Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

unpopular opinions

Comments

• JunkyPoemJunkyPoem Posts: 135 Member
    Sims 4 has too many lots in the game.

Over 80 if you own all packs. Max Sim Count is recommended at 200, which is only 25 households. And if every lot is attractively decorated using multiple packs, then you've got huge lag & gameplay issues.
  • haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    edited October 2021
    JunkyPoem wrote: »

Over 80 if you own all packs. Max Sim Count is recommended at 200, which is only 25 households. And if every lot is attractively decorated using multiple packs, then you've got huge lag & gameplay issues.

@JunkyPoem That's max played sims. I all the packs (except Star Wars) and way more than 200 sims in my game, somewhere between 600 and 1,100, and no lag/gameplay issues (as well as more than 3500 mods/CC file). If you have issues maybe we can help you try to sort them out.
  • JunkyPoemJunkyPoem Posts: 135 Member
    haneul wrote: »
    JunkyPoem wrote: »

Over 80 if you own all packs...

@JunkyPoem That's max played sims. I all the packs (except Star Wars) and way more than 200 sims in my game, somewhere between 600 and 1,100, and no lag/gameplay issues (as well as more than 3500 mods/CC file). If you have issues maybe we can help you try to sort them out.

Actually gives me hope that you're having no gameplay issues. Probably time for a new pc again, mine's aging. Thanks for offering the help.
  • WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,756 Member
    I don't quite understand the obsession with llamas in the Sims 4 franchise. I like llamas and it's cool that you can own one as a pet if you have Cottage Living, but I feel the llama references have been rather overused in the game now to the point where I'm not really finding it funny any more. For example, nearly all the prank calls my sims make are to do with llamas and it would just be nice if someone could have thought up more variety of nonsensical references that sound funny, rather than falling back on the llama thing for so many aspects of the game.

Were llamas a big thing in Sims 3? I don't recall them featuring much in Sims 2 but just wondered if there was a particular reason why they feature so much in the game?
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    I don't quite understand the obsession with llamas in the Sims 4 franchise. I like llamas and it's cool that you can own one as a pet if you have Cottage Living, but I feel the llama references have been rather overused in the game now to the point where I'm not really finding it funny any more. For example, nearly all the prank calls my sims make are to do with llamas and it would just be nice if someone could have thought up more variety of nonsensical references that sound funny, rather than falling back on the llama thing for so many aspects of the game.

Were llamas a big thing in Sims 3? I don't recall them featuring much in Sims 2 but just wondered if there was a particular reason why they feature so much in the game?

According to the SimsWiki, Llamas have been a thing throughout Sims History, but they've been getting more and more prominent in the last two games.
  • Missmagoo2Missmagoo2 Posts: 1,255 Member
    edited October 2021
    My unpopular opinion - I don't care for building. I don't think I've ever built my own house in this game - I'm just terrible at it.
    I hadn't even noticed all the things structurally wrong with the pre-built lots until I watched Youtubers make videos about them. I don't think I would have ever noticed... I focus all my time on creating my sims and running their lives. I don't have time to worry about building!

Because I don't care for building, I could not care less if a pack came without any building objects. GIMME THE CLOTHES AND HAIR.
    Like SJM? Like Kpop? Like Greek Mythology?
    ☆゚.*・。゚ Follow me on the gallery ☆゚.*・。゚ Origin ID: Missmagoo2
    O(≧▽≦)O

(I work with CC so make sure you check that box to see my "hidden" content!)

L'uinversSims profile: https://luniversims.fr/profile/46983-missmagoo2/
  • Chaotic_MoiraChaotic_Moira Posts: 482 Member
    edited October 2021
    Caitxcat wrote: »
    I don't want a height slider, it will just make things unnecessarily complicated and animations buggy, no thank you. I will go and hide now. lol

I don't want a height slider either, same reasons. I wouldn't mind if they made like short, medium, and tall as an option just because then I think they could make sure the animations worked this way. People would still complain that it isn't enough reality, but I would be fine with it.
    Missmagoo2 wrote: »
    My unpopular opinion - I don't care for building. I don't think I've ever built my own house in this game - I'm just terrible at it.

