Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you think about kits now 6 months later?

13...Next

Comments

• alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Neutral
    I would love Kits if they had ever found a theme that interests me. But so far everything is rather boring. Where are the glorious items from the TS3 store like the fortune teller's glass bowl, the surfing machine or the mid century living room?
  • MelisendreMelisendre Posts: 195 Member
    Dislike the idea of kits
    I don't like the kits at all. Less content for more money.
    The packs are having less and less content and the lack of content is filled with kits.
    Instead of spending time in kits EA should fix the bugs so we have all the content we have paid for.

And by the way I'm not interested in any of the kits. I don't need any of them for my gameplay.
  • ponyfhtagnponyfhtagn Posts: 17 Member
    Kinda dislike the idea of kits
    I don't like how kits let EA continue to break paid content down into smaller and smaller chunks. And they certainly didn't seem to be playtesting them at all. Bust the Dust had one main feature which was completely broken on launch - your sims couldn't clean their house faster than it got dusty - that's the whole point of the kit completely broken right there. I'm also worried with the most recent kits that EA will use kits as a place to relegate multicultural themes to rather than giving those themes more attention in fleshed out stuff packs / game packs / expansions.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I was grumbling about kits the other day, but honestly, I really enjoy the Bust the Dust kit. I'm not sure why it got such a bad rep. It's really fun to me. I would buy more gameplay kits like that one, but I'm sick of all the bb and cas kits.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • 100LilDreams100LilDreams Posts: 34 Member
    edited September 2021
    Neutral
    i own all current and find a way to use all of them equally but
    the only good thing about the kit is you can buy what you want specifically for your game for cheap
    the quality so far has been meh the oasis is probably the only one that really stands out however tho considering the other gameplay factors in the much bigger packs/expansions its also sadly not unexpected
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,970 Member
    Like the idea of kits
    I like the idea of kits. I don’t use mods or CC, so kits bring some fresh new things to my game for a minimal cost. I also would like to see more stuff packs too though.
  • Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    Dislike the idea of kits
    I own all the kits.

Originally, I liked the idea of kits and having more options. I loved the BTD kit for the added gameplay. BUT...now that we have them and have experienced them, I can say that I really dislike the idea of them and here's why:

It's a very lucrative and easy cash grab - they aren't paying programmers who can design code to operate properly, even when it is the MAIN feature of the kit. Then we have to wait for the better programmers to fix it in a patch. They are clearly spending money on marketing instead and then releasing the kit without the marketed materials included. That's some scammy spit right there.

While I think the idea of kits are nice, the execution is horrendous and should not be rewarded with future purchases - on my own behalf.
  • Neutral
    I haven't bought any kits. Doubt I will in the near future (prove me wrong with some awesome clothing).

The kits seems to be mostly BB and some CAS, with BTD as the only one with gameplay. They're not just worth it yet, despite some great objects (the Industrial kit was tempting, but no).

What do we want to get rid of: The holiday bug, the constant showering and the weed glitch.
  • MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 1,197 Member
    Like the idea of kits
    They hold up.
  • BastetBastet Posts: 56 Member
    Dislike the idea of kits
    Some EA created average quality CC. Hard pass.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Dislike the idea of kits
    A way for Maxis to have a TS4 store without having to run the server. Over priced stuff just like TS3's store. So many were so against the TS3 store but the kits are the same difference in my opinion.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,859 Member
    Like the idea of kits
    I like that we're still getting content while the team works on base game enhancements.
  • IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    Like the idea of kits
    I like them well enough, though I think they should have a bit more in them. Am I greedy? I dunno. The Moroccan bb was just a taste, now I want more! DTB really should have had a broom and dustpan - why didn't it? I like the low price, and I find I don't feel a burning urge to buy them all, which is a bit of a relief. I've spent way too much on this game in the past year. ;)
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    Kinda like the idea of kits
    LittleFox2 wrote: »
    Why do folks even want a broom? Do folks still use brooms IRL? Why would anyone even own a broom with all the choices of vacuums on the market. I'm joking by the way or am I. :p

I have a kitchen broom. Nice fella so he is.
    The great thing about a broom is that it’s not only excellent for cleaning, but due to its light weight you can also use it to quickly ward off intruders. PLUS it is of course one of the best transportation devices out there.

