c3d55_o.jpg

Post edited by bekkasan on
    edited January 2022
    @bekkasan Woo hoo! More of Mary's story! :smiley: I'm so excited!
    ( 🎵 I just can't hide it! 🎵 Lol! You know me. ;) )
    Always nice to see Damien again. :love: Even in his undercover look. :p
    Crystal skulls? That's fitting. :) Are those cc or actual in game items? Remember I'm a Supernatural EP newbie. :p
    Searching the desk yields nothing exciting except an extensive collection of 🐸🐸🐸🐸 magazines in the bottom drawer. He rubs his tired face and mutters, "It figures...
    ^HA HA! This cracked me up! :joy:
    Geez if Bert wasn't a sleazebag already... :unamused: Gross! :grimace:
    Can I have that crystal collection please? :mrgreen:
    Yay for Damien's safe cracking skills. :star:<3
    Elias nods, shrugs and remarks, “He is spoiling all my fun! But, I don’t want to mess things up for you. I will keep my distance.”
    ^Aww, poor Elias. :lol: You could tell he was having a lot of fun messing with Mack. Probably the most fun he's had in a long time. But of course he will do whatever he needs to to protect Damien and put these badguys behind bars!
    Damien slips back into the bunk room quietly. He looks over at Mack and Dave and they are sound asleep. He strips and crawls into the bunk.
    ^Umm, why are we not seeing this? :smirk: j/k ;):kissing_heart:
    Cinnamon muffins. Yum. :yum:
    Yes! The chief has the thumb drive with the photos! They are making progress! :star: (I still worry about what drama you might have up your sleeve... ;) )
    Jamie shirtless again. :love: Lovely sight to see.
    Now what is Layla working on? She's got mischievousness written all over her face. ;)
    What kind of tattoo is on Bekka's leg there?
    Right on cloning the wrist device Layla! :smiley: Boo ya! :star: I know I'd be worried too being out of the know! (Been there when J was in Iraq...I would've given anything for a peek into what was going on over there. :worried: Anyway!)
    Love Bekka's kitty cat shirt. :blush: And it's cute to see her and Layla bonding.
    That was a very enjoyable read! Loved it! <3 I can't wait for more. :mrgreen:
    @bekkasan

woohoo, more of this story yay!
    I really enjoyed reading it. Layla and Bekka are really good friends,
    I know Bekka misses her man but he knows what he's doing :).

Damien and Jamie are always handsome <3

@emorrill I'm happy my posting this update made you happy and that you enjoyed it! :smiley: I always love hearing what you think about the update. :heart:
    The skulls are not cc. You make them by collecting rocks, making gems and using the largest display case to transform. It is a time consuming project but a fun one to do the first time. :grin: There is probably a thread or vid somewhere that details exactly how to do it. I have a ''gem collection" lot that helps me with stories since it takes awhile. If you need one right now for a story it is way easier to pop the lot in and collect the ones you need. :grin:
    hehe, I just picture Bert as very sleazy.
    oh duh, I should have had Damien strip for the picture. But I did have Jamie change. :love:
    The tattoo on Bekka's leg is part of a Lord of the Ring accessory tattoo. It is a gate. She has the tree of life on her back and another on her wrist that is all part of the one accessory. If I continue the story in the future her tattoo's will play a significant part.
    That is the kitty shirt you linked me. :smiley:

@silverofdreams30 Thanks! I'm glad to see you found it and enjoyed reading it.
    I appreciate the comments! :heart:
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    It's the little things like the designs on the plates on the wall and the ingenious cloning and tweaking of a watch that keep your readers tuning in. So glad things have settled down enough for you to get some simming time.