Me too! I just don't have the patience at all. I have done it a few times, and regretted it. I do however edit the ones I download a ton. I see lots I love but think, if only this, and but right here, that should be... So that is what I do. And I've learned all the builders tricks so I can edit their lots. It creates a kind of love hate situation for me. I get excited about an idea from a lot, then I go to edit it, and then I start to regret all the work of it..
    Features I'd like brought back from the dead.
    | Picture in Picture mode | Custom Paintings | Preset scenarios for resident sims | Placing my own lots |
    | Saving my own Buy Mode collections! | Saving an outfit in CAS | CaSt. Smaller is ok | Open World |
  • Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,959 Member
    I also don’t like building. I do build sometimes, but they aren’t very good :D
    I also don’t have the patience to spend hours in CAS. When I create my characters to start a save, I always have a little story idea in my head (eg what jobs they’ll have, what names I’ll use for kids etc) so I’m just impatient to get playing!!
  • Mizzila1297Mizzila1297 Posts: 620 Member
    I don't like create a style or the color wheel, so I'm glad it's not in the game.
    Too many options stress me out and makes it not fun for me, as odd as that sounds.

Honestly, I kind of agree. While it'd be nice for some things (like getting shades of certain colors to match items without those swatches), having every color imaginable available always made me unsure what to choose... I do really like they've been working on the swatches available, since now more colors go together. No more having 3 different shades of green for "matching" windows! haha
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,832 Member
    I don't like create a style or the color wheel, so I'm glad it's not in the game.
    Too many options stress me out and makes it not fun for me, as odd as that sounds.

While I love TS3 color wheel and wouldn't mind if it came to TS4 I find I spend more time decorating and redesigning than in live mode. And searching for and downloading more patterns. :p
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member

I play 3 and i only use the swatches 😅 so yeah, i don't care about the color wheel.
  • plumboy23plumboy23 Posts: 133 Member
    I love base game hairstyles, new clothes and hairstyles actually look cool but artificial, they don't fit the aesthetic for me though they're awesome.
  • CuteBrunette99CuteBrunette99 Posts: 2 New Member
    There should be more pets in the sims 4 :)
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,832 Member
    There should be more pets in the sims 4 :)

I think many would agree with you. 🙂
  • ChuChuExpressChuChuExpress Posts: 3,228 Member
    I don't actually care much for Eliza and Bob Pancakes.
    e6581e69b0d7d8f9e02cb1e30b50f464959bfb2a.png
    Sims 4 Family: Benjamin, Shine, Princess Roddy, Sophia and Hamish Furystrykar and Shelly Heart. Princess Roddy is my avatar, and he's a boy!
    Let those smiles spread!
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,446 Member
    Vlad is the most interesting townie ever created and deserves to be a staple of The Sims forevermore. B)
    #Team Occult
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    I like the Moschino Stuff pack.

I love the career, and I especially love the studio and poses and the ability to have magazine covers for my celebrity sims. I love the BB items, too. Even the CAS items, which I wasn't originally fond of, have grown on me.

I agree this is my go to stuff pack for BB items and have had so much use out of it. For some reason it gets a lot of hate but it’s my second favourite stuff pack after backyard stuff and is one of my most used sims 4 packs in my builds.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    TS2 has my favorite graphics, but I like playing TS4 the best!
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Goth583Goth583 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Rouensims wrote: »
    TS2 has my favorite graphics, but I like playing TS4 the best!
    Just reverse this for me because TS2 is still the G.O.A.T. of The Sims franchise for me!
    https://originalsimmer.blogspot.com - Check out my current TS4 Legacy!
  • Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,103 Member
    edited October 2021
    I enjoy merfolk, and I think they add a lot to the game. I also think they could use some improvements and underwater neighborhoods I can customize.

As much as I love the merfolk, I would love to see a skill tree similar to Vampires and Spellcasters.

Merfolk exist in lore found around the world because they are a mythical creature inspired by the sea and other bodies of water.

Did you know that the red lilies found exclusively in a certain European Lake are connected to a tragic story involving a Merman?

