Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Spooky Spirit won't check off, help

Here is the setting, I haven't been playing the game in a while, just started back up. I have a few of the holidays set up, and it has come to Halloween. One of the requirements to click off is Spooky Spirit. To check off this my sim would need to interact with ghosts, vampires, or aliens. But none of the vampires my sim, who is human, speaks to is not checking off this. Some she, knows, and others she does not know very well.

As far as I know, there are not any aliens in my game (yet), and the same for ghosts. Am I going about this the wrong way? How do I get this requirement checked off? I've had issues with this in the past.

Comments

• MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,175 Member
    Just use the pumpkin crafting station, it's the fastest way to check off this tradition.
    Also, unless you've modded it out, the game will generate ghosts if you have a holiday with spooky spirit. But they mostly appear after dark.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I find with some of the holiday requirements that they take quite some time to check off, I usually use the pumpkin carving for this requirement.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    As Sharonia said, some of the traditions have to be done something like 3 times before they completely check off.
  • Flikka_FlikkaFlikka_Flikka Posts: 435 Member
    Scaring another Sim under "Mischief" counts toward Spooky Spirit. So does playing the pipe organ from Vampires.
  • RebbilinaRebbilina Posts: 377 Member
    Listening to the spooky station on the radio also counts
  • KyreRoenKyreRoen Posts: 677 Member
    Talking to a sim in the Sea Monster costume counts as well.
    Check out my 'Simming Tips' for detailed tips and tricks (TS4).
  • FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    Yeah, despite the description, the "spooky spirit" thing does not register at allwith vampires OR aliens. (This really annoys me tbh, I wish they'd fix it in a patch.) The only ways I've found to get spooky spirit is to,

1: carve a pumpkin

2: do certain socials with ghosts

3: doing the "scare" mischief interaction specifically (this will also fulfil the "trick or treat" requirement.

I haven't tried the talking to someone in a monster costume thing, but listening to spooky music will not work. Tho I think it used to? Since I do remember that, along with listening to Winter Holiday music working for Winterfest spirit, but I haven't seen either of those working for a while now.

It's really a bummer honestly that the vampires and aliens aren't integrated at all, and I think spellcasters should be included too. Like, I also wish that doing things as vampires, aliens & spellcasters would register for spooky spirit--like, maybe using vampire powers, or making potions, idk, stuff like that.