@ciane Thanks so much for your comment. I'm happy to know you are still following after my absence and that you like the little things I add. That means so much! :heart:

Naps

Bekka woke up from her nap feeling refreshed after her interrupted night. She checks her new device and it seems quiet. She hurries downstairs and Layla is sitting with Sari in her lap. “Have you heard anything?'' she asked.
    “No, it has been uneventful and actually kind of boring. Apparently criminal types sleep most of the day and carry out their dastardly deeds at night.”
    "At least we know the guys are doing ok right now."
    Layla yawns and stretches dislodging Sari from her lap. Sari turns and meows loudly and races out of the room. “Oh dear, I guess I upset that kitty.”
    “Sari is a bit of a diva, but will wrap herself around your feet later today demanding attention. Why don’t you take a nap, and I’ll listen and wake you if anything happens.”
    “I think I will do that. I am tired.”
    51826719493_d26671b831_o.jpg
    51826954114_68828139d4_o.jpg

Bekka checks on the other animals in the house before settling in her studio. All the fur babies and feathered friends get love, attention and food.
    51825665272_b221ea54ac_o.jpg
    51827338125_954275547e_o.jpg

Chief Gerard arrives bringing more food for the surveillance team. Pizza!
    “We have to keep our energy levels up. I brought some fruit for later as well. We can’t eat pizza all the time.” He laughs heartily, slapping Detective Abbott’s arm and clasping Lee’s hand welcoming him to the team. “I’m guessing the missing Mr. McNeil is off shift sleeping?”
    “Yes sir”, replies Detective Abbott
    “Sit down, grab a slice and I will update you on the information that Damien and the ghost provided. It was quite helpful to the overall investigation. They have been able to get into places that our Dave cannot.”
    51826954074_0f9a575efe_o.jpg

“First, we are looking at three potential sites. Damien seemed confident he would be asked to open the vault. That one is a priority with the crew. I tend to agree with him since he is an alleged expert in cracking safes. The team is in contact with the owner of the business. We will, of course, substitute the loot in the safe. It will be similar to what they expect to find. I have assigned secondary crews to the other sites. They may also be targeted, if not tonight than in the next few weeks. It is good to be able to plan ahead of time."
    "Second, I have a team reviewing the images from the vault. My art expert recognized the egg collection and it was actually stolen more than 30 years ago. I find it interesting that it remains in the criminal vault to this day. It seems the criminal bosses are collectors. This information will seal the fate of the criminals once we complete the investigation and file charges.
    Detective, after you finish eating I want you to rest for a few hours. I need all four of us rested and ready to monitor Damien and the criminals this evening."
    51826610926_099c489c57_o.jpg

Tossing and turning in the extremely uncomfortable bunk, Damien gives up on the idea for more sleep and gets up for the day. Through the thin walls he can hear noises coming from the kitchen. And, he smells coffee brewing. That gets him out of bed. Dressing quickly he enters the kitchen and grabs a cup and sits down just as Mack comes in and takes a cup as well. Dave offers them a breakfast calzone and both accept. Dave loves the wood fire oven that one of the burglars stole recently. He plans to buy one for his apartment if he ever gets out of undercover duty.
    51562715449_3c9f9ebcc2_o.jpg

Mack sits down in the boss’s chair and Dave turns to him in surprise. “You better not let the boss catch you sitting in his seat. You remember what happened to Brent. I didn’t think we’d ever get that arm popped back in his shoulder joint.”
    “He’s never in this early so I’m not worried,” Mack replied tersely. “Besides, I don't think the boss is strong enough to jerk my arm that hard.” Dave looks over at Mack’s muscles and silently agrees. They finish their breakfast and Mack and Damien play pool while they wait for the others to arrive.
    51562950840_aff6ca4fc4_o.jpg
    51837838186_3f4196e234_o.jpg

Dave gets to work on the computer, knowing that the boss will be expecting a report on the bungled job's private security. He creates a phony but believable report to appease Bert. The security is actually police officers safeguarding targeted homes or businesses. They try to limit what criminals can get away with when they know the locations targeted.
    51837948143_fd68efda7f_o.jpg

