Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Incheon Arrivals and Fashion Street Kits Discussion

Comments

• Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,467 Member
    Do we know what the 3rd and 4th kits are yet?
  • Options
    bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 552 Member
    These are probably Day 1 purchases for me solely for the reason they are about equal on male and female CAS assets, which is a rarity. I want to support that. (It helps that I can see me using the FS on my San Myshuno sims, and the IA on a variety of sims.)

If anyone involved in the asset distribution for these packs happens to read these forums, a big thumbs up from me.
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    I'm looking forward to both kits. I agree with @catloverplayer I'd love more sleepwear for my sims.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    anonymouslol123anonymouslol123 Posts: 2 New Member
    Hello! I am South Asian and I am literally so. freaking. EXCITED about the Fashion Street Kit! I also love how we are getting henna tattoos and nose piercings! These features are gonna definitely make me buy the Fashion Street kit, as it comes with some beautiful accessories and saris and skirts and panchas… all of it is literally so beautiful, I am going to start CRYING. For the Incheon Arrivals Kit, the stuff in it looks so NICE! However, I don’t think I will buy this one because it doesn’t appeal to me as much as the Fashion Street Kit. Also we have this style in packs like Discover University and Snowy Escape. However, that’s not saying much because the items [i]would make[/i] me buy it, but I will not buy it. The items in both kits are beautiful as always, but I wish they would have around 40 items as 5 dollars for 26 or 22 items is quite a lot of the price, but it is fine :smile: Overall, I cannot wait for these kits to release, as these are some of my favorite kits to release so far, alongside the Industrial Loft Kit and Bust the Dust Kit!
  • Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
  • Options
    sinnyoncesinnyonce Posts: 88 Member
    As a Korean, this kit is a disgrace to K-fashion. My boyfriend (also Korean, not a Simmer) commented that the style they're aiming for seems more Japanese than Korean. While neutral tones and beige colors have been a steady trend here, I just don't understand why they would pick this bland style of fashion to represent K-fashion. I do acknowledge that they there will be players who appreciate what Incheon Arrivals offers as it seems perfect for everyday wear. If they had released it under a different concept, I probably wouldn't scrutinize it this harshly. But to me, it just seems like they wanted to jump on the hype train of K-pop and K-dramas and I don't appreciate the half-baked effort.
  • Options
    favrielfavriel Posts: 72 Member
    sinnyonce wrote: »
    As a Korean, this kit is a disgrace to K-fashion. My boyfriend (also Korean, not a Simmer) commented that the style they're aiming for seems more Japanese than Korean. While neutral tones and beige colors have been a steady trend here, I just don't understand why they would pick this bland style of fashion to represent K-fashion. I do acknowledge that they there will be players who appreciate what Incheon Arrivals offers as it seems perfect for everyday wear. If they had released it under a different concept, I probably wouldn't scrutinize it this harshly. But to me, it just seems like they wanted to jump on the hype train of K-pop and K-dramas and I don't appreciate the half-baked effort.
    The idea to focus on airport fashion came from Jazzy Cho, not the sims team. Or at least that was my impression from the kit blog post
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    favriel wrote: »
    The idea to focus on airport fashion came from Jazzy Cho, not the sims team. Or at least that was my impression from the kit blog post

This was my impression as well. Granted, they both stuck their names on it. Anyway, I think it would be a lot easier to criticize them in this respect if they hadn't worked with real people, which may be why they did it.
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member

1. This is specifically Airport Fashion, not K-fashion. (I am not Korean, but when I specifically google "Airport Fashion" I get basically IRL versions of those clothes. Incidentally when I google K-fashion I get only marginally more "colorful" examples.)
    2. In case anyone upstream thought the talk about the devs not being able to put out fashion kits because people would yell at them for cultural insensitivity? Yeah... case proven, I think.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    I hope the Incheon fashion kit has more colourful swatches included. Personally, I don't know why they choose this type of fashion, people usually dress in comfortable, warm clothes on long haul flights, and we already have such clothes in-game. And airport fashion without airports is meh. Hope we get get Incheon itself or maybe Changi airport in game one day. Preferably set up as worlds so we could add shops, restaurants, etc.
  • Options
    haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    edited October 2021

1. This is specifically Airport Fashion, not K-fashion. (I am not Korean, but when I specifically google "Airport Fashion" I get basically IRL versions of those clothes. Incidentally when I google K-fashion I get only marginally more "colorful" examples.)
    2. In case anyone upstream thought the talk about the devs not being able to put out fashion kits because people would yell at them for cultural insensitivity? Yeah... case proven, I think.

I think so too. A lot of Koreans play this game, so I think they also just wanted to add some regular Korean-inspired clothes that sims can wear everyday while looking normal. The kit looks fine to me. It has comfortable clothes and some hanbok/traditional Korean clothing elements. It's definitely more Korean than Japanese, but it does have similar vibes to some of the clothing that came with Snowy Escape. People seem decently excited about it online in Korean from what I can tell, but Youtube comments, Twitch and other stuff don't speak for everyone so idk. I'll probably get it.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    I like the fact that these kits are both in contrast to one another:

The South Asian kit offers traditional inspired clothing with these gorgeous, vibrant patterns and colors whereas the Korean airport kit is the total opposite of that, with a more modern aesthetic and muted tones.

I mean I don’t really wear any of that stuff myself (I wear kilts ‘n….bear cloaks 😜) however I could use all of it in my plethora of saves.

I hope this doesn’t sound offensive to anyone either, but the Moroccan, Mumbai kit and every other content similar to such ornate designs seem very foreign to me like an exotic, fairytale dream. I love using all of that in my fantasy saves.