Folks often look at me funny whenever I try to ride around in my Dyson. Where I live flying brooms are still the most common mode of alternative transportation so I can totally understand.

@CAPTAIN_NXR7 Same! You can't beat a good fly broom. Sure, they don't have the power of a vacuum cleaner but I mean, how far is that cord really going to reach anyway? You barely get any lift off the yard. I do own one of those new, shiny, rechargeable vacuums and they're also quite portable and light. So there may be a market for tech on the fly. But it's not going to look so good mounted on the hearth now, is it?
    #Team Occult
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    edited September 2021
    Like the idea of kits
    I'm happy they added kits because having a variety of content is key to my enjoyment of the game. I own them all and use the items a lot. My favorite is Dust the Bust kit.
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    I like the concept of kits but some are ok some not so ok. I don't expect anything grand for 5 bucks. I can always spare 5 bucks. If I don't like it I didn't waste a lot of money on them.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Neutral
    I actually bought a few packs last weekend since i bought Home Decorator finally (for the Build and Buy, I will never use the career) and had money to burn. (well not "burn", I had a budget of 50 bucks, Home Decorator was only 25 so well, the workout one, the Industrial one went into my bag too. Not disappointed per se but definitely still too expensive at $5. I would say $3.5 for a kit is enough although if they put a little more care and coordination into them (not necessarily more items, just... plan it better) $5 is okay. Like... stop doing items that are almost identical to items already in the game, AND also make sure the swatches match already in-game items? Please?
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    There's a lot of potential in the gameplay kits. BtD has (or had, idk..) some problems but the possibility of doing better is there. BB kits have been the most insteresting so far and CAS kits have been uninspired.
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    edited September 2021
    I voted kinda like the idea of kits.

I think the concept is cool but the actual content is problematic.

The best kits for me were Country Kitchen and Oasis Courtyard. They added some really good unique content which I use all the time.

Industrial Loft needed more windows and doors. It’s just odd a single window was made 🤷🏼‍♂️. Even a couple of wallpaper and flooring options would have been nice.

Throwback kit only feels like a good addition if you don’t have fitness stuff.
    Busted Dust just felt odd to me, household chores but with magical dust bunnies included 🤔🤷🏼‍♂️. I thought the gameplay might be glitched so that’s the primary reason I didn’t get it.

The two newer CAS kits look like stuff cut from other packs.

So the idea of extra content is good but the themes chosen is the issue. Plus some don’t feel value for £5.

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • MadIrisMadIris Posts: 594 Member
    Other
    Other....
    I don't.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Like the idea of kits
    I am NOT a completionist. I am a "buy only those packs that are of particular interest, and without Feature X, Y or Z that I don't care for". So there isn't that feeling of pressure to keep up.

$5 is an easy price point for me. $10 for Stuff Packs already felt affordable, but this is better.

I like to think that Kits allow a broader range of content to be made available, exploring niches we might not otherwise peek into.

Overall, I like them.
  • EternalSunshineEternalSunshine Posts: 340 Member
    Dislike the idea of kits
    I still do not like the concept of kits.

1. I still feel that kits are overpriced for the amount of content that they offer.
    2. I hate how spliced Sims 4 content has become with EPs, GPs, SPs & now kits.
    3. IMHO the amount of content in a kit is too small to be compelling. Due to their "bite sized" nature, a kit concept will likely always seem lacking in some respect to me. I would much rather see ideas fully fleshed out in a larger pack.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Dislike the idea of kits
    I still do not like the concept of kits.

1. I still feel that kits are overpriced for the amount of content that they offer.
    2. I hate how spliced Sims 4 content has become with EPs, GPs, SPs & now kits.
    3. IMHO the amount of content in a kit is too small to be compelling. Due to their "bite sized" nature, a kit concept will likely always seem lacking in some respect to me. I would much rather see ideas fully fleshed out in a larger pack.

Amen to that :)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • emereemere Posts: 1,755 Member

I was neutral about the idea of this kits, but right now I have started to dislike them because they are another manifestation of the Maxis-Ea anti-occult gameplay agenda.

No kit is aimed at supernatural player, NONE!!

BTW the last stuff pack, Paranormal (the last "supernatural" pack), it's been broken for months :|