Dave studies the map noting the jobs for tonight are scattered across town. The boss knows better than to have several in one area. He glances down at the old computer sitting on the nearby desk. He curls his nose in disgust at the dust and cobwebs covering the desk and computer. He brushes away most of the webs and curious, sits down and attempts to boot it up. After some finagling, he eventually brings it back to life. Digging through the files he realizes this computer was used years ago by one of the previous bosses. He finds some interesting information from the past. He makes copies of the files for the chief and will need to find an opportunity to talk with Damien.
    51838194419_4629c03b8d_o.jpg
    51837948113_bba532f892_o.jpg

When Dave walks into the lounge he notices Damien and Mack have finished their game of pool. “Man, I need to get outside. I’m going up top for a while. Either of you want to come?”
    Mack shakes his head no. and flexes his muscles. “I think I’ll hit the gym instead.”
    Damien nods in agreement.“I could use some fresh air. I’ll come with you.”
    51843170582_5e54b7743e_o.jpg

Dave leads Damien outside the headquarters. As they step outside, they both take deep breaths, enjoying the fresh air after the musty and stale scent of mildew in the air below.
    Dave discloses what he found on the old computer. "I copied the files; could you please have the ghost deliver them to the Chief?"
    Damien is startled and Dave laughs at him. "Of course I can see the ghost. I've had a hard time keeping a straight face watching him tease the others. I'm a hybrid genie/witch, which is one of the reasons the Chief chose me for this particular operation."
    Damien recovers from his amazement at Dave's admission. "Up until my arrival in Hidden Springs I had no idea such things existed. Thank you for the information. It should help Elias find the old files and I will have him deliver the disk.
    51844842610_ae5b364ef9_o.jpg

Exhausted, Layla quickly falls asleep. It is not a restful sleep. Strange dreams begin to interfere with her sleep. She tosses and turns as she tries to escape them. She cannot escape though. She tries to run and yet goes nowhere. She cannot break free.
    51828109526_cb306ac2e5_o.jpg
    51844360913_fb0d345911_o.jpg

@bekkasan YAY! 👏 I was very happy to see a new story post from you tonight! :mrgreen:
    Makes sense for criminals to commit their crimes at night, and Bekka's right, it's good that the guys are ok. <3
    Seems Sari really liked Layla's warm lap. :blush:
    Bekka's back tattoo is peeking out. :lol: What is it? My first thought was the Eiffel tower. :p
    I could go for some pizza Chief! :yum:
    I almost forgot Mr. McNeil is Jamie! :lol: My brain lately...
    Wow those eggs were stolen 30 years ago? :open_mouth: So it's more than high time these guys got busted!
    Tossing and turning in the extremely uncomfortable bunk, Damien gives up on the idea for more sleep and gets up for the day. Through the thin walls he can hear noises coming from the kitchen. And, he smells coffee brewing. That gets him out of bed.
    ^ 🎵 The best part of wakin' up... 🎵 Sorry! Couldn't help it playing in my mind when reading that. :lol:
    How nice of Dave to make them breakfast calzones! :yum:
    Hello Mack's muscles again. :love:
    "Tersely" that's another new word I've learned. ;)
    “Besides, I don't think the boss is strong enough to jerk my arm that hard.”
    ^I'd like to jerk his arm. :smirk::p:lol:
    That doesn't look like an old computer to me. :lol: (I say thinking back on those 80's Apple computers. :p ) I like the stacks of CDs and cases clutter around it. :)
    Man I could almost feel the relief of breathing in some fresh air just like Dave and Damien did going outside.
    Ohhhh, so Dave is a genie/witch hybrid. Very cool. :) It was cute how confused Damien was that Dave knew about Elias. :lol:<3
    Oh no...what's going on in Layla's dream?? :flushed:
    And of course that's where you end it. ;):p I need more very very soon! :mrgreen: Just from what we've talked about I'm super anxious to know what's going to happen! :smiley:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top