Nokken (Lake Spirit)
    Nok (Water Horse/ River Spirit, Can take human form)
    Fossgrim (River Spirit)
    Nereid (Greek)
    Triton (Greek name for male merfolk)
    Blue Man
    Merrow (Irish and/or scottish)
    Havmand (Merman from Pop Culture as depicted in game, Scandinavian Origin)
    Meerfrau (Mermaid from Pop Culture as depicted in game, Scandinavian Origin)
    Boto Encantado
    Nyx (Male)(Germen)
    Nixie (Female)(Germen)
    Mami Wata (Originally from Africa, South Americans sometimes mistake Arapaima deaths for this water spirit)

Sirens are not merfolk, and Merfolk are not Sirens. Sirens are specifically Bird Women in Greek Mythology. Merfolk have an affinity for music and are often depicted with instruments like Violins and Harps. Singing is a natural ability for most merfolk. Like other Faery Folk, they have certain magical abilities that range from helping fishermen catch fish to warning them about potential storms.

Merfolk abilities can be Ocean Manipulation, Weather Manipulation, Water Manipulation, and Musical Powers.

Ocean manipulation could include things like granting bountiful fishing, special interactions with marine creatures, the Mermaid's Kiss that prevents drowning. Maybe, a mer with power over the ocean could summon various sea creatures like Sea Turtles, Krakens, Sharks, and other marine life. They could include underwater currents that require certain skills or merfolk abilities. Riptides, Undertows, and the pull of natural ocean currents are very real forces that divers have to contend with. I've personally experienced a few of them in different places. Maybe swimming speed and energy decay while swimming could be affected.

Weather Manipulation is a bit self-explanatory, but they could expand the merfolk weather control to influence temperature and summon other weather conditions. I know there id a weather machine in game, but it would be nice if those were also weather changing abilities merfolk could utilize. It would be very useful because it wouldn't require as many upgrades or developing certain skills It would also be convenient because your sim changes the weather instead of an upgraded weather machine on every lot. Did I mention the part where you have to upgrade the weather to get the most out of it.

Water is the Element of Change and merfolk shapeshifting is a natural part of their lore. Water also cones in three different forms, Liquid Water, Water Vapor, and Ice. I've even read about a power called bubble manipulation. There are interesting possibilities with bubble manipulation given that they are essentially pockets of air underwater...

Buffs to developing music skills and singing new songs. Sea Shanties could be introduced to the game, and I think merfolk need a stronger connection to their musical roots. Music and Merfolk did not originate with Disney. It's the musical talent of merfolk that gets them confused with Sirens. The way I see it, merfolk can sing the siren song because they are talented enough with music to make use of musical talents from other occults. Maybe, merfolk can sing better than the average sim.

Stories about Fossgrim tell of how the freshwater merman's music had power over nature. When he plays his music, the trees and river dance to his music. Maybe music could be a way to control emotions and actions.

Anyways, if you dig into the lore of merfolk and their similar water spirits, you can find a lot of stuff that would absolutely add to the game.

What can I say, I like merfolk, and I like them in the game even if I think they could be better.

• Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,103 Member
    edited October 2021
    Specific types of mermaids and mermen are heavily gendered, and the fact that they call MERFOLK, Mermaids, show that they didn't do their research.

There are specifically male variants like:
    Nok
    Nokken
    Fossgrim
    Triton
    Havmand
    Blue Man
    Boto Encantado
    Nyx

And each of these are exclusively male in lore.

There are specifically female variants
    Nereid
    Meerfrau
    Nixie
    Naiad

Merrows have distinct differences in appearance based on gender.

Mami Wata is mostly female, but they can sometimes be male.

Mer is the English Prefix that modifies the relevant words. Mer means "of the sea" and it is a perfectly acceptable gender neutral term.

Merfolk, Merpeople, Merperson, and etc are all acceptable non-binary terms that are not misspelled.

I don't know. I think it would bother me less if gender customization wasn't introduced with the pack that introduced merfolk.

Final Edit: Merfolk are not exclusively female or feminine and that's exactly what the term Mermaid for the occult implies. I do understand and respect the need for a standard term for the occult. I just don't think mermaid is it.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top