Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Sims and Friends: Share Your Stories!!

Comments

• rosenero10rosenero10 Posts: 536 Member
    @SilverDaybreak Wow! your thread is now 815 pages long. Though this is the first time I have ever seen it.

I'm guessing a lot of people just advertise their stories here rather than chat and banter about stuff related to the thread topic.
    But I'll say that I and a few dear international friends write illustrated stories on our timelines in Facebook. We all have profiles specifically setup for The Sims gaming so we personally don't have any issues with privacy or real-life people seeing The Sims related stuff in their News Feeds.

We enjoy writing and illustrating this way and we all write fictional, plot-driven stories rather than game-driven stories based on game-play or challenges etc.

We all like Custom Content too and most of us create content in the game. one of us is even a TSR Featured Artist! :lol:

But the important thing is that we enjoy supporting one another in a very small, tight community by avidly reading and following one another's stories and allowing our Sim-self / Signature Sims to be a part of one anothers fictional stories.

I don't know how people truly follow one another in a Simlit way through blogs. I did look into Wordpress, but found it all too hard and it was lacking the ability that Facebook has to allow liking and commenting on a picture-by-picture basis.

But I will put a gold star (EA Forum bookmark) on this thread and try and follow what's going on here.

I wonder if anyone else out there publishes on Facebook using Photo Albums :D

In the mean time, here is a picture of one of my story characters....

124905674_10224063368353576_1033067602470201932_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=QELTw9QfESEAX-RgJpg&_nc_ht=scontent.fbne6-1.fna&oh=4714028b6fd727aa9a748ede5eca4b24&oe=60F24F99
  • SilverDaybreakSilverDaybreak Posts: 2,080 Member
    edited July 2021
    Good Afternoon Everyone,

Welcome to the thread @rosenero10 and hope you enjoy your time here. I created this thread back in 2012 when my good Simming friend, @wickichick decided to retire her thread 'What's Happening in Your Sim Stories' where I was introduced to legacy writing. This is basically a continuation of that thread to be a place where Simmers who play any version of the game can come together to share things about their games or to just chat. Over time Simmers have come and gone for various reasons which for myself was health issues related to work and other personal things that I had to take a break from the thread in 2016 when taking an 18 month hiatus to get my health back. Since no one was willing to carry it on in a new thread, I agreed to keep it going and other Simmers like @RipuAncestor and others have kept it going. When starting to play again after that starting with Sims 3 and then 4, I decided to just play for fun and not be involved as much with the forums although I do stop by every now and then. If fact it's probably been a couple of years since posting in here during which time I was focusing (especially the last 6 months) on getting my type 2 Diabetes under control after my sugars went through the roof before Christmas. Thankfully they are back to normal range now but still have to be careful.

As for keeping blogs, many in this thread do and from time to time it seemed that those who didn't were looked down upon but that was not the purpose of this thread. It doesn't matter if you keep a blog for Simming or share the photos here (although I think there's a rule about spamming too many photos) or if you create a forum thread for your Sim updates. I created separate Facebook page for my Sim updates after writing the stories became too much for me where I would post photo/commentary style updates of game play. I have long forgotten the password of that page so am not able to reactivate it and I don't want to get a new email address to use. Am thinking of doing updates on my Sims again using Wordpress but instead of story form, will do it photo commentary style with intros and background into to bring the reader up to the current updates as all of my game saves are now well into several Sim weeks except for one.

Here's a list of links to my Sim pages beginning with my current one which has links to the others. I now use SilverJanSims for my current Simmings days instead of SilverDaybreak.

https://silverdayjan.wordpress.com/

https://silverdaybreak.wordpress.com/

This one has my old Sims 3 legacy stories.

https://silverscampfirestories.wordpress.com/

The only WordPress link that I can access from my old Sims 4 stories.

https://silverjanscreations.blogspot.com/

Hope you're having a great day and fun with your Sims.

Post edited by SilverDaybreak on
    Hello again,

Here is the link to the first post on my new Word Press page.

https://silverdayjan.wordpress.com/2021/07/13/silver-sunsets-ch-1/
  • RipuAncestorRipuAncestor Posts: 2,332 Member
    Hi @SilverDaybreak ! Welcome back! I'm glad your health is better now.
    doublebannerpic.jpg?w=676
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
    Hi! Been a while again, but here's the next Chrysanthemum Tango -chapter.

Chapter 60: Lost and Found
    rDRFPVp.jpg

Amelia does something bravely stupid. People meet at an old, faded memory of countryside. Tad is surprisingly adept at feelings.

I hope everyone's okay and staying safe!
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
    Hello! Here's the next chapter to Forget-Me-Not!

Chapter 51: Snowflake Day
    9HaVU5z.jpg

The Eldridge family has one of those awkward Snowflake Days.

Stay safe everyone!
    My Sims stories:
  • yoursharona34yoursharona34 Posts: 3,201 Member
    Good to see there is still some Sims 3 stories happening!
  • MrsOogieBoogieMrsOogieBoogie Posts: 844 Member
    @SilverDaybreak @RipuAncestor wow, haven't seen you guys in years!!! glad to see you all back <3

@rosenero10 it used to be (about 5-6+ years ago) that people would chat back and forth a lot and talk about their stories rather than just post an update and run (the good old days lol). Kinda sad to see this TS3 thread being completely taken over by TS4 players and people posting and running, but, it's whatever now I guess lol

I've been trying to get back into my TS3 story TIDL (The Insane Dubois Legacy) for years now, and just recently posted a new chapter (about 2-3 months ago). I took a 5 year hiatus, but I still haven't given up on it! My fire for it kind of burnt out when Wordpress started charging outrageous prices to keep it going and get more space, so I've moved the entire story over to Blogger to keep everything together and not have to make two separate Wordpress blogs just to keep it on that platform. It was a lot of work, but I'm glad it's all finally on a platform where I can keep it all together in one place, and it's free lol And of course, anyone feel free to read, comment and follow my TIDL story on Blogger, it would be very appreciated!