In my game I’m not too interested in playing with RL cultures and so I’d rather make up my own, but the culture inspired CAS kits is something I would definitely like to see more of just so that I can expand upon my fantasy world content. Pretty much every woman wearing a sari or other ornate dress looks like and enchantress to me. I apologize if that’s a very inappropriate thing to say.
    I don’t really know what to say anymore these days so perhaps I should take Ronan Keating’s advice and believe him when he says that I say best when I say nothing at all. 🤔

The airport kit on the other hand would totally suit my “normal” Sims in my “normal” saves.
    I don’t know and I already mentioned it elsewhere, but I just wish those long coats aren’t always part of full body outfits. I’d prefer choosing me own trousers.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    edited October 2021

The South Asian kit offers traditional inspired clothing with these gorgeous, vibrant patterns and colors whereas the Korean airport kit is the total opposite of that, with a more modern aesthetic and muted tones.

I mean I don’t really wear any of that stuff myself (I wear kilts ‘n….bear cloaks 😜) however I could use all of it in my plethora of saves.

I hope this doesn’t sound offensive to anyone either, but the Moroccan, Mumbai kit and every other content similar to such ornate designs seem very foreign to me like an exotic, fairytale dream. I love using all of that in my fantasy saves.

In my game I’m not too interested in playing with RL cultures and so I’d rather make up my own, but the culture inspired CAS kits is something I would definitely like to see more of just so that I can expand upon my fantasy world content. Pretty much every woman wearing a sari or other ornate dress looks like and enchantress to me. I apologize if that’s a very inappropriate thing to say.
    I don’t really know what to say anymore these days so perhaps I should take Ronan Keating’s advice and believe him when he says that I say best when I say nothing at all. 🤔

The airport kit on the other hand would totally suit my “normal” Sims in my “normal” saves.
    I don’t know and I already mentioned it elsewhere, but I just wish those long coats aren’t always part of full body outfits. I’d prefer choosing me own trousers.

I don't think any woman would mind being called an enchantress. unless there mrs crumplebottom. @CAPTAIN_NXR7
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,869 Member
    I just love the Incheon Arrivals fashions. The Fashion Street Kit, while lovely, isn't something I'd normally use for my played sims so I've decided to have one of my sims purchase an Indian restaurant and she and the wait staff will wear the Fashion Street clothing.
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member

I pretty much do the same. Such as Henford on Bagley is home to my My Little Pony Equestria Girls. It's perfect for them. The flashy shiny, "different" CAS clothing are used on my Aliens. I can go on and on. :)

Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,144 Member
    I rather have more comfy clothes than the next ripped skinny Jeans. Indeed I hate skinny Jeans so much, I see them as the modern century plague. After they became en vogue years ago, I've stopped buying Jeans because that style didn't suit me, even as an underweight woman then, and nothing else was offered anymore. If the Korean bring the comfy clothes back to the world fashion, they will have my deeply gratitude.
  • Options
    EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    Are these kits out today?
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,467 Member
    EdithV wrote: »

Tomorrow, I think.
  • Options
    EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member

Tomorrow, I think.

Thanks so much 😊 does anyone know is it just these two coming out and the other two will be later?
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    For me they just give me an illusion of what I can't do in the game So for me being an kit I will not indulge.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member

Tomorrow, I think.

Thanks so much 😊 does anyone know is it just these two coming out and the other two will be later?

Yeah, the other two haven't officially been revealed yet. Just had their themes hinted at.
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    edited October 2021
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    For me they just give me an illusion of what I can't do in the game So for me being an kit I will not indulge.

Same. I'd rather they just release an Indian or Korean inspired world Kit rather than a CAS Kit. I'd even spend more money for a World Kit.
  • Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    bixters wrote: »
    Goldmoldar wrote: »

Same. I'd rather they just release an Indian or Korean inspired world Kit rather than a CAS Kit. I'd even spend more money for a World Kit.

A world kit would definitely cost a lot more than 5 dollars that's why I don't think they would do worlds in kits but maybe they would sometime in the future
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    I hope the Incheon fashion kit has more colourful swatches included. Personally, I don't know why they choose this type of fashion, people usually dress in comfortable, warm clothes on long haul flights, and we already have such clothes in-game. And airport fashion without airports is meh. Hope we get get Incheon itself or maybe Changi airport in game one day. Preferably set up as worlds so we could add shops, restaurants, etc.

I think by "airport fashion" they're going with clothes you might wear while traveling when you might not have a chance to go to your hotel to freshen up at the destination. Maybe you're traveling on business and are going to be met at the airport to go straight to the office for a meeting with some high-powered head honchos. I think in the blog they mentioned how some entertainers would dress like this when coming back off tour.

As for the Fashion Street, I think Zoe Patel and several San Myshuno denizens will be getting makeovers tomorrow. B)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    edited October 2021
    crocobaura wrote: »

I think by "airport fashion" they're going with clothes you might wear while traveling when you might not have a chance to go to your hotel to freshen up at the destination. Maybe you're traveling on business and are going to be met at the airport to go straight to the office for a meeting with some high-powered head honchos. I think in the blog they mentioned how some entertainers would dress like this when coming back off tour.

As for the Fashion Street, I think Zoe Patel and several San Myshuno denizens will be getting makeovers tomorrow. B)

The thing is that you can always tell if people are going away on business or pleasure. If you are going away on business you wear a smart looking suit, if going for pleasure most people wear jeans and a t-shirt or sweater, other wear this Incheon beige wear that is neither business nor lounge wear. People who are going straight to the office after disembarking, just store their suit neatly in the overhead compartment to avoid getting it crumpled. I have known people who actually change into comfy clothes during the flight and then change back before landing. Anyway, in my opinion airport fashion is a mix of fashions because people come from all over the world, but this kit is specifically for Incheon airport, they probably all dress the same when they arrive there.