I'd really love it if more TS3 people would still post in here and write stories, but it seems that a lot of people that used to write TS3 stories have since stopped and abandoned their blogs, and it's sad to see, although understandable considering the state of the world the past two years, or just their own lives in general taking away their time to write. I thought maybe during the pandemic, people would have more time on their hands and start writing again, but that didn't happen really.. Or maybe I'm just looking in the wrong spots? I don't know haha I used to come here to the forums to find blogs to go to and read for hours, but I just don't really see that anymore, and I don't really like reading stories on the forums, themselves.. Everything is just too bulky and hard to follow, in my opinion. If anyone knows of any TS3 blog stories that are still going, whether on Blogger or Wordpress or wherever, I'd love a link to them so I can follow and read!

Hope everyone is doing well <3
    edited August 2021
    Hi @MrsOogieBoogie,

Is good to see you again. I recently started writing Sims stories beginning with my current Sims 3 households and also have a blog for my Sims 4 game saves. Thank you for following my Sims 3 blog and I hope to have a new post there sometime in the next day or so of my recent game play with Brendan & Valeska Keaton's household in Sunlit Tides. Valeska is a 4th generation descendant from the game bin family Marley & Aimee Williams who grew up in Sunset Valley while playing in the game over a year ago. She married Marty & Justine's son who was named Brendan in that game save. After they were married, Brendan & Valeska moved to Sunlit Tides where Brendan became a Superstar Athlete and completed his 'Zoologist' LTW while Valeska became a Celebrated Five Star Chef. Since 13 Sim weeks have past in that game there will be a big intro update on the current household.

Hope you're having a great day!

@Sharona, it was nice to see you stop by the thread as well.

PS: Here's the link to the stories of my Sims 4 games on Wordpress:

https://silverssims4storypage.wordpress.com/

Sims 3 story link: https://silverdayjan.wordpress.com/
    @MrsOogieBoogie Hi! Nice to see you again! I've been lurking here irregularly, but my story-writing has slowed down because of stuff like work, and other projects, and for the first half of this year I also had some minor health issues that made me very tired and migraine-y. But I'm trying to sometimes drop by here to say something too now that I'm getting better again. Most of my stories are still going and being updated (though in a very irregular pace), and I still really like writing SimLit, especially with TS3. I'm also going to catch up on the SimLit stories I've been too distracted/tired to read.

I hope everyone's doing well!
    My Sims stories:
  • Simslover163Simslover163 Posts: 2,833 Member
    Greetings to all. Here's a new chapter in Cole's Adventures in Riverview! Cole attends Aiden's party and does improvements to his own house.

ARRkk4U.jpg
    sEgXZ52.jpg
    Sims 3 Blog | Tales from Veronica L. Hopkins High | Camellia Treasures (Coming Soon)
  • KNORearKNORear Posts: 522 Member
    edited August 2021
    The first chapter of the 1950s part of my Decades Challenge is up.

"For the longest time little was know about what my great, great grandfather actually did in Strangetown, no one in my family ever spoke of it, like his entire life there was some sort of dirty little secret."

51399553762_8a22849cd5_z.jpg
    https://videogamechallengesbykes.wordpress.com/2021/08/24/the-1950s-chapter-one/amp/
  • Ann88czAnn88cz Posts: 221 Member
    Hi friends! After a long time, I finally finished the next chapter of Life goes on. Check out the link here! I hope you enjoy it <3

238357070_170553528415088_5450421369340208384_n-1.jpg
  • jheyjuneicejheyjuneice Posts: 335 Member
    edited August 2021
    Hey all, I'm currently doing the Random Legacy Challenge. I've almost finished generation. Read it here!

Here's my founder, Genesis Liu:
    TMtGtdt.png
    6Y6GB8R.png
  • JamesSims528JamesSims528 Posts: 151 Member
    Hi all. I'm JamesSims. I was writing a legacy, but the save broke and I haven't managed to fix it yet, so I started a new one. It's called Campbell Countup and you can check it out on my WP site here!
  • BalaGee69BalaGee69 Posts: 4 New Member
    I see that the new thread was busy today. I've been lurking while I enjoyed the rest of my fabulous weekend. 3 days of fun and wildness hehe. i want to say hello to all of the new people. This week I will be starting another new story from my Montigo legacy, Borage Montigo-Gelman in "Love for the ladies". He's going to be my first story from gen 2. Yay!

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    https://frasimondo.com/frasi-sulla-vita/
  • jheyjuneicejheyjuneice Posts: 335 Member
    Just finished the second generation of the Random Legacy Challenge and now started Generation 3. Check it out here!
    6Y6GB8R.png
    Hello everyone! Here is the next Chrysanthemum Tango -chapter!

Chapter 61: A Quest for Love
    dGderl2.jpg

A new quest begins, and everyone is immediately in over their heads. An old champion gets called back in.

I hope you all are well!
    My Sims stories:
  • KNORearKNORear Posts: 522 Member
    Time for a Long overdue update for my Decades Challenge. Enjoy!

51650740168_1bd7b55bff_z.jpg

https://videogamechallengesbykes.wordpress.com/2021/11/02/the-1950s-chapter-fiveconnie/amp/
  • Ann88czAnn88cz Posts: 221 Member
    Guys! After months of not being able to write and play, I finally finished a chapter of Life goes on! Check it out HERE and let me know in the comments what you think! <3

screenshot-623-1.jpg?